July 28, 2014 | 1280 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen777

feel obliged to write a review on this.

Some reviews warned that it's NOT a moisturizer...then, what's is it???

well, i guess it depends on how you define "moisturizer", also, what's the outside condition (season, humidity...), and ultimately, your skin condition,

If you believe in what's printed on the box: 24 hours lock-in moisture, then you sure will be disappointed: it DOES NOT. So far, I haven't found anything that can really deliver moisture for 24 hrs.

For my combo, acne prone skin, in hot summer (35C, 50%+ humidity), yes it last the entire day, without clogging the pores; in the fall season, it lasts around 4-5 hrs, have to re-apply mid-day to maintain the same moisture level as at the beginning of the day. In the winter, with the heating, definitely need to put another creme on top, AND reapply every 4 hrs.

If you can keep your expectation realistic and put up with the re-application routine, it's truly a TOP QUALITY "Thirsty Skin Relief" .

I don't know how many gals are out there like me, in the eternal quest for the ultimate cream that would make our skin just look like we are 5, or 15...

At the same time, we forget the most basic, essential need of our skin: WATER, WATER, WATER.

We drink 8 glasses of water every day, why only give our skin one mornng shot of moisturzier, yet expect her to be glowing the rest of our life?

Major complain to Clinique: this stuff is way too expensive, considering we have to apply so generously and frequently in order for this to work - in my case, 1 jar lasts less than a month, and we are only September! - But I do have the most enviable skin in town - despite those little imperfections from time to time:)

2nd complain: seriously, cann't you guys come up with a more hygenic packaging??? - FYI, we are in 2008, not 1958 anymore...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tenchi

after reading the reviews, I got confuse at what this product actual does and how to effectively use it. So I contacted the Clinique consultants and this is what they emailed me back, and would like to share it with everyone:

The purpose ofClinique MOISTURE SURGE EXTENDED THIRST RELIEF is as a unique, versatile, oil-free cream-gel that delivers an immediate, intense moisture boost to your dehydrated skin in addition to your regular moisturizer. Your skin is immediately refreshed and dry fine lines will be less noticeable. It also helps calm and soothe irritated skin.

For the best results, apply Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief after using your Clinique 3-STEP SKIN CARE and other accessory products, including moisturizers, for an immediate boost. It can be applied daily all over your face (avoiding the immediate eye area) and as spot treatment around mouth and neck, crow's feet. It can also be mixed with a bit of your foundation in your hand before applying to give it an additional moisture boost.

Moisture Surge can also be used as an intensive, hydrating mask. To use as a mask, apply all of your skincare products, then apply a generous amount of Moisture Surge. Leave on your skin for 5 minutes, then tissue off. If you are applying makeup immediately afterwards, you may need to wipe your skin with a water-dampened 100% cotton ball before your makeup application.

i've been using it all wrong all along. i've been only using this as my moisturizer and didn't realize this is suppose to go on top of moisturizer. now i use this on top of my dd gel. haven't used it long enough to know the real affect. but so far my skin as been smooth and feels soft.

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MUCH better than dramatically different but its not as moisturizing as it claims to be. i like the texture, but i used this for the first time in bone-dry weather, and my skin was as flaky as ever. (i have combo, acne-prone skin) i found sweet almond oil to be much more effective, and cheaper too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by megs34

Got this product as a GWP. I was really planning on giving it to my mom until i noticed my skin was begining to dry out because of all the acne stuff i was using on my face. It has done wonders..it got rid of all the dry patches from my acne lotions, my skin looks smooth, it sinks right into your skin. I dont really mind that its in a jar but sometimes i feel like i accidently get too much..
anyways this is one of my HG moisturizers..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by zazzle86

I like this product. I hated dramatically different as it didnt do anything for me but this works wonders. I was a bit worried about purchasing it at first as the lady described it as a deep moisturizer that can be used as a mask as I have combination skin I didnt want the oily bits to look shiny but thats not the case. Its really refreshing and light and perfect for both day and night, I would say it was like a thick gel rather than a cream. Before this I used hope in a jar, I really liked what it did for my skin but I hated the smell and the texture it left on my face. This seems to be the perfect solution for it as it has the same effects for my skin but is light on my face and not sticky!! I would recommend this for any skin type. The great thing about it being light as well is you can apply as much as you need.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by hurricane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm the fly in the ointment...I loved moisture surge extra thirsty skin relief. It just worked for me. The new one leaves my skin dry and miserable. After a week of using it morning and night I noticed my face looked parched and was developing dry patches on the cheeks. I think it would still work really well for an oilier skin, but I am quite dry, so unfortunately it is sitting under my sink collecting dust now. I am so disappointed, because I just assumed it would work as well for me as the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This feels so nice on my skin and is a great moisturiser. The packaging is rather unhygenic but the quality of the product redeems itself. The only con is that it has no spf, so I use it at night times instead. The fact that is heavily moisturises your skin WITHOUT being heavy (e.g. Nivea creme is great for dry spots but it feels like a mask) is one of the best factors of this product. Funnily enough, some reviews say this isn't a moisturiser, although I've been using it as one since 15. I don't think it matters, it's just great to hydrate the skin. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by myershms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I had been using the older version for several years and recently tried the new and improved one. I'm in love! Clinique did a fabulous job revamping this product. I use this every morning under my makeup and it provides just enough moisture to get me through the day. I love how light the product is and it's never greasy. This is the perfect daytime moisturizer for my dry/combination (but oil prone in the summer) skin. I do wish they would package this in a tube rather than a jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by brandyalexander

I bought the moisture surge this past winter because my skin was unusually dry and itchy in some places. I prefer gel moisturizers because they absorb quickly and don't clog my pores. I was informed that the moisture surge was a new product so I thought I'd give it a try. It sunk into my skin almost immediately and lasted all day. I had no problems with it clogging my pores. My skin was looking and feeling better in a matter of days. The quantity was more than enough. Thank god for the 24 month shelf life, otherwise half of it would have gone to waste. The packaginf could have been better, though. I'd prefer it to be in a tube, but other than that I think it's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by doof

This was a GWP. It's cooling, soothing and refreshing on my skin. It gives me tiny pimples if I use too much though. But as long as I use it sparingly, it keeps my skin hydrated and fresh! A good moisturiser, but doesn't do great wonders for its price. I've bought the full size to use in summer. It's works fine in summer and I'm little disappointed it's discontinued.