November 25, 2014 | 1734 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by cindybeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that most women are not too keen on using oil for anything. A little goes a long way and really keeps the hair in great shape. I have a lot of hair, blond hair no less and a lot of exposure to the California sun. It made my hair full, shiny and frizzy free. I would recommend it but not for everyday use, unless you wash your hair everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jencalla

I am a hairstylist and don't have a problem with this product, other than it is made from goat poop! Yes it's true. I love a great leave in treatment, big fan of Chi silk infusion, and silk therapy. So along came all these new argan oil treatments. I did a little research and low and behold argan oil is actually pressed from undigested argan nuts retrieved from the poop of Moroccan goats. No thanks! Not to mention silicones are really not that great for hair, they build up. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for two months now and I`m still liking it. My fine hair appears healthier and smoother, but never greasy. It's the best treatment I have ever used. The only thing I dislike is the smell, ugghh ;-((

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this 3 days ago because I got a haircut and decided that all the coloring which I subjected my hair to during the year has taken it's toll. I don't want to greet a new year with dull looking mop hair.

So, I shelled out the $$ and went home with this lovely glass bottle -- which is one of my pet peeves because I can in a rush drop most bottles -- it's called klutziness. I wish it were a lovely plastic bottle which would just bounce and not break.

but the point of this is what's inside... it is marvellous. Now I must say I am comparing this to a Neem oil, a Chi and other hair treatments including Kerastase Ciment. Well they are all good. I will not give up my Ciment but this Moroccan oil will replace my Neem.

This has a lovely fragrance and the silkening effect is almost immediate. I used it after I washed my hair and then as a shiner after it dried. I now have short, pixie blonde hair which shines like glass.

It is an expensive product -- same as Neem. You do get more product with this.

If you have damaged hair, this is for you. If you have hair that is color treated, you need this. If you have curly hair, this is for you too. If you have normal hair -- this will keep it healthy.

Fantastic product -- highly recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loving this! Spent a fortune on hair stuff. Masks, conditioners, treatments etc. If anybody say the slightest good thing about any hair product, I will buy it in an instant. And most times I ended up disappointed because what maybe good for others will not be good not my mixed straight/wavy, coarse/fine hair. Feeling confused on my actual hair type and texture? Yeah, me too. But I was at my wits end to get my hair to look nice, well, even nice is too much to hope for, I'll settle for 'presentable'. So after reading all the mostly positive reviews at MUA, of COURSE I had to try this and ordered the hair oil and the Styling Cream from the same line. Mixed half a pump of the styling cream with not even a dime size amount of the oil and applied it to the ends and lengths of freshly washed and conditioned damp hair and proceed to either air dry or blow dry my lion mane. After my hair dries, well, I thought okay, nothing really that great, felt kind of crinkly but after a few hours, my hair felt really nice and silky. Even more so the next day! Wow! Silky soft hair! No more lion's mane! Do not use too much, as hair will feel too coated and greasy. Will definitely repurchase. And by the way, the scent is heavenly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I hesitated to buy this because I have very straight, fine Asian hair. I have been using Kerastase leave in heat treatment and it was working fine for me. I picked this up at my local Nordstrom Rack for $34 and I am sure glad I did! My hair instantly felt silkier, very shiny and bouncy. My hair looks and feels really healthy, even if I don't blow dry it. I wish it controlled frizzies better, maybe its my blow dry technique or what. I'll buy Sally's Argan Oil treatment to compare, but overall, happy with my investment!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by swalsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read some comments below about how this is to expensive and you should just purchase pure Aragan oil. Here my thoughts, I have done that and while pure Aragan oil does help hair, it can only be used as a treatment because it makes hair so oily there's no way a person would want to use it to style their hair (and I have very dry hair, so it takes alot to make it look greasy).

As to this line, I'm a huge fan. I started with the very small bottle of the oil 3 months ago, and its the most amazing product. Silicones or not, my hair is so much softer and it makes it unbelievably shiny. I get comments all the time (which I honest to god have never had before using this). So then I bought the shampoo and conditioner, my hair has been looking just amazing. I then bought the deep conditioning mask, which I just used yesterday, and a mask has never done so much for my hair. The point is, I love this line, have not been anything less than 100% satisfied with everything I've purchased (and I've tired everything else, Kerestase, BioSilk, Pureology, Dove, Nutrisse, you get the idea). This is by far my favorite hair care product. And as for the oil. I think if you buy the large one, that's at least a year supply, so in terms of the price there, its really not as expensive as it seems. Also, as many have noted, the smell is amazing and it kind of lingeres in you hair all day, I also get tons of compliments on that.

UPDATE: After using this for awhile, it doesn't seem to do much for my hair anymore. While I was crazy about it for awhile, sadly my love for Morocan Oil has diminished. I prob won't repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan whatsoever of this line sadly lol! Bet of luck to whoever likes it but honestly it is all hype considering mainly that this is just a salon line that barely contains any actualy argon/other oils that really heal hair and is more made up of silicones etc like most serums out there. For that reason I find it crazy for this line to be so dam expensive when all us natural product fans can just purchase pure argon oil. I wanted to like it and hopes that I would get some better quality for the $$ but it is a sham and on top of it completely smells like perfumes alcohol feeling really chemical and leaving my hair weighed down. I just recently tried the new Macadamia Natural Line that reminded me of this line however the Macadamia is 50x better, amazing ingredients, smells delicious like tropical kiwi, doesn't wiegh down, leaves hair feeling like silk, deep conditions for any hair type, and honestly just does everything the Moroccan Oil doesn't. Plus Macadamia is easily available at Ulta and comes in pump form. Try it! :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PERFECT hair product! HG....I only use a dime size amount and coat towel dried hair. This makes my hair unbelievably soft,shiny,manageable all without making hair greasy,weighed down etc. The smell is amazing too! I have the original and I don't think I will venture off to try a dupe because this is so great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick curly hair that I blow dry straight. This has kept my hair soft and frizz free. It is a great treatment for dry hair. It cuts down drying time. Please only use a very small amount or your hair will be greasy.