Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 12/21/2009 2:45:00 PM

Bought this from amazon after reading the reviews. I don't like the packaging...It was probably amazon's fault but when I opened the box, the product had leaked all over the packaging, box and bottle, but the bottle was still pretty full. I had been waiting so long to try it that i didn't send it back to wait for a new one. It smells amazing! I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. I have straight hair, but it's dry, brittle and frizzy from over styling. At first I wasn't sure if it made much of a difference, but I started to slowly use a little more and now I've found the right amount for my hair. The product absorbs really well in to the hair. Sometimes I think I've used too much because it seems greasy in some spots (especially on my bangs) but by a couple hours, it looks great. I wash my hair every other day because it's so dry, and i think the longer you leave the product in, the more benefit you'll get from it. On really dry days I even put a tiny bit on after my hair is dry and I'm always so amazed at how well it absorbs, not like most anti-frizz products I've tried. I plan on purchasing this again.

on 12/20/2009 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After years of damage to my hair (which used to be really shiny and soft) I finally found a product to bring back that shine and beauty. This is an amazing hair oil, makes it so soft, smooth, silky, and shiny! I love it. It IS a teensy bit expensive on my budget, but I'd pay anything to bring back beautiful hair. Also, another con is that it is a bit messy and difficult to use the bottle. I wish they would put the oil in a different type of bottle (preferably a pump) as I sometimes get too much out of the bottle. I have thick hair, so it works amazing. I love this product, I would definitely recommend this hair serum to you girls! :)

on 12/20/2009 8:05:00 PM

this is a great product for thick hair. i can see how it might weigh down fine hair. i love the scent although it does not linger. gives my hair body, softness and shine. it also works as a detangler for me. the only thing that i cant get past is the price. thankfully alittle goes a long way.

on 12/20/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is fried!!!, I have tried so many products from high end to drug store. I used this for the first time today and my brillo hair was somewhat smooth and had some shine. I only used a tiny bit of oil and no other products after I did a CO wash. I will continue use and update my review. I gave this a 3 on price and packaging. Is it worth 38.00 and why a glass bottle, but if this magical oil can help repair my hair I will continue to use.

on 12/17/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with all the positive reviews. This stuff is amazing! I was skeptical at first, but I have been using the moroccan oil since the summer and my hair is in much better condition. I have thick, heavily highlighted hair and this product makes my hair blow out beautifully. It does not weigh the hair down like some products I have used in the past. It smells delicious and gives the hair a nice shine. Great product! I am actually giving this to one of my co-workers for Christmas.

on 12/17/2009 10:44:00 AM

This is a great hair serum. I really wanted to try this after reading about it in a magazine. When I went to beautybrands to buy it all the women working there told me how much they love it. One lady called it liquid gold. I don't know about that, but it is a very lovely serum. My hair looks a little more smooth and shiny when I use it. I even had a sales girl a mac tell me how pretty and healthy my hair is. I have tried lots of hair serums, high end and low end, in a search of a magical "poof now you have flowing Salma Hayak hair" and no, I have not found that and maybe never will seeing but this is the closest Ive come so far. It's expensive but worth it. Some don't like the smell, I love it. To be honest after my hair dries I can't smell it anymore anyway. Also I know that one of the yummy for my hair puzzle pieces in this is Argan oil. I have a bottle of pure Argan oil that I use as a deep treatment before a shower. I love that too. I also use it on my face and it really is magical there, but that's a whole new story.

on 12/17/2009 10:20:00 AM

My mom bought this for me because of all the rave reviews. I have very dry, brittle ,thick, coarse hair. When I let it dry on it's own, it gets REALLY frizzy! However, this product is like a miracle product for me. It completely transformed the look and feel of my hair, made it more manageable and styles better. The only downfall is that I have to use Redken Cleansing Creme about once a month because it CAN cause a bit of buildup, especially if you're using it all over your hair and not just the ends. For dry hair, i use about a quarter size amount and rub in my palms and start at the ends of my hair and work the way up but never to my roots. I wouldn't recommend this product to someone with fine hair, because it would probably weigh it down too much. great product! Very expensive though, but although it is used in moderation it lasts forever and ever!

on 12/16/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's an OK serum. It does make hair softer and changes it's texture and that's where I have a few misgivings about it, since i prefer my hair to have "a grip" and not be very silky ; soft, but not slippery. On occasion i do use about 1/3 of a penny amount on my ends, especially when the weather is humid and I want to avoid a scraggly/puffy end look (my hair is shoulder length and layered). It smells great and I can't resist putting a little bit on my body as well.

on 12/15/2009 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hated the glass bottle but decided to try it anyways. It was very thick and heavy, thicker than Bumble's Defrizz. My hair felt so greasy with just the tiniest drop before flat-ironing. Much prefer Shu Uemura's Essence Absolue!

on 12/13/2009 12:31:00 PM

I've only used this a short time, but I really like it - it's right up there with my HG kerastase oleo relax serum. I don't really care about what's in it so much as what it does. What it seems to do with my hair is allows to air dry much faster, smooths the frizz and generally makes it very soft and smooth. I have very thick, long hair that can tend towards being coarse and frizzy at times and that I also colour monthly. I have to apply something daily to my damp hair or else I get tons of flyaways. On workdays I usually just use Weleda rosemary lotion (don't ask me why, but it seems to prolong my colour) but when I go out I use Kerastase oleo relax to prep and smooth my hair when I straighten/style it. The texture of moroccanoil is almost disconcerting - it's so thick it's like golden syrup/treacle, I mean really, really thick. You only need a 5p size amount which seems to thin out in your hands and applies very smoothly and evenly to the hair. This makes the cost (almost 30 for 100ml) actually tolerable (even though you can pick it up cheaper on ebay). EDIT: The cheapest I can buy this is about 24 on ebay, which still makes it almost 10 more expensive for less amount that I can get a bottle of Kerastase oleo relax online, but honestly, I've been ignoring all my other leave in products since I bought this, so the quality speaks for itself, I think.

Popular Hair Products