August 28, 2014 | 1141 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by chippochic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up in Coles for $14.50 in Medium. I would not call this a BB cream. It is thin and runny with no SPF. It didn't have any coverage on my face. I am a BB fan. I have purchased a few Asian ones, but they are too light in colour for me. The texture and coverage of the Asian ones are vastly different to this. My BB of choice is Garnier matte in Medium. It is superior to this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by emsthebeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product provides a sheer natural coverage and leaves me with a healthy dewy glow. I like how it blurs my large pores and blemishes. Since the coverage is sheer it does not help redness. The staying power of this product is not great. It required touch ups throughout the day and left my skin oily in the t-zone and chin. In terms of packaging it is awful. Since this product is thin it actually runs out of the opening and into the cap. All in all this is a run of the mill product and there are better alternatives out there in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't typically get breakouts- I have dry skin, and have never been acne-prone, and I picked this BB Cream up, out of curiosity, and thought it was very nice...

It went on smooth, it evened out the redness in my face, it made my face look dewy and fresh, and it has minimal coverage, so no mask-ey look... like I said before, I don't have bad skin, so this was enough light coverage for me...

However, I DID notice a few pimples in the last few weeks (same few weeks as my new Maybelline BB Cream added to my daily routine), so I can only imagine that this was likely the culprit :(

It lasts OK- Not as long as others, but not as bad as the Revlon Photo Finish BB... and I've found that when I use a primer, or my favorite Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, it stayed longer, definitely... I think I'll keep using this on occasion, despite the small blemishes I am getting...

The Light/Medium is a good color for when I am not "tanning", and definitely Medium for when I am "tan"... Medium is not that dark once it's on the skin, even though it looks a little dark hen you squeeze it out of the tube a bit... For reference, I'd say I'm NC15-20, depending on the amount of sun I'm getting into :)

Would I buy again? Probably, yes... In fact, I already have, since I wanted to try a darker shade (medium) after initially trying Light/Medium... It's a nice product even tho it seems to cause some blemishes :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I've definitely had some sort of reaction to this BB cream. It's given me cystic acne all over my face, the worst I think I've ever had. There are a LOT of chemicals in this product so it would be hard to pinpoint which one exactly i had the reaction to but I wouldn't suggest this product to anyone with sensitive skin, or acne prone skin. As for the product itself, I used it for a week and all it did was make my skin super oily and didn't really provide any additional coverage. There are MUCH better BB creams out there, I suggest getting one from Asia. I recently received Holika Holika Peitit Clearing BB cream and I tested it out once and the coverage was phenomenal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't provide nearly enough coverage to wear alone, but makes a very nice layer under other makeup. Leaves my t-zone shiny, but everything does.

I wish they'd make this in a wider range of shades. The lightest is fine for me, but my daughter has very fair, pink-toned skin and "Light" is too dark and too yellow for her.

Edited to add that I've decided this product is too drying on my cheeks. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by inkii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually own 2 tubes of this product because I was not sure how the coloring would blend onto my skin. A few months ago I was able to first get a tube of the Medium (whenever I looked there would only ever be either the lightest shade which is def too light, or the darkest which is also def too dark) and found that it might be slightly too dark for my tone in winter, but blended well. A few week later I was able to get the Light-Medium which is slightly too light, but works better for my tone in winter. I sometimes use foundation over it as well.

I will say that if you are looking to conceal blemishes, this will not work. While it does even tone and color in general areas of redness, it will not conceal a blemish on its own. Good thing is that because it is sheer you can layer it on, but I would suggest getting a blemish concealer instead. It will cover dark spots however. In fact, when using the cream I do suggest applying it in very thin coats; when I first used it I applied it too thickly and my face felt sticky for the rest of the day.

