December 21, 2014 | 1560 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by GeminisRainbow

I brought this product early this week and i have to say, its really good for $35.When i first applied it it looked amazing, and i was so relieved that i actually got the right shade for once, because i always seem to be buying the wrong shade every time i buy a foundation.I end up spending a lot of money on foundation. Luckily, I had a look on the maybelline website - Maybellines "my color adviser" is really helpful because the store i brought it from doesn't have testers available.I wore it the next day to school and i had a look in the mirror in the last period-about 5hrs after applying and it had rubbed off around my nose and cheeks and left my skin looking really oily.It was probably something to do with my concealer as well though which is quite oily- I need a new one. Now i use garnier 3 in 1 face mask every time before i wear this foundation and apply some powder over my Tzone and it ends up lasting all day. Its perfect :) I love the packaging because the pump is easy to use and you dont waste any.I would definitely buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like to wear foundation everyday, so I tend to wear this only on the weekends when I go out or when pictures are being taken. I find that whether I apply this foundation with my fingers or with a brush, it is a bit heavy. So I will take a piece of tissue paper and wipe is gently all over my face to wipe away any excess foundation. Once I do this IMPORTANT step, my face looks flawless and photo ready. I have really sensitive acne prone skin, but this foundation has not make me break out or cause any irritation. I'm not sure if I would buy this again or not, since I would like to try other foundations available. However I do recommend this foundation as something inexpensive and looks nice for photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by people52005

After the success of using dream matte mousse, I decided to give this a try. The price was resonable- £7 from superdrug's.I bought it in the cocoa shade. The packaging had a pump which was very useful and prevented any wastage. The consistency of the foundation was very light and velvety so I thought this should be good. When I first applied it, it made my skin look very flawless and natural and it didn't look obvious that I was wearing any foundation. However, as the day progressed, my t-zone, which sometimes gets oily, ate up all the foundation, leaving me looking very greasy and unpleasent. I think this foundation would be very good for people with normal to dry skin tones but if you have combo/oily skin, you should use a primer before and set with a powder after or bring a whole pack of blotting paper with you!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

After my stint with the dream matte mouse, I am so glad I tried the liquid version. This concealer is my favorite at the moment.

Coverage: Moderate. It does help even my skin tone and the Nude color goes incredibly well with my light-medium skin (with yellow undertones). Big pro is that it doesn't cause break outs for me.

Packaging: I am so thankful Maybelline put this in a pump bottle. Causes less mess and is more sanitary. When the pump can't get to the very last bit in the bottle, you just unscrew the top and take a Q-tip to it.

Consistency: Because it's a liquid, it goes on very smoothly. Doesn't streak. Allows you to blend well. And it doesn't accentuate your dry patches like the Dream Matte Mousse. It gives a more natural finish. Matte Mousse gave me powdery finish which would be great when my skin was oily but it seemed to dry out my skin. Liquid Mousse doesn't draw moisture from my skin.

Staying Power: Moderate. It stays much longer with primer. I've used liquid foundations with primers before and they tend to streak but not with this one. Using primer extends the life of this makeup so much longer. Without primer, oily skin can start to interfere with the makeup. Biggest con with this category is that makeup does come off on clothing and anything else that rubs up against your face.

Overall: I'm glad Maybelline decided to make this foundation. Could improve on some areas but still better than most.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to redo this whole review! I loved this stuff at first. Coverage is good, but there is better. I don't know if it's because I got a tan or what, but I don't love it as much as before. Dream matte mousse is way better. I loved the pump packaging at first, but now that i'm almost done with the bottle, I have to unscrew it and get it out that way. lame.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I haven't worn Maybelline foundation for years. I used to love that thick, masky, artificial Great Wear stuff in my teens, for some reason. You know the one: you'd paint it on, it'd create a supernaturally flawless blank canvas, and would stay put until you SCRUBBED at the end of the day. Well, I'm still a fan of longlasting, medium-full coverage products, but wanted something slightly fresher/lighter for the summer. I recently remembered that I used to get quite a good colour match with Maybelline and, having started to fall out of love with my weirdly toned (ie peach) Guerlain foundation, thought I'd try this one. In the UK it's called Dream Satin Liquid, but it's packaged the same, in a glass bottle with a pump. I bought the light porcelain shade, which was a really good match for my coolish-neutral pale skin. I loved the moussey texture that really did blend like a dream. Upon initial application it covered quite well - I'd say medium coverage - and I didn't need any concealer. I liked the finish...at first (when I say 'at first' I'm talking about the first half hour or so): it really did have a sheeny satin effect - not quite as luminous as my Guerlain parure extreme, but pretty close, and the Maybelline shade was a lot more natural on me. Very quickly, though, the coverage somehow adjusted, becoming light - more like a tinted moisturiser. My skin looked bare but greasy - traumatic for someone who adores medium-full coverage and who is a fan of foundations such as Estee Lauder DW and Revlon Colorstay. It also looked very ageing, exaggerating the creases beneath my eyes. I didn't even know I HAD creases beneath my eyes!! What's even worse is that by the end of the day I noticed that my normally smooth hassle-free forehead had gone really bumpy.
Try it maybe if you have dry skin, but normal-combo-oily girls should give this one a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by TiigerLiily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought that this was a good foundation. It dispensed well, blended easily and the colour and coverage seemed excellent on application. However, it soon began to feel heavy and cakey, the colour darkened and it blotched (the shine accentuated this, I had bright patches and dull patches all over my face). I don't think that it was a bad foundation, infact better than most but I have found far more reliable foundations elsewhere at similar prices.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst foundations I've ever used. The color comes out all wrong. It doesn't even blend into the skin. It just sits on top. But it DOES go into and settle on my pores. Making them ten times more noticeable. And the pump broke within three days of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by ellievl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this foundation! it is amazing, it covers well on one application, but it is definitely buildable if you need more coverage. it did not break me out at all and is easy to remove at night but also stays all day without a setting powder!
love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a dream come true. Like the person before me said, I have an unusual skin color between fair and medium, and natural ivory makes it just glow. I see no residue, and it keeps my skin soft and healthy. It spreads and blends easy and fast with fingers, no effort needed- plus the pump is perfect and definitely saves the waste I've had with my past foundations. I plan to buy these in the other shades to use on clients-
:]