Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/28/2010 5:35:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for 2 years now, and I love it. Having it in a pump bottle is great for sanitary reasons, and I find that less than 2 pumps is more than enough foundation for covering my face. This is defiantly a medium coverage foundation though, so if you are looking for full coverage I would suggest something else.
PROs:
- sanitary pump bottle
- a little goes a long way
- lasts all day
- hasn't broken me out

CONS:
- if pump breaks it is difficult to get the product out
- if you have dry skin, it tends to look flaky
- not very many shade options

on 6/24/2010 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'll start out with my personal experience with this product then give a to-the-point list of pros and cons.

I have experimented with several drugstore brand foundations, and this is one I fell in love with instantly.
I picked out the Porcelain Ivory shade since it looked like a perfect match for me in the store, and upon first applying it at home, I THOUGHT it was my perfect match.
Completely different story when I finally saw my face in natural sunlight after a few weeks of confidently wearing this foundation out.
It was a pink toned DISASTER! I was so embarrassed, I immediately went to the store to check out the next tone up from Porcelain, which was an Ivory shade (forgot the exact name). Long story short, same result. Too pink, and now too dark and STILL pink.
I have light skin with more of a yellow undertone and would recommend that anyone with similar skin to mine stay away from this foundation.

With that, I would like to point out some of the positive things about this foundation. I still gave it a rating of 3 because despite the very limited range of undertones this is makeup made in, it DOES have potential for someone with the right skin tone to match it.

PROS:
-Sanitary packaging. The pump is so efficient, and no worries about contaminating makeup. (Pump top can also be twisted off if necessary.)
-The light liquidy (but not runny) texture makes this foundation easily blendable with fingertips, no sponges/brushes necessary.
-Light-Medium buildable coverage.
-Lasts ALL DAY if used with a good finishing powder. (I've even sweated in this makeup and it stays on, and never ends up looking runny or greasy.)
-Does not cause break outs. (For me, personally. I have what is probably considered "normal" skin.)
-Does not sink into pores.
-A little bit goes a long way.
-Feels light.

CONS:
-Pink undertones in the lighter shades. Avoid this foundation like the plague if you are fair skinned and have neutral/yellow undertones.
-Easily breakable glass bottle.
-I noticed a limited shade range for dark skin tones.

Overall, a wonderful product that provides medium coverage and smooths out minor imperfections.

on 6/23/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Against all odds I really do like this foundation- it's the most wearable, most suitable for my skin foundation I have had. I gave it a go when it was on offer at Boots, even though I was pretty skeptical, because of the reviews, which suggested this might be better for dry skin types, as well as by my (very dissapointing) experience with other maybelline products.
MY SKIN: extremely oily, fair-medium to fair, with strong yellow undertones. I chose the foundation in sand (the uk colours are different to the us version), and even though I was afraid it's gonna be too pink, it surprised- it actually is a pretty good match ( the best in drugstore foundations I have ever had). My skin also has a