Okay, so this is one of my favorite eyeliners. When I want a line that's less harsh, I go for this, and when I want a more precise line, I use Maybelline Line Stiletto. I have this in the black shade, espresso, and eggplant. The staying power is fantastic, which is also why I only gave it four stars; even with eye makeup remover, it's a pain in the butt to get off! But still, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a gel liner, it is definitely one of if not the best gel liner out there!
This gel liner could be much better, it quickly smeared on me without eyeshadow or primer. With shadow on top it smeared less, still, a gel liner is supposed to be more budge-proof than this. I got the dark green shade, which is a subtle color that works well with brown eyes.. Liked the brush in the package, which needs to be wiped down daily and preferably washed.
Not perfect, but definitely worth the money. Lasts all day, and is very creamy. Brush is perfect and makes drawing cat eyes a breeze. My only two gripes, is by the end off the day I notice a slight line in my crease. Also, it is not as pigmented as it could be. I have to layer it a few times before it is intense black. But other than that, this was a great buy. I prefer this over the Wet 'N Wild creme liner.
Awesome!!! i only use gel liner for my waterline and this stuff lasts ALL DAY for me! i use the blackest black color and its very pigmented. Ive always bought the Stila Smudge Pots, but right now im on a tight budget so i decided to give this one a try because of the raves i see. And boyy, i wish ive always bought this one instead of the stila one! I depeneded on Stila Smudge Pots for the past year and half. But the Maybelline Long Lasting gel liner lasts WAY longer. I totally love how it includes a nice brush with it as well....definately repurchasing again! woohoo
I purchased this in the shade 951 Espresso, the pigment is a nice deep brown and the formula glided easily with my angled brush. The liner does fade slightly when it's hot/humid, but otherwise it lasts a while in better weather and rain. I might consider getting it again.
I am officially a convert to gel eyeliner. Lining my upper lid with pencil is usually difficult for me because I always poke myself in the eye and I hate turning it on its side. Using this with the ecotools angled eyeliner brush was very simple and clean looking.
- Long lasting since it is water-proof and smudge-proof. It will last on your lash line and waterline forever. I know sleeping with your makeup on is bad, but I had the gel liner on my top lash line one night, and I completely forgot about it, so I slept with it on. The next morning, it was still on there. I was amazed!
- Variety of colors - like Blackest Black, Charcoal (which I own), Brown, and Eggplant
- Includes a brush which is good
- Theirs a good amount of product in the container. I've had mine since February-March and I still have a lot left. But I do admit, I haven't used a lot lately because I like to switch up on my eyeliners from time to time, but now I'm back on using it :)
- Variety of ways to use it. You could use it on your top lash line and on your waterline. I do both sometimes. And a lot of people and makeup companies say you can't use gel liners on your water line since their water-proof, but to be honest, I think it's perfectly fine, because nothing happens to your eye. I know lots of people that use it on their water line, and it works well on them. In fact, their better than some pencil liners since their waterproof and they last longer. I've noticed a difference
- Nice packaging
- Kind of expensive, but not that much. I bought mine at Walmart for $8.
- You could sometimes get more product than needed on the brush, but you could easily swipe off some excess in the insides of the container. That's what I do :)
I know other brands of makeup have their own gel liners like L'Oreal, Elf, MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc. but I would definitely recommend to try the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. You will not be disappointed! (At least I hope not) :)
I have this in Forrest and Sapphire-I really like them! They are easy to apply, glide on smooth with no tugging. They don't budge on me or irritate my eyes. I can get a very dark and defined line with these. The brush that comes with it works well, a bent liner or flat angled brush work better, though.
Great brush. But the week I was wearing this eyeliner, someone asked why I was always rubbing my eyes, and I realized it was because of this. To test, I stopped using this for a while. Then on the days I used this, my eyes would itch a lot, and get irritated It must be the flaking. Applied on the upper lash line in the morning, it transfers to my bottom lashes by noon. It also does not last on the waterline. I've just been using it to touch up the ends of my eyebrows instead.
I bought this a while back because my wnw gel liner ran out and I wanted to try something new, I'm honestly disappointed in it. It looks like such a rich black in the pot and its not I need to add 2 layers for it to be as black as I want it to be. It doesn't smudge and it is waterproof (I ran to my car in the pouring rain and my liner and mascara stayed put) I just really wish it was darker once this runs out I'm going back to wnw. I also bought this is the sapphire shade and I just love it so for that I bummed up the points. as dark as the sapphire shade is (it's like a navy color) you can tell it's a blue shade even on my brown eyes.