NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do not like this foundation. The name makes you think it will be natural looking and glowy! NOPE.

The foundation itself is very liquidy and easy to blend, but also causes quite a bit of waste because the foundation does not have a pump.

For $44 USD you should really get a pump. The cap it comes with is also bulky and just like ALL NARS packaging, every speck of makeup or dust sticks to the surface. It comes off easily with a makeup wipe, but it's still irritating.

Like I said, it does spread very easily. But this foundation does not like brushes, it doesn't matter what type I used it ended up looking streaky and cakey. This works best, for me, with something like a Beauty Blender. (But I am convinced that little sponge can make any foundation look much better.)

This foundation sets relatively and you would think with a name like "sheer glow" it would set to a glowy, or at least satin finish. It does not. It goes completely matte. For the first few days of using it I thought someone had switched the bottles and I had gotten Sheer Matte instead.

It does set to a matte finish, but it does not stay that way. Even with my NARS Pro Prime, within 4 hours this foundation started clinging to the dry patches between my eyebrows and collecting around my nose and chin in a very greasy fashion. Not cute. I figured with my drier winter skin this would last much longer but it just didn't.

This product is so raved about everywhere and I was SO excited when I finally got the chance to buy it. I was so disappointed in this, I'm glad it works for other people but it just isn't for me. Sad day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I seem to experience what everyone else does not experience, especially with the Sheer Matte vs Sheer Glow comparisons. I have read many reviews and watched a lot of YouTube videos on the comparisons. Pretty much, Sheer Glow seemed to be the unanimous winner of the two. While I think that it is a very nice foundation, I'll be sticking to my Sheer Matte.

What Sheer Glow has over the Sheer Matte is its blendability. This foundation is one that you can just use your fingers and blend away. Sheer Matte, IMO, takes a little bit more work. Also, I do NOT find their finishes similar. If I were to rate the finish on a scale, (1 = extremely matte, 5 = natural, 10 = extremely dewy) Sheer Glow comes at a 6-7 and Sheer Glow would be at a 3-4. Sheer Glow's finish is really beautiful. It gives that hint of radiance and really mimics young, fresh skin. Unfortunately, it gives *me* that uncomfortable, tacky feeling on my skin no matter how I apply it. It also doesn't last very long on my very oily skin. I'd recommend this to anyone who has dry to slightly oily skin.

I've also heard that Maybelline Fit Me and Neutrogena Healthy Liquid foundations are dupes to Sheer Glow. I have tried both, and I will say that they are *not*. Both are thinner and oilier than Sheer Glow. They also do not have as great of a shade range as Sheer Glow (although I match 210 in Maybelline Fit Me products). If you're looking for a better match in Sheer Glow, it's definitely worth the splurge.

Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow's shades ran similarly, in my experience. I wear Fiji in Sheer Matte & the same for Sheer Glow. I'm NC27ish with yellow undertones, for reference.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is my HG foundation! As a darkly complected woman, I find that the majority of foundations that are geared towards my shade have a horrid red undertone that renders them unusable. NARS Sheer Glow in Tortuga is perfect for me and has golden/yellow undertones that melt perfectly into my skin, and flawlessly even out my skin tone.

I often apply with a tapered foundation brush, or a medium duo fibre brush. Despite the name, the coverage is medium to full and is buildable, and gives me a natural dewy finish. I find that the product last for upwards of 12 hours.

The $42 price tag may be off-putting for some, however one bottle lasts me nearly four months, so I find it a reasonable investment in my outer appearance.

Love this Foundation and that NARS offers fair colors. Siberia is the best and it helps to neutralize the pink tones I sometimes get. I used to refuse to wear foundation as it looked too made up and the coverage was obvious. This is truly sheer foundation with good coverage yet looks like your own natural skin just better and even toned. You don't need to apply much but it does build nicely. I'm oily and it doesn't fade or melt off. It seems to just meld into your skin and at the end of the day, you don't see tired old make up on your skin. It still looks fresh. Like the feeling of the formula and it lasts awhile. Wish they included the pump though.

I really have mixed feelings about this foundation. I'm one of those unfortunate people who are better off with oil free foundations because any foundation that has oil, oxidizes and turns orange or darker on me. Even though this foundation did not turn orange on me, it left my face looking like a disco ball by the end of the night. What I really like about this foundation is that it really matches my light-medium yellow undertone skin really well. I used the NARS SheerGlow in Ceylan (120 MUFE, 40SableChanel, Sunny Beige LM, O20Shiseido, 120Christian Dior Forever, 2 UD) and this is the best match for my skin hands down. But unfortunately, for my dry-combination skin, this foundation left my skin so shiny it looked like I wiped oil all over my face even when applied with primer and setting powder. This foundation does not look good in photos either, if it leaves your face shiny obviously it will do nothing but reflect light in photos. This foundation goes on really well and it looks amazing when first applied, I mean my skin looks flawless but it does not last. And it also smells weird, I can't explain but it's not appealing, but the good news is that it does not linger. Overall I'm better off with the NARS sheer matte foundation because it does not leave my face shiny by the end of the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample in Santa Fe. Was completely disappointed. It emphasized my pores which are not that big anyway. It did not even out skin tone as I was told it would. Glad I did not buy it. 42.00 for a bottle and it better be good for that price. No way. WORST OF ALL. I cannot get this out of my new Sephora air brush foundation brush. I have used MAC brush cleaner. Then shampoo. Then Dawn. Then Dawn with vinegar. AAAACKKKKKK It just has waxy greasy liquid in it that will not wash out of the brush.

This product looks yucky on my skin. I have relatively decent skin. Combination skin, prone to occasional flakiness, and rarely break out. This seemed to attach to every dry skin molecule on my face and make it look like utter crap. Despite numerous blending attempts, this just looked cakey and blotchy and emphasized my flakey patches. yuck yuck yuck. For the price, this should really make my skin look awesome, but I like drugstore foundations better than this one.

I got a sample of Nars Sheer Glow...I love how it looked on me, they make some very nice colors and I'm super pale so it was a perfect match which is hard to find...but just like with Nars Tinted moisturizer...I broke out...in big red bumps all over my face.

I'm so bummed.... I really liked the color and the the look...no NARS products for me alllowed I guess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become my HG foundation! I have oily acne prone skin,so I never dared to think of giving this a try. To my surprise this foundation has great coverage!. It covers my redness and makes my skin look healthy. I would recommend getting a sample first before buying though.

So disappointed to use this at first, became cakey very soon after application with my Sigma flat top kabuki, looked so ugly! I tried applying with my fingers but it still settled into my pores and looked terrible. I wasn't going to give up as it's so expensive, so tried the Cosmopolitan beauty blender. What a,lifesaver! Made a huge difference. Not perfect, but definitely worth a try if you don't want to waste the product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials