April 17, 2014 | 1910 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The 3rd version of Clinique's Moisture Surge. It actually locks in moisture for 18 hours. This is more of a "spa" product and is not completely necessary. How to use? After you use 3 step, a Clinique serum (Even Better, Turnaround Concentrate), moisturizer (Super Defense, Continuous Rescue, Repairwear), you put it on top of your moisturizer. During the day, you can place it over makeup without moving it to give your skin a nice "drink of water"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an early review b/c I haven't used the product more than a week, but I'm quite impressed so far. I have tried using this under my morning sunscreen (either Olay or Shiseido) and at night under my DDML. Considering it is hot here, I am quite impressed. It makes an excellent primer for foundation. Will update after a longer period. EDIT: When I use this for several days in a row, my skin becomes blotchy along the jaw line. Have discontinued use, but my 15 year old daughter is finishing up my leftover product. I have been more impressed with DDMG these days when the weather is warm and I need some moisture, but nothing heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jennhsieh

I love gel-like moisturizers, and this one is no exception. The color is totally cute and it feels great on my skin. The only complaint I have is that it does not moisturize enough during the winter, so I would only use this during the summer. It's also somewhat expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

love this for right after i wash my face! revcieved it as a sample and would be willing to go out and buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ktellsch

I have dry/combo skin and this product doesn't work for me. If I use it alone, it leaves my skin too dry because it immediately absorbs. If I use it after the yellow lotion, I break out. The best use I have found for this product is to apply it to my neck and chest.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Ankyl

My first Clinique's taste

A lot impression
Apply before the bed time, and I wake up with tender face than ever !
The gel is cold and there's no need to use lot
Once you finish applied it, it left a bit sticky feeling on your face,
but soon it'll absorb to your face

The ingredients are also quite best

The packageing, well, may need to use more opaque jar
Price ??? Expensive but it can last up to 3-4 months

Best moisture for me !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a soothing mask after exfoliating - I apply it generously and love the soft gel-like texture. Afterwards I just dab off any excess. I don't use it as a daily moisturiser, but like to keep it for occasional use such as I described above, or sometimes when my skin is feeling sensitive and I want to avoid oily products, especially around the t-zone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for the new Moisture Surge Extended but sadly, for me, it's no different to the old formula. My skin actually feels drier after application.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not impressed. I purchased this to add some supplemental moisture when my skin is a little drier or more sensitive, and frankly it doesn't deliver. If anything I'd say my skin feels drier after application! The only thing it seems to be good for is soothing my skin, but the price tag doesn't make it a worthwhile purchase for even that when I consider the alternatives.

This product has been discontinued and replaced by Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I use this alone because I have normal/oily skin, i'm young so I don't need anything really heavy. Its good under make-up. It's reformulated, I haven't tried the new formula, but hopefully I'll like it.