Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/15/2010 3:39:00 PM

I really like the texture of this.It does feel like smooth mousse on your skin but its only good for the first 2 hours of the day. Nice build up but it does look cakey with medium coverage. I have combo skin and this product was clearly not for me. Way too oily as time passed and felt very cakey. Couldn't wait to get it off my face!
I would never buy this again. When it comes to your skin I've learned to invest in high quality products

on 6/15/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation gives a light-medium coverage, maybe a little more. I don't know what a "mousse" is supposed to feel like on my skin, but this makeup was definitely creamier than I expected, and because it's so creamy it's a little hard to blend. The color selection is probably the worst quality about this product, I got the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory Light 1) and it was still too dark for my skin tone. It does give an "airbrush"/satin finish which is nice and the pump packaging is good, however the overall quality of this makeup just isn't great. Decent, but not great. Would probably be better for normal-dry skin.

This product was amazing! I have combination/oily skin and found that it was perfect when I set it with a powder (which I always do anyways!) I believe that this is the perfect fall/winter foundation! Since I have thrown away the bottle (I finished it all about 2 weeks ago!) I can't remember my color (I think it might have been the second lightest shade- something ivory?) - but it was the best color match that I have ever found in a foundation and even though without setting it kind-of wore off of my face, when set it might be my all time favorite foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing when fall rolls around again!

On a sidenote: My sister also tried this foundation and on her skin it oxidized. Her skin is a couple of shades darker than mine- her colr was classic ivory. I found it very wierd that this happend to her and not me, however, most foundations DO oxidize on her, so this would be expected.

on 6/14/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, for a while I actually liked it a lot.

It was easy to blend, decent color match, the bottle has a really nice pump, but it wasn't very long wearing in the sense that like an hour after I applied it it started to oxidize to an orange color (I tried two shades, and mixing them) and it sunk into my pores and made them look HUGE, no good at all : (

on 6/14/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I do not like this foundation at all. When I bought this product in Porcelain Ivory 1, Rite Aid I thought it might be a little dark for me, and I was right. When I first put the foundation on it looked great, it covered all of my redness and acne. But as the day went on it wore off, got darker, and made my skin extremely oily. My mom is using this foundation in Nude Beige 3.5 and looks wonderful on her. But she has dry skin and I have very oily and acne prone skin. Maybe it is better for people who have dry skin and not oily. I will not be being buying this product ever again.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this product after using the Maybelline 24hr foundation. I really like the 24hr formula, but wanted a product with a pump. I purchased this at Walgreens during a BOGO 1/2 OFF.

Pros: The pump worked great. It dispensed just enough product with two small pumps to cover my entire face evenly. It felt smooth on my skin. Had great coverage.

Cons: not my shade. It was a weird greyish color. I purchased the same shade (caramel) as my 24hr foundation, but this was way off. The next shade up Cocoa, which is way too dark.

on 6/9/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This product gives you a really flawless coverage and lasts long. But it made any pimples on my face flare up and even made me break out in a few little bumps.

on 6/8/2010 11:37:00 PM

Ok so when I first tried this foundation it was really good, at work I looked flawless and it didnt feel heavy at all, then I started noticing how shiny I was getting 3 or 4 hours after application.!! I don't think it can be explained by the warm summer because even with slight body temperature (heating in winter, layering jackets) it gets all oily and I feel like my face is melting off!
The colours in this range are really nice, they have both yellow and pink tones, and the packaging is cute but its a shame the foundation doesn't last!
I do use a setting powder but this foundation just slips off my face, as a drugstore foundation it is not bad, but I like my foundations to last atleast 9-10 hours!! I will have to keep looking for my HG!!

on 6/2/2010 10:04:00 AM

I was not a fan of this when I first tried it. But decided to try it again. I have used it about 10 times and have to say I like it. I like the coverage I get from it. I don't like that totally masked look but at the same time I don't want to put on lots of concealer after foundation. I can use this and some powder if I really wanted to its nice. I like the application better with my fingers than a sponge. Its lasting power is so-so. I find that after a few hours it starts to get a little patchy- granted I am wearing it in 85degree F humid weather. It does stay matte though. I never really have to powder or blot. Aside from the finish being a nice matte, my skin felt smooth. Some foundations make your skin feel tacky or just weird, not this one. It doesn't really make my pores look smaller like the advertisements claim. I can feel it on my skin but it doesn't feel heavy or thick. It doesn't clog my pores. I have never had a pimple from this product. It takes some time to set which is annoying if you're on the go. I feel like I have to wait before I can apply powder/blush/bronzer etc. If have dry skin in the slightest you should steer clear of this product. I wore it once when I was my skin was flaking from acne products and it looked sooo awful.
I really love mixing this with my stila tinted moisturizer Thats probably what I will use the rest of the bottle for. The packaging is excellent.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Im actually very impressed with this foundation.
I've tried maybelline superstay before and just didnt like it, and since then i havent tried a maybelline product in about 4years. I dont really know what made me try this product it was a mix of reviews on mua and just seeing what was available at my local priceline.

I have medium 1 (sandy beige) which is a PERFECT match for my skin!! I was wondering if anyone knows the match for this in Estee Lauder double wear? and Nars Sheer glow?
Medium 1 does have yellow undertones to it, if you have more pink undertones go for Medium 2.

Coverage wise, i use concealer first then this foundation, i also use concealer on top ONLY because i am very fussy and have bad acne scars, but most people wouldnt bother as there is literally no point, i just apply more because i want to for my own confidence, not because of the product.

It is a dewy finish, which has taken a while for me to adjust to as i usually only opt for matte finish, but im starting to like dewy finishes as they are the most natural looking and dont look cakey.

It doesnt last all day...what foundation does?? but for the 5hours or so it lasts i like it.

I particularly love the pump!!!! the pump really makes me use less of the product and save money in the long run!! thumbs up maybelline!!!