Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 2/24/2009 3:21:00 PM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews :(

I love this moisturizer! I don't use it alone, I use it on top of my Olay's foaming moisturizer. It sinks in right away so I could actually apply a thickish layer and it leaves my skin feeling super soft, plump, and moisturized. I prefer gel instead of lotion products so that's a plus. My sister got this for free b/c of the lawsuit but I think I'm going to actually go and purchase one of my own. Regardless of the negative reviews, you should try it!

on 2/19/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! It is great for dry skin!!

on 2/19/2009 12:25:00 AM

I got this for free, at the lawsuit settlement.

But I have really dry skin, especially near the breakouts, so whenever I use this, it doesn't help much, and ends up getting dry and flaky all over again.

It leaves it smooth, but sticky, which is weird, but i guess since it's gel, that might be the case.

I also noticed that little pimples started appearing in my skin, and once i stopped, it was gone.

It might be right for you, but it's not the best for me.

on 2/18/2009 11:10:00 PM

I got this with a GWP and much to my surprise I really like it. I thought it would be too greasy for my skin, but it is not at all. It absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel like velvet. I use it winter, spring and fall (no need in the summer when I use Clinique's DDM gel instead) I use this at night after cleanser, toner and Paula's Choice BHA lotion. My skin looks awesome in the morning. My husband is hooked too! Love it but wish they'd change the packaging...my sample came in a tube, but when you buy the regular size it's in a jar which can be messy, inconvenient and easily contaminated.

on 2/15/2009 5:19:00 PM

This made my cheeks break out in a rash.

on 2/15/2009 4:15:00 PM

I got this product from the consumer class action lawsuit and I was excited to try a clinique moisturizer after so many years of trying various beauty products. I liked it a lot because the texture was very smoothing and made my skin feel like a baby's bottom. However, I had to keep reapplying layers within the same 30 min. of initial application to keep my skin from feeling dry. After I read up reviews and realized that it is meant to be used as a product for problem areas after a real moisturizer, I got really confused on why they even marketed this product so much as a moisturizer.

However, with "age"...yes age, done with school, and dealing with the adult life, my skin had became increasingly and absurdly sensitive (flush easily, red blemishes, sun burn easily, etc). I wanted to go back to something old school-ish like clinique as i had used from the past. It seemed it helped my skin a bit from the redness and smoothness. NOTE:: i used this as a moisturizer over cleansed skin. At night however, I put on a thick layer , let it sink in and then I apply DHC olive oil over it and massage it in. When i wake up, my skin looks very well rested. I'm not sure if i'm using it right, but there is no way the moisture surge could stay on my face after the olive oil application.

In the morning, i rinse my face with water and then i apply layers of the moisture surge if i'm having a lazy day inside the house. And i have had no other problems with the "moisturizer" so I like it right now. However i'm worried about the long term results because It's not a real moisturizer and i'm using it as if it is. So I've yet to find a moisturizer that makes me feel as nice as this clinique one...But for now, I probably would buy again since it makes me feel better than other beauty products that have given me problems.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I, too, got a jar of this as part of the cosmetics lawsuit settlement. Let me preface this review by stating that I have terribly sensitive, easily irritated skin. Some days my skin reacts to nothing more than water on a soft washcloth and I end up with beet red cheeks and little angry bumps everywhere. Thankfully, however, I am not prone to acne (small favors) and often have dry patches in the winter.

This is a lovely, gel moisturizer that is (according to the insert) meant to be more of a boost to your regular moisturizer than a stand alone product. It has great slip, sinks in effortlessly, and leaves my face feeling smooth. It definitely does not give enough moisture to my dry skin on its own, but it didn't irritate me in the slightest and that is astounding. I couldn't have been happier!

Alas, within a few days I had some serious underground acne on my cheeks. I never get acne of that sort (other than the occasional, hormone related white head) and there could be little doubt it was because of the Moisture Surge. So sad! I am going to give it 3 lippies anyway, because it may not clog everyone's pores. It feels like it should be a great moisture boost!

on 2/8/2009 7:39:00 PM

I rated it 3 for the price since regularly it is pricey (5) but I got it as a sample from the class case. I thought it worked really well in terms of hydration. my skin did feel smooth in the morning since i was using it as a night moisturizer. but i realized that I had gotten small bumps on my cheeks which never had before and white heads on my forhead. I continued to use it doubting that this was the problem but now I think im gonna stop for awhile and see if it clears my skin. ill update soon.

on 2/6/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I, too, got this as part of the mall lawsuit. It's okay, once I wash it off my skin feels really soft (but really this is the effect that I get from any other moisturizer). I have relatively dry skin, and it still leaves my skin feeling sticky, like I rubbed straight aloe vera gel on it or something. If you want something that sinks into your skin and makes it velvety-soft, this is not the product for you. It stays on the surface and doesn't really do that much. It didn't make me break out, and it was free, hence a 2/5 rating as opposed to 1/5.

on 2/4/2009 11:49:00 AM

I am surprised at the bad reviews for this product. This is my HG night moisturizer, but again I do have combo oily prone skin so I absolutely love the fact that this is a GEL CREAM. It is so light and fluffy adn water based and litrealyl melts intor your skin like a healthy drink of water when you put it on and leaves my skin feeling like smooth silk. For us girls who have combo skin, acne prone, oily, or sensitive this is a must ahve product since it again is completely greaseless unlike many eve light moisturizers (which I have never been able to use sicne they always end up getting greasy on my skin). If you someone who needs a lot of cream moisture then this might be too light for your but I truly feel like it can work for every skin type who likes a very clean moisture feel.

I lvoe this so much I even use it as an eye cream which instantly plumps and leaves my eyes looking great @ night. It ofcourse doesn't have any antiaging benefits (hence why I use a day eye cream with those) but am jsut soo in love with the cool water moisture feel it gives to my face and especiialy my eyes feeling so refreshed (unlike many heavy and silicony fake feeling eye creams).

Try this product you will love it ( I am so glad I got a sample of this in the the mall lawsuit incident recently) otherwise I would have never thought or known this was a gel cream and the only comparable I have ever seen of its kind is the Shu Uemura B-G Reinforcing Gel Cream which is pricier.