September 21, 2014 | 948 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is hard to bring around if you're a "drop in your purse" person, but if it's just in a makeup pouch, you're fine to go.

Of course I wouldn't use the brush that's given in with this, but it is cute and matches the box.

I like using this with a fluffy brush around my face for contouring, and a warm glow. It's absolutely natural and goes on silkily. If you apply too much, it can be blended away.

The price is a bit steep, but I'm benefit obsessed. There's actually quite a lot in the BENEFIT boxes though. (As compared to most of their cosmetics with $ : product amount)
My perfect matte bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this bronzer for sometime now. I went to Sephora looking for a matte color & this is one of the brands the mua showed (I can't remember the other but there weren't many matte ones anyways). However, I was a little hesitant because of the packaging & the price (I think it was in the high $20 range) but decided to get it anyways & I really like it aside from the package & that cheap brush, that I never used!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually do like the packaging because it's more unique than a regular compact. Like the majority of reviewers, I love that it's very natural-looking (matte tan color, no shimmer). It's perfect for contouring, I use it mainly for the cheekbones and jawline. Over the couple of weeks I've been using this, I notice that for me, it looks better in natural or medium lighting rather than bright lights. Also, the Benefit counter SA is the best! He really knew his stuff and spent time teaching me how to use this. I really appreciate the good customer service.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eiieca

This bronzer lives up to it's name when it says 'tan' however, I found out that the tan looked too 'fake' and that it does not compliment my skin. I have a fair-medium skin so it did not work for me. I've only used it once or twice, and regret buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first box lasted 1.7 years but I just purchased another one. That says a lot because I would never buy a 28 USD bronzer unless it was worth it. I've swatched pretty much every single brand of bronzer that Sephora offers (Cargo, Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay, NARS, etc.) and MAC bronzers as well, and they are all too orange (think oompa loompa). There is no orange in this. I can't see a hint of pink or orange in it; it's just a medium brown color. What I like about Hoola is that it's matte. Also, I use it as a contour so I like the fact that it doesn't have sparkles in it because when you contour, you shouldn't have sparkels in the dark areas of your face. It feels silky smooth to the touch (not grainy at all). Application is beautiful if you don't use too heavy a hand. The packaging could be nicer for the 28 USD but it serves its purpose as long as you aren't dropping it everywhere. I don't use the little brush that comes with it to apply, but I use it to buff out the harsh lines. The brush is soft and quite nice. I even got the Sephora MA interested in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by 1sarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am blonde with medium skin tone. I love the texture and color. It makes my cheeks perfectly tan. It looks like I spent a few hours in the sun. I like the little brush and I think it blends nicely. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HOOLA is a great bronzer for all of you lighter skinned girls out there. I'm a n15, but in winter or when I'm ill/stressed/tired I'm around n10.

This is a very natural shade that I can wear all year round; it's sheer and there is no shimmer. It wonít clog up your skin & Iíve found it to be easy to apply. Now I can look sun kissed too!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I got this in the powder pop. The other two, dandelion and dallas which i like, although i find dandelion too light even though i am quite fair skin (NC20) but that is another review. This one don't work for me. Make me look like i smudge mud on my face, very ugly. Nothing beautiful nor healthy about this. I can't imagine it working it out for lighter skin tone. May work well for darker skin. I may try with Mac 188 and see but i still don't like what i see when i use Mac 168 to applied it on my face. Will update if there is any changes but certainly won't repurchase this individually as i'm not too big in favour of bronzer and this is so hard to blend and it is not at all natural bronzer.... I find Nars Laguna alot better than this. If i had gotten this on its own then it would be a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this bronzer for quite a few years now and it's probably one of the the best ones on the market! It gives such a great natural colour with no sign of any orange tints or sparkle! I think it's pretty expensive and even though the packaging is cute I'd prefer it in a compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! I use it for contouring and it does a great job!

I did not have the problem of looking muddy, the color is perfect for bronzing/contouring.

The only problem I have with this is, it takes A LOT of rough buffing to blend the color out. Otherwise, it's perfect!