September 1, 2014 | 2020 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I think I may have FINALLY found my HG foundation- seriously! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF! Where to start.. first off, I was hesitant to even buy it because I have oily, acne prone skin.. I have always used foundations that have a matte finish and are long-wearing (mat velvet+, ELDW, Teint Idole).. but I have been unhappy with the heavy coverage look and wanted something a little more natural. My first instinct was MUFE HD, which I loved because of the perfect color match but quickly returned because of how oily it made my skin look. I decided to sample sheer glow because all of the beauty blogs I read swear by it.. and even though I typically would never buy a foundation with the words "sheer" or "glow", i decided to give it a try.. and boy am I glad I did. I love the coverage... it is not sheer by any means, i would describe it more as medium-buildable. the finish also is not a "glow" on me.. it is more of a natural finish, the way that my skin looks right after i wash my face..very clean looking. I did have to blot my face a few times during the day (I think I often do this out of habit), but not half as much oil was absorbed as typically is when I used to use ELDW and Teint Idole.. the foundation also looks gorgeous in natural light and in indoor lighting, I was matched to Stromboli (similar to MUFE HD 153).. , but went back and purchased Barcelona.. both look great on me, but Barcelona is a better match because I know I will be tanning progressively.
Oily girls, please don't be scared to try it because it is called sheer GLOW, it will make your skin look amazing if you just give it a try! The ONLY reason I give 4/5 lippies is because of the price ($42) and because there is no pump (it can be purchased on the Nars website for an additional $5 or $6). Quality wise I give it 5/5- hands down

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by rominey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Tried this product in Siberia - desperate to find a shade match for my super PPP skin. Unfortunately, my skin is semi-oily and acne prone, and this caused big time acne problems for me which I noticed about a week in to using it.

Was difficult to apply at first, but got easier with practice.

Packaging is lovely (if that matters to you). I'm an advocate for pumps on all foundation bottles, personally, as it prevents bacteria from entering, but, c'est la vie. It was still a beautiful bottle.

Didn't wear as long as I'd hoped it would. Wore off around my nose at about hour 2.5. That's too soon in my opinion. I didn't like the overall finish/appearance after wearing a few hours. Seemed to wear off all over by hour 5 (and I am rigid about not touching my acne-prone face, it just promotes the spread of bacteria). I don't know where the heck all that foundation went, but it didn't look so hot at the end of the day. I find BB foundation to be much longer-lasting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation reminds me very much of Giorgio Armani's 'Luminious Silk' without the luminious effect. When I put this on it makes my face feel tight. Its just a very regular foundation and not one of the best ones. I was expecting good things from this product because of its popularity, but I just ended-up feeling very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by JasmineLynette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it doesnt come with a pump but you can buy one for it for 4 bucks more, not too shiny nice "sheer glow' i loved it

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by falling_stars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm utterly devastated to have to give this review but I've never had to return a makeup product in my life (and believe me I've bought PLENTY!) until now. After prescriptives was discontinued I've been searching for a replacement foundation for my HG flawless skin - I should've gone straight back to Stila which has always worked well for me but I was curious to see if I could do better. I own plenty of NARS products and had read really good reviews of the Sheer Glow so I thought I'd try it - my skin has been REALLY sensitive lately and reacting to alot of things but overall it looked pretty good - even tone with not too many breakouts. The salesperson matched me to Mont Blanc and I left $99 AUD lighter but with high hopes...which were immediately shattered! After the first application on top of my NARS primer my skin almost immediately became really oily - I have combo skin but I've never seen anything make it this bad so I gave it a few days before trying again - this time with NARS powder on top, again the same reaction - OILY! So I left it a week before trying it again and this time it left horrible dry patches all over my face and turned oily everywhere else - the next day I had red bumps all over my face - almost like an allergic reaction - I've had to see my doctor and strip my entire skincare and makeup routine back to basics :( I also found the application really tricky - the foundation was really hard to get out of the bottle and it didn't apply smoothly...thankfully the gorgeous girls at Mecca were happy to swap the NARS for my old faithful Stila Illuminating - I'm now going to live by the rule 'if it aint broke don't fix it' when it comes to my beauty products!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I know Nars' foundations are meant to work best applied with your fingers, but it looks horrible when I apply this way. I use a stippling brush and it really does look flawless. You get light to medium coverage.
The thing I found strange was the big gaps in the shades. I understand that they're all made for different undertones, but there seems to be shades missing. Just my opinion.
If you have oily skin, you probably shouldn't reach for this on a day you know you'll be out longer than 6 or 7 hours. Your skin type shouldn't stop you from trying this wonderful foundation, though. With a primer and a good setting powder, you can rock a glowing, flawless face for a date or night out with friends.

