October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loving this! Spent a fortune on hair stuff. Masks, conditioners, treatments etc. If anybody say the slightest good thing about any hair product, I will buy it in an instant. And most times I ended up disappointed because what maybe good for others will not be good not my mixed straight/wavy, coarse/fine hair. Feeling confused on my actual hair type and texture? Yeah, me too. But I was at my wits end to get my hair to look nice, well, even nice is too much to hope for, I'll settle for 'presentable'. So after reading all the mostly positive reviews at MUA, of COURSE I had to try this and ordered the hair oil and the Styling Cream from the same line. Mixed half a pump of the styling cream with not even a dime size amount of the oil and applied it to the ends and lengths of freshly washed and conditioned damp hair and proceed to either air dry or blow dry my lion mane. After my hair dries, well, I thought okay, nothing really that great, felt kind of crinkly but after a few hours, my hair felt really nice and silky. Even more so the next day! Wow! Silky soft hair! No more lion's mane! Do not use too much, as hair will feel too coated and greasy. Will definitely repurchase. And by the way, the scent is heavenly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I hesitated to buy this because I have very straight, fine Asian hair. I have been using Kerastase leave in heat treatment and it was working fine for me. I picked this up at my local Nordstrom Rack for $34 and I am sure glad I did! My hair instantly felt silkier, very shiny and bouncy. My hair looks and feels really healthy, even if I don't blow dry it. I wish it controlled frizzies better, maybe its my blow dry technique or what. I'll buy Sally's Argan Oil treatment to compare, but overall, happy with my investment!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by swalsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read some comments below about how this is to expensive and you should just purchase pure Aragan oil. Here my thoughts, I have done that and while pure Aragan oil does help hair, it can only be used as a treatment because it makes hair so oily there's no way a person would want to use it to style their hair (and I have very dry hair, so it takes alot to make it look greasy).

As to this line, I'm a huge fan. I started with the very small bottle of the oil 3 months ago, and its the most amazing product. Silicones or not, my hair is so much softer and it makes it unbelievably shiny. I get comments all the time (which I honest to god have never had before using this). So then I bought the shampoo and conditioner, my hair has been looking just amazing. I then bought the deep conditioning mask, which I just used yesterday, and a mask has never done so much for my hair. The point is, I love this line, have not been anything less than 100% satisfied with everything I've purchased (and I've tired everything else, Kerestase, BioSilk, Pureology, Dove, Nutrisse, you get the idea). This is by far my favorite hair care product. And as for the oil. I think if you buy the large one, that's at least a year supply, so in terms of the price there, its really not as expensive as it seems. Also, as many have noted, the smell is amazing and it kind of lingeres in you hair all day, I also get tons of compliments on that.

UPDATE: After using this for awhile, it doesn't seem to do much for my hair anymore. While I was crazy about it for awhile, sadly my love for Morocan Oil has diminished. I prob won't repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan whatsoever of this line sadly lol! Bet of luck to whoever likes it but honestly it is all hype considering mainly that this is just a salon line that barely contains any actualy argon/other oils that really heal hair and is more made up of silicones etc like most serums out there. For that reason I find it crazy for this line to be so dam expensive when all us natural product fans can just purchase pure argon oil. I wanted to like it and hopes that I would get some better quality for the $$ but it is a sham and on top of it completely smells like perfumes alcohol feeling really chemical and leaving my hair weighed down. I just recently tried the new Macadamia Natural Line that reminded me of this line however the Macadamia is 50x better, amazing ingredients, smells delicious like tropical kiwi, doesn't wiegh down, leaves hair feeling like silk, deep conditions for any hair type, and honestly just does everything the Moroccan Oil doesn't. Plus Macadamia is easily available at Ulta and comes in pump form. Try it! :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PERFECT hair product! HG....I only use a dime size amount and coat towel dried hair. This makes my hair unbelievably soft,shiny,manageable all without making hair greasy,weighed down etc. The smell is amazing too! I have the original and I don't think I will venture off to try a dupe because this is so great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick curly hair that I blow dry straight. This has kept my hair soft and frizz free. It is a great treatment for dry hair. It cuts down drying time. Please only use a very small amount or your hair will be greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SupernovaSky

Don't get me wrong, I liked this product but it's simply not worth the money and in my opinion, the hype.

I'm skeptical as to how much Argan Oil is actually in here. The base is made of silicones, mostly, not argan oil. To me, it felt just like biosilk but with a better scent and slightly better frizz control.

I dislike the bottle, I wish it came with a pump or at least a dropper. This product does work, but not that much better than other frizz serums (that's essentially what this is) other than the fact that it seems to be lighter and not as heavy.

I recently bought the one from Sally's and it's practically the same thing. The ingredients are nearly identical and it works just as well. However, I'm not continuing using either because my thick wavy hair needs a more concentrated frizz serum.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I used to love this product. Either my hair has changed, or maybe I have, because I now think this does absolutely nothing for my hair. It looks just as dry and frazzled as it did before I use this--whether I use a lot or a little bit makes no difference. I have approximately 1/4 of a bottle left and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rizagan

THE BEST hair serum out there!!! This is def my HG for shiny, pretty, soft hair in a flash. Just needs a tiny dime-nickel sized amount worked into the tips up the shaft till wherever you still need it. Some days its really dry outside and I used a quarter-sized amount for all over defrizziness and my hair is like SILK!!! I have redhair that is mostly straight, but with serious kinks at the crown and hairline. I feel like (and my hairdresser says it does) this product protects my hair by making it stronger and putting the oils back in that are stripped out during shampooing. My hairdresser has waist-length blonde hair that is to DIE FOR and she swears by this stuff too. I am about to leave the country and I am buying about 10 bottles before I leave just in case they don't sell it where I'm moving!! Smells like a little bit of patchouli and musk....SOOOOO divine...my boyfriend just buries his head in my hear and enjoys :)))) always a great sign of a boyfriend approved product :)))

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My daughter just became a hairdresser, and I was, and still am her "test" dummy. My hair has been bleached and colored so many times it's unbelievable. This product I swear has kept my hair healthy and shiny, and I think my hair has become even thicker. I used this while my hair is wet and then I use a blow dryer. Everyone I know who uses this product has really healthy thick hair. What's funny is I didn't even know these people used this Moroccan Oil until I mentioned that I had "found" this really great hair oil, and then when I told them what it was, they all said something along the lines that they use it too. No wonder their hair looks so good.