Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 1/31/2009 12:31:00 PM

I love this product. It feels so good on my skin and keeps it moist all day. I use it under makep and have even used it over makeup to refresh it during the day. It creates a wonderful base for my foundation and just feels great! I will definetely purchase again.

on 1/30/2009 11:22:00 PM

I was a little surprised to read about negative reviews on this product. I really like it! After you apply it, it gives an instant silky touch feel to your face, which I love. My skin is more on the oily side so I need a lot of moisture but not oil. And I think this product serves me very nicely.

I haven't noticed any breakouts yet. I have been using it for like 2 weeks. I am almost out of my gift-size sample and am planning on getting a normal-size one tomorrow.

on 1/30/2009 11:01:00 PM

it feels nice. that's about it. this product broke me out... and i have VERY unsensitive skin. it takes a lot to break me out and this product did. it did not do its job of moisturizing well AT ALL. gross and an absolute waste of money.

ps. i am 20 years old and have a very very clear asian complexion. take my advice and DONT waste a cent on this.

on 1/30/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a weird product. I really like the consistency - it is a light gel that spreads evenly. I love the way it feels while its spreading over your face because it sort of feels like a light yogurt. It gives my skin a silky matte feel. The reason why I did'nt give it a great score is because as soon as I get in the shower, my face feels slimy and it comes right off. This tells me that the products just sits on my face all day and doesn't really soak though the layers of my skin.

on 1/30/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in during a promotion that clinique was having, buy any product and get a "gift bag" for $25. It came with this lotion, an e/s palette, mascara, scrub, blush and a hair blush. I love everything that it came with, especially this cream. I only use on spots where i tend to get dry skin (around my lips and cheeks) and its wonderful! I don't want to run out because it's expensive but i would buy again in a heart beat.

on 1/30/2009 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this product because I am on Retin-A and my face is dry and flaking badly. Every other moisturizer I tried burned on contact but this is soothing and feels wonderful. No bad reaction, breakouts or problems at all. My skin even looks softer and plump in the morning when I get up. Great product!

on 1/28/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It makes my skin feel dry after 10 minutes of putting it on. I do like the feeling and the texture of it when I first put it on though- wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/28/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I also got this as a sample with some other stuff I bought and didn't really see the purpose in it. It is a nice product if used alone...I tended to put it on on the weekends when I wasn't wearing any makeup just so my face would look "dewey", and it did ok, but I wouldn't run out and HAVE to have this product.

on 1/28/2009 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think it's very deceiving, putting this review in the "Moisturizer" category because this isn't a moisturizer - like one helpful review said, it's like a primer in that you should use this before foundation. I use this after I apply my sunscreen, and before my EL TM. My skin feels incredibly smooth after I apply this, but I haven't seen any benefits yet.

Oh I also got the 1 oz jar from the 2009 Cosmetics Settlement Act.

I can't believe women in my age bracket haven't reviewed this yet. So ok I'll be the 1st I believe. What it is: a moisture treatment. What it's not: a true moisturizer. Best suited for spring & fall, great for winter if accompanied by a "true" moisturizer. This gel can be used in mutiple ways: alone as a moisturizer (provided the tempertures aren't too hot or too cold), over your makeup to add "life" into your skin, as a wintertime "addition" (key word) to your regular moisturizer to boost skin's ability to deal with harsh tempertures. No matter what other brands I use I always, always come back to this. This gel plumps up the skin, sinks in w/o leaving sheen (unless it's 90 degrees hot & humid & if so this gel will ooze right back out of pores), gives skin that extra umph if it's dehydrated, & is light in texture. Dry skin types this will not be adequate unless it's summertime or you use it in addition to your moisturizer during the winter. Normal, combo/oily skin types this is a dream product & worthy of the price. And for the record I see or feel no difference in the "extended" version compared to the last.