July 31, 2014 | 1713 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this in the shade 951 Espresso, the pigment is a nice deep brown and the formula glided easily with my angled brush. The liner does fade slightly when it's hot/humid, but otherwise it lasts a while in better weather and rain. I might consider getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am officially a convert to gel eyeliner. Lining my upper lid with pencil is usually difficult for me because I always poke myself in the eye and I hate turning it on its side. Using this with the ecotools angled eyeliner brush was very simple and clean looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by VampirePrincess320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Long lasting since it is water-proof and smudge-proof. It will last on your lash line and waterline forever. I know sleeping with your makeup on is bad, but I had the gel liner on my top lash line one night, and I completely forgot about it, so I slept with it on. The next morning, it was still on there. I was amazed!
- Variety of colors - like Blackest Black, Charcoal (which I own), Brown, and Eggplant
- Includes a brush which is good
- Theirs a good amount of product in the container. I've had mine since February-March and I still have a lot left. But I do admit, I haven't used a lot lately because I like to switch up on my eyeliners from time to time, but now I'm back on using it :)
- Variety of ways to use it. You could use it on your top lash line and on your waterline. I do both sometimes. And a lot of people and makeup companies say you can't use gel liners on your water line since their water-proof, but to be honest, I think it's perfectly fine, because nothing happens to your eye. I know lots of people that use it on their water line, and it works well on them. In fact, their better than some pencil liners since their waterproof and they last longer. I've noticed a difference
- Nice packaging

Cons:
- Kind of expensive, but not that much. I bought mine at Walmart for $8.
- You could sometimes get more product than needed on the brush, but you could easily swipe off some excess in the insides of the container. That's what I do :)

I know other brands of makeup have their own gel liners like L'Oreal, Elf, MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc. but I would definitely recommend to try the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. You will not be disappointed! (At least I hope not) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by funluvinmum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Forrest and Sapphire-I really like them! They are easy to apply, glide on smooth with no tugging. They don't budge on me or irritate my eyes. I can get a very dark and defined line with these. The brush that comes with it works well, a bent liner or flat angled brush work better, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

Great brush. But the week I was wearing this eyeliner, someone asked why I was always rubbing my eyes, and I realized it was because of this. To test, I stopped using this for a while. Then on the days I used this, my eyes would itch a lot, and get irritated It must be the flaking. Applied on the upper lash line in the morning, it transfers to my bottom lashes by noon. It also does not last on the waterline. I've just been using it to touch up the ends of my eyebrows instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I bought this a while back because my wnw gel liner ran out and I wanted to try something new, I'm honestly disappointed in it. It looks like such a rich black in the pot and its not I need to add 2 layers for it to be as black as I want it to be. It doesn't smudge and it is waterproof (I ran to my car in the pouring rain and my liner and mascara stayed put) I just really wish it was darker once this runs out I'm going back to wnw. I also bought this is the sapphire shade and I just love it so for that I bummed up the points. as dark as the sapphire shade is (it's like a navy color) you can tell it's a blue shade even on my brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kierkieramazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is definately an HG product for me! I have tried it all, Mac Fluidlines, Stila Smudge Pots, and Tarte Eyeliners. I love them all but they all run $18 at the least. The Maybelline Gel Liner is only around $10 and it works just as well. The Quality of the brush is okay but i prefer to use my Sigma E65 simply because it give a more precise line. The liner is pigmented like crazy and has great staying power. If your looking for a more affordable gel liner this is the one to get.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

The formula of this isn't as soft and smooth as MAC Fluidline, and the end result is just the same as a soft pencil liner. Staying power is incredible, but only along the lash line. The formula is dry so when I made a little cat/winged end, it only lasted about 3 hours before it faded and looked smudged. I like the brush, but I'll use it with softer fluid/gel liners. Because of the time it takes to use the pot and brush I'd prefer a pencil liner for this softer smudged out look it can give, or just a real liquid liner for the precise liquid look it can give.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always hated Maybelline. With exception of their mousse-based products, everything - everything - dissapointed. However, i figured, what can go wrong with gel? And more importantly, it is CHEAP. I am on a budget and the choices were maybelline and smashbox. there was more content in the maybelling jar and it was much cheaper.

Ever since i was old enough to wear make-up i've always wet a brush and applied black eyeshadow as if it were liquid liner to get the 50's 'flick' . This has the same lovely effect, but without the smudging, and it's just so much more practical to travel with.

Pros:
Fantastic brush
A little goes a long way
DOESN'T crack or smudge
Not scented

Cons: Extremely waterproof! Leaves a grey stain when you remove it. Needs at least 2 scrubs to remove. I always use oil. Doesn't even come off in the swimming pool.

My only advice is to close the jar tightly so the gel doesnt dry and to wash the brush frequenty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shaeli

very easy to apply and long-lasting. no noticeable smudging even after several hours. love this product!