Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/5/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I didn't think it was possible to love a palette more than my original Naked palette but I do! Naked 2 colors work so much better with my fair skin :)

on 2/3/2012 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have and love the original Naked palette. When that came out, there were a lot of reviews crying "hype, hype, hype", which, to be honest, seems awfully insulting to people who researched and purchased it and then used and loved it because it is an EXCELLENT palette. If there was a lot of "hype" or talk about it, it's because it was deserved - a great assortment of neutral shadows at a great price and in excellent, streamlined packaging. If there hadn't been the quality to back up the "hype", the reviews here would have shown it over time. We women are not stupid! The same applies to the new Naked2 palette - if there is a lot of "hype" (meaning reviews, praise, interest), it's for a reason.

Several people told me I didn't really "need" Naked2 since I have a LOT of neutral shadows and since I had Naked1 and "they're really not very different". Well, I just got Naked2 the other day (it was released later here in Canada) and I can tell you that, as good as 1 is, 2 is even better, especially for cool-toned women like me. Some of the photos at the top of this page are a bit misleading (I'm sure because of the vagaries of lighting) but the colours in 1 and 2 are not as alike as some of the photos would indicate. I got this palette because I absolutely LOVE Suspect (which isn't available on its own) and loved the look of Snakebite and Pistol and these 3 shadows DO NOT DISAPPOINT. I am surprised by how much I like Booty Call and Busted and so many of the other shadows. While black eyeshadow isn't really "my thing" (and I've got Mac's Typographic, which is about as dark as I like to go), I am sure I can use Blackout to darken an outer V or smudged on top of black pencil liner. All the shades in this palette are just wonderfully wearable and all work together really well to create a wide range of eye looks. I've never had a UD lipgloss before but I really like the one that comes with this palette and the double ended brush is much better than brushes that usually come with eyeshadows, even high end shadows. So all in all, this is a great value and a great product and will be perfect for me for travelling. Even for a long trip, you really don't need anything else by way of shadows unless you really go for brights. Just toss in a liner or 2, some mascara and you've everything you need to do your eyes for a month without getting bored! This palette is worthy of its high rating and deserves whatever "hype" it has been getting.

on 1/31/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Never enough brown eyeshadow! In spite of feeling like I didn't really need this palette, owning to the fact that I already have the original, I went ahead and picked it up as soon as it became available at my local SDM. I actually quite like the brush they've included. Mine is soft and both sides perform their intended functions well. I'm glad they didn't include another mini of primer potion (as usual); I think UD has caught on to the fact that a lot of collectors buy their palettes, and we don't need eleventy-billion tiny bottles of primer potion. The tiny lipgloss freebie is a nice value-added. As for the colours, it's a nice range of neutrals (duh). The texture of them is everything I've come to expect from Urban Decay. Very, very nice palette.
---
EDIT: Boy, what a difference a bit of time can make. Some shades in this palette are definite keepers (Foxy, Bootycall, and Blackout are ones I reach for often), but they're not terribly unique. Some of the shades are so loaded with sparkle that they're rendered un-useable, and I found one shade in particular (Tease) to be hopelessly difficult to blend. Of the 3 full-sized Naked palettes that are currently available, this one isn't the worst, but it's not nearly as wonderful as I originally gave it credit for.

on 1/30/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I thinks this one compliments the original version, I would combine my favourite colors on both and make my perfect neutral palette, but overall they're both very wearable and versatile.

on 1/29/2012 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My HG palette. I have used it everyday since I got it. Great pigmentation, silky finish, great selection of shades. My favorites are verve and pistol.
Absolute repurchase when I run out.

on 1/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Absolutly DEVINE. My favourite palette ever purchased. This palette suits its name much better than the first one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the HG of everyday eye shadow pallets. I can create the perfect blends for every day casual wear, classy smokey eyes, or diva'd up for a night on the town. I love it! At first I was nervous about so many of the "shimmery" shades, because i'm more of a matte girl, BUT the shimmer is more highlighting than shimmery. Its perfect. The eye shadow is highly pigmented and very easy to blend. Now I want the first Naked pallet.

on 1/26/2012 3:39:00 PM

I LOVE this palette! I like it so much more than the original! I know a lot of people disagree but I love it!!

on 1/26/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this may be premature because i only bought the palette this morning but so far i'm in love, I actually preferred the packaging on the original naked palette, i find that this packaging is more secure, but you have to press it closed at 3 places on the palette for it to fully close. Love the colors so far. will update if anything changes

on 1/25/2012 6:11:00 PM

I'd give this 3.5 lipsticks rather than 4 if I could.
I have and adore the original Naked palette, although it was a tad warm for my skintone. When this cooler one came out I was all over it. The shades are beautiful, but I find it hard to put a full look together with this one. There are 2 highlight shades (which is plenty), 8 crease wash shades, and only 2 colours dark enough for the outer V. Like, the colours are beautiful but there aren't as many "full looks" you can create as there are in Naked 1- in that palette the full looks you could do were endless. That said, the shades that are included are gorgeous and high quality (although not all are as buttery soft as they were in Naked 1)
On to packaging: I prefer the old packaging, even though the lettering is flaking off. This packaging is pretty, but clunky and not easy to hold. Your thumb will smuck up the mirror when you hold it (although the mirror is nice and large) and when you close it, you have to clunk both ends into place; they don't just snap into place on their own.
The brush included is crap, which was disappointing because so many reviews said it was nice. The shader end was utterly useless (didn't pick up colour) and the blending end was poor at best. I have to go over it all again with my MAC brushes every time I try to use it. It's too plasticky and synthetic to pick up or blend colour. I have some synthetic brushes and all are better than this.
The lip gloss included is a beautiful shade and the formula and flavour are nice.
Overall, it's a decent palette, but if you have to get one of the two, I'd get Naked 1. I also find myself still reaching more for Naked 1 because all the shades I need to create a look are in it. With Naked 2, I usually need to grab shades from other palettes as well.

Popular Palettes