August 22, 2014 | 1786 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by batbunney

I've been using this moisturizer for years. It puts enough moisture without being too greasey and without clogging my pores. It's great for sensative skin and doesn't irritate me at all. It is a tad bit expensive though around $10, but it comes with ALOT of product and it takes a LONG time to use it all. It is definately worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I bought Equate's version of this, and this knock-off brand typically does a pretty good job of imitating more expensive brands...so I will assume that the two similar. Excellent winter body cream....I use it when I step out the shower and the moisturizing quality can't be beat. In addition, I LOVE the smell. It has that same kind of scent Aveeno does-I don't know what it is, exactly, but I love it. Will repurchase when I run out. UPDATE: My facial skin has been crying out for moisture. I rarely have any moisturizer on hand that is suitable for the face that won't either break me out or irritate my skin. So I picked up a small tube of Cetaphil. Breakout city! I haven't had this many zits since my acne-ridden teens and I'm still suffering the effects. Horrible for the face! Subtracting two lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ekim413

I began using this cream when my face type was very dry. Nearly a year after using this cream on my face daily I had several SA's diagnose my skin as oily. I wondered what could have provoked such a drastic turn. With their help and expertise we narrowed down the cause: this product. While it effectively treated my very dry skin it proved to be too much as a daily treatment for my now normal skin, resulting in oiliness. I have since switched to an oil-free moisturizing lotion for my face. In conclusion this cream should only be used on the body or as a treatment for a very dry face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mxgirl2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got a huge tub of this at costco for around 10 dollars...i'm taking accutane right now and this stuff has been great with dealing with the extreme dry skin that is a side effect of the treatment...its great for the body, and very effective as a night cream for an extremely dry face...overall a great purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

At the beginning of the fall this year, my skin started getting overly dry. I happened to be at CVS looking around at the higher end facial moisturizers, feeling confused about what to get...when I spotted the Cetaphil lotion and cream as I walked away. I'd been having some success with Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser, so I figured it would be worth taking the chance. Since I wanted something more emollient than a lotion (as I already use a very nice Mario Badescu lotion with SPF) I picked up the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the smaller-sized tube rather than the tub.

My skin type is combination - oily T-zone with dryness elsewhere and a tendency to break out on my chin. I've now been using the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for over a month, initially just at night after cleansing and toning. But it is doing such a nice job on my skin, I have started using it in the morning as well. The cream is rich and thick, and super-emollient. After I wash and tone, I apply about a dime-nickel sized drop of the cream to my face. It spreads and absorbs wonderfully and my skin is immediately silky-smooth. I honestly love this stuff, and was pleasantly surprised by how mild such a rich cream can be. I've not had even a hint of a blemish come forth in the several weeks I've been using this. I will likely buy the big tub at Costco so I can use it as a body cream as well.

The ingredients are Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol. Dermatologists recommend it for people with eczema and psoriasis, so it is very gentle.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A heavier cream that works well. I do get some small breakouts on my face if I use it everyday, but it gets rid of dry skin on my face and body after applying 3 times in one day and keeps it away with only one application a day or two. I love that it does not have a fragrance and soaks in immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I can't believe I've never tried this before. I had a flaky patch on my leg, put some cream on it and the next day is was silky smooth! I love how this disappears right into your skin. Not greasy at all. Although I'm used to buying cheaper body lotion, $12 isn't going to break the bank and I'll definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by midorisour

I gave this a try since it's one of those products that are always highly raved by dermatologists and users. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I wish it did though cuz it's cheap and you don't need to use that much product. It is greasy, doesn't sink into the skin. Just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, especially along my cheeks and nose and this is the best moisturizer I've tried so far and I've tried many. I put some on my face in the morning after cleansing and it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day, and after cleansing at night I put some on my face and body before going to bed. It's unscented which I LOVE, and hasn't caused any breakouts. It costs $13-$14 for a 16 oz. jar (wait for the sales and you can get it for $7 or less!) but a jar of this lasts forever (it's been over a year and I still haven't hit bottom). The only negative thing is that it doesn't fully absorb into the skin, and leaves a slightly sticky feeling on my face which can be annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kenka

this is definitely a product made for the body NOT THE FACE, I started using it and it does leave a smooth sensation on your skin but it is way too greasy, or maybe it does not absorb completely, I never felt like it did. It stays on the suface of your skin. Anyway this my experience, now I use it for what it really is a body cream,,