Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 3/5/2009 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I, like many of the other reviewers, got this moisturizer for free because of the lawsuit. One of my best friends told me she had used it in the past and that I should get it as my freebie. It is a pretty decent moisturizer. It relieves my face from feeling tight. It can be just a tad sticky though after it is applied. I also fear that it could be causing a few of the little zits that have recently popped up on my face. May not be the greatest pic for acne prone skin. It is one of the best moisturizers I have used thus far. I have confidence I will find something better, though.

on 3/4/2009 10:02:00 PM

I really like the consistency of this cream. It is a little thicker, but spreads so easily that it isn't necessary to use a lot of it. I would buy it again.

Love love love love this !! I like the gel consistency which is thick but not as thick as a cream and is easy to distribute over the face and easy to absorb. I use it after I wash my face in the morning or back from work, when I'm sitting at my desk feeling dry...very soothing gel to put on and lightweight. Just love it!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my HG moisturizer. I have combination, sensitive, sometimes oily-sometimes flaky skin, and this is the only thing that consistently gives me soft, smooth, matte skin. I love it, love it, love it. I assumed that it would be heavy based on the name, but it's actually light and airy and it sinks in instantly to leave skin feeling like brushed silk.

The only things I would change about it are the packaging and the price, but I love the product itself so much that I'm willing to overlook those.

I use this evey day, in fact twice a day. I can't live with out it. It's the only lotion that has made such a huge difference in my skin. I love that it's oil free and it never breaks me out. I have used other lotions and felt like an oil slick by morning.

on 2/27/2009 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written my review on this yet, seeing that I love it so much and use it almost everyday! My only gripe with this product would only be the jar packaging, I would prefer it in a bottle with a pump, it's okay though, I just make sure I sanitize my hands first. I have dry parts on my face and some oily parts, I'm definitely combo skin, and extremely sensitive, and get hormonal breakouts. This gel like moisturizer just sinks in my skin like silk, and it is so hydrating, it leaves no dry patches on my face whatsoever. It is also very soothing for sunburned faces too. I have bought several jars of this, and even got 2 free ones when the cosmetic lawsuit was going on. I would feel safe to say this is my HG moisturizer. I also put this over top DDMG some days and it gives me extra hydration, I would be so disappointed if this were ever discontinued.

on 2/24/2009 3:21:00 PM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews :(

I love this moisturizer! I don't use it alone, I use it on top of my Olay's foaming moisturizer. It sinks in right away so I could actually apply a thickish layer and it leaves my skin feeling super soft, plump, and moisturized. I prefer gel instead of lotion products so that's a plus. My sister got this for free b/c of the lawsuit but I think I'm going to actually go and purchase one of my own. Regardless of the negative reviews, you should try it!

on 2/19/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! It is great for dry skin!!

on 2/19/2009 12:25:00 AM

I got this for free, at the lawsuit settlement.

But I have really dry skin, especially near the breakouts, so whenever I use this, it doesn't help much, and ends up getting dry and flaky all over again.

It leaves it smooth, but sticky, which is weird, but i guess since it's gel, that might be the case.

I also noticed that little pimples started appearing in my skin, and once i stopped, it was gone.

It might be right for you, but it's not the best for me.

on 2/18/2009 11:10:00 PM

I got this with a GWP and much to my surprise I really like it. I thought it would be too greasy for my skin, but it is not at all. It absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel like velvet. I use it winter, spring and fall (no need in the summer when I use Clinique's DDM gel instead) I use this at night after cleanser, toner and Paula's Choice BHA lotion. My skin looks awesome in the morning. My husband is hooked too! Love it but wish they'd change the packaging...my sample came in a tube, but when you buy the regular size it's in a jar which can be messy, inconvenient and easily contaminated.