Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 1/23/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first gel eyeliner. Purchasing this eyeliner was driven to me by the reviews before me and it turned out really great on me!

First, the packaging. I admit that I really am not impressed with the packaging itself because of the metal cap. The packaging is of a thick glass with the i think its an aluminum cap. The cap is thin and its like prone to damage and cannot protect the heat and moist to the product. So it really is best to store the product at room temperature.

Second, the brush. The brush is good and can pick up the amount of product desired. As for me, I was able to control the product with the brush alone. I could also create a thin shape for my eyeliner, and it is also great in lining your waterline and/or lash line as compared to other eyeliner brushes like the pointed ones and the angled ones. The brush can shape your eyeliner very well and to shaping it into a cat eye which the ones I frequently do with my eyes. For starters, you really need to need a lot of practice when using this brush so it is best that beginners could start off with a bent pointed eyeliner brush.

Third, the product itself. I must say this really is an eyeliner! It glides on smoothly to your eyelids; no smudging, waterproof, and most of all, it lasts almost all day! It doesn't irritate my eyes as well. I purchased mine in black, however the black could have been more blacker or more pigmented than it is. This isn't the best creme eyeliner yet but so far, I find it really great. Note that I have asian / hooded eyes and this eyeliner makes my eyes open and I get a lot of compliments when I use this for a cat eye.. Since I have this hooded eyes and really oily eyelids, it doesn't smudge at all as compared to the previous liners I used (liquid liners actually) which were really messy, flaky and smudge to my upper lids and it looks ridiculous . It dries quickly too so you wouldn't have to worry about opening your eyelids at once after applying it.It is also easy to remove with soap and water but I prefer to be using the maybelline makeup remover too if you want to wash it away from your eyes very well. I am definitely going to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I find this gel liner comparable to mac's fluidline in "blacktrack" at half the price. Glides on smooth and sets pretty quickly. I always set my gel liners with a black eyeshadow. This product comes with a brush, which is pretty useless because its so flimsy so I use my own brush. Def would repurchase once I run out

on 1/22/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this eyeliner! I got it on sale too and it came with the perfect, good quality eyeliner brush that I can actually use.
This was my first gel eyeliner and I can say that it is definitely replaced my liquid eyeliner I used to use everyday.
It is smooth and creamy and very easy to apply.
The colour is rich and dark and it does not smudge on me.
I have very oily monolids, so I need something that will stay in place and not fade throughout the day. I do not touch up during the day, as I do not have any time for it. This stayed put and did not smudge
It is perfect for the price point and delivers what it claims. I was skeptical at first but now I can confidently say that I will re-purchase this product. Great quality!
It is also easy to wash off with just soap and water! No need to rub on your eyes like the Wet n' Wild cream eyeliner. I prefer this one!

on 1/22/2012 3:08:00 AM

This smudges on me! I wish it didn't. The price point is excellent. Glad it works for some....unfortunately, I tried it both above my lashes and in my waterline...both smudged, I also tried applying abit of eyeshadow over it. Didn't work...too bad!

on 1/20/2012 11:52:00 PM

I can't believe it's taken me this long to review a HG product. I purchased this back in September, and I've been smitten ever since.

This is the most creamy, smooth eyeliner I've ever come across (the texture reminds me of Vegimite for my fellow Aussies out there). The colour is as black as black can possibly be. The wear time is INCREDIBLE.

My only gripes about this? 1. It's nearly impossible to remove and 2. The brush it comes with is pathetic, so I use one of my MAC brushes. Other than that? It's perfect. Perfect for dramatic cat eyes, perfect for subtle tightlining, perfect for the waterline, perfect for smokey eyes (if you smudge quickly enough)... simply PERFECT. Buy it. You can't go wrong for this price. I hope it doesn't get discontinued!

on 1/20/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yeah, I guess this product was OK. I don't know why everyone loves this product so much, it's just OK. It's really easy to put on, I'll give it that, but after a while, it starts to smear.
However, I WOULD re purchase.

on 1/18/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite eye liner! I've tried several different brands and types of eye liner but I keep wanting to come back to this one. Works very well, only thing is you have to remember to clean the brush often or it clumps up. It also lasts forever! Love it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I like this! Its a very nice gel liner and the brush it comes with is great. Much easier to use than other liner brushes I have tried in the past. I recommend this but I wouldn't repurchase just to try others out.

on 1/16/2012 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

this gel eyeliner has awesome staying power and is way easier to apply than liquid or pencil. comes with a handy brush, the container is small but it lasts sooo long :)! love!

on 1/15/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyeliner! I had this on for almost 24 hours, and still looks nice! brush is neat as well, I have this in black and brown, I have tons of pencil and liquid eyeliner but nothing beats the staying power of gel liner, especially this one, i used to love revlon colorstay eyeliners but since I found this one I'll definitely do the switch

Video Reviews & Tutorials