January 27, 2015 | 2056 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by SweetToothedAnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely a must for dry winter skin!
I slather this on at night and in the morning my skin looks so much better, I also use a TINY bit on my skin before makeup. it might make my skin a little greasy but nothing a little powder can't fix.
This is HG forever! (btw this is in a 16oz jar no smell or anything)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

I have VERY dry skin and I get flaky, scaly, itchy, patches on my neck, eyelids, around my nose, mouth, chin, ears chest, lower legs, arms, and hands. I'm a disaster. I've tried so many things including straight up oil (avocado oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil). One thing did work pretty well, Theraplex, but it's expensive and you can only get online. So I recently started using generic Renova (Retin-A) and my face is FREAKING OUT!!! Dry, peeling, red, my under eye skin is flaking away and swollen and sensitive. (btw: I use SPF everyday.) Anyway I read the reviews on this creme and went straight to CVS. I bought in tube form, not the jar. AND... WOW - my skin on my face has calmed down so much, still semi flaky and peeling but that's to be expected for the first 3 months on Renova. But it feels so much better. I put it all over me the next day and holy shit, for the first time ever my neck wasn't white and scaly and nothing itches!!! So now I'm using 3 drops of jojoba oil in the Cetaphil creme for my face and neck, Burt's Bees Repairing serum under my eyes and then just the creme eveery morning and nighte on every inch of the rest of my body. HG Forever. LOVE. Cheap, simple, magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lathibad

I started using Cetaphil Cream because my skin was so dry from benzoyl peroxide treatments. I have since stopped using benzoyl peroxide and have found that this cream is just too heavy for me. My skin leans towards the oily side and I feel like this cream just sits on top of my face, never fully sinking in. Also, it didn't seem to provide the level of moisture I would have hoped for especially considering how heavy it is. I believe this would work best as a body lotion and intend to start using it as such.

This cream did have good qualities though. It is cheap as you get a huge amount for ten dollars. Furthermore, although it had oil in it and was so heavy, it did not break me out. This more than anything surprised me as I am quite break out prone, especially with new products. I have since moved on to Eucerin Q10 sensitive skin cream, and have already noticed an increase in moisture level. Plus, Eucerin's cream has the extra benefit of co-enzyme Q10, a proven wrinkle fighter. At my age, I would rather use a cream with some anti-aging properties in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know how I ever survived without this!!!
My skin has become soft and smooth and hydrated, and the results last. I prefer this over Shiseido's $62 body cream.
I love the creaminess of this and that it is fragrance-free, and won't clog pores.
I will buy this as long as they continue to make it. This may be the best product on this board. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the one in the tub and I like that because I can control how much product I get.

This cream is kind of a do-everything for me. I use it for under eye cream, night cream, eye makeup remover, body lotion... It's great.

And it is kind of thick but it doesn't seem to clog my pores or anything. I don't use it regularly for a night cream though.

This tub has lasted me forever too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i can't even tell u how important this product is to me. the second the weather gets cold enough to need to turn on a furnace, my skin goes insane!!! i have mild acne. the heat from the furnace makes my face PAINFULLY dry. i can't tell u how painful it feels on my cheeks. it was so bad before i found this cream that i couldn't use any powder products on my face (powder or blush) in the winter. i was terrified to try this because i have acne. creams are heavy and can break you out. thank the good lord, i haven't broken out at all. this is the THIRD fall/winter since discovery this and its a Godsend. fall has only just begun and last week i had to break this out since the heat has been turned on during the night. love love love this. i've tried heavier night creams by olay, neutrogena, estee lauder, clinique, etc etc. this is the ONLY one that soothes my dry skin. plus u can't beat this price! i got mine at Sams Club in a bigger tub than the drug store offers. the only thing i will caution is that it does not sink in. it can leave skin looking greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kittison

I have used this cream in the winter ever since I used Accutane 5 years ago and my skin became so much drier. It's the only product I've found that keeps my skin comfortable and not dry or tight all day, but this comes with a price - breakouts and bumps. I had a suspicion that this cream was causing the strange itchy bumps I was getting on the side of my face, and sure enough, when I stopped using it, the bumps went away. I've also had a lot fewer breakouts since I switched, and my pores, especially on my nose are a lot less clogged and less noticable. Might work better for someone without acne-prone skin? Makes me sad, since the moisturizing part was so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Nelly1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this moisturizing cream..
I used cetaphil for 8 months already n now I feel my skin very smooth!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this cream. Wayyyy better than the cetaphil lotion. I hated the lotion and i decided to give the cream a try on a whim. The texture is soft and smooth and i do not have a greasy feeling. Infact i use this on my facial cheeks after i put my moisturizer on and it does not make me break out. Also calms the redness down. Costco usually has the cream on sale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from my derm office and I wanted to find a new lotion because my derm hates me using Jergens Ultra Healing lotion on my face. Since this is 'cream', I probably should have used something else, but this is just way too oily. I have very oily skin, but my skin is very dry around my mouth and will flake and peel without a heavy duty lotion. However, I couldn't get passed how greasy this makes me feel, so when my face starts getting oily ANDDD it's already oily from this lotion ? UGHHH.