January 26, 2015 | 1963 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for free, since there is a lawsuit against department store cosmetics. Anyway, I thought this would make my skin oily because of it's name--moisture surge--but there's actually no oily feeling at all. Very surprised! I like it! The reason I give it a four rating is because there's no SPF.
2/5/09 I should wait after I've something for awhile until writing a review! I'm editing a bit b/c I'm learning that this product really does a great job making your skin smooth but if you use powder it flies right off! I use bare minerals powder and recently have stopped using the kabuki brush, I thought that was why when I was applying my powder it didn't seem it was going on my face. I could see my powder in the air, rather than going on my skin. Maybe I need something a bit greasier to hold on to my powder? I would definitely recommend this to someone that doesn't use loose powder everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by oohitzyumi

Absolutely love this moisturizer! I have acne-prone/oily skin and this is the perfect night-time moisturizer for me and works well during the winter time when I need an extra burst of moisture. Its oil-free and goes on so smoothly and is not at all greasy. It's one of my HG moisturizers and will be a staple in my skincare routine. Will definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by CyrisJones

I would have never gone out and bought this product on my own accord due to it's price. Fortunately, I got a full size pot for free due to the class action suit against cosmetic companies. I have to be very very careful with moisturizers, my skin breaks out SUPER easily and the only thing I've found so far that doesn't irritate my skin is Olay Regenerist daily serum (love it, I use it right before applying makeup, makes it go on ultra smooth). I've only used this moisturizer for 3 days, and I absolutely love it.

I used it for the first time after using a clay facial mask, to replenish any moisture I may have sucked out, and my skin felt soft and smooth, silky, not greasy AT ALL, and a few hours later, it still felt nourished and wonderful. And it has a very nice light scent to it, made me feel relaxed. I used it the next morning right before putting on my makeup, I love how quickly it absorbs without leaving any greasy or filmy feeling whatsoever on your skin, it feels CLEAN. And I didn't even have to use that much, a couple dabs on the tips of of my fingers. Some people may not like the fact that it comes in a pot, but I hate tubes, you never get all the product out and sometimes you get too much and you can't put it back.

Only real con I see to this product is the price, but for how long it lasts, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

Just got it for free in 30ml bottle. LOVE this moisture very very very much. gonna buy it again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ARiggs

It is the only moisturizer I have used that has resulted in an improvement. My face can not live without this product. I waited a month to get it for Christmas and during the month without, my skin did not look as young and healthy. I will always buy this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I've never actually purchased this product, but seem to always accumulate a ton of them through GWP's. It is touted as extra moisture for the skin, but I find it kind of pointless. I have combination skin, and used alone or with serum underneath, my skin immediately feels dry and tight. Patted atop my regular moisturizer, I don't find that this has any added benefits or any extra "thirst relief" that my normal moisturizer doesn't offer.

I do like the gel texture, but hate the packaging. As others have noted, it is in a jar and quite unsanitary unless you use a spatula.

Overall, I will probably continue to use up my samples just to finish them, but I will not purchase the full-size. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by ilovemysammy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer. My mom has really dry skin and i have oily/acne prone skin and the moisturizer has worked great on both me and my mom-even though our skin types are all over the board!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a few samples of this lying around and after I read on the back that it was oil-free, I decided to give it a try since I've noticed my normal-but-breakout-prone skin was getting a little flaky this winter. Moisturizers weren't helping at all; plus, I am weary of trying heavier moisturizers because they usually are greasy or break me out. I'm happy to say this product is fabulous. It's a clear pink gel-cream that's almost the consistency of a shaving gel. I've been using it for the last few nights after cleansing and it has completely taken care of any flakes and drier areas of my skin without clogging my pores, irritating my skin, or causing a breakout. And it makes my skin feel unbelievably soft and silky. I can't wait to buy a jar of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Gabrielle1924

I got this product as a sample when I bought a foundation from Clinique it was in the summer when my skin normal-slightly oily. At first I was so excited to try this product because I was looking for a moisturizer for winter and decided I would try it when it got cold and my face got super dry. Honestly I hate this product does absolutely nothing for my skin in the winter when it's dry even when I exfoliated before. At first when you put it on your face feels super smooth and soft and I was like wow this is really awesome. But unfortunately that feeling goes away after a minute it's really sad and annoying. I think I will try it again in the summer to see if it will help me with my oilier skin but I'm not so sure. The packaging is great but the product is horrible. The reason I put this as number 2 for price is because when I bought the foundation I got this, some mascara, lipstick, eye makeup remover, loose powder, and a really nice make up bag to put it all in. Over all I don't think I'll be buying this product ever again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very lovely moisturizer for someone w/ oily skin in the winter months. In fact this works more as a primer for my skin during the cold weather. It doesn't require much for me and I only use on my dry areas. This would probably not suit ppl w/ dry skin types though. I don't think it would provide adequate moisture. Also love that it does not contain any frag!