Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 5/2/2009 9:07:00 PM

Best cream for my severly dry legs. The only thing that will keep them moisturized the whole day.

on 4/29/2009 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG body cream. I never use it on my face so I can't speak to that. My face is super oily but my body is DRY, I also have extremely sensitive skin and mild excema on my hands and elbows. The cream is really thick but it soaks it right away and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I have tried, literally, every drugstore body cream, and none of them work for me like this one. This makes my skin supple and doesn't have any weird perfumy smell to it. I dont love having to dip into the jar, but I think it would be hard to have this in a pump because of the consistency. I usually find this in drugstores for around $13, but you can get it at Costco for cheaper and they also run a coupon on it from time to time. And it lasts a long time, the jar is huge!
PS. The knock off brands of this one are not the same. I have tried the Kmart &Walgreens one.

on 4/28/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use retin A cream so have always had problems with dryness, and this has worked great. I didn't like it at first because it left a sheen on my face, so I wiped it off with a damp washcloth, patted my face dry and then applied my makeup and my skin looked wonderful. No dryness or shine. Wiping it off left just the right amount of moisture on my skin, so now that is my usual routine.

on 4/26/2009 12:09:00 PM

The older I get, the more sensitive my skin has become. So I try to use natural hand cremes and lotions on my body as much as I can, but for some reason I notice they give me hives and red blotchiness. The only moisturizers I can use are shea butter, but that evaporates quickly on my skin so I decided to try Cetaphil which was recommended to me by my dermotologist and it is the best hand and body cream I've ever used! It dries quickly when you apply it, it's fragrance free and it soothes redness and heals my skin. It also doesn't wash easily, which is a plus.

on 4/25/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As much as I wanted to use only natural products on my body, this is the only cream the soothes my dry, itchy legs. For some reason, this winter I started getting these dry, itchy places on my legs that drove me crazy and constantly stayed red and bumpy. I tried all kinds of skin butters (mango, shea, coco) and other lotions and nothing helped. I tried this, and within a couple of days it was gone. After I ran out of the first tub, I went a couple of weeks without it, and the same thing happened...dry, itchy legs. Bought this again, and now I'm fine. Obviously this stuff is really good for sensitive skin and it seems as though I can't be without it. I only wish that there was a large size available in a pump bottle or a larger tube as the tub isn't very sanitary.

This moisturizer clogged my pores and made my skin super oily by the end of the day. I wish it came in a dispenser bottle. I really don't recommend this to people with oily skin.

on 4/24/2009 11:49:00 PM

I got this in the smaller tube and was hesitant because I thought it might be too heavy. I first tried the Advanced Hydrating Lotion which is fairly light and spreads easily. I haven't used this on my face yet, but I'm sure it will be great for the winter months and if it is too heavy, it will go in my purse as a portable hand lotion. I only gave it a four lippie, due to the heavier consistency which I am not a fan of, but on those skin peel occasions I'm sure I will love it. For now, I prefer the lighter lotion.

on 4/22/2009 9:05:00 PM

I like this product for the most part. it mousterizes my skin, evens out my complexion, and dosnt irritate it or clog my pores. the only reason i took a lippie off was because it leaves my skin a little oily but its fine if i just dab it off with some toilet paper. i bought this because the ceptiphal cleanser works great on me and i like useing the same brands if i find a product that i like, and products from the same brand generally work better when u use them at the same time.

on 4/20/2009 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this moisturizer! I'm an esthetician in a dermatology office and I swear by this. Affordable price for a very large amount of product. One of the only body moisturizers I've ever repurchased personally. After TCA peels, nothing beats this product. I give patients this and the gentle skin cleanser samples to use for aftercare. I will rec this to everyone for body, and to everyone except severe acne patients for the face. Just plain thick moisturizer. I give out so many samples of this that the product rep suggested I buy Galderma stock :)

on 4/19/2009 3:42:00 PM

Does what it claims: moisturizes, and that very well too! It is very very hydrating and perfect for people with dry skin. I, even though I have combination / oily skin find this rich cream does not clog my pores or cause breakouts. It can, however, leave a slight sheen on your face. So, while this cream doesn't contain any extraordinary revolutionizing ingredients that will change your skin, it is a very good, all-around moisturizing cream.