February 28, 2015 | 1134 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkedgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it feels nice. that's about it. this product broke me out... and i have VERY unsensitive skin. it takes a lot to break me out and this product did. it did not do its job of moisturizing well AT ALL. gross and an absolute waste of money.

ps. i am 20 years old and have a very very clear asian complexion. take my advice and DONT waste a cent on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lcatala2

This is a weird product. I really like the consistency - it is a light gel that spreads evenly. I love the way it feels while its spreading over your face because it sort of feels like a light yogurt. It gives my skin a silky matte feel. The reason why I did'nt give it a great score is because as soon as I get in the shower, my face feels slimy and it comes right off. This tells me that the products just sits on my face all day and doesn't really soak though the layers of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in during a promotion that clinique was having, buy any product and get a "gift bag" for $25. It came with this lotion, an e/s palette, mascara, scrub, blush and a hair blush. I love everything that it came with, especially this cream. I only use on spots where i tend to get dry skin (around my lips and cheeks) and its wonderful! I don't want to run out because it's expensive but i would buy again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I am on Retin-A and my face is dry and flaking badly. Every other moisturizer I tried burned on contact but this is soothing and feels wonderful. No bad reaction, breakouts or problems at all. My skin even looks softer and plump in the morning when I get up. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by donnalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It makes my skin feel dry after 10 minutes of putting it on. I do like the feeling and the texture of it when I first put it on though- wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I also got this as a sample with some other stuff I bought and didn't really see the purpose in it. It is a nice product if used alone...I tended to put it on on the weekends when I wasn't wearing any makeup just so my face would look "dewey", and it did ok, but I wouldn't run out and HAVE to have this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think it's very deceiving, putting this review in the "Moisturizer" category because this isn't a moisturizer - like one helpful review said, it's like a primer in that you should use this before foundation. I use this after I apply my sunscreen, and before my EL TM. My skin feels incredibly smooth after I apply this, but I haven't seen any benefits yet.

Oh I also got the 1 oz jar from the 2009 Cosmetics Settlement Act.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe women in my age bracket haven't reviewed this yet. So ok I'll be the 1st I believe. What it is: a moisture treatment. What it's not: a true moisturizer. Best suited for spring & fall, great for winter if accompanied by a "true" moisturizer. This gel can be used in mutiple ways: alone as a moisturizer (provided the tempertures aren't too hot or too cold), over your makeup to add "life" into your skin, as a wintertime "addition" (key word) to your regular moisturizer to boost skin's ability to deal with harsh tempertures. No matter what other brands I use I always, always come back to this. This gel plumps up the skin, sinks in w/o leaving sheen (unless it's 90 degrees hot & humid & if so this gel will ooze right back out of pores), gives skin that extra umph if it's dehydrated, & is light in texture. Dry skin types this will not be adequate unless it's summertime or you use it in addition to your moisturizer during the winter. Normal, combo/oily skin types this is a dream product & worthy of the price. And for the record I see or feel no difference in the "extended" version compared to the last.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tet79

I got this for free as a result of the class action lawsuit against cosmetic companies, and I am so happy with it!! It feels very moisturizing when you apply it and a little goes a long way! Great for dry winter skin. My skin is very sensitive, especially in the winter, and it works great!! Will definitely rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for free, since there is a lawsuit against department store cosmetics. Anyway, I thought this would make my skin oily because of it's name--moisture surge--but there's actually no oily feeling at all. Very surprised! I like it! The reason I give it a four rating is because there's no SPF.
2/5/09 I should wait after I've something for awhile until writing a review! I'm editing a bit b/c I'm learning that this product really does a great job making your skin smooth but if you use powder it flies right off! I use bare minerals powder and recently have stopped using the kabuki brush, I thought that was why when I was applying my powder it didn't seem it was going on my face. I could see my powder in the air, rather than going on my skin. Maybe I need something a bit greasier to hold on to my powder? I would definitely recommend this to someone that doesn't use loose powder everyday.