November 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Thought I'd share my two cents on this one.
I'm glad Urban Decay came out with a sequel to the most coveted Naked Palette that seemed to have spurred other brands to come up with their versions of "Naked." And of course once this came out, everyone was on with the comparisons. The original was more bronze and cocoa and warm shades, while '2' were more taupe and neutral shades. I must admit the only reason I bought this palette was for the color Pistol, the gray-brown taupe because I can not get enough of taupe. The other reason I got this palette was because it truly is the palette that I can take anywhere and will probably hit pan on at least one color, which I have never been able to do with my palettes.
Even though I've already tried or have the shades that come in this palette, the combination of them in this palette makes it worth every penny. For example, I already have Half Baked, Chopper, Suspect, Verve, YDK, and Blackout. That's already half the palette I already have in other palettes. I'm actually glad they put in Suspect and Verve which came in the Rollergirl palette because I use them quite often with Blackout from the 15th Anniversary palette in the crease to add definition. Verve is also a great color to highlight the inner corner.
Another standout for me: Foxy. I use Lancome's eyeshadow in Positive because it is the best neutral brow/highlight color without being over the top shimmery.
I've only tried a few looks so far, but I feel like I can create tons more. For example, today I tried YDK on the lid, Busted in the crease and Verve for highlight.
I very much prefer this palette to the original Naked because I did feel it was too warm for my complexion (NC35). I'm glad I bought it when I did because it is sold out! It's also a good thing this is permanent so I can come back for it when I hit pan on Foxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette as soon as I received the email that they were back in stock and I am so glad that I did. I was debating whether or not to get this because I do have the original Naked pal by UD. However, I never reach for it and if I did it was only to use Half Baked (which is in 2) and Smog. It was also far too warm and dark for my liking - not to mention too shimmery. Naked 2 is fantastic because it has a few matte shades (love the matte black) as well as brown and taupe-ish tones which work much better on my golden NC40 skintone. The colors are cooler in comparison to the original and I feel this Naked 2 is the epitome of Naked! This should've been the original! Give this a go ladies if you like the types of shades in the palette! They work well with my light brown eyes and black hair. I would def repurchase if I ever run out! You def get a ton of product for the price! Great value and the packaging and mirror is also much better than the first palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tyheartsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the Naked 2, not sure if i like it better than the original because i have not used it enough(: I got it the day it came out on Urban's website and i do not regret it at all!! I had a coupon so i only paid $48 and of course they have free shipping right now if you spend 35. :D All in all i think it was a wonderful purchase. I would not recommend for lighter skin tones honestly unless you really blend the colors. The colors in this palette are definitely lighter! I love it though so i think it is a must have in any makeup artists collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have nothing much to say about this product. If you have olive skin like I do, you might want to skip this product and purchase Naked 1 instead. I cannot get this to NOT make my face look washed out. I guess it's the cool colors in it that tend to blend in with my skin tone. For some reason, the shadows are so much harder to pack on the colors to my brush, not sure if it's the product itself or what.

My palette is also scratched, since the case is made out of tin. There's lots of fall outs all over my palette (inside), maybe because of its quick mass production that they've totally forgot about craftsmanship.

My naked 1 wasn't like this at all, and I even purchased it during times when it was so hard to find it at my local Sephora and Ulta. The palette overall is a disappointment for Naked 2 but would have to keep it to use on other people though.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

I like this better than the first Naked Palette. There are more lighter colors, which I like. The first palette is harder for me to work with because the colors are darker. I don't see myself having to buy another one of these. I would if I ever ran out but seems like both palettes will last me for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those super cool-skinned palies that a lot of browns turn orange on. As such I had just given up and stuck to a diet of light purples and silvers with black for my eye m/u. Predictably, this got boring. I would feel like mixing it up a little every once in a while but would give up long before finding three coordinating shades of brown. I got the first Naked after the hype wore me down but I could only wear about two of the darker colors in it, and didn't love them enough to justify the price so I sold my palette.

