Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

A relative mine has been using this in the morning as a moisturizer and her skin is looking so smooth and even! She said not only can she tell a difference in her skin, her makeup goes on smoother as well.

I used it for a while to take off makeup. In my experience, you cannot take makeup off only with jojoba oil because it doesn't turn milky or anything when water mixes with it. I stopped using it to take off my makeup because my face started to dry out from it (AND I HAVE OILY SKIN!!! It was one of the rare times my face has ever dried out and it was in July!). Now after seeing my relative's face after continued use I might go back to using it as a moisturizer in the morning.

It works nicely for the hands and cuticles too!

I started doing OCM with pure jojoba, and it totally got rid of my blackheads and shrank my pores a bit, which was exactly what I desired. Not to mention it gets every lick of makeup off my face-- mascara and fluidline included! However, it seemed to dry me out a bit. Which was a sort of welcome change from my greasebucket mug, but what I was really aiming for was somewhere in the middle :P
So, I have been doing a ratio of Jojoba to Sweet Almond Oil. It seemed to have given me a nice equilibrium, but now I'm breaking out a bit on my lower cheek/jaw area, which has never been a problem area for me, even during puberty! Pretty exasperating. But, since it's the only thing that has taken care of my blackheads, I'm going to keep messing with the formula until I find the right one. The weird acne patches may just be from this ridiculous humid summer we're having, so I'm going to stick with it. I have faith!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just purchase the "regular" jojoba oil, not the organic version. Either way, it works wonders on the skin! I love how it moisturizes without being sticky or slick. It's also a wonderful base oil for the Oil Cleansing Method, as well as an after-shower oil (you can mix in drops of aromatherapy oils for your personalized scent). Jojoba is a staple of my beauty regime, and since it mimics the skin's natural oils, it doesn't break me out. In fact, it improved my complexion greatly without aggravating my face. No animal ingredients or testing, and all-natural. Love it!

UPDATE: Jojoba oil makes me break out :(. It doesn't sting my face or anything, but I've noticed a consistent pattern with using jojoba oil and clogged bumps/blackheads. *sigh. This still makes a great makeup remover though!
******************************
I have extremely sensitive and dry skin from using Retin A on my face and retinol around my eye. The more I use these products, the more sensitive my skin becomes to random ingredients in most moisturizers - ie fragrance and whatnot. Even Cetaphil creme was not compatible with my skin! But a friend highly recommended this oil (from Trader Joe's) to me and I thought why not. I've been using it for two weeks and it's amazing! It has united the best of both worlds. I now have clear blemish-free skin from Retin A without suffering the irritation and dryness. I use the Retin A 4 days a week at night and on the other nights I wear a mask of jojoba oil mixed with pure (natural) vitamine E. It's super sticky and somewhat smelly, but hey it works! I also use this oil as a deep oil cleanser to remove makeup and etc. before using my regular cleanser every night. I love love love jojoba oil!

Ok I've waited long enough before reviewing this product. I tried this oil on my face and I am not impressed. My skin is probably too oily to handle oil for cleansing and moisturizing. I tried this on my hair and it's amazing. I've damaged my hair by perming, coloring, relaxing it over the past 5 years. Nothing, no conditioning ever come close to how soft and shiny my hair became after mixing it with regular conditioner. I also used to as leave it conditioner sometimes and it works just as well too! I will keep buying this product and stop going to salons for hair treatments because it's such a waste of my time and money.

UPDATE: I've also been using this as makeup remover at night. I rub this all over my dry face and use a warm wet towel to wipe my makeup off. It's amazing! Pond's cold cream can clogged my pores sometimes but jojoba oil never ....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i can honestly say that i would not be able to have as beautiful skin as i do without this product. atfirst, i was told to use this as a moisturizer after cleansing. but i found that it really didnt do much for me and maybe made my black heads a little worse. so then i tried it as an eye makeup remover which worked like a charm. i used to use neutrogena eye makeup remover but then i found my eyelids getting extremely dry to the point where you could actually see the flaking skin. when i use jojoba oil, my eye lids are beautifully moisturized and the dry skin around my eye area is no longer a problem. one day, i decided to get a little creative and mix it with one of my very drying cleansers. GENIUS idea people. now, not only am i able to use a product that i wasnt able to use before w.o removing every oil off my skin, but now that i mix it with my lovely jojoba, my skin is soft, clear, and i now have the freedom to use whatever cleanser i desire. every cleanser is too drying for my sensitive skin and that factor is no longer a problem thanks to jojoba oil=) i reccomend this product and that idea to everyone.

It took me a while to get used to jojoba oil. I purchased it at Trader Joe's for about $7 due to the rave reviews on here, and for the first week I hated it. My pores were clogging and my face was oilier than ever (I use it as a moisturizer). After taking someone's advice, however, I'm experiencing much better results. I take 1-2 drops of it, rub my palms together to warm it up -- and mostly to just evenly distribute the oil, sometimes moisturize my elbows first if I decanted too much oil, and then press my palms on my face. My cheeks feel very silky afterward. My skin isn't terribly dry, so by using just a tiny bit I can keep my face moisturized :).

This has been a staple for many years as one of the few products that doesn't generally irritate my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, and it's not full of all sorts of bad chemicals like most products.
However, the cons:
(1) I can't use it as a moisturizer on my forehead because by afternoon, it will have worked its way down into my eyes and caused stinging and redness.
(2) To avoid clogging pores (it's a wax-type substance) and causing breakouts, I have to carefully use it in very small doses.
(3) It seems to cause powder put on top of it to clot up or just generally not go on well.

Oh well. The search continues.

I love this stuff soo much. I began using it on recommendation from this board and its positively fantastic.My face is silky and fine lines I started getting are no longer visible. I use this every night and vitamin E cream everyday. I got it for 8 bucks at a health food store and its lasted me months as I only need a little drop to do my entire face and decollate'. I use it around my eyes and sparingly on my eye lids as sometimes oils tend to fog up my eyes. I even had adult acne occasionally and it helped that . This stuff is closest to your skins oil that is naturally produced .It helps also after a facial ,it keeps the itchiness down at least it does for me.

I'm kind of on the fence about this one...I'm almost done with my first bottle, (took six months to finish it off with regular application) and I figured it was time for a review.
I tried this multiple ways. I used it on my face for awhile as a moisturizer, experimented with different amounts, and wasn't impressed. It didn't break me out, but I didn't experience that oil-balancing crap that everyone talks about- your brain isn't going to magically stop sebum production because you put a wax ester that mimics it on your face, duh. And I didn't find it to be particularly moisturizing, either. In fact, my face stayed flaky, and I began to long for petrolatum-based creams.
It did, however, become my new favorite thing to remove mascara, as well as an oil for insta-sexy legs. I also use a few drops as a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic leave-in conditioner.
I will purchase again, because one bottle lasts forever, and it has a million and one uses, but I don't recommend it as a moisturizer for people who have very dry skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials