July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by KarlaKayM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like most of the Maybelline Volum Express mascaras and this one is no exception. Love the thick, but not TOO HUGE brush. It's plastic and seems to have an inner layer of bristles that coats every lash~ This mascara gives me super volume and length which is totally what I am looking for in a mascara. I haven't used it long enough to give this 5 lippies yet, but so far this mascara is performing VERY WELL! I have also not gotten any transfer. I have the Waterproof version~

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by AmalieK

I like this :) i saw my mom wearing it and i wasloke woah! what are you wearing! and then she told me. I tried it on my self and its as good on me. But i gotta say, you have to - HAVE to - apply to layeres. Or else it wont get thik enough. But as long as your fine with doing that - its awesome!! I really like alle the volum'express mascaras actually- Both the Falsies, this one by one, colossal and some of the old ones to :) their great!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I reallly do not like this, granted I only tried it twice and went back to my voluminous. It does seperate but my lashes are thin so it looks like little spider legs which does not appeal to me, i like thicker mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by hysttericglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a little hesitant to buy this mascara because i wasn't too big of a fan of "The Falsies" mascara.I am so glad i gave it a try! The brush is sorta reminiscent of my HG CG Lashblast,the formula is on the thin side but it does the job well.When layered, this mascara makes my lashes So long and defined,I have really short stubby lashes so most mascaras really dont lengthen at all.I would say that this is my favorite mascara for now and if you want a lengthening mascara that will make your lashes stand out , go for this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rdwerth

I switched to this after being less than impressed with Falsies. I purchased it in Blackest Black. I have fairly short, medium thick lashes. I really like how the brush separates my lashes and provides an even coating of mascara without clumping. It adds length & volume without looking fake or tacky (no spider lashes). I have pretty oily skin & haven't had any issues with smudging. I also haven't noticed any flaking, either. I would buy this again; the quality is great for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have now found my HG mascara, I was shopping around at walmart and saw the stand for this, I had never seen this mascara in my life, but the colour of the tube really drew me to it. I have been using this for quite the number of months now, its great, I find you can use this for both natural and dramatic looks, it really does separate my lashes. I took one lippie off because it does smudge after a few hours. But that's a quick fix, have already repurchased and will continue doing so.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkunicorn15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this mascara, but it didn't do anything but make my lashes darker. By looking at the brush, you would think it would make your lashes really long, but it doesn't. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I'm waffling on whether I would buy this again because I hate the smell so much. It is a very strong perfume-y smell, and it makes me feel like I shouldn't put it near my eyes. However, the formula and the brush on this are fantastic -- comparable to my HG Lash Blast. I really do think this does a good job of coating individual lashes with no clumps. I just have to decide if it's worth tolerating the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jorid

I bought this mascara because of the ugly packaging colours. Seriously? Coral and green? Not really. I was expecting a larger sized brush, but the rubbery thing actually looks like it would work fine.

I was sadly wrong. The mascara applies clumpy and it doesn't even help to comb through with a eyelash comb afterwards. You have to be especially careful when applying to your lower lashes, I end up looking like a doll and have to remove half of it with a q-tip afterwards. It claims to give your lashes volume, well yeah if clumps are volume.

In addition to being horribly clumpy, this mascara also leaves me with dark falloff under my eyes! Even when I've only applied one stroke to my upper lashes. I have to check during the day if I look like a panda or not. The little that's left on your lashes is easy to remove at the end of the day though.

It does not smell or make my eyes itch though.

I will not buy this mascara again, and not recommend anyone else to buy it. I wont give up Maybelline mascaras yet, but I'll look for another one next time they are on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I really like this a lot more than I thought I would. The way they market it made me think it'd be very similar to L'Oreal Million Lashes. This blows that away. What I like is that it's volumizing, but not clumpy and it only takes a couple coats to get the effect I want. Oh, and it doesn't smudge, which is huge (I'm looking at you, Voluminous).