Enter Naked2. I ordered mine as soon as I got the email and received it Monday. By then I'd seen some bad reviews, mostly in comparison to its predecessor. I didn't even open the box until many hours later, but when I did I was very cautiously excited. The whole right side of the palette is made up of wonderfully pigmented rich COOL BROWNS that have enough shimmer to be pretty and workable but no glitter. First time ever that I've been able to do a subtly smokey brown eye look on myself. A+ on the packaging as well.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I jumped on this as soon as I saw it pop up in my email last week. Thankfully I was lucky enough to get one after a few hours of internet server problems and high traffic pages. I was actually really excited that it came so quickly, too. I ordered on Thursday and received on Monday, pretty fast considering I'm all the way in CA and the palette shipped from FL.

I don't have Naked 1, but always wanted it. But after getting Naked 2, I'm questioning whether I really want Naked 1. Lately, I've been looking for neutrals with cooler undertones, which I feel are a lot more difficult to find compared to those with warmer undertones. So, Naked 2 is kind of my perfect palette. It has it's warmer shades and it's cooler shades which is kind of a departure from Naked 1 where there was an overwhelmingly more amount of warmer shades. Definitely in love!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not real sure what else I can add that hasn't been said already, but since I never got Naked 1 and don't intend to now, my take on this is as a newbie to this series starting with 2. Maybe this will help those who aren't sure whether they need both or not, like me prior to actually getting my hands on it. UD ships faster than I remembered, coming from FL to CA in two days via Priority Mail.

I won't rehash the shades as they've been done to death, except to add that there was not nearly as much glitter/sparkle in this as I've come to associate with UD in the past, which is better for those of us who have outgrown that to some degree but don't want to be totally boring. There is still plenty of shimmer here to spice things up, and a few mattes to mix it up as well; one perfect as a liner, one as a highlighter/base shade and one more that falls between the two of those. I like all the shades and can see a use for each and every one of them in various combinations and just looking at the silly thing makes me happy :) They are all plenty pigmented enough for me, and feel like buttah where they apply and blend like a dream. I like the brush too, both ends of it are very useful, soft enough for my needs yet still firm enough to pick up the shadows with ease. I've gone from yes, 'naked' and natural looks with this to full-on smoky eye all in one palette, and I love that. Lasting power is great, especially with a good primer underneath like UDPP, NARS, or MAC Paint Pots or Paints.

The case is fantastic. I love that the tin snaps shut and it is indeed sturdy - it got knocked off my dressing table by accident (about 2 ft before it landed on my chair which is not cushioned) the same day I got it and I freaked out, only to open and discover that nothing broke, thank goodness because I would have cried my eyes out. (I've been a lot more careful with it since then, needless to say!) The bonus gloss is nice too, sheer, shiny and minty, but not overly so, with an nice neutral-pinky tone to it. I'm glad it came with that instead of the UDPP because I can't wear the Original due to allergies, but I have and use the Sin UDPP with this palette which looks really nice and doesn't irritate my lids like the Original. The gloss is on the thin side and not sticky so it doesn't last terribly long for that reason, which is okay. Reapplying won't kill me. Adorable little tube too; easy to keep in a pocket or small bag to carry around which makes me kind of wish they all were available in this size now. The GWP travel size El Dorado 24/7 liner that I got with this from UD's site is pretty nice too, gotta say. It goes well with this as a warm inner-corner highlight shade, but is otherwise too light for me to wear as a liner by itself. Still, can't look a gift liner in the mouth now, can we? :)

