Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

Love love love love this !! I like the gel consistency which is thick but not as thick as a cream and is easy to distribute over the face and easy to absorb. I use it after I wash my face in the morning or back from work, when I'm sitting at my desk feeling dry...very soothing gel to put on and lightweight. Just love it!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my HG moisturizer. I have combination, sensitive, sometimes oily-sometimes flaky skin, and this is the only thing that consistently gives me soft, smooth, matte skin. I love it, love it, love it. I assumed that it would be heavy based on the name, but it's actually light and airy and it sinks in instantly to leave skin feeling like brushed silk.

The only things I would change about it are the packaging and the price, but I love the product itself so much that I'm willing to overlook those.

I use this evey day, in fact twice a day. I can't live with out it. It's the only lotion that has made such a huge difference in my skin. I love that it's oil free and it never breaks me out. I have used other lotions and felt like an oil slick by morning.

on 2/27/2009 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written my review on this yet, seeing that I love it so much and use it almost everyday! My only gripe with this product would only be the jar packaging, I would prefer it in a bottle with a pump, it's okay though, I just make sure I sanitize my hands first. I have dry parts on my face and some oily parts, I'm definitely combo skin, and extremely sensitive, and get hormonal breakouts. This gel like moisturizer just sinks in my skin like silk, and it is so hydrating, it leaves no dry patches on my face whatsoever. It is also very soothing for sunburned faces too. I have bought several jars of this, and even got 2 free ones when the cosmetic lawsuit was going on. I would feel safe to say this is my HG moisturizer. I also put this over top DDMG some days and it gives me extra hydration, I would be so disappointed if this were ever discontinued.

on 2/24/2009 3:21:00 PM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews :(

I love this moisturizer! I don't use it alone, I use it on top of my Olay's foaming moisturizer. It sinks in right away so I could actually apply a thickish layer and it leaves my skin feeling super soft, plump, and moisturized. I prefer gel instead of lotion products so that's a plus. My sister got this for free b/c of the lawsuit but I think I'm going to actually go and purchase one of my own. Regardless of the negative reviews, you should try it!

on 2/19/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! It is great for dry skin!!

on 2/19/2009 12:25:00 AM

I got this for free, at the lawsuit settlement.

But I have really dry skin, especially near the breakouts, so whenever I use this, it doesn't help much, and ends up getting dry and flaky all over again.

It leaves it smooth, but sticky, which is weird, but i guess since it's gel, that might be the case.

I also noticed that little pimples started appearing in my skin, and once i stopped, it was gone.

It might be right for you, but it's not the best for me.

on 2/18/2009 11:10:00 PM

I got this with a GWP and much to my surprise I really like it. I thought it would be too greasy for my skin, but it is not at all. It absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel like velvet. I use it winter, spring and fall (no need in the summer when I use Clinique's DDM gel instead) I use this at night after cleanser, toner and Paula's Choice BHA lotion. My skin looks awesome in the morning. My husband is hooked too! Love it but wish they'd change the packaging...my sample came in a tube, but when you buy the regular size it's in a jar which can be messy, inconvenient and easily contaminated.

on 2/15/2009 5:19:00 PM

This made my cheeks break out in a rash.

on 2/15/2009 4:15:00 PM

I got this product from the consumer class action lawsuit and I was excited to try a clinique moisturizer after so many years of trying various beauty products. I liked it a lot because the texture was very smoothing and made my skin feel like a baby's bottom. However, I had to keep reapplying layers within the same 30 min. of initial application to keep my skin from feeling dry. After I read up reviews and realized that it is meant to be used as a product for problem areas after a real moisturizer, I got really confused on why they even marketed this product so much as a moisturizer.

However, with "age"...yes age, done with school, and dealing with the adult life, my skin had became increasingly and absurdly sensitive (flush easily, red blemishes, sun burn easily, etc). I wanted to go back to something old school-ish like clinique as i had used from the past. It seemed it helped my skin a bit from the redness and smoothness. NOTE:: i used this as a moisturizer over cleansed skin. At night however, I put on a thick layer , let it sink in and then I apply DHC olive oil over it and massage it in. When i wake up, my skin looks very well rested. I'm not sure if i'm using it right, but there is no way the moisture surge could stay on my face after the olive oil application.

In the morning, i rinse my face with water and then i apply layers of the moisture surge if i'm having a lazy day inside the house. And i have had no other problems with the "moisturizer" so I like it right now. However i'm worried about the long term results because It's not a real moisturizer and i'm using it as if it is. So I've yet to find a moisturizer that makes me feel as nice as this clinique one...But for now, I probably would buy again since it makes me feel better than other beauty products that have given me problems.

Popular Moisturizers