Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/14/2012 7:50:00 AM

I think Naked 2 is Naked 1's sophisticated sister. I never bought Naked 1 simply because it was just too warm for my rosy skin. Nor was I a fan of the overwhelming amount of sparkle. Naked 2 is just perfect. It's a lovely balance or warm and cool shades. I always use a matte highlight and liner so it was like Urban Decay read my mind when the included Foxy and Blackout. I have used every single color and though some complain about Chopper being too sparkly, I think it's gorgeous as a lid color. I also gravitate towards Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol and Busted. Booty call is great in the inner corners of the eye. My only disappointment would be Tease. It's so pretty in the palette but fails to perform on the skin. Verve and YDK are super pearly but will be fantastic for evening looks. The brush is not the greatest but the lip gloss is fab. All in all, one of the best palettes I've ever purchased.

on 1/13/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am just starting out my makeup collection and this was my first big purchase. I was debating on whether I should get the original Naked Palette or Naked2 and decided to go with the new palette. I didn't know much about either one but I knew the 2 would sell out quickly and wanted to get my hands on it while I could. I'm in love! I can't believe how smooth the colors go on and the rich colors I get. I can't compare it to the first because I don't have it but I am so happy with this and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

on 1/13/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's alright. I think I prefer the original Naked Palette more. There are some really gorgeous shades like YDK and Busted but every time I go to use this palette, somehow I find it hard to create an everyday look with these colors. Although it is perfect for dramatic smokey eye looks. Also, the original palette contained Naked and Buck which were more suitable blending crease colors than Tease for my skin tone. I've only had this palette for a week but I think I need to play with it more to really fall in love with it.

on 1/13/2012 10:50:00 PM

I really love my palette! I like the cooler tones compared to Naked 1. All of the colors are soft and go on pretty well. I wish this came with a miniature Primer Potion rather than the lipgloss which is pretty useless but tastes like mint chocolate cookies none the less. It would have been even better if there was more color variance- lots of similar colors. I do love them though :) ***Edit!! I still treasure my palette, but I just took a lippie off because I notice that the darker shadows kind of creep to my below area after hours and I have never experienced this with ANY eyeshadow- cheap or expensive! it's so weird! I do love the colors half baked, and ydk!! all the colors are so elegant and high quality!! Also, the Blackout black color pulls navy blue on me and that makes me kinda sad. I also LOVE the brush it came with and the super durable case :)

on 1/13/2012 8:04:00 PM

Ok, I hated the original NAKED, but now that I have this... my feelings are quite mixed...

I do like this better because it has more mattes. However, the mattes do leave a little more to be desired. The original NAKED eyeshadow consistencies were much more buttery than those of the new one. The matte black is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. It is just as bad as MAC's Carbon... [Sugarpill's Bulletproof is the best black I've tried thus far!]

I am used to smoother textures, but they do the job. The blending brush it comes with is not so bad, the shader brush on the other hand is garbage.

I'm not a fan of the eyeshadow shade Chopper, since it has larger glitter-bits in it. The colors are quite similar than the original, so I recommend one or the other. Both is NOT necessary at all... but I much prefer the cooler tones for my NC30 skin.

LOVE the packaging for this one. I hated the velvet flocking on the original - I would always have to clean off my hands after applying cream foundations or liquid products before picking this up, and it collected dust like no other!

The Naked gloss it came with was a happy surprise. I def. like it - a MLBB gloss for sure. Barely sticky, but I've experienced higher quality glosses that aren't sticky at all with the same amount of shine from MUFE. Still, this was definitely not as sticky as drugstore counterparts or juicy tubes.

Worth having if you are a beginner in need of a neutral collection. Nice for on the go. I'm more used to dramatic looks, but I have to learn to tone it down for daily/career wear... so I am reluctant to like this as much as I should, but I do admit it is worth having if you don't have a large collection or are in need of a gift to give to someone just starting. I'm just used to building my own palettes, so the idea of preset palettes have yet to completely "WOW" me just yet.

on 1/13/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this pallete has been described pretty well already, so I wont go into that but here is my two cents... I have both naked and naked2 and feel they are different enough to make it worth owning both. I am fair with yellow undertones and I can use all of the shades, there arent any that look odd (like buck and naked did on me). I have been pulling shades from both palettes to make different looks but this palette is also great by itself. There are so many options in this new palette, if you are debating which one to get I would say this one because it will suit more skin tones.

on 1/11/2012 12:27:00 PM

I love it! I received it over the weekend and I've been supplementing my looks with it all week.

As someone mentioned below, it's not a sparkle-disaster. Only one sparkly shade and if you tap the brush after loading it, you can minimize fall out to a degree.

The left half of the palette is warm, warmer than the first Naked. The right half is cooler. I'm an NC 40, and I personally found Naked 1 too champagne / summery to wear in the fall/winter. This is a perfect replacement.

I like the metal box better than the velvet one from before too. It feels more sturdy. I haven't tested the brush or the lip gloss yet.

If you're on the fence and you haven't bought the first one, I think overall this is a better palette. I'm sure I'll transition off to the the other Naked over the summer, but I am totally totally loving this for the winter.

I LOVE this palette!!! I have been using this palette for a couple of weeks and I love every shade. I have the first palette and I prefer this one because the colors are a bit cooler. Regardless, both palettes are excellent for your money and will last a long time!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this product I received it today and have been creating looks all day. It is very versatile and it is perfect for my cool toned skin. I do not own the first one so I can not compare the two but I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

on 1/5/2012 2:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this palette. The colors are very cool tone and go very well with one another. The colors are very shimmery. My favorite colors have to be Chopper, which is almost a shimmery rose gold color, YDK, a very shimmery taupe-brown color, and Verve, a shimmery taupe-gray color. I love the dual ended brush as well.

Popular Palettes