I guess my overall take on this is that if you never got the first one you might not need or want to if you get this. I have no desire to myself. Out of the two, which I did extensive research on before buying by viewing swatches, looking at #1 IRL, reading reviews on both, etc., I am very happy I got this and even more thrilled I manged to snag it the first day it came out. That kind of luck NEVER happens to me so I'm just tickled to death about this set. Before this the only real 'naked' palette I had was NYX Champagne and Caviar, which I put side by side and took a pic to compare (in profile & I'll upload here as well -please ignore the blurry shot and fingerprints on the mirrors! I did not know it was going to be so huge of a pic but I'll leave it up anyway.). While that one is pretty good, I like the UD more. There are more shades to play with that all look different unlike the NYX, and they are much softer and easier to pick up, hence easier for me to blend than the NYX. Plus it comes with a brush and the case is made to travel so it's all I need. Not to say the NYX is not good for what it is and the price, but this is better. Then again I expected it to be as UD are known for their e/s. I don't think I've bought a UD set since the old Face Cases (yes, that's how long ago it was and how old I am, lol!) because they usually include uber-bright shades I won't use, the original UDPP I can't use, and/or too much glitter. This is none of those so waiting for this was worth it, and has earned itself the top spot in my makeup rotation which I don't see changing for some time. Based on the price for all you get: the amount of e/s in here, a nice brush, and a gloss, $50 is more than fair as this would be over $200 for all of these individually.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should have gotten N1, now....

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by egarrett2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite my vast collection of Urban Decay Palettes, I proceeded to buy Naked 2 the first day it was released to the general public. And while I do like this palette so far, it had the potential to be a lot better. This palette definitely has some cooler toned shadows, but not as many as I was hoping. In fact, the first five shadows are warm toned. There are a lot of dupes for the second palette in the original Naked. For example, when swatched, "Hustle" and "Busted" are nearly identical, with "Hustle" being almost just a *smidge* lighter. "Virgin" and "Bootycall" are also spitting images for eachother. Oh, and did I mention that "Half Baked" is in both palettes? That is probably what irks me the most. However! I really am glad I bought this palette, because the second half performs so well and the shades are gorgeous, (not to say that the first half isn't good.) "Blackout" is probably the most pigmented, deepest matte black you will ever come across. Works incredibly as a liner. "Pistol" and "Verve" are great too, probably my favorites along with "Blackout". All of the shades are up to Urban Decay standards, except for one.I am a bit disappointed with "Tease". It looks so gorgeous in the palette, but it is chalky, poorly pigmented, and doesn't blend so well. Ah well, you can't win 'em all. Urban Decay's mattes just don't seem to be up to par with the rest of their shadows, Except for "Blackout" that is. The brush is really nice; I especially love the blending side. It picks up just enough pigment and works wonderfully. I prefer the packaging of Naked 2 over the original. I imagine it will stay nicer longer and just looks prettier. Despite some negatives, I really do love this palette. I would definitely choose it over the original if I had to pick. If Urban Decay decides to make a Naked 3, they need to have more cool tones and better performing mattes. I'd buy that! (Who am I kidding, I'd probably buy it if it was exactly the same as 1 or 2 :D) Happy Shadowing!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by vesper369

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with Malloryanne on this palette regarding it being better for women past their 20s. I am 35, and loved UD when they first came out when I was in college. I loved the finishes of their eyeshadows back then, but in recent years their metallic shades have had too much of a "foiled" finish for my taste. I was psyched to try the Naked palette last year because I loved the colors, but I am a SAHM and I just couldn't pull off the heavily foiled finish of those colors. My favorite color in the Naked palette was Toasted, but I returned the palette because it wasn't right for my everyday "natural" look.

I think that the colors and finishes of the shadows in the Naked 2 palette are a lot more subtle - except for Chopper & the matte shades, the finish is more of a shimmery pearl, rather than a metallic foil.

Half Baked was one of my least favorite colors in Naked 1, so I wish that they had recycled Toasted or Buck for Naked 2 instead, but oh well. My favorite colors in this palette are Suspect (shimmery taupe) and Tease (matte mauve).

All in all, this is still not the "perfect" nudes palette for me, but the colors are pretty and unique and I most likely will end up keeping this one.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I also love the "Naked" Lip Gloss that came with this palette. I prefer getting the gloss to shadow primer which I never use.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No