September 2, 2014 | 2084 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer - heavy duty

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by booboo242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the best concealer I've ever tried! It covers well enough to live up to it's "Heavy Duty" claim. I don't have any tattoos yet, but I tried covering my cousin's tattoo the way it says on the package and it worked really well! The only cons to this product are that it's hard to blend and has a rather limited color selection. You hardly need any for your entire face, and it comes with a lot of product, so it will last for a VERY long time. Plus, it doesn't have a doughfoot applicator, so bacteria from your blemishes doesn't catch onto it and cause more acne the next time you use it, which is absolutely great! I had it on during a two hour volleyball practice then a two hour open house and I didn't have anything under itor anything over it to set it, and it barely moved. However, when you set it, it will stay there pretty much as long as you want it to. This is definitely HG product, and it would be even better if they had more color selection and it was easier to blend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by bathaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have found my HG for concealers!!!! I use it for underneath my eyes, I have MS & with all the meds and horrible genetics (thanks DAD) and as long as I moisturize very well underneath the eyes it really does a job that is on par with that of MUFE, Shu, Dior, Ect. I have a little way of doing it that seems to help with the thickness that some people have had issues with.
1. Moisturize the hell under your eyes
2. Warm a SMALL dot between your 2 ring fringers & tap under the eyes. I like to do this and then use a concealer brush to make sure I get all the way to the lash line. I add more where needed..... somedays alot more...
3. I use a pop of Clairins flash balm for the eyes over it once it has set.

I really, really, really LOVE this stuff. I wish they had it when I was a makeup artist!! To make things even better when we went out last night even though I was having a relapse, I had a 25 y/o man hit on me & could NOT BELEAVE I was about to be 35!! People could not fathom that I had MS, much less was in the middle of a relapse I looked so well rested & healthy!!! Ladies rush out and get some of this and I really hope they increase the colors for our all our lovely ladies!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Lovepeacekc

OH MY GOSH
I HATE THIS CONCEALER

i was so excited when i finnaly got it( always sold out in my shade)
and it was the worst thing ever! believe me i have tried to work with it so many different ways! its so thick and doesnt blend well for me.
it left a greenish colouring on my skin
it just makes me so mad

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by callire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a decent full coverage concealer, but the color range is just too limited. If this came in a lighter shade that had more of a peach/pink undertone, I might consider buying it again. The concealer is thick, somewhat tacky, and easy to blend until it sets. The color of the lightest shade is very strongly yellow-toned, which doesn't look natural on me at all. At least it didn't break me out. Overall, an OK product but unusable on me because of the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by musiclives

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initially I was disappointed in this product. Too thick/oily and the colour selection was awful. I applied this with my fingers in an attempt to thin the product, however it was much too thick for my undereye circles and made the skin look crepey. With a brush it was not much better, it appeared very thick and obvious. Over blemishes it was alright, but still very cakey in appearance.

The only way I can wear this is when it is thinned down. I mix equal parts of the concealer and Maybelline Fit Me foundation (very runny - shade 225) onto the back of my hand to thin it and make it darker (the shade 'light' is essentially paper), and apply it with a small concealer brush before foundation. I then blend it in with a MAC 190 brush. This makes it much easier to spread and, as the the concealer is so concentrated, doesn't sacrifice any of the coverage. It's creamy and works well into the skin. Also - the packaging is nice and sanitary and makes it easy to squeeze out the right amount.

As for the concealer pencil, I don't really use it for blemishes. It works awesome on the waterline instead of white eyeliner to really open the eyes and make them appear larger.

This product only gets a three rating from me because of the adaptations that had to be made to make it usable.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by NotHerAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff for under my eyes, but as a general cover-up it doesn't work as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I am a light/medium skin color, more on the medium side. I saw this the other day in the store and someone had opened up one to try it out in the "light" shade. i have a hard to match skin tone/color and since the light was conveniently vandalized i figured i'd try a quick smudge on my arm as well. Well.. i saw right away that i would need the medium shade. After another half hour of walking around walmart and a good bit of rubbing, i STILL had a white stripe on my arm. This is some heavy duty concealer (as it says right on the tube) I bought the medium *(which is much lighter on skin then it is in the tube). A little bit goes a long way. Wouldn't use it over large areas but perfect for spot treatment. Not so great under the eyes (my lids are so dry from eczema and almost nothing works anyways so i may not be the best judge on that) but this stuff is definately great for any other imperfection i want to make completely disappear.. anywhere on the body. (even used it on a scar!) Oh yeah, and the little pencil it comes with is pretty cool as well. Maybe it's just 'cuz i've never had a pencil concealer that's so.. "pencil-y". (All I've ever had/seen are the thicker creamy chubby pencils like UD's 24/7) This is a skinny stick and is kinda hard.. like an eyebrow pencil. Not too creamy, just enough slip to blend. It's an interesting li'l guy. Good for small non-raised spots, freckles, or blemishes- not pimples (IMO). Not a necessity for me so it's not something i bother using all too often but if i feel the need or want, works perfect.
****EDIT: I was doing a little makeover for a friend the other day. She usually has a very easy to match skin color/tone. This was alllll wrong and it was not because it was too dark.. the tone to it just looked almost greenish/grey or maybe yellow-y. (we couldn't decide. either way, not even close.) Out of curiosity, I put a little on my man's arm (he has medium italian skin) and although the shade was a bit light for him, again, it was the actual tone that was all wrong. (maybe it's me that has this "lovely" green-grey-yellowy undertone..) So, i guess, if this concealer matches you, it's great! i still love it! but i can see how it may definately not work on everyone (as is true with most cosmetics so i am not going to remove a lippie just for that)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS: extremely pigmented, great packaging allows you to squeeze out only what you need, does not cake under the eyes (if you pat it on), long wearing 10hrs, pencil concealer can be used on my waterline to brighten up tired eyes (white liners look odd on my medium skin tone), can't beat the price $5 CAD

CONS: runs quite yellow on my neutral NC 35 skin tone (bought the medium shade) so I can't wear this concealer on it's own, only under my fdtn. The pencil concealer doesnt wear as long (2-4 hrs at most on my blemishes even when I set it with powder)

overall a great purchase, I'd recommend it especially if you have yellow undertones. But I wouldn't buy it again b/c I rarely reach for it since the shade doesn't match perfectly and clashes with my undertones. I prefer pinky concealers like erase paste or an NW shade of Mac prolong wear concealer for my under eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheUniqueDaniB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. I think some don't like it because they are applying it incorrectly. I use a kabuki to blend it, and it gives great coverage. I don't have horrible acne, but it's pretty bad and I have redness and large pores. It covers undereye circles, just don't use too much, it does sink into pores- so use a primer (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by nadiac062

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best concealers I have! Perfect for dark circles and blemishes. The only downside is that there is not a wide variety of shades and the colors are a little misleading. Make sure you actually try it out first to see if it matches your skin tone.