Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 2/6/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I, too, got this as part of the mall lawsuit. It's okay, once I wash it off my skin feels really soft (but really this is the effect that I get from any other moisturizer). I have relatively dry skin, and it still leaves my skin feeling sticky, like I rubbed straight aloe vera gel on it or something. If you want something that sinks into your skin and makes it velvety-soft, this is not the product for you. It stays on the surface and doesn't really do that much. It didn't make me break out, and it was free, hence a 2/5 rating as opposed to 1/5.

on 2/4/2009 11:49:00 AM

I am surprised at the bad reviews for this product. This is my HG night moisturizer, but again I do have combo oily prone skin so I absolutely love the fact that this is a GEL CREAM. It is so light and fluffy adn water based and litrealyl melts intor your skin like a healthy drink of water when you put it on and leaves my skin feeling like smooth silk. For us girls who have combo skin, acne prone, oily, or sensitive this is a must ahve product since it again is completely greaseless unlike many eve light moisturizers (which I have never been able to use sicne they always end up getting greasy on my skin). If you someone who needs a lot of cream moisture then this might be too light for your but I truly feel like it can work for every skin type who likes a very clean moisture feel.

I lvoe this so much I even use it as an eye cream which instantly plumps and leaves my eyes looking great @ night. It ofcourse doesn't have any antiaging benefits (hence why I use a day eye cream with those) but am jsut soo in love with the cool water moisture feel it gives to my face and especiialy my eyes feeling so refreshed (unlike many heavy and silicony fake feeling eye creams).

Try this product you will love it ( I am so glad I got a sample of this in the the mall lawsuit incident recently) otherwise I would have never thought or known this was a gel cream and the only comparable I have ever seen of its kind is the Shu Uemura B-G Reinforcing Gel Cream which is pricier.

I absolutely love this product as a moisturizer for my face =) At first I was skeptical that this was going to grease my face, clog my pores, etc. The product definitely made me a believer and lives up to its product name =) It is not greasy at all. It absorbs fast onto my skin. After I put it on, it makes my face very soft. I love it!

on 2/2/2009 1:13:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! If you cannot tell, I love this product. My skin feels so soft and my lines feel plumped up. I feel mosturized, not greasy at all and it always feels like it is just enought mosture. Not too little, not too much. I wish this came in a body formula! :) I joke to my husband that is my crack. LOL! I do layer this over my Acne Solutions Moist. also from Clinique to keep the acne away.

on 1/31/2009 12:31:00 PM

I love this product. It feels so good on my skin and keeps it moist all day. I use it under makep and have even used it over makeup to refresh it during the day. It creates a wonderful base for my foundation and just feels great! I will definetely purchase again.

on 1/30/2009 11:22:00 PM

I was a little surprised to read about negative reviews on this product. I really like it! After you apply it, it gives an instant silky touch feel to your face, which I love. My skin is more on the oily side so I need a lot of moisture but not oil. And I think this product serves me very nicely.

I haven't noticed any breakouts yet. I have been using it for like 2 weeks. I am almost out of my gift-size sample and am planning on getting a normal-size one tomorrow.

on 1/30/2009 11:01:00 PM

it feels nice. that's about it. this product broke me out... and i have VERY unsensitive skin. it takes a lot to break me out and this product did. it did not do its job of moisturizing well AT ALL. gross and an absolute waste of money.

ps. i am 20 years old and have a very very clear asian complexion. take my advice and DONT waste a cent on this.

on 1/30/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a weird product. I really like the consistency - it is a light gel that spreads evenly. I love the way it feels while its spreading over your face because it sort of feels like a light yogurt. It gives my skin a silky matte feel. The reason why I did'nt give it a great score is because as soon as I get in the shower, my face feels slimy and it comes right off. This tells me that the products just sits on my face all day and doesn't really soak though the layers of my skin.

on 1/30/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in during a promotion that clinique was having, buy any product and get a "gift bag" for $25. It came with this lotion, an e/s palette, mascara, scrub, blush and a hair blush. I love everything that it came with, especially this cream. I only use on spots where i tend to get dry skin (around my lips and cheeks) and its wonderful! I don't want to run out because it's expensive but i would buy again in a heart beat.

on 1/30/2009 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this product because I am on Retin-A and my face is dry and flaking badly. Every other moisturizer I tried burned on contact but this is soothing and feels wonderful. No bad reaction, breakouts or problems at all. My skin even looks softer and plump in the morning when I get up. Great product!