Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 2/24/2012 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my holy grail concealer. It covers EVERYTHING. But I agree with a lot of women under me when I say a little goes a long way. It is only $5 at my local Walmart and it lasts forever. If you want flawless looking skin, this is the product for you.

on 2/24/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Echoing most other reviews in that it is VERY pigmented. Seriously, start off with a small dot. This can look really cakey and obvious if not blended properly and applied over well moisturized skin. Sadly, I'm not really feeling this. It takes some work and the color "Light" casts off a grey tone on my skin (NC15/20) AND I really don't think it works any miracles as far as covering blemishes go. I haven't tried it under my eyes because it seems too drying for this area.

on 2/22/2012 7:53:00 PM

I have to say I was eager to try this concealer after hearing all the raves on u tube.I tried it in light which was too light for my fair to medium skin tone,so I went back and purchased the medium which was too dark.

I was hoping to cover a scar no luck,didn't work for me. It actually drew more attention to it.

on 2/20/2012 2:49:00 PM

I was using Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer for over a year & I actually really liked it. I was tired of spending so much money on it though. I saw this concealer & it's the same size as the Tattoo Concealer with just a huge difference in price. I never tried anything by Hard Candy before, so I gave it go. First thing I wanna say is.... A LITTLE BIT GOES A LONG WAY. It is thick & if you use more than a tiny drop it can look a bit ridiculous, so be careful. I like this better than the Tattoo Concealer, it covers better & it lasts longer. I like it in the color light for under my eyes but when I try to cover some scars on my cheeks I feel it looks too light for that. I will be picking this up in a shade a little darker & see how it goes for my cheek area.

on 2/14/2012 4:01:00 PM

My Walmart either sucks and never restocks or this stuff goes fast. It took me a good three weeks to find it on the shelves and I was so excited to try it based upon all of the good reviews here.

Bottom line is that I'm not excited about it. It's very thick and doesn't blend into the skin well--it kind of sticks to the surface and looks sticky. It also wipes off very easily which is not attractive if you are snuggling with your boyfriend and turn his shirt into a beigey-browny mess.

Yuck.

Not worth the $6.00 I spent. I'd much rather use my Almay concealer.

on 2/14/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so excited to try this product since so many people seemed to think it was amazing. I was definitely disappointed. The coverage is alright since it is pretty thick in consistency, however, the shades are all wrong. The light was way too pale for me (and I have pretty fair skin), but the medium shade looks like mud, it almost has weird undertones that just dont blend well. I gave the fair shade to my mom and she didnt really like it either. If they would work on the shades of this product, I would buy again, but until then, I'd rather pay more for a product that actually looks like skin (I believe this product was around 8 dollars, my benefit concealer is $28). I will say that I enjoy the packaging of this product and the quantity. If you try it and it works for you, you probably won't have to buy it again for at least a year, maybe more, because it comes with a lot and takes very little of the product to cover (if you can only get it to blend). I like the squeeze tube packaging much better than a stick, wand, or pot, so that's a plus.

on 2/14/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Oh, my dear sweet Glamoflauge, how could I possibly live without you? Simple answer...I couldn't!
This product delivers in every aspect for me. Simply the best concealer I've tried. I especially love the consistency: thick and creamy, but not so thick that it becomes uncomfortably tacky. Very easy to blend, covers my acne scars, any redness, veining, pimples, or any unevenness in my skin coloring. Now I'm not feeling the nagging need to shell out the $$$ for MAC Pro Longwear concealer anymore. This stuff covers without EVER looking cakey, doesn't settle into any invisible lines, doesn't look crusty or gooped up by the end of the day. It blended in beautifully with my skin (shade-wise AND setting-wise). When they say 'heavy duty,' they mean it. I don't know why some people are saying that this stuff isn't full coverage, because, ahem, excuse me ma'am, but it DEFINITELY is.
There's somewhat of a debate on whether or not this performs well as an undereye concealer, and here's my take: it depends on your skin type, skin tone, and how much coverage you're looking for. I have extremely dry, flaky skin, and with moisturizer, primer, and the works, it performs well for me, but I've since stopped using it for undereyes, because I like to use either a salmon-toned concealer, or a concealer that's a shade lighter than my skin tone. I use Glamoflauge in Light, and it matches my NW15 skin tone perfectly, but I just like to brighten up my under eyes, and this doesn't really deliver for that function. My one beef with this product is the verrry limited shade selection. This concealer has gained such a cult following in the two years since its release, being compared to Kat Von D, featured on numerous blogs, videos, and yet, there's still only three measly shades to choose from. Concealer is NOT a 'one-size fits all' kinda deal, Hard Candy!
I bought my tube about a year and a half ago, and there's still about a third of the product left, and considering I've been using this almost EVERY single day since my purchase, it's lasted me a looong time, because a little goes such a long way. And you get .71 oz of high-performance product for $6, so at the moment, I can safely say that this concealer is HG status for me. And I'll repurchase for as long as they carry it.

on 2/13/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first product by Hard Candy that I have purchased, and I am pretty pleased with it. At first I was skeptical, because the first two ingredients in it are petrolatum and lanolin oil, which are known to irritate the skin. I do have sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I tried this concealer just on my forehead first (like I do with most any new product I try). I don't really get pimples on my forehead, so I couldn't tell how the coverage was at first, but I didn't have a bad reaction to it, so i then started using it on the rest of my face after a few days. Let me just say, that you might have to mix two shades to get your right match, because they only come in 3 different colors. My skin tone is usually medium, but I was forced to buy the light because that's all my local Wal-mart had left. I took this as a good sign though, meaning this product sells really fast. Anyways, light is way too light for me, but I must say that the coverage is pretty well. I have this one stubborn pimple, its small and flat, but I have had it for months, and any other concealer has not covered it up as well as this heavy duty concealer has. I am happy to say that it has not broken me out either. (knock on wood!) it is very pigmented, so you don't need a lot. I use about the size of half a dime for my whole face. I use this concealer, then use Bare Minerals Matte which is a little darker then this conealer so it evens out the white. However, the light did not work well for under my eyes, I'm hoping another shade will do though. Next time i will try buying the medium color and see how that works, but bottom line, I love this product and will buy again. The tube should last a very long time though. I have had it for a month and it hasn't even made a dent, so I might just have to go buy medium before this one even finishes.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I generally have very clear skin, but sometimes I have hormonal breakouts that leave some decent sized pimples on certain areas of my face(mainly my chin). I realized I needed a full coverage face concealer that can cover these spots up. Overall, I like it. It covers well, and doesn't look too obvious if I warm it up. And for the price, I would definetely repurchase.

Pros:
GREAT coverage
Inexpensive
Great packaging

Con's:
Can get a tad bit cakey on my spots, but I can just warm it up.

on 2/12/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is the only concealer that covers my intense under eye circles! I love it except that I've noticed that sometimes you get little pieces of white which shows it hasn't been blended in perfectly. Other than the little pieces of white, its perfect!