Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using this cream while I was on Accutane and I'll never switch. It's very moisturizing and extremely versatile. I use it everywhere: hands, body, face and neck. So moisturizing, and it keeps skin moist for days! It calms eczema and rashes and won't clog pores or cause break outs. It's fantastic!

on 3/27/2009 3:30:00 AM

The only downside of this product is that it can cause breakouts, but I use it with Differin, which I think helps keeps the bumps at bay (I keep a lighter lotion on hand for when it might be a little too rich). I love how soothing and hydrating it is for my skin. My derm recommended it and I haven't found anything else better yet.

on 3/26/2009 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I use all over my body (except my face) as soon as I get out of the shower while my skin is still damp. I might prefer CeraVe cream over this - I am not sure yet.

on 3/22/2009 10:21:00 PM

Really is quite good. I can't use it every day, because I break out (though I've been experimenting using it over/under various acne products), but I definitely use it 3-4x a week. Makes me soft, not too shiny. Pretty super.

on 3/22/2009 9:29:00 PM

awful. had a chemical peel and my skin afterwards was sensitive so i had to use this as a recommendation from the derm for a few weeks after. was fine while my skin was peeling but after it was all done it was AWFUL. my skin broke out in giant giant painful pimples and have red dry patches on my face. upsetting so many had success with this. chemical peel for nothing now i have to get another one

on 3/21/2009 12:59:00 PM

This is my HG moisturizer. My skin was ridiculously dry before using this product, and nothing seemed to heal it. After the first day of using this stuff, my skin wasn't dry or flaky anymore. This product is very thick, and I only need a little bit to cover my whole face. The huge tub will last me for a very long time, making the price perfect for my wallet. No redness, no irritation - just smooth, silky skin for a great price. I think it goes without saying that I will buy this again.

on 3/19/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I might have hated the Cetaphil cleanser with a passion, but this moisturizer is a HG! Whenever I need something heavy duty to get rid of dry patches, this does it for me without any delay. It does leave behind a sticky and thick feeling, but I won't complain since it doesn't clog up my sensitive acne-prone skin. This is a life saver whenever I apply MUFE'S HD or F&B foundations. These two foundations stick on to dry patches and accentuate them to the point of no return, so my solution is simple: slab cetaphil all over my face, wait 1 minute, apply foundation. The result: luminous, clear, soft skin! I bought the huge tub and decant a little at a time into a separate jar for everyday use (there's no way I'm digging my fingers into that tub and getting it contaminated!) Will repurchase if I ever run out though.

on 3/12/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

When my skin is at its driest and flakiest, this product is a godsend. It really moisturizes and for the most part, my very sensitive rosacea skin tolerates it quite well. However, over an extended period of use, small white bumps start to crop up on my face. I've since discovered that my skin is actually dry on top, but slightly oily underneath and definitely prone to breakouts. This cream unfortunately aggravates the breakouts on my face, so I use it only sparingly if at all.
My hands absolutely love the cream, though! On my eczema-prone hands, It is very soothing and dries to a soft, slightly slippery but not greasy, feeling. I'm definitely keeping one of these jars on hand, especially for the winter.

on 3/9/2009 9:25:00 AM

I wanted a heavy duty, not greasy moisturizer for my winter dry face. I decided to give this a try and have been very pleased. The cream absorbs instantly and leaves my face soft and moisturized. I've tried the Cetaphil lotion as well but was very disappointed. It left my skin greasy and irritated. Just the opposite of what I would have expected. The cream is definitely a keeper for the dry winter months.

on 3/5/2009 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I didn't want to try or like this product. But my face was soooo dry and flaky, even aquaphor and such wasn't working. I needed something to hydrate, yet not clog my pores. Something simple. I heard many raves about Cetaphil, so I went to CVS and got the smallest bottle to give it a try. Day 2 of my red, flaking, dry face...Cetaphil has completely moisturized it! My face feels less ashy and hydrated, and so far no clogged pores. I'm going to keep putting this stuff on until my face is back to normal. And will update......

Ok update: Face has completely went back to normal. No more dryness. I continue to use Cetaphil anyway and it keeps it hydrated but not oily. YAY!