July 30, 2014 | 2054 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lilylamp

the reviews for this product are overwhelmingly positive, so of course, i bought myself a tube- from ebay. I live in australia.... like most others i agree it is long wearing and quite opaque which is good. and yes, certainly a little goes a long way. my complaint is also regarding the colour selection. i chose medium but the hue seems somewhat dull, or even grey in some way. this is only really noticable when applied under my eyes, on blemishes it seems fine. But the way it makes my eye area look is very unflattering, and i look much better without the concealor. It does cover any darkness (i do have a little usually) but it covers with greyish tone which actually is less flattering than the dark circles themselves..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Catgirltoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with another member's review in saying that there aren't enough shades of the color. I have it in medium, which seems a little light for me during the summer. I like the consistency, because it will really stay on. This isn't a creamy type of concealer, so some may not like it for use under the eye area, but I love it! I've been using some much creamier type of concealer and just decided to try this one. You don't need a lot of it at all and if you do want to use it under the eyes, you should use a sponge to spread it out evenly and smoothly. I actually have very oily skin and the milk of magnesia doesn't work to keep make up on for long, but I've used this as a base under my makeup (not just to cover up some areas) and it was great! My foundation didn't budge all day at work. I really like the way it brightens my face too! Go to the nearest walmart and buy it!!! Now!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product.I really like that its in a squeeze tube. I have this in tan which is the darkest shade. It is a little too light for me, so I use it under my eyes and sometimes as a base for my eyeshadow. A little goes a long way...This should last me a while. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because it only comes in 3 shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by robinmosesnailart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am an NW25 in summer, NW20 in winter. i am a N6 in studio fix powder and the medium shade of hard candy glamoflage is absolutely perfect. it beats macs concealer all over the place...it makes me almost not want to wear foundation...just conceal, powder, go. i will be buying more and stocking up because i will be sad if this is discontinued. i dont write many reviews, but this is absolutely worthy. i can see the "green" factor others write about and that only happens in thick layers..if you ever-so-thinly apply this product, your natural red tones will show through (with my complexion anyway) and then, you can also build with this so nicely...its so thin and what i use under my eyes is just basically NOTHING but just enough to lighten the dark circles .........but wow. it covers every scar and discoloration effortlessly..it makes my skin almost look TOO good and i am wondering if it looks like a mask in certain lights but it doesnt seem to? if i find otherwise, i will certainly report, but this is just the best concealer i have at 1/4 of the price of my other concealers. i hope this helps others with my skintone try it out!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HOLY CRAP! I love this concealer! I never had to use a full coverage concealer before but I started to notice that I have dark circles that make me look older in pictures (which is totally unacceptable to me). I was hesitant to shell out $30 on the MUFE, CS, or RCMA full coverage concealers. Then I saw the reviews for Glamoflauge on MUA and decided to check it out, since people were saying it's better than those other brands (since it doesn't dry as fast and become hard to spread) and much cheaper. I don't live near a Walmart so I went to the Walmart website and was happy to find that it was only $6 and FREE shipping! Awesome!

I am an NC40 (maybe a shade or two darker because it's summer) and ordered the darkest shade, Tan. This shade turned out to be too light for me (even though the pencil that comes with it is the perfect shade, which is weird) but I found a way around that. I use a clean fluffy eyeshadow brush to stiple the concealer under my eyes in that upside-down triangle sort of shape. I let it dry for a minute or two and then stiple my foundation over it. Then, I let that dry for another few minutes and use a cotton ball to stiple my NC40 Select Sheer powder on top to set. Then I continue applying my makeup and by the time I use a big fluffy brush to apply the loose powder over my whole face, my undereye area matches my skin tone and looks AMAZING! No dark circles in sight! For $6 I don't care that I have to spackle my undereye area a bit to match my skin tone- it works and that's all I care about. I only need a tiny bit for each eye so this tube will last me years!

Also, the pencil that comes with this concealer doesn't go to waste- it's PERFECT for concealing my nasolabial lines (the creases that run from the corners of my nose to the corners of my mouth). I saw an Enkore video where he used concealer to make creases/wrinkles less visible, and the Glamoflauge pencil is perfect for that! Love, love, love it :) Great value for a great product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by MissHoneyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer is so amazing. It's even better then a liquid concealer I payed $28 for. It has the perfect texture and stays on all day. I would repurchase it for sure but do not think I will need to for a very long time since the tube is huge and all you need is teeny tiny dab.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ohglorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand how people like this. I suppose it would be better except for the EXTREMELY limited number of shades; I got it in light and it's still too dark. It doesn't stay on at all for me, even when I set it with powder. However, the thing I do like about it is that you only need a TINY amount. I literally don't even squeeze at all, I just touch my finger to the cap and the amount that's there is what I use. I'll finish the bottle, maybe, but unless I can figure out a way to make it amazing, I will not be repurchasing.

Update: I have figured out how to make this work. :) I really do like it now. It definitely is not my HG concealer as others have said, but I do wear it frequently. Blending it with my fingers was horrible, but using a powder brush works well. Great coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is way to thick!! its like putting melted plastic on your face!!1 its gross

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by itsxvirginia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the color medium, and it works out pretty well in terms of blending, and pigmentation. I mean holy cow one little dab (not even as big as a pea size amount) can cover both eyes pretty darn well. I have huge puffy dark under eye circles (I blame genetics), and it does a decent job. It's probably just me, because my under eye circles are ridiculous. I'm not sure if my color is wrong, but I am asian, and it turned out really yellow for me. I have naturally pink cheeks, and I have some pink undertones, so the medium kind of created like a striped look on my face (forehead, undereyes, nose down). I don't wear much foundation, but I'm sure if I did, it'd be fine.

So if they had a wider range of shades I think it'd be a lot better, but the price for what you get (it's going to last me a lifetime) is fabulous.

edit: 2 months later, it doesn't look like I touched it, it's been a little bit more squishy, but it still looks unused. The thing is, it is oil based, so my mascara tends to rub off onto my lower lid because of that, even though it's waterproof (lash blast volume to be exact). Since waterproof makeup can be taken off with an oil substance, and the concealer is oil based, it tended to come off a little. That's the only con I would say, besides the limited colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bootsvalentine

I really love this crap! :) I have very fair skin and undereye circles are a problem, as is the occasional blemish and scar. This covers so well! I am switching from Benefit's Bo-oing. I like the tube. A little goes a long way. I would recommend it for people who like a thick consistency and very opaque coverage. The light shade is a perfect match for my skin.