Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 7/19/2008 8:58:00 PM

Okay - I think I can safely review this since I've been using it for about a month and a half now. And all I can say is . . . WOW!! This stuff truly is liquid gold, as other reviewers have said. I have been battling acne since I was about 19 (now 26), and I have tried many many products to keep it under control. However, I have never found a decent solution . . . until now! I can't say enough good things about jojoba oil - it is the best moisturizer I've ever used and also keeps me from getting shiney/oily. I use it morning and night - in the morning I use DE Daily Facial Moisturizer (with jojoba and aloe) and add an extra drop of pure jojoba and one of tea tree oil. At night I use jojoba to "pre-cleanse" and then moisturize with pure jojoba and tea tree oil (only jojoba around eyes). My skin looks so much healthier and more glowy than it has in years! Plus - the breakous are almost completely gone!! I bought a dropper bottle and fill it from the DE bottle - much easier to control that way. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS STUFF!!

on 7/15/2008 6:11:00 PM

Great product for spot treatment. Dont use too often, as this is a drying product but works wonders on blemishes. Clears you right up. The smell is strong, but it is def. worth it.

on 7/14/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've used this on my hair as an oil treatment before washing, and to tame flyaways on dry hair. It washes out easily, and leaves hair manageable. I needed something heavier for my frizzies, and so now I prefer shea butter instead.

on 7/11/2008 6:11:00 PM

I like this stuff a lot. I was just curious if anyone has tried this mixed with pure tea tree oil?? does it work??

I can't say enough good things about this stuff. My birth control has recently caused my skin to become extremely dry, to the point where I can't put foundation on without becoming a flaky mess. I used about every moisturizer under the sun, but my flakes would still be there. Desperate, I started using jojoba oil, and I haven't turned back. This leaves my skin soft and supple, and it gets rid of all my flakes. I can actually wear make up now! Best of all, jojoba oil doesn't clog pores! It's a wax ester that mimics the natural oil balance of your skin. I also use jojoba oil for shaving. My legs are legs more silky smooth than ever! It's just downright amazing. I'll never use anything else.

This is pretty perfect. A few drops on my skin and the flakiness is gone. A few drops in my hair and its soft and shiny. I've pretty much thrown away all of my other hair serums (they made me break out anyway). My hair looks so much better with this stuff and its pretty amazing for me to find something that doesn't cause me to break out. :)

on 7/8/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love jojoba oil. I've had acne for a few months now and have difficulty trying to maintain my skin's balance. My skin is not oily or dry either but when I wash it (even with just water), it feels too tight/dryish. I've been searching for a moisturizer in hopes to help with any dryness and every single moisturizer either still left my face dry or did not absorb thus making it greasy. Jojoba oil is my first oil that I applied to my face. It didn't help clear my acne and is no miracle product on my skin, but it does a great job at moisturizing, which is what I was looking for! I've also mixed it with some other oils to make my own moisturizer and I'm never going back to cream moisturizers again. These oils absorb well into the skin, make the skin supple and more balanced.

It's also great for hair. Put a few drops in after you get out of the shower and your will hair will be very soft (only a few drops seriously, otherwise your hair will be oily).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh, jojoba, my darling. Got this at Trader Joe's... it was around $9 for a 4oz bottle. At the time I thought that was ridiculously expensive - now I know better. It's many months later and the bottle is 3/4 full. This with daily use!

I use a few drops on my fingertips to massage into my lashes to take off my make up. I also use it all over my face to take my sunscreen off. A few drops is all it takes, seriously. I also like it as a lash conditioner. It doesn't have a noticeable scent and I find it moderately moisturizing (I have dry, non-sensitive, non-acne prone skin). I can't compare this to other brands since it's the first one I've tried, but to be honest, I will repurchase Desert Essence when I run out. In 2010.

on 7/2/2008 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm 61 with dry red sensitive skin and about nuts trying to find a good moisturizer that does the job without making me redder. So I tried the jojoba and it does absorb after a few minutes. Leaves my skin softer, not redder or irritated at all. after I let it on a few minutes, my makeup went on smoothly too. I will write back and let you know if it breaks me out after a week or so of using.
Update Update Update

My skin started to itch after using the jojoba for a few days, and dry patches came back. I am going to try Cetaphil next.

Did not like Cetaphil. Also, it has parabens. Now I use St. Ives Collagen/Elastin facial moisturizer with one or two drops of almond oil mixed into it in my palm when applying. If your skin is not dry, you won't need the extra almond oil.

on 6/30/2008 6:08:00 PM

I have been waiting to review this product until I had a routine down that was perfect and well, after 3 bottles I think I have this down to a science. I have had very, very bad skin. Forever. So bad that I have taken Accutane twice and most recently tried spiro and retin-a. Nothing worked to completely clear me up. Then I read about Jojoba here, googled it, and went that day to Trader Joes. I will never be without this product. Hands down, this has completely changed my skin. Even hormonal breakouts are a distant memory.

So here is the thing. I started out just using it as a nighttime moisturizer and things improved, but I was still breaking out. It wasn't until I decided to get super simple that I cleared up completely. I use jojoba as my only cleanser and moisturizer both morning and night. At night, I apply generously and wash it all off once (sometimes using a washcloth to steam it off) and then put another generous coat on and leave it on. In the morning, I put another generous coat on and then wash it off until I can feel a slight film of it.

I finish up with sunscreen (Sofina lucent -which can be drying, so this is the perfect counterbalance) and SKII airtouch spray on foundation (love it!) and I can honestly say that my skin has never looked better. I just wish I had known about this years ago. Why don't dermatologists recommend this stuff?!?