September 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jarhandastewart

I am so on the fence about this one. It is lovely but not that "beautiful" if you get what I'm trying to say. I think you should try it for yourself, I am not sure if this didn't say Chanel on the package if I would have even give it this high of a score, but Chanel rarely does wrong so maybe I'll give it another try with a primer, hopefully that will give it more staying power. Best wishes jarhanda stewart

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by molldoll177

I have normal skin. I bought the Lumiere Aqua because I felt that the Vitalumiere was a tad bit too dewy. At first it went on very nicely and I was pretty happy with the product. However after a few hours I felt like it kind of "set" into my skin and dried it out and made me look very washed out. I gave it 3 stars because the color matched perfectly with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by LMQ1

I use B40 (Mac NC35, L Miracle Buff 7W) and am new to Chanel. After 35 years I have found the silkiest, softest, and non-acnegenic foundation...ever. It feels like air and manages to still cover you with a light to med coverage. Apparently I have mild, post pregnancy rosecea on my nose and cheeks, but this covers it up well. Perfectly light for summer. I do however need a powder as the season change has upped the oil in my tzone. On advice given by the chanel salesperson I have started using Matte Lumiere pressed powder (B40) in these areas and this has helped tremendously. I look dewy but not oily. Maybe 1 blotting paper mid day?? That is certainly not a travesity on my part. Personally, I have not experienced any oxidation/color change that I am aware of and I do have a nasty habit of checking my makeup at least hourly (so vain, I know) but so far so good. If I had an unlimited amount of money I would convert to all their products just to try them, alas this is not the case. I hope to try out matte lumiere liquid for date nights in the future. Overall really happy with this. I just wish it had a pump spout and a glass bottle, but that is only bc I love my L Miracles' spouted glass bottle and have been spoiled by its efficiency and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by meleftie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

HG WORTHY!!! I'm another person who is a foundation junkie. I've tried it seems like dozens. I don't need foundation really for coverage, simply to even out my skin tone. I have a tad bit dry skin but overall quite "normal". I've been using MUFE HD and it is great however feels a bit heavy for summer so stopped at the Chanel counter to look at the color range. I met an incredibly sweet and helpful SA that didn't act in the least like a few at high end counters (if you're worthy of being helped). She matched me to the rose (BR50) which surprised me since most people put in in the "yellows". I'm an NC42 w/MAC and a 153 w/MUFE for reference. This blended smoothly, lasted for several hours, didn't oxidize, evened my skin tone out without looking like I had makeup on. The only cons is that it is a bit pricey and the bottle when you shake it does make a bit of a mess in the cap if you're not cautious. Overall I'm very pleased the pros by far out weigh the few cons for me so will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by yuyun1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

For reference, I'm NC35 and I got Vitalumiere Aqua in B40 (Beige Desert). I have one of the most sensitive skin out of anyone I know, almost any product breaks me out. I tried several foundations before this, including Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, which looked unnatural on me and broke me out insanely. So Chanel was my last bet, and to my surprise, Vitalumiere Aqua didn't break me out, and in fact on several occasions, my skin actually got better! So just based on this alone, I would make it a HG.
I also love that it's quick and easy to use with just your fingers, makes it such a breeze to put in on in the morning before I rush off to work. the light to medium coverage is perfect, and it feels really light and fresh on your skin. it looks and feels so natural that my boyfriend never even knew i had anything on!

there is one downside though, which is that it oxidizes throughout the day. it goes on a little too fair for my shade, becomes the correct shade mid-day, and then oxidizes to a little too dark for my shade. this really upset me, but then I solved it by using Chanel's loose powder in 40 Dore on top, and now the shade matches and lasts all day - I had it on almost 12 hours yesterday and everything still looked great! LOVE it - would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ngujen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received 3 samples of this and have used 2. I was really excited and had high hopes for this foundation however it failed. This applied like a dream, looked extremely smooth, flawless and gave of a natural dewy finish which I loved. However within a few hours of wear, even having powdered, this started to transfer onto everything. I noticed it tranferring onto my phone each time I went off it. Then it started to oxidide! I started to look colourless, ash greyish, which wasnt great seeing the foundation is already quite neutral toned and im more yellow. Then I noticed the next day I had breakouts. I thought I'd give it another try on a different week and it all did the same thing. For a high end foundation to do this I am pretty disappointed. Definately wont be using the 3rd sample...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kbella3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup junkie and have tried many, many MANY foundations, up to this point there has only been 2 others that I have repurchased, Dior Forever and Lancome Idole Ultra Enduringly Divine Comfort, but lately they just seem to matt and thick for everyday wear in the office, so I started a pursuit to find the perfect everyday light fresh makeup. I looked at the Lancome Miracle but found it too oily and it moved on my skin, next I tried Dior's Nude but am not a lover of mineral makeup so then I turned to the Chanel counter. I had read about this make up and was very keen to try it, they put some on me, I went home and thought yeah this is nice, I went back and bought it. Let me just say this is such a beautiful foundation that I actually look forward to putting it on every morning and feel it's a shame to remove it every night. It applies so easily and simply perfects your skin, I don't even need a primer with it, and the smell is just wonderful makes you feel so nice, throughout the day your skin is super soft and it has actually improved the condition of my skin, this has never broken me out and if I stray on the weekend to another foundation and have issues, I go back to this on Monday morning and by that night all is well again. Seriously this foundation will always be on my dresser, I don't mind paying for it. It has good staying powder, I simply do a very light dust of chanel powder down the t-zone and that's it. I personally love the bottle it comes in, mess free and you can tell how much is left due to how much you have to squeeze it. You do have to vigorously shake it before squeezing some out but that's not a drama, I only use a pea size to do my whole face. I could go on and on about this foundation, it's just....well........ PERFECT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by pocketheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail, HG.
I was debating about buying this foundation or Diorskin Nude, but after going to The Bay and sampling both, I decided to go with this one. They are both very similar to each other, but this one is a more lighter and easier to apply. (Diorskin Nude is more coverage though, would work great for winter) In the end, this came to $55 CDN, which is the same price as Tarte's Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer. All in all, I have to say this was definetly worth it! This gives an even luminious glow, as opposed to Smooth Operator, which has glitter bits in it that can be seen close up. It is water-based, and has skin-matching technology in it, so the beige rose pastel 10 matched my very fair skin with pink undertones perfectly. It evened out the more reddish areas of my skin (chin and parts of my cheek) perfectly, but some of my freckles still shine through. This is more of a sheer and somewhat buildable coverage, which is perfect for summer, and doesn't give that cakey "ihavemakeupon" look. Very natural. Expensive for the small bottle, but completely worth the price.
If you're still wary about buying due to costs, try going to The Bay (Canada) and asking them to sample it on you to see if you like it first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Kmwinn7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a mixed review for this product. PROS: It has an awesome, even coverage. It is literally like a second layer of perfect skin, which is way worth the cost to me. CONS: It smells like sunscreen so bad, it doesn't last all day without a primer and powder. And when you shake the container it gets all messy in the lid. But, like I said, the way it makes my skin look is worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by laurajones

Lovely foundation. I didnt think i could ever like anything better than all of my MAC foundations...but this beat it. Flawless and even coverage...makes the price tag worth it.