March 3, 2015 | 1072 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I hated the glass bottle but decided to try it anyways. It was very thick and heavy, thicker than Bumble's Defrizz. My hair felt so greasy with just the tiniest drop before flat-ironing. Much prefer Shu Uemura's Essence Absolue!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by emharrison

I've only used this a short time, but I really like it - it's right up there with my HG kerastase oleo relax serum. I don't really care about what's in it so much as what it does. What it seems to do with my hair is allows to air dry much faster, smooths the frizz and generally makes it very soft and smooth. I have very thick, long hair that can tend towards being coarse and frizzy at times and that I also colour monthly. I have to apply something daily to my damp hair or else I get tons of flyaways. On workdays I usually just use Weleda rosemary lotion (don't ask me why, but it seems to prolong my colour) but when I go out I use Kerastase oleo relax to prep and smooth my hair when I straighten/style it. The texture of moroccanoil is almost disconcerting - it's so thick it's like golden syrup/treacle, I mean really, really thick. You only need a 5p size amount which seems to thin out in your hands and applies very smoothly and evenly to the hair. This makes the cost (almost 30 for 100ml) actually tolerable (even though you can pick it up cheaper on ebay). EDIT: The cheapest I can buy this is about 24 on ebay, which still makes it almost 10 more expensive for less amount that I can get a bottle of Kerastase oleo relax online, but honestly, I've been ignoring all my other leave in products since I bought this, so the quality speaks for itself, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by dbunny29

I have long, fairly thick dirty blonde hair. I don't use any sort of heat protectant when I dry or straighten my hair (I know - terrible idea) but my hair is somehow very soft regardless. This is the first type of hair oil I have ever tried and I've used it only about 4 times but I already love it. I put a little more than a dime sized amount onto the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, then start at the ends and work the product through my damp hair. I don't notice a real huge difference until after my hair is dried and straightened, at which point I can't stop touching it because it's so amazingly soft! I even noticed that the skin on my hands feel soft after applying it.

With that said, I've never used any sort of hair oil before. The two major downfalls of this prouduct is the heavy duty packaging (the bottle is very heavy glass and since it's expensive I'm always very careful as not to drop it) and the thing I dislike most is the application style. If you're not careful you'll get a flood of oil in your hand and it can tend to get a bit messy around the bottleneck. A pump applicator would be much more suitable for this product, but aside from that it definitely makes my hair very silky and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Lovisa

This stuff is insane. I bought last weekend and have used three times this week after I washed my hair. It has transformed my hair. I hadn't gotten a haircut for a few months (until today) and the ends were super ratty looking. I was self conscious about wearing my hair down. After trying the oil and blow drying, my hair was really nice. Not perfect, because I still had a lot of splits ends and broken bits, but an incredible improvement. I wonder if the product keeps working like this? I'm amazed. Will definitely repurchase or try another of the argan-based products, kiehls has one, there's macadamia oil, or joico has a new version as well. Anyway I am really happy with how well this product works! It's rare to find something that actually does what it says it will! Only complaint is the screw cap top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I am really loving this product. I apply it after I get out of the shower, I use a small pea size amount. The brand I am using has a bit of a nutty spicy scent to it, but It does not stick to my hair. What I do like about the product is that it makes my hair shiny, silky soft, and some how fuller. I expected it to slick my hair down like most oils, but this made my hair feel fabulous. It is weightless and absorbs almost instantly.

It's rare I find a product that really is a little miracle in a bottle. Most of the time they just make my hair sticky or matte. This one makes my hair look much more refined. Which is surprising considering my hair is medium length, medium thickness, dark, and gets oily. This does not make my hair greasy in the least.

The only flaw is the bottle, it is a heavy glass, and not user friendly when it comes to extracting the product. A pump would have been preferred.
Happy Shopping

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by cindybeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that most women are not too keen on using oil for anything. A little goes a long way and really keeps the hair in great shape. I have a lot of hair, blond hair no less and a lot of exposure to the California sun. It made my hair full, shiny and frizzy free. I would recommend it but not for everyday use, unless you wash your hair everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jencalla

I am a hairstylist and don't have a problem with this product, other than it is made from goat poop! Yes it's true. I love a great leave in treatment, big fan of Chi silk infusion, and silk therapy. So along came all these new argan oil treatments. I did a little research and low and behold argan oil is actually pressed from undigested argan nuts retrieved from the poop of Moroccan goats. No thanks! Not to mention silicones are really not that great for hair, they build up. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for two months now and I`m still liking it. My fine hair appears healthier and smoother, but never greasy. It's the best treatment I have ever used. The only thing I dislike is the smell, ugghh ;-((

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this 3 days ago because I got a haircut and decided that all the coloring which I subjected my hair to during the year has taken it's toll. I don't want to greet a new year with dull looking mop hair.

So, I shelled out the $$ and went home with this lovely glass bottle -- which is one of my pet peeves because I can in a rush drop most bottles -- it's called klutziness. I wish it were a lovely plastic bottle which would just bounce and not break.

but the point of this is what's inside... it is marvellous. Now I must say I am comparing this to a Neem oil, a Chi and other hair treatments including Kerastase Ciment. Well they are all good. I will not give up my Ciment but this Moroccan oil will replace my Neem.

This has a lovely fragrance and the silkening effect is almost immediate. I used it after I washed my hair and then as a shiner after it dried. I now have short, pixie blonde hair which shines like glass.

It is an expensive product -- same as Neem. You do get more product with this.

If you have damaged hair, this is for you. If you have hair that is color treated, you need this. If you have curly hair, this is for you too. If you have normal hair -- this will keep it healthy.

Fantastic product -- highly recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loving this! Spent a fortune on hair stuff. Masks, conditioners, treatments etc. If anybody say the slightest good thing about any hair product, I will buy it in an instant. And most times I ended up disappointed because what maybe good for others will not be good not my mixed straight/wavy, coarse/fine hair. Feeling confused on my actual hair type and texture? Yeah, me too. But I was at my wits end to get my hair to look nice, well, even nice is too much to hope for, I'll settle for 'presentable'. So after reading all the mostly positive reviews at MUA, of COURSE I had to try this and ordered the hair oil and the Styling Cream from the same line. Mixed half a pump of the styling cream with not even a dime size amount of the oil and applied it to the ends and lengths of freshly washed and conditioned damp hair and proceed to either air dry or blow dry my lion mane. After my hair dries, well, I thought okay, nothing really that great, felt kind of crinkly but after a few hours, my hair felt really nice and silky. Even more so the next day! Wow! Silky soft hair! No more lion's mane! Do not use too much, as hair will feel too coated and greasy. Will definitely repurchase. And by the way, the scent is heavenly!