MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 1/20/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation was very heavy, i had to mix it with a moisturizer and it still didn't blend very well. It tended to look cakey and the color was not quite complementary to my skin tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really liked the staying power and the look of this foundation, but unfortunately the shades are much too dark. I'm very fair, but the NC15 of this was dark orange-y yellow against my neck, even when I blended well. Very odd. I wish I could be able to find a good color match, because this foundation's formula is great! :(

on 1/19/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Absolutely marvelous! Best long wearing foundation they have invented yet. The color does not pull an extreme yellow tone, it can hardly be felt on the skin like studio fix fluid can and it lasts all day. I am so impressed! I use shade NC42. Would I buy this foundation again? Most definitely.

on 1/19/2011 7:22:00 AM

I went into the MAC store intending to buy a compact foundation to add to my collection, instead I walked out with this. Turns out a compact, as much as I would like one for ease of travel, is not compatible with my skin or my skin concerns - oily t-zone/combination skin, acne scar cover, long-wearing. The MAC Pro Longwear foundation takes care of all three concerns.
My skin can be warm and cool, but a quick foundation colour check with the MA and I decided I'm NW25 in this product.
As with most MAC foundations, I find they can be a little "orange", however this didn't seem to change on me when it settled on my skin. I use a duo-fibre brush to apply it for an airbrushed look.
I start work very early (430am) and usually by 10am my makeup is all but gone, despite using primer and powder to set it. The Pro Longwear does what it says on the tin and really does last.

My only complaint is this dries to a matte finish, and I like that dewy look. So, I have two foundations I switch between; this one and Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation in 5.5.

I think MAC have finally figured out their foundation formula and are onto a winner here.

on 1/18/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I've been using MAC for many years and yet I haven't been able to find my HG foundation. I"m normally an NC with MAC but with this foundation i was matched to NW, but it still doesn't look perfect on my skin, you can tell there is a pink tinge on my face. I also noticed that it doesnt look perfect as the day has gone through, maybe 4 hours in.
One day i will find my HG foundation, just gotta keep trying :)

on 1/18/2011 2:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this in nc35 and I LOVE it!! It stays ALL DAY, and running around around after 4 kids, going to the gym, it stayed so nice! I'm a foundation junkie always looking for something better- I always go back to MAC... But I'm never 100% satisfied. I only had a sample, and was able to use it 4 times, so I can't promise I would still love love it, but I am for sure going to buy it, and the concelear to go with.

on 1/17/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this product because it literally lasts all day and dries matte. The color is a little more yellow based than their studio fix foundations. However, I dont recommend it for dry skin since it dries very very matte. Although it has wonderful lasting powder, it doesnt appear very natural. It can look cakey if skin isnt properly primed or moisturized.

on 1/16/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I bought the Pro Longwear Foundation with SPF 10 the other day and I am IN LOVE. I bought it to replace my NARS Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte foundations because those would just not blend or look nice. I have the Pro Longwear foundation in NC20. This foundation is very blendable and is about a medium coverage. I have some acne marks that won't fade and while this foundation won't completely cover them, it will made them way less noticeable. I would suggest applying this foundation with either a foundation brush or a stippling brush to get that flawless finish. I personally use a stippling brush. (Crown Brush C406) This foundation does control oil and gives a natural, dewy, but not oily finish. It is very flattering. Also, this foundation bottle has a built-in pump! I would definitely buy this again and again because I have not found a foundation that looks better than this one while leaving my skin looking natural and like my own skin. I love it! :)

on 1/16/2011 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't like this foundation. I wish I would, but I don't. The colour is great for my face. I have a little tan and I usually get a brownish/reddish tan instead of a yellow tan. However my hands get pale very quickly and so does my face (yellowish undertones). I went to the mac counter to get the SFF, however the MA recommended this one instead of the SFF. The SFF would be too yellow for me and the Pro Longwear has less yellow pigments in it. I was matched NC25. IT is a decent match (I think NC30 would be better). The MA applied it on me with a foundation brush and it looked good. So I got a bottle of it. However at home, I cannot apply the foundation naturally. It is like a stain and the coverage is more likely to be sheer instead of medium (buildable). When I apply it lightly, I get patches everywhere, even when I have moisturised my skin very well. I probably apply 10(!) pumps to get full coverage. I have moderate rosacea and the redness in my face isn't too bad. However whenever I use a few pumps (like I always do with all the foundation), I can still see the redness in my face clearly. I stopped using this foundation a while ago and decided to try again today. Big mistake! It looked so cakey and unnatural (I did cover the redness though). My skin looked very good from a distance, however when taking a look closer, you could see the foundation had sank into my pores (I don't have large pores). I wanted to wash my face asap but I was at work. So I was aware of my skin/foundation all day long and that wasn't a nice feeling... Nope.. This is not a winner for me. Estee Lauder's Double Wear is much better.. Would not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I've had a lot of foundations to try and this one is the winner .. definitely. It wears all day long without feeling heavy, you actually don't even notice that you're wearing foundation. I recommended this to my mom and a good friend of mine and both of them are loving it, too!:)

Video Reviews & Tutorials