Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

To me, Moroccan Oil was that product that I just wanted so bad, but probably would never end up with because of the price (35 bucks? ummmm... no.). Until one day when our class went to a hair show (I'm a beauty student), practically everyone was carrying around a Moroccanoil shopping bag- which tempted me to go check out the booth. There, they were selling all Moroccanoil products for a big discount- practically 50% off! I knew this oppurtunity was too good to pass up, plus the saleslady did a good job of persuading me even further, so I picked up a bottle.

First of all, this product smells AMAZING (so good, that I wish I could buy a perfume of this scent!). I use about a quarter-size amount for my thick medium-length hair when it's damp, and it instantly makes my hair feel softer. Even though this is an oil, it doesn't leave my hair feeling oily or greasy at all. When my hair dries, I'm left with soft, smooth hair, completely FREE of frizz (and this is coming from someone who has curly, coarse, dry, frizzy hair). When I flat-iron my hair, I use a touch more of this before my heat protector, and I notice that the end result is much shinier, smoother, and silkier.

I've been using this for about 2 months now, and this is hands down my #1 favorite hair product (and I've tried a billion different products). My hair also feels a lot healthier since I've started using it. I'm super glad that I was able to get this for so cheap; I don't know what I'd do without it!

on 12/28/2009 12:00:00 PM

I tried it this morning and I don't get the hype. I have blond, slightly wavy, frizz-prone long hair. I put in about a quarter's worth, which seems to be more than others here use. My hair isn't greasy at all, so no issues there. But it's just as frizzy as normal, after air-drying.

Maybe it'll do better after I flat iron, if it does I'll revise my review.

The smell is awesome but doesn't last.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Moroccan Oil is essentially a heavenly smelling serum. I have thick, dry hair that tends to get even drier in the wintertime (boo). I mix a little less than a pea size into a dime size of any old smoothing cream, and apply to my hair after it has been towel dried. This allow for an even distribution (too much moroccan oil gives the hair a gross, greasy look. you can always add more - start off conservatively to be safe). My hair dries smooth and shiny - much smoother and shinier than if I used just a smoothing cream on my own, because I've noticed a difference. That said, it sucks that it's in bottle form with no pump...this puppy ain't cheap, and it's easy to overpour the tiny, tiny amount you need. Nevertheless, it smells like vanilla, makes my hair smooth and shiny, and is worth a repurchase.

on 12/28/2009 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I usually have dry, thick, coarse hair. I heat style or straighten almost every day and have coloured every 6-8 weeks. I guess I'm not very nice to my hair. The thing it, you would never know it because of Moroccan Oil!

I am so in love with this stuff! My hair is so soft and shiny with this product but not so soft that it can't be styled if that makes any sense.

I know some of the previous reviewers have mentioned that it's a bit pricey (someone mentioned $45 for a large bottle I think?). I guess price must vary from salon to salon depending on how they mark it up because I find the price not too bad at mine. A large bottle was about $30 and considering how long it lasts, it's a pretty good value.

Also, my salon has pumps on their large bottles. I'm not sure if they just rigged something up with a generic pump or if it's something available now. In any case, I do agree that having to pour the right amount into yor hand is a bit of a pain. I'll be inquiring about the pump at my next visit.

on 12/27/2009 12:20:00 PM

Another user of oleo-relax serum here. Coarse, curly-wavy, long hair (waist length, bit longer maybe?). Coloured maybe every 6-8 weeks.
This stuff is great. Unlike the Kerastase it doesn't relax my curls/waves too much, but it softens and gets rid of frizz. Not that the oleo weighs it down, but Moroccanoil leaves it with more body, which helps if you have heavy hair where the curls have a tendency to straighten because of the weight. Right now, this is perfect!
UPDATE: I use quite a bit though, maybe 3 dollops the size of 50p pieces, which seems to be the perfect amount. I think it's more expensive than oleo (not sure though) but, yes, it's miles better. Great shine, unbeatable softness. WOW!

on 12/26/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product literally transformed my hair! My hair had been through so much, coloring, relaxing, bleaching, and I straighten it everyday. Tsk, tsk, I know...My frazzled hair was just lifeless, damaged, and frizzy. I bought the smaller sized bottle for 10 dollars, and applied it that night after I got out of the shower, like you would apply any serum. When I woke up my hair was INCREDIBLY soft, and shiny! After straightening my hair I applied more to my ends and VOILA! It was AMAZING. Not greasy at all! The only thing I would change about the product is the packaging. It should come with a pump or a flipcap.

on 12/25/2009 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing! I have used so many oil treatments and serums, it's ridiculous. I noticed a huge difference in a reduction in blow-dry time, the softness of my hair, the overall look of my hair, and how the rest of my products work...after just my first use! I will continue to use this and will definitely repurchase. It's a bit pricey, but most hair products are...especially good ones. I like to use high end products, such as Kerastase. So, I am willing to pay for a product that works. It is a great serum without weighing my hair down. I have not had any issues with greasiness. The bottle is not great...it's glass and awkward and you have to be careful when you pour it out...you don't want too much! I probably use a nickel-sized amount of product and my hair is past my shoulders.

on 12/25/2009 2:11:00 PM

HG serum! I don't know what I did before this came along. Honestly. I have long wavy hair, I straighten it with a flatiron. This seals it beautifully, smells amazing, gives it just enough shine that lasts, and makes it bunny soft, read this bunny soft. I always get great compliments on my hair after using this product. I wash my hair, towel dry it and then I add about 3 or 4 drops of the serum and comb it through. I let it air dry and then I run the flat iron through it. I add one last pea size drop when I'm done and it makes a huge difference. The packaging is not the best, but since I got a big bottle, I bought two small apothecary bottles with droppers, and made it portable. It lasts forever. You don't need to use a lot, a few drops is all it takes, this is a miracle in a bottle. I can't wait to try their other products as well.

on 12/21/2009 2:45:00 PM

Bought this from amazon after reading the reviews. I don't like the packaging...It was probably amazon's fault but when I opened the box, the product had leaked all over the packaging, box and bottle, but the bottle was still pretty full. I had been waiting so long to try it that i didn't send it back to wait for a new one. It smells amazing! I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. I have straight hair, but it's dry, brittle and frizzy from over styling. At first I wasn't sure if it made much of a difference, but I started to slowly use a little more and now I've found the right amount for my hair. The product absorbs really well in to the hair. Sometimes I think I've used too much because it seems greasy in some spots (especially on my bangs) but by a couple hours, it looks great. I wash my hair every other day because it's so dry, and i think the longer you leave the product in, the more benefit you'll get from it. On really dry days I even put a tiny bit on after my hair is dry and I'm always so amazed at how well it absorbs, not like most anti-frizz products I've tried. I plan on purchasing this again.

on 12/20/2009 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After years of damage to my hair (which used to be really shiny and soft) I finally found a product to bring back that shine and beauty. This is an amazing hair oil, makes it so soft, smooth, silky, and shiny! I love it. It IS a teensy bit expensive on my budget, but I'd pay anything to bring back beautiful hair. Also, another con is that it is a bit messy and difficult to use the bottle. I wish they would put the oil in a different type of bottle (preferably a pump) as I sometimes get too much out of the bottle. I have thick hair, so it works amazing. I love this product, I would definitely recommend this hair serum to you girls! :)

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products