Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

Not impressed by this one. I have tried a few BB creams and this one is my second from least favourite.

The consistency was too runny, the coverage wasn't great, and left my skin looking oily. Definitely won't be buying again.

on 3/16/2013 8:28:00 PM

After first applying this product, I was super impressed. I loved the dewy look it gave and I loved that it felt so much lighter than my Revlon ColorStay foundation. My skin has never had large clumps of zits which we hard to cover, so I found that the light coverage this offered really worked for me. However, singular zits will sometimes pop up on my face which get really hard to cover, so I would apply a concealer and then apply this BB Cream.
BUT, after using this product as my main facial makeup for about a week or so, I noticed a LOT of zits starting to pop up all over my face - not in the T-zone where I usually get zits. As soon as I stopped using the BB Cream, they cleared up and have not appeared again.
Unfortunately I will not be purchasing this product again due to the zits. I wish that this was not a problem for me because other than that I loved the product!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This product is ok. I can't use it all over my face cause it kind of makes me look Cakey but on the parts I do use it on it covers nicely. It makes my skin feel soft but throughout the day it makes my skin a little oily. Not amazing but good enough for me to use again.

on 3/15/2013 11:31:00 PM

I am a teen and blessed with good skin, so I don't need much coverage. I bought this in the summer while the rave was at it's highest. I just ran out and it's now march! (I did buy a foundation in Jan. when I was running low). I like to use this all over my face, it gives a nice dewy glow. It really brightens and hydrates. It will show any dry spots though, so always moisturize! Recently, I've just been using this as an under eye concealer to brighten and it really works! As long as you set it, it stays for a decent time. It takes a little time to dry, but that's manageable. I really like this and I'm debating on repurchasing this or trying out others!

on 3/15/2013 9:11:00 AM

I wasn't sure how I'd like this based on all the mixed reviews on here, but it's turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. I've got sensitive skin and many other products make me itch, so I went through the aisles of Shoppers Drug Mart and put a dab of everything on my hands, and waited. This was one of the few that didn't leave me with itchy red patches.
The coverage is sheer, but I've found I can build it up well enough to cover redness and obscure the occasional zit - the zits don't disappear as effectively as with a foundation-concealer combo, but it works well enough to stop be looking like a mess at work.
Despite the fact that this has moisturizer built in, I can't wear this without a moisturizer underneath, otherwise, it's like trying to spread plasticine on my face. I use Garnier Moisture Rescue + SPF 15 (take that sun! You're not getting near MY face!) and it works beautifully.
The reason I was initially looking for a new BB cream/foundation was because my old foundation was just too dark for my skintone in winter. The Light Sheer Tint is the perfect shade for my fairer months, and I'm going to be really disappointed if this doesn't adjust to my skintone in the summer.
In the two months I've been using it, I've received a ton of compliments and often told that I have a 'glow' (and no, I'm not preggers). It's a lovely dewy look that doesn't appear or feel heavy, and best of all, my sensitive skin doesn't get angry about it. Definitely worth trying for yourself and seeing if it's the product for you!

When it says "sheer tint" it means sheer.
Because of that, I find it difficult to cover my redness and blemishes but I do like to use it as a base for my foundation as it makes my face very soft and even.
It gives a very light and dewy look but that may take a couple of layers to achieve.
Overall it's a decent product, but definitely not worth all the hype.

on 3/13/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first BB cream. I expected it to basically be a tinted moisturizer. I don't feel like I had unrealistic expectations of the product.

***My 3 star rating is also based on the potential this product has for OTHER people. The majority of the problems I had with it are personal to myself. I feel it's unfair to bash it completely based on preference.

I tend to use moisturizing products on the outside of my face, forehead, and chin..and that's where I applied this BB cream. I did NOT use it all over my face, it would NOT work for me like that and I knew that before trying it.

When I first used it, it was thicker than a tinted moisturizer. The next time I used it (maybe a week later, after it had been sitting in my train case properly stored) as soon as I opened it, it just started seeping out, everywhere. It reminded me of when you leave sunscreen sitting in a car on a warm day. It was messy, and inconvenient but not unusable.

This is light coverage. Be prepared to use quite a bit of concealer if you have any skin problems that you want to hide. I personally have decent skin, so this wasn't an issue for me.

I had no breakouts or irritation. It did get greasy after 4-5 hours. The areas I applied it to were very DRY. If you're an oily girl, I wouldn't pick this up.

The color selection is also lacking. I understand that this blends out and you can make it work for you in most scenarios but the leap from the medium shade to the medium/deep shade is huge. I've only bothered with the medium/deep but I can tell the Medium will be too light. A Medium/Tan would be nice Maybelline..

on 3/10/2013 8:00:00 PM

I'm gonna get straight to the point- I love this BB Cream. I've been blessed with non-problem skin, so I don't really need a foundation routine - and this BB Cream is perfect. It does seem to brighten your skin and moisturize it, but beware - it has extremely sheer coverage. The sheer coverage is personally what I like about it, but for others it may be problematic.
Also, this makes my skin feel so smooth! I love it. I have extremely pale skin so I bought the Light tone, works great. All in all, I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Lets my skin breathe while making it look great.

on 3/10/2013 6:50:00 PM

For me, this BB cream really works and feels very moisturising. Unlinke any other BB cream, this one actually does what it says, Especially around my T zone area where I have to exfoliate almost everyday as it's so dry! When i've been reading through the reviews, it's mostly people like me with dry skin that benefit from the product. So I wouldnt reccomend this for anyone with really oily skin, but overall I think it's a decent product and I probably will purchase this again since i'm going to italy in 3 weeks and I want something fresh and light to wear on my holiday  rather than cakey and gross.:)

This product is terrible. I was looking for something light just to gloss over some mild redness on my face for days when I don't want to wear tons of makeup. It goes on greasy and oily feeling. I realize that it is a tinted moisturizer so the idea is to add moisture to the skin, but it sits on top of the skin and feels like a greasy film. It broke out my acne prone skin.The color selection is terrible and both of the colors I tried oxidized in about 4 hours. Even with a setting powder it looked splotchy and wore off in places in about 2 hours.There are a bunch more TMs worth trying. Skip out on this one.