September 15, 2014 | 949 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by froggiegirl621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like Maybelline mascaras, their Full & Soft is probably my favorite and I've been using that for years. I spotted this when I was going to pick up another tube of F&S and I was intrigued. One thing that turned me off was the appearance of the brush...it reminded me a bit of the brush from CG Lashblast, and I know I'm in the minority, but I really disliked Lashblast...but the One by One was on sale and I had a coupon, so I gave it a go. I was really surprised at how much I liked this! For one, I tend to like a drier mascara, and I do think this is a smidge on the drier side even from a fresh tube, so points for that. Second, the way the brush is shaped makes it easy to get to those tiny lashes in the inner corner w/o getting mascara all over your eyelid. Third, while the brush is similar to the Lashblast brush (rubber bristles), the bristles on the One by One brush are longer so it really coats the lashes well without smothering them in product. I get pretty great results even with just one coat. I don't get any smudging or flaking throughout the day, and my lashes aren't crunchy or super stiff. My only real complaints with this mascara is that it's not really volumizing, although it does a great job at separating/defining, coating every lash and adding length. I think it's a great "every day" mascara. For that super thick, almost "false lash" effect, you'll need to use something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really dissapointed with this mascara. My main problem with it is that it smells like it's gone rancid and the smell lingers. It gives decent lashes. They are kind of full and the separation is good, but it needs a lot of coats to be dramatic. All in all just a lackluster product. I use the falsies mascara and the results are much better. This is definitely a mascara for a daytime look, but I prefer one that lengthens more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by KarlaKayM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like most of the Maybelline Volum Express mascaras and this one is no exception. Love the thick, but not TOO HUGE brush. It's plastic and seems to have an inner layer of bristles that coats every lash~ This mascara gives me super volume and length which is totally what I am looking for in a mascara. I haven't used it long enough to give this 5 lippies yet, but so far this mascara is performing VERY WELL! I have also not gotten any transfer. I have the Waterproof version~

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by AmalieK

I like this :) i saw my mom wearing it and i wasloke woah! what are you wearing! and then she told me. I tried it on my self and its as good on me. But i gotta say, you have to - HAVE to - apply to layeres. Or else it wont get thik enough. But as long as your fine with doing that - its awesome!! I really like alle the volum'express mascaras actually- Both the Falsies, this one by one, colossal and some of the old ones to :) their great!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I reallly do not like this, granted I only tried it twice and went back to my voluminous. It does seperate but my lashes are thin so it looks like little spider legs which does not appeal to me, i like thicker mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by hysttericglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a little hesitant to buy this mascara because i wasn't too big of a fan of "The Falsies" mascara.I am so glad i gave it a try! The brush is sorta reminiscent of my HG CG Lashblast,the formula is on the thin side but it does the job well.When layered, this mascara makes my lashes So long and defined,I have really short stubby lashes so most mascaras really dont lengthen at all.I would say that this is my favorite mascara for now and if you want a lengthening mascara that will make your lashes stand out , go for this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rdwerth

I switched to this after being less than impressed with Falsies. I purchased it in Blackest Black. I have fairly short, medium thick lashes. I really like how the brush separates my lashes and provides an even coating of mascara without clumping. It adds length & volume without looking fake or tacky (no spider lashes). I have pretty oily skin & haven't had any issues with smudging. I also haven't noticed any flaking, either. I would buy this again; the quality is great for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have now found my HG mascara, I was shopping around at walmart and saw the stand for this, I had never seen this mascara in my life, but the colour of the tube really drew me to it. I have been using this for quite the number of months now, its great, I find you can use this for both natural and dramatic looks, it really does separate my lashes. I took one lippie off because it does smudge after a few hours. But that's a quick fix, have already repurchased and will continue doing so.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkunicorn15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this mascara, but it didn't do anything but make my lashes darker. By looking at the brush, you would think it would make your lashes really long, but it doesn't. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I'm waffling on whether I would buy this again because I hate the smell so much. It is a very strong perfume-y smell, and it makes me feel like I shouldn't put it near my eyes. However, the formula and the brush on this are fantastic -- comparable to my HG Lash Blast. I really do think this does a good job of coating individual lashes with no clumps. I just have to decide if it's worth tolerating the smell.