Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 7/24/2008 9:22:00 AM

This has been a staple for many years as one of the few products that doesn't generally irritate my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, and it's not full of all sorts of bad chemicals like most products.
However, the cons:
(1) I can't use it as a moisturizer on my forehead because by afternoon, it will have worked its way down into my eyes and caused stinging and redness.
(2) To avoid clogging pores (it's a wax-type substance) and causing breakouts, I have to carefully use it in very small doses.
(3) It seems to cause powder put on top of it to clot up or just generally not go on well.

Oh well. The search continues.

on 7/22/2008 9:03:00 PM

I love this stuff soo much. I began using it on recommendation from this board and its positively fantastic.My face is silky and fine lines I started getting are no longer visible. I use this every night and vitamin E cream everyday. I got it for 8 bucks at a health food store and its lasted me months as I only need a little drop to do my entire face and decollate'. I use it around my eyes and sparingly on my eye lids as sometimes oils tend to fog up my eyes. I even had adult acne occasionally and it helped that . This stuff is closest to your skins oil that is naturally produced .It helps also after a facial ,it keeps the itchiness down at least it does for me.

on 7/21/2008 9:28:00 PM

I'm kind of on the fence about this one...I'm almost done with my first bottle, (took six months to finish it off with regular application) and I figured it was time for a review.
I tried this multiple ways. I used it on my face for awhile as a moisturizer, experimented with different amounts, and wasn't impressed. It didn't break me out, but I didn't experience that oil-balancing crap that everyone talks about- your brain isn't going to magically stop sebum production because you put a wax ester that mimics it on your face, duh. And I didn't find it to be particularly moisturizing, either. In fact, my face stayed flaky, and I began to long for petrolatum-based creams.
It did, however, become my new favorite thing to remove mascara, as well as an oil for insta-sexy legs. I also use a few drops as a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic leave-in conditioner.
I will purchase again, because one bottle lasts forever, and it has a million and one uses, but I don't recommend it as a moisturizer for people who have very dry skin.

on 7/19/2008 8:58:00 PM

Okay - I think I can safely review this since I've been using it for about a month and a half now. And all I can say is . . . WOW!! This stuff truly is liquid gold, as other reviewers have said. I have been battling acne since I was about 19 (now 26), and I have tried many many products to keep it under control. However, I have never found a decent solution . . . until now! I can't say enough good things about jojoba oil - it is the best moisturizer I've ever used and also keeps me from getting shiney/oily. I use it morning and night - in the morning I use DE Daily Facial Moisturizer (with jojoba and aloe) and add an extra drop of pure jojoba and one of tea tree oil. At night I use jojoba to "pre-cleanse" and then moisturize with pure jojoba and tea tree oil (only jojoba around eyes). My skin looks so much healthier and more glowy than it has in years! Plus - the breakous are almost completely gone!! I bought a dropper bottle and fill it from the DE bottle - much easier to control that way. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS STUFF!!

on 7/15/2008 6:11:00 PM

Great product for spot treatment. Dont use too often, as this is a drying product but works wonders on blemishes. Clears you right up. The smell is strong, but it is def. worth it.

on 7/14/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've used this on my hair as an oil treatment before washing, and to tame flyaways on dry hair. It washes out easily, and leaves hair manageable. I needed something heavier for my frizzies, and so now I prefer shea butter instead.

on 7/11/2008 6:11:00 PM

I like this stuff a lot. I was just curious if anyone has tried this mixed with pure tea tree oil?? does it work??

I can't say enough good things about this stuff. My birth control has recently caused my skin to become extremely dry, to the point where I can't put foundation on without becoming a flaky mess. I used about every moisturizer under the sun, but my flakes would still be there. Desperate, I started using jojoba oil, and I haven't turned back. This leaves my skin soft and supple, and it gets rid of all my flakes. I can actually wear make up now! Best of all, jojoba oil doesn't clog pores! It's a wax ester that mimics the natural oil balance of your skin. I also use jojoba oil for shaving. My legs are legs more silky smooth than ever! It's just downright amazing. I'll never use anything else.

This is pretty perfect. A few drops on my skin and the flakiness is gone. A few drops in my hair and its soft and shiny. I've pretty much thrown away all of my other hair serums (they made me break out anyway). My hair looks so much better with this stuff and its pretty amazing for me to find something that doesn't cause me to break out. :)

on 7/8/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love jojoba oil. I've had acne for a few months now and have difficulty trying to maintain my skin's balance. My skin is not oily or dry either but when I wash it (even with just water), it feels too tight/dryish. I've been searching for a moisturizer in hopes to help with any dryness and every single moisturizer either still left my face dry or did not absorb thus making it greasy. Jojoba oil is my first oil that I applied to my face. It didn't help clear my acne and is no miracle product on my skin, but it does a great job at moisturizing, which is what I was looking for! I've also mixed it with some other oils to make my own moisturizer and I'm never going back to cream moisturizers again. These oils absorb well into the skin, make the skin supple and more balanced.

It's also great for hair. Put a few drops in after you get out of the shower and your will hair will be very soft (only a few drops seriously, otherwise your hair will be oily).

Popular Moisturizers