Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 12/17/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with all the positive reviews. This stuff is amazing! I was skeptical at first, but I have been using the moroccan oil since the summer and my hair is in much better condition. I have thick, heavily highlighted hair and this product makes my hair blow out beautifully. It does not weigh the hair down like some products I have used in the past. It smells delicious and gives the hair a nice shine. Great product! I am actually giving this to one of my co-workers for Christmas.

on 12/17/2009 10:44:00 AM

This is a great hair serum. I really wanted to try this after reading about it in a magazine. When I went to beautybrands to buy it all the women working there told me how much they love it. One lady called it liquid gold. I don't know about that, but it is a very lovely serum. My hair looks a little more smooth and shiny when I use it. I even had a sales girl a mac tell me how pretty and healthy my hair is. I have tried lots of hair serums, high end and low end, in a search of a magical "poof now you have flowing Salma Hayak hair" and no, I have not found that and maybe never will seeing but this is the closest Ive come so far. It's expensive but worth it. Some don't like the smell, I love it. To be honest after my hair dries I can't smell it anymore anyway. Also I know that one of the yummy for my hair puzzle pieces in this is Argan oil. I have a bottle of pure Argan oil that I use as a deep treatment before a shower. I love that too. I also use it on my face and it really is magical there, but that's a whole new story.

on 12/17/2009 10:20:00 AM

My mom bought this for me because of all the rave reviews. I have very dry, brittle ,thick, coarse hair. When I let it dry on it's own, it gets REALLY frizzy! However, this product is like a miracle product for me. It completely transformed the look and feel of my hair, made it more manageable and styles better. The only downfall is that I have to use Redken Cleansing Creme about once a month because it CAN cause a bit of buildup, especially if you're using it all over your hair and not just the ends. For dry hair, i use about a quarter size amount and rub in my palms and start at the ends of my hair and work the way up but never to my roots. I wouldn't recommend this product to someone with fine hair, because it would probably weigh it down too much. great product! Very expensive though, but although it is used in moderation it lasts forever and ever!

on 12/16/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's an OK serum. It does make hair softer and changes it's texture and that's where I have a few misgivings about it, since i prefer my hair to have "a grip" and not be very silky ; soft, but not slippery. On occasion i do use about 1/3 of a penny amount on my ends, especially when the weather is humid and I want to avoid a scraggly/puffy end look (my hair is shoulder length and layered). It smells great and I can't resist putting a little bit on my body as well.

on 12/15/2009 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hated the glass bottle but decided to try it anyways. It was very thick and heavy, thicker than Bumble's Defrizz. My hair felt so greasy with just the tiniest drop before flat-ironing. Much prefer Shu Uemura's Essence Absolue!

on 12/13/2009 12:31:00 PM

I've only used this a short time, but I really like it - it's right up there with my HG kerastase oleo relax serum. I don't really care about what's in it so much as what it does. What it seems to do with my hair is allows to air dry much faster, smooths the frizz and generally makes it very soft and smooth. I have very thick, long hair that can tend towards being coarse and frizzy at times and that I also colour monthly. I have to apply something daily to my damp hair or else I get tons of flyaways. On workdays I usually just use Weleda rosemary lotion (don't ask me why, but it seems to prolong my colour) but when I go out I use Kerastase oleo relax to prep and smooth my hair when I straighten/style it. The texture of moroccanoil is almost disconcerting - it's so thick it's like golden syrup/treacle, I mean really, really thick. You only need a 5p size amount which seems to thin out in your hands and applies very smoothly and evenly to the hair. This makes the cost (almost 30 for 100ml) actually tolerable (even though you can pick it up cheaper on ebay). EDIT: The cheapest I can buy this is about 24 on ebay, which still makes it almost 10 more expensive for less amount that I can get a bottle of Kerastase oleo relax online, but honestly, I've been ignoring all my other leave in products since I bought this, so the quality speaks for itself, I think.

on 12/12/2009 9:07:00 AM

I have long, fairly thick dirty blonde hair. I don't use any sort of heat protectant when I dry or straighten my hair (I know - terrible idea) but my hair is somehow very soft regardless. This is the first type of hair oil I have ever tried and I've used it only about 4 times but I already love it. I put a little more than a dime sized amount onto the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, then start at the ends and work the product through my damp hair. I don't notice a real huge difference until after my hair is dried and straightened, at which point I can't stop touching it because it's so amazingly soft! I even noticed that the skin on my hands feel soft after applying it.

With that said, I've never used any sort of hair oil before. The two major downfalls of this prouduct is the heavy duty packaging (the bottle is very heavy glass and since it's expensive I'm always very careful as not to drop it) and the thing I dislike most is the application style. If you're not careful you'll get a flood of oil in your hand and it can tend to get a bit messy around the bottleneck. A pump applicator would be much more suitable for this product, but aside from that it definitely makes my hair very silky and smooth.

on 12/12/2009 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is insane. I bought last weekend and have used three times this week after I washed my hair. It has transformed my hair. I hadn't gotten a haircut for a few months (until today) and the ends were super ratty looking. I was self conscious about wearing my hair down. After trying the oil and blow drying, my hair was really nice. Not perfect, because I still had a lot of splits ends and broken bits, but an incredible improvement. I wonder if the product keeps working like this? I'm amazed. Will definitely repurchase or try another of the argan-based products, kiehls has one, there's macadamia oil, or joico has a new version as well. Anyway I am really happy with how well this product works! It's rare to find something that actually does what it says it will! Only complaint is the screw cap top.

on 12/12/2009 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am really loving this product. I apply it after I get out of the shower, I use a small pea size amount. The brand I am using has a bit of a nutty spicy scent to it, but It does not stick to my hair. What I do like about the product is that it makes my hair shiny, silky soft, and some how fuller. I expected it to slick my hair down like most oils, but this made my hair feel fabulous. It is weightless and absorbs almost instantly.

It's rare I find a product that really is a little miracle in a bottle. Most of the time they just make my hair sticky or matte. This one makes my hair look much more refined. Which is surprising considering my hair is medium length, medium thickness, dark, and gets oily. This does not make my hair greasy in the least.

The only flaw is the bottle, it is a heavy glass, and not user friendly when it comes to extracting the product. A pump would have been preferred.
Happy Shopping

on 12/11/2009 9:04:00 PM

I think that most women are not too keen on using oil for anything. A little goes a long way and really keeps the hair in great shape. I have a lot of hair, blond hair no less and a lot of exposure to the California sun. It made my hair full, shiny and frizzy free. I would recommend it but not for everyday use, unless you wash your hair everyday.

Popular Hair Products