Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was not the moisturizer for me. I broke out into blackheads all thru my t-zone and chin Non-comeodgenic-- my @ss! This was very quickly after I applied it. I'm back to Olay till I find something better. Why can't someone make a moisturizer that actually does what it's supposed to do for me? LOL!

on 7/5/2009 5:41:00 PM

I have never had a moisturizer break me out so badly or so quickly as this one. So many posters say there is nothing in it to clog pores, but my skin doesn't agree with something in it. It felt greasy and sticky on me (I used a TINY amount). I have very sensitive skin and although it didn't sting, it just didn't work for me.

on 7/3/2009 7:27:00 PM

This and Complex 15 are the only moisturizers I will let touch my face. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand people's quest for an HG moisturizer because these two products cover all the important bases.

Most importantly, I have never had any reaction to them because... they are so non-reactive! There are no scary ingredients. There is no fragrance. No spf. No botanicals. No added vitamins. So it doesn't multitask as anti-aging or give you some shoddy sun protection-- so what? It keeps you moist. It moisturizers. And it does it darn well.

After cleansing in the morning I use dabs of it or some lighter Complex 15 (depending on what I used to cleanse or what treatments I may be doing at the time) and over those, sunscreen and then primer and makeup.

Although I am acne prone (genetic) this cream has never contributed to breakouts.

The greasy feel might result if you use too much all over your face, or if your SS isn't mattifying, or if you claim greasiness before letting it actually sink in.

At any rate, I am never without this tub (carry a little container in my purse, too) and never even think about moisturizers. Haven't in years.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I use this to remove eye makeup-- it smooths off in a couple of swipes of a cotton pad and moisturizes the eye area at the same time. There's no need to buy special removers when I've got this miracle in a tub.

on 6/20/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my FAVORITE moisturizing body cream!!! I have sensitive skin and will often be irritated from the regular drugstore lotions. However, Cetaphil does a body good!! There's no scent (which I love because I occassionally wear perfume), has a good creamy texture, and just rubs on my skin sooo smoothly!! If you're like me where I get all itchy if I don't lotion up immediately after a shower/bath, then I highly recommend this product. I faithfully use this product daily for the past years and nothing compares to it!!!! I just love it love it love it!!!!!!! Great year-round!

This is the only cream that got me through the horrible winter.
I have pretty dry cheeks and around the nose area. Even though it is summer now, and my dry patches have gone, i still use this every night, and it leaves my skin silky smooth when i wake up. i usually just apply a very thin layer after cleansing my face at night. i would def. recommend this, however I am really hating the design of this tub.
I do not like dipping my fingers in there.
BTW, i have dry sensitive skin and this did not break me out.

on 6/19/2009 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After struggling for years with horribly dry, flaking skin as well as blackheads and blemishes, this has been the only product that really works and never lets me down. I can actually wear makeup without having noticible dry patches, and go without makeup with confidence. i don't feel the need to exfoliate as aggressively as I used to since my visible flaking is gone if I use this daily.

It's not greasy, absorbs quickly and leaves no shine. There's no fragrance to irritate my sensitive skin or nose. My dermatologist also told me that it was developed by a drug company that wanted a product that doesn't interact with their prescriptions, so it's chemically inert.

I feel I've literally tried everything, except the very highest end, expensive, luxury brand moisturizers such as La Mer. Drug store products, department store products and the oil cleansing method always disappointed me. I'm so pleased this is widely available, and affordable. If you have horribly dry, out-of-control skin, you really should give this a chance. At least try it as a night cream, and really massage it in. It may look quite heavy, but it sinks right in and relieves that embarrassing, painful dryness while protecting against the elements and leaving you with a conditioned surface for your makeup.

on 6/18/2009 7:48:00 PM

I buy this in the huge pump bottle because I go through alot. This stuff is my savior when it comes to dry skin on my face. It does not break me out and it mouisturizes very well. I have very dry skin on my face and this has cured it. For 3 years I searched for something thick enough to moiusturize my skin and this winter while in sams club I happened to stop by this stuff and thought what the heck might as well give it a shot and wham bam it worked. No dry skin for me anymore!

on 6/18/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have EXTREMELY dry skin on my cheeks and undereyes, while having a somewhat oily T-Zone area. I was using Clinique Superdefense Moisturizer but when they changed their formula, I felt that it was too water-y for me and wasn't moisturizing as much as I would have liked.

I LOVE how Cetaphil moisturizer is creamy at first, but it isn't too 'heavy' on my skin. It makes my skin so soft and it feels very moist without feeling greasy.

The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging, as it is not very hygienic. But for the results and the price (I paid less than 10 dollars for this, compared to my Clinique moisturizer which cost me more than 40 bucks), I can't complain.

on 6/16/2009 11:03:00 PM

Fantastic body cream.

This has the thickness of a cream and leaves my skin softer and more moisturized than other lotions I've tried. It has not caused any body breakouts, and is gentle enough that I can apply directly after shaving.

But I don't like having to stick my fingers into the tub and find I am less likely to use this than a body lotion.

on 6/14/2009 1:15:00 PM

Does help face when areas get dry, but looks greasy. Very nice on body, i.e. legs. However, shea butter works just as well, and its ingredient worries me less than cetaphil's (what's in a fragrance anyway?).

Popular Moisturizers