I don't have oily skin, but I am prone to stress-related breakouts. This product does not make it worse, though I can't say it helps to heal either. Decent alternative to foundation however, but don't expect it to do the work of foundation or a good concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off I saw overseas reviews about this bb cream and I couldn't wait for it to hit australia.by accident I saw it in coles last week and I just had to buy it! For around $14?there were 3 shades to choose from:fair,light,medium,i chose the light.I wore it for about a week (no break outs yay!) and the texture is nice and silky,very sheer (not much coverage) it did have a nice glowy finish but it has no oil control for later in the day,my face looks like a mirror lol (but I'm like that with any product).product smells never bother me nor do I notice them but this has a odd plasticky old shoe smell? The packaging comes in the traditional tube and screw on lid,easy to use Anyway the product was good but I'm very DISAPOINTED to find out that it has no spf at all! I don't understand why the overseas version has spf 30 but in australia there's nothing? To me I don't think I can class that as a bb cream,isn't it just a sheer foundation then? I guess you could put your own sunscreen underneath it,I won't be repurchasing due to lack of spf rating,I want my bb creams to ALEAST protect me.such a shame

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying this is not a full coverage product. It is sheer to light coverage. Do not expect it to work like a foundation and hide your acne or other blemishes. If that is what you are looking for, this is not your product.

I had no interest in trying BB creams until my dermatologist recommended this product to me. I was looking for a daily moisturizer/spf that would not break me out. I have sensitive, acne prone skin. I can not wear chemical sunscreen without breaking out.

I was skeptical of this product but gave it a try anyway. This product is certainly "liquid-y" and spills a bit out of the packaging (they need to work on this). I chose the lightest shade which looked a bit brown in the tube but blended in well into my skin. It blended in fairly well into my skin, if a bit sticky. Immediately after applying, I use a dusting of powder to set the cream and prevent an oil slick. I imagine without powder this BB cream will get oily by mid day for most people. I need to blot a bit in the afternoon, regardless.

I am a full coverage foundation kind of girl but for running errands this BB cream combined with powder does well for me. It evens out my skin tone, conceals some redness and diminishes the appearance of blemishes. It does not look like makeup, which is lovely.

So far I have experienced no breakouts from this product. I wish they would redo the packaging and make it a larger size and less leak prone. Overall, I am happy with this product and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Jwiatr3

I don't wear foundation or coverup I only have a few pink spots on my face that I would like blended in and toned down. I tried this because it's only a little concealing but also moisturizing. Supposedly. I put lotion on my face then I put the bb cream on and right away I felt like a slight burning/tingle all over my face and it smelled aweful. The smell only lasted a few minutes but yuck. Anyways I kept it on for a half hour and It totally made my skin start peeling and created more dry spots! Definitely mix with or use after applying lotion. Otherwise the color and everything was amazing it evened out my skin and it looked so pretty but my face still burns so idk if it's just me or just the tube that I bought.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by HelloLucy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you have a near-perfect skin that only needs an extra 'boost' (moisturising, for example), Maybeline's BB cream may work for you. If you have dark circles, blemishes, a bit of redness and pimples like me, this product could turn out a disaster. For me it was!

This cream did absolutely NOTHING for my skin. It didn't cover up anything (not even after applying multiple layers later on), so the cream didn't quite 'blur imperfections' like the packaging promised. It also gave my skin a weird, slightly orangey-pink hue (and I bought the lightest shade there is..). As for the 'glow'.. that's an understatement - this product made my face look very shiny.

I still tried to make it work by using concealer and translucent powder, but with this BB cream as a base my skin looked awful nevertheless. In the end, I just rubbed it all off and went to a nearby drugstore to buy a different product.

Maybe I'm spoilt because I've tried a lot of quality Asian BB creams (Missha, BRTC, Skin 79, Lioele) which all looked really natural on my skin AND had absolutely great coverage.

But this 'Dream Fresh BB cream' is really a waste of my good money (10 euros! ..Which isn't nice being a student on a budget (; ), and I'll never use it again. This product doesn't work for me and isn't what my skin needs. Back to real Asian BB creams it is!