September 2, 2014 | 1879 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Other reviewers' comments describe Boi-ing as being too creamy which makes me wonder if I've got a bad batch or whether the formulation has changed because it's quite dry in look and feel now. I have skin on the dry side and I need to swirl the concealer around in the pan a bit to warm it up before applying. Fortunately, it doesn't make my skin look dry or crepey. As I don't like the feeling of makeup or anything on my skin, I think this could be largely why Boing is easier for me to wear as its relatively dry formulation is not fussy or sticky to use, and I can be quite slapdash in my application of it. It covers my redness, dark circles and blemishes reasonably well (not completely for my problematic undereye circles), is easily blended, and stays on most of the day without slipping or creasing once powdered over.

Unfortunately, it's very unforgiving on dry, flaky skin and also has a tendency to collect in the lines under my eyes. The colour selection is really poor as well. I have the medium 02 which is far too peach for my skintone. It blends out, but it's still obviously not a good match. I'm also disappointed that the packaging has gone backwards from a flip-top with a mirror to a screw-top with no mirror. I guess this means I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by fleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product USED to be amazing! not too dry, and would cover virtually any blemish, but since then they have changed the packaging (now screw-top with no mirror) AND the product (much more dry and cakey now). This was such a disappointment to me as i loved the old product. one of the benefit girls did tell me that if you buy the 'realness of concealness' set it still has the old product in it though! worth a try next time!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by KHarrison10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer on the recommendation of the Sephora girl. I need something to correct severe melasma brought on by a chemotherapy drug. I've found that most Benefit products have cute names and cute packaging but not much else. This product exceeded my expectations.

It does a fine job of covering the melasma on my cheeks and that's why I gave it a three BUT it is not the right thing to use under my eyes and that's also why I gave it a three.

I have very dry skin with fine lines around my eyes. I find this settles into the fine lines making them more noticeable. I've tried warming it, I've tried using it "cold". Doesn't make a difference when it comes to using under my eyes. I think if you are young with nice strong skin then this would work under the eyes. But if you are older with skin that isn't, well, young, then I would be careful about purchasing this for under the eyes.

However, it's great for everywhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by krisgauntt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About 2 years ago, my friend recommended this product to me, and I have been using it ever since! I have dark circles under my eyes and it's the only product that I have been able to find that will mask those circles without leaving those "wrinkle lines" in the make-up after I am done smiling. It's great for coverage for blemish spots, etc. It's a pretty small container, so you can easily take it with you on the go. I've tried many concealers over the years and have always been disappointed, and then I tried Boi-ing. I keep Boi-ing in my car, at work, my purse, and in my coat pocket. I just love it. Try it at any Macy's counter or at Sephora first just to make sure you love it as much as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by SwtxSeri

I have Boi-ing in shade 2 and it is a great concealer that helps conceal my under-eye and blemishes very well. A little goes a long ways and by applying the concealer after my foundation I am able to blend it easier with the foundation to make it look more cohesive with my whole face instead of patches everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kexin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is fabulous. I have it in 02. For reference, I am NW20. The trick with this concealer is to use MAC #188 brush to buff it (ever so gently) in. It covers under eye circles like a dream. It does not settle into under eye creases, and it stays ALL day! I use it under eyes, along side nose and on chin and forgo foundation on minimal make up days. This looks dark in the pan, but it someone matches my rather pale skin!
I am so glad I ignored the negative reviews on this product. I love this more than I love erase paste!!! I would not repurchase erase paste, but definitely will be repurchasing Boi-ing,

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally am unhappy with my concearlers because they do not last for very long (typically only 2 hours) then I need to reapply. This lasts at least til noon. Great for redness and pimples. It doesn't work well for eye rings (does not glide on very well).

I've been using it for several months and it has never made me break out. And I can apply it over pimples and it doesn't make them worse or cake like most concealers.

A tip to applying it is warming up the concealer. The package suggests rubbing it between your hands but I put it in my jeans pocket for about 10 minutes before applying instead. By warming up the formula, it glides on a lot easier.

*Update*
I changed it from 4 lippies to 5. I officially love this concealer. I have been using it for over 9 months almost everyday and it still looks like i just bought it so it lasts for ages. Also I have found that the best way to apply it (after warming it up) is to put it on after your moisturizer has dried and then adding a layer of powder (I use Clinique) to make it stay in place. It is incredibly long lasting this way (by itself it lasts for hours too, which doesn't usually happen on my skin).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay. BeneFit is really making a come-back in my makeup aresenal after the whole Bad Gal eyeliner and mascara debacle of 2006 (i hated those items). But I decided to try this is the darkest shade and it is still light, but for a concealer it is perfect to hide all imperfections. Itstays and stays, ladies. I was quite surprised, in all honesty becasue I feel like BeneFit is very gimmicky. However, I am pleased and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An excellent concealor, will cover ANYTHING...spots, under eye circles and uneven skin tone. Slightly expensive but in my opinion, you get what you pay for. Always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lila88

I love boing! I have it in 02 and I use it every single day. It is too thick to wear under your eye but works really well on blemishes and red spots. Mine already has a huge dip in the middle which is much more than any other of my concealors that I have owned for much longer. I will continue to bug this product and I am very happy using it.