July 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

I have this in Berry Smoothie, which appears to be a deep berry pink with fine sparkles in the tube. On lips it gives a very sheer sheen with a touch of medium pink - making lips appear moist and quite kissable :) For me (NC20), it creates the perfect MLBB look. The staying power is as can be expected from such a moisturizing formula. But I find it perfect for the winter months, when my lips seem too dry for lipstick, even with regular exfoliation.
That said, I think the cute plastic packages contain too little of the product, especially considering how fast it wears away - a couple wears have already shortened my tube visibly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a little disappointed in these, I love the colors but the down fall for me is these dry out my lips pretty badly. A makeup guru on YouTube mentioned it was making her lips peel and dry but I figured it won't happen to me. I'm surprised because it feels so buttery and nourishing at first. I started out with one color and it went great for the 1st week. It felt so nice on my lips so I went a little nuts and bought 7 more. After wearing it consistently, my lips started feeling dry and now it's to the point where it's painful and peeling. The only time a lip product gave me this reaction is a cheap lip gloss from the dollar store. I do need more moisture on my lips than the typical person though. I'm still using them once in a while because I have so many and I hate to see it go to waste. I'm just a lot more cautious and only wear it once in a while and make sure to wear a good balm underneath. I think putting this directly on my lips gives my lips a bad reaction so I need some type of barrier between my lips and this lip butter. It's just annoying because if something is called lip butter, it should nourish my lips, not dry it out.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by 1005merritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i recently bought this in the color "tutti frutti" after watching a review of it on youtube. I regret buying this product only because of my color choice. Tutti frutti turned out to be bright orange. this might look good on people with darker skin tones but on me it clashes. i still use this though because of how well it moisturizes, and it is not too sticky like lipgloss or harsh like lipstick. Plus, the packaging is cute and looks like a lipstick. Also, it is pretty expensive for a tinted balm. otherwise, i would recommend this but i think that you should go for a more neutral color when first purchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by AngelOtter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not think these are worth they hype, lots of them look silly on, especially if you have cracked lips at all. They are creamy but I can't get over how "milky" they look on the lip. I'm not going to waste my money on any more of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

I have never been able to pull off lipsticks, because I lick or rub them off within ten minutes. As a result I've been a slave to Chapsticks and lip glosses for most of my life. I enjoy these because they have the consistency of chapstick or a lip gloss, but with a nice, flattering pop of color. This is the only way I can wear color on my lips. I have been carrying a few around in my purse, and so far have had no problems with lids popping off. My only complaint is that these rub off on anything your lips touch, much like any lip gloss would.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these.
I have two; Red Velvet and Creamsicle.
Red Velvet is a fabulous, deep cream red.
Creamsicle is a beautiful, wearable sheer peachy nude.
I really adore these; they last about an hour, but they feel amazing to reapply so I don't mind!
They aren't particularly moisturizing, but they definitely aren't drying!
I wholeheartedly recommend these!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by piratelass87

I am absolutely in love with this product. I own it in three shades now, Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, and Red Velvet. Out of the three I would have to say that Red Velvet would be my favorite as it finally makes it possible for me to wear a chic red lip. I usually avoid lipsticks like the plauge. They dry out my delicate lips and end up flaking in just a matter of minutes. That and I tend to rub my lips together, ALOT! However, when I use the lip butters I find that my lips stay moisturized, and when I rub my lips, even though of course the color wears down a bit I am left with the most lovely of slight stains. I would rate Sweet Tart as my next favorite, as it is the perfect shade of pink that always manages to brighten my face. And Strawberry Shortcake would be my third. It is a little too blue based for my coloring, and I really only use it when I want a little less boring version of something nude to go with a charcoal eye. I would recommend these products to anyone, especially anyone who has chronically chapped lips like me, and I certainly intend to pick up some more of these colors. I think there is something like twenty shades available, but I hope they release more!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day and the first time I tried it, the first thing that came to mind was "holy hype Batman!". The idea that this is moisturizing is crazy, this sucked all the moisture out of my lips and I find that literally the only way I can manage to wear this is with chapstick on underneath (which kind of negates the whole "buying it because it's more moisturizing than a regular lipstick" schtick). As far as texture goes, imagine a lip gloss that is a lipstick and that pretty much sums it up (thick, spreads like molasses). I bought peach parfait and on my fairly pigmented lips this imparted very little color, however, the glitter factor is over the top. Nothing like wearing a lipstick where you can literally see huge chunks of glitter on your lips. Overall, I don't find this to be any better than any other lipstick out on the market right now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

These are pretty expensive for what they are. It's a tinted lip balm. Yes I love tinted lip balms because they don't cause my pigmented lips to look ghostly. But this is expensive and doesn't moisturize as well lip balms. It's more like a sheer lipstick that looks like a balm. In sun light it makes the lips look almost wet. Awesome effect but not worth ~$7USD. I have bought the Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers for years and those are a little under $2 for one. A lot more worth it and it moisturizes. I might try the L'oreal ones instead.
1/29/12 update: The first review was off of shade 050 (Berry smoothie) and I just recently bought 065 (Creamsicle). Odd fact is that these are two different textures. I'm raising my 2 to a 3 cause I could see how people could like these. I don't know if I got a bad batch with 050 but it had glitter in it and was very drying on my lips. Now 065 is a different story. It's more of a lip butter and is a lot more moisturizing than 050. I don't know why brands do this with their products. I wish this was more consistent. Overall though this is still expensive at $7USD for a lip product that does not last all day. If it moisturized & lasted all day I'd pay the money for it. Over all there is a hype behind this as they aren't the greatest thing. I do like how 065 feels on my lips though vs 050. I probably won't buy more of these but I am keeping the container to melt my other lip balms into this (they're classy looking). Also you get very little for what you pay for. The Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers you get 4g in it while with the lip butters you only get 2.55g.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by earthgirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I was in California visiting my parents, I picked up a couple of these as they aren't available in the UK. It's winter here and freezing, so all I want to do is reach for my lip balm. Revlon's Lip Butter takes the place of my lip balm while adding a lovely colour to perk up my face. And the colour stays on better than my lip balm! I seriously recommend this inexpensive alternative to combining much lip balm and drying lipstick that won't stay.