January 26, 2015 | 1921 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by peacecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted a heavy duty, not greasy moisturizer for my winter dry face. I decided to give this a try and have been very pleased. The cream absorbs instantly and leaves my face soft and moisturized. I've tried the Cetaphil lotion as well but was very disappointed. It left my skin greasy and irritated. Just the opposite of what I would have expected. The cream is definitely a keeper for the dry winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't want to try or like this product. But my face was soooo dry and flaky, even aquaphor and such wasn't working. I needed something to hydrate, yet not clog my pores. Something simple. I heard many raves about Cetaphil, so I went to CVS and got the smallest bottle to give it a try. Day 2 of my red, flaking, dry face...Cetaphil has completely moisturized it! My face feels less ashy and hydrated, and so far no clogged pores. I'm going to keep putting this stuff on until my face is back to normal. And will update......

Ok update: Face has completely went back to normal. No more dryness. I continue to use Cetaphil anyway and it keeps it hydrated but not oily. YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I did not always like this product. In fact, I was sadly considering throwing it away, because shipping for a swap would be too expensive (and this packaging is kind of unhygienic for a swap, too). But let me tell you a bit more. I bought this for my face, and hated it. It made my poor face greasy, oily, and it felt heavy and like it was clogging my pores. So, I stopped using it and it sat under the sink for months, with the other "limbo" products I am not sure about. Then, I started taking care of my hands, nails and cuticles. Since my feet have always been dry to the point of cracking and scratching myself and my poor husband, I decided to take care of my feet too, and applied some hand moisturizer to it. It helped... a little. I had still not connected the dots! Then, tired of that huge tub under the sink doing nothing, I went to throw it out and it clicked! This was quite moisturizing, in fact too much! Why not try it on my feet? Well, I did, and voila! Instant improvement. I have been putting this on every night before bed, and putting my socks on right after... And 4 days later - yes - 4 days! My feet are SOFT!!!! Yay! No more wasting hand creams, and throwing $10 in the trash! Now I am using this on my hands every night and morning. I'll try to update if I see a big difference... But yeah. I don't think I'll be without it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nin6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is the best I found so far for winer dry skin, but no HG. I am going to try Kiss My Face Olive and Aloe- heard good things. I wonder if they changed the formula on this, because I have a new tube that smells awful- like burnt plastic or rubber. My old one smelled fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by jamie_2101

This is one of the best basic moisturizer in the market. Why so? Well, it moisturizes! The dry patches that were on my face have gone, and little to no breakouts have occur. (Although I'm pretty sure if this was used daily without exfoliation, there may be a larger chance of getting breakouts)

I used this in the daytime for under makeup. For one, because this is so creamy, it leaves the skin very, very moisturized that when there's foundation on, the dry patches are no longer empathized by the makeup. However, it may seem to be very oily, but, if you put on some loose powder in the end, the makeup looks close to flawless (I have some red/brown marks from before, and I blame midterms and finals :P )

At night, I use this after I put on Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Cream. This leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized in the morning. (After washing the dead skin on top of my face :P )

Pros: Very good product, has generous amount of cream for the price

Cons: Big tube is a bit annoying to use and carry around (where I would transfer it into another smaller container if I'm going somewhere else) :D

Edit: (Jan 7th, 2011)
I've still been using this as my moisturizer in the morning! Beats a lot of other brands, but remember to slater on your sunscreen!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by i_d_123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great, great, great moisturizer! Wal-Mart's knock-off brand (Equate) works just as well for half the price. A tub of the Equate version sits right next to the Cetaphil on the shelf. I wish it had a pump dispenser rather than the tub packaging, but that's my only little complaint :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sylvanna

Love this product. I use it on my elbows, knees, ankles, and anywhere I get dry patches, except my face. It works really well. The tub does get a little gross after a while, but I just wipe off the top and sides every now and then. Would definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for this product for nearly a decade. A moisturizer that does not cause me to break out while still softening my dry skin during the harsh winter months. My skin has never been softer. It is not greasy and a little goes a long way. I bought mine in the 3 oz tube, its easier to tote around. After trying a variety of major skin care brands, I have found one that does everything I need it to do. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by evz88

This is now my HG moisturizer!! I have dry skin and it keeps my face moisturized all night/day without the greasy feeling as it absorbs into the skin really well and doesn't leave a shiny layer which I don't like in a moisturizer. I love the fact its unscented and you don't need to use a lot each time. Been using this for 2 weeks and it has not caused any breakouts so I would assume it doesn't clog pores. Previously I was using La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Riche, I believe the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream feels and works the same except it is nearly 1/2 the price and x4 the product!!!! I bought the 20oz tub and its going to last me yearsss =D The only complaint I have is the packaging, the tub is bulky and way too big for travel. Also its quite unhygienic because you have to keep dipping your hands into it to get the product out. However these aren't big problems; I've bought little moisturizer jars/containers for when I need to travel and I make sure my hands are clean before I dip my fingers into the tub. Overall this is an excellent affordable moisturizer! very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If my skin needs extra moisture this is my HG. A small amount rubbed between my palms and patted onto dry areas is all I need. It doesn't clog my pores or cause me any breakouts and it doesn't make me look greasy. I purchase it in the 100ml tube as it's easier to carry and more hygienic.