August 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by thelondongirl

brilliant lovve suits my yellow light indian skin tone well!will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by chelleeebeee

I've been using this for a year and I have to say that you will not like this product if it's not your color. My winter shade is Fiji, so I only use it for occasions where my picture will be taken like awards ceremony and prom.

It's odorless, which is a good thing, but it does not come with a pump, very inconvenient since it's quiet runny. The foundation is a luxury and I will cry when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I use Punjab. I am NC35 in MAC and I have normal skin. I do not use a primer ever with this, and rarely a powder. This is pretty matte, regardless of the name. I love this, it looks like my natural skin but better. I apply with either my fingers, a duofiber brush (I use ELF Stippling Brush) and I have also used a dense flat top brush (ELF's). It has great color match for me, and I think Punjab is a pretty neutral shade (and would work for both NC and NW). It is the perfect amount of coverage for me and would be considered a medium amount of coverage. Will buy this again and again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by roobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall an amazing Liquid foundation which comes as close to a HG I have found so far!

PROS:
- Beautiful, light and dewy/luminous looking foundation with has a semi-matte finish.
-light to medium coverage which can be built up without looking cakey.
- your skin but better look! I was matched to Stromboli (ref MAC NC35) and this is the best colour match I have ever found in foundation.My Forehead and chin/jaw area are clearly olive yet my cheeks and t-zone are very yellow and this still blends in really well.
- Long lasting! unless you are out in hot and humid sum running this is very much long lasting and only needs a bit of powder on the t-zone once during the day.

CONS:
-Packaging: leaves much to desire, no pump or squeeze bottle, instead a glass bottle which can potentially break if not handled with care. NARS rubber packaging on the top easily gets dirty/ fingerprints, and is very hard to clean.
-Application- I have dry skin and this clings to the dry skin unless you are well moisturised ( preferabally used a scrub the night before), and using a primer; I use the NARS primer in white bottle and the application becomes flawless!
-Price: In Australian $$ I got this for $99 which is very expensive and double of what it retails for in the USA. i would not buy SG at this price point again. However my initial consultation included colour match and application tips which I think was worth the extra money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

UPDATE: When I originally tried this foundation, it was summer and it was way too hydrating for my dry skin (actually made me oily). Now that it is winter and my skin is even drier, I decided to try it again. This time, it was the perfect amount of hydrating and it felt great on my skin! Unfortunately, this made me break out HORRIBLY. My skin was clear for so long until I introduced this product to it! :-(

I went in to Sephora with the intention of buying my HG foundation, Laura Mercier Moisturizing foundation. However, the beauty consultant urged me to try NARS Sheer Glow foundation. She said that it is great for sensitive, acne-prone skin (both of which describe my skin). She gave me a sample and I went on my way. At first I was impressed, for the light, creamy texture went on very smooth and the color (Deauville) matched my NC20 skin tone very well. However, within the first 1-2 hours of wearing, it feels so OILY on my skin! My skin was soooo slick and gross! I have VERY dry skin, so I can't imagine what it would feel like on anyone with combination or oily skin! I continued to try it for the next week and everyday my skin ended up feeling soooooo oily I couldn't wait to get home and wash my face!!! I will not repurchase! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by rangelroxy

UPDATE: Because Vegas is getting hotter this foundation no longer works, it made me super oily on my T-Zone and disappeared on the rest of my face... boo! Good Winter/Spring foundation though. Taking one lippie off.

I love this foundation! I use the shade Santa Fe and I'm a NC30 in MAC, but don't take my word because I haven't bought a MAC foundation in a long time. I have an oily T-Zone so I do have to blot once or twice a day but it's not a greasy shine it's just a glow-y shine lol if that makes any sense but other than that I love it. I've been using this with the NARS Pro-Prime Multi- Protect and using UD All Nighter to set. I have noticed that if I apply too much it does settle into my fine lines so I take about 1 pump of this dot it all over my face and use my fingers to blend. On thee areas where I need more coverage I use a flat foundation brush and pat some more on. It's amazing how little you have to use and you still get medium to build able full coverage.

Pros: On me it last about 8-10 hours, I love the lightweight feel, I love how it makes my skin look glow-y all day, not oily, I love that a little goes a long way, Cute bottle. Didn't break me out.

Cons: I can't find a setting powder that works with this to leave it the same texture as the foundation, the price but since you only have to use a little it last for a really long time, & it doesn't come with a pump:/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I think I may have FINALLY found my HG foundation- seriously! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF! Where to start.. first off, I was hesitant to even buy it because I have oily, acne prone skin.. I have always used foundations that have a matte finish and are long-wearing (mat velvet+, ELDW, Teint Idole).. but I have been unhappy with the heavy coverage look and wanted something a little more natural. My first instinct was MUFE HD, which I loved because of the perfect color match but quickly returned because of how oily it made my skin look. I decided to sample sheer glow because all of the beauty blogs I read swear by it.. and even though I typically would never buy a foundation with the words "sheer" or "glow", i decided to give it a try.. and boy am I glad I did. I love the coverage... it is not sheer by any means, i would describe it more as medium-buildable. the finish also is not a "glow" on me.. it is more of a natural finish, the way that my skin looks right after i wash my face..very clean looking. I did have to blot my face a few times during the day (I think I often do this out of habit), but not half as much oil was absorbed as typically is when I used to use ELDW and Teint Idole.. the foundation also looks gorgeous in natural light and in indoor lighting, I was matched to Stromboli (similar to MUFE HD 153).. , but went back and purchased Barcelona.. both look great on me, but Barcelona is a better match because I know I will be tanning progressively.
Oily girls, please don't be scared to try it because it is called sheer GLOW, it will make your skin look amazing if you just give it a try! The ONLY reason I give 4/5 lippies is because of the price ($42) and because there is no pump (it can be purchased on the Nars website for an additional $5 or $6). Quality wise I give it 5/5- hands down

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by rominey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Tried this product in Siberia - desperate to find a shade match for my super PPP skin. Unfortunately, my skin is semi-oily and acne prone, and this caused big time acne problems for me which I noticed about a week in to using it.

Was difficult to apply at first, but got easier with practice.

Packaging is lovely (if that matters to you). I'm an advocate for pumps on all foundation bottles, personally, as it prevents bacteria from entering, but, c'est la vie. It was still a beautiful bottle.

Didn't wear as long as I'd hoped it would. Wore off around my nose at about hour 2.5. That's too soon in my opinion. I didn't like the overall finish/appearance after wearing a few hours. Seemed to wear off all over by hour 5 (and I am rigid about not touching my acne-prone face, it just promotes the spread of bacteria). I don't know where the heck all that foundation went, but it didn't look so hot at the end of the day. I find BB foundation to be much longer-lasting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation reminds me very much of Giorgio Armani's 'Luminious Silk' without the luminious effect. When I put this on it makes my face feel tight. Its just a very regular foundation and not one of the best ones. I was expecting good things from this product because of its popularity, but I just ended-up feeling very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by JasmineLynette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it doesnt come with a pump but you can buy one for it for 4 bucks more, not too shiny nice "sheer glow' i loved it