I took off a lippie because this foundation tends to turn my face greasy after a while, but take that with a grain of salt as I have combo skin.
Enjoy!

Edit: Last time I bought this, I was going through an acne phase and didn't make the connection.. but now that my skin has cleared up and I'm using this again, I can definitely say it breaks me out in my problem areas, like in between my brows. Not clogged pores either, but painful cysts. I might keep it around for special occasions, but unfortunately I can't make it my everyday foundation. Down to 3 lippies :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by evien

My HG foundation. I have been bouncing back and forth between foundations for the last 5 years, never being able to find one that is a great match or agrees with my skin...until now. I used to wear TLC Minerals pressed powder. I still think it's the best powder foundation I've used, and will continue to be part of my kit but my skins needs have changed as I approach my mid-thirties.I have tried Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Temptu Air Brush, Estee Lauder,Guerlain, MAC, Clarins, Ben Nye, Graftobian Glamour Creme (Iknow you're not supposed to wear this stuff every day, but I was desparate) and various drug store brands. This is the first liquid foundation I have tried that doesn't break me out, dry me out, and the colour looks beautiful on my skin. My pores seem to disappear and this doesn't settle into my fine lines. I'm a NW 30-35 in MAC and was matched with Barcelona....and it looks absolutely stunning! I am in awe and absolutely amazed. I am of German, Russian, Norwegian and Armenian descent and this is the first liquid foundation I have used that is a PERFECT match for my complexion. I thought I would have to compromise for the rest of my life, I can't begin to describe how pleased I am I found NARS Sheer Glow. I have been using this product for three weeks now and I love it more each day. The price is a bit steep, but I find this product goes a long way, staying power is good, but I finish it with a light dusting of my TLC minerals foundation which seems to extend it.... If you also have a complexion which is hard to match, try NARS the next time you're at the beauty counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by skye218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first non drugstore foundation I purchased and I have to say I really do like it. I use Barcelona. I apply it with my fingers and it blends really well. It's a lot more runny than I thought it would be but I like that because it's not heavy and sticky on my face. It's light and covers well. I have a lot of acne scars and large pores. It's a medium coverage but it's buildable. I do use a finishing powder over it to control any excess oil that may develop and there is still that glow that comes through. The only con to this is the price. It came out to be $62.00 CAD with taxes. But I saved up for it and overall I'm really happy with the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by karoleeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I apply this with a sigma f80 and it works wonders. Very workable, smooth and it doesn't make you look oily (i have oily skin). Set with some powder and it lasts all day. Make sure to wear a good primer bc it makes all the difference. I loved revlon colorstay but this is amazing especially in photos since theres no spf. Yea its pricey but you dont need a lot and the product is definetly worth it, you get what you pay for no bullsh*t.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

Ok
Packaging is awful, I love NARS but this pour top sucks and they didn't have the pump availible at my sephora. 2- it broke me out, I have slightly oilier skin and yea broke me out. Very streaky formula also I had trouble blending this foundation out. Eh haven't found my HG yet this is far from it! And way too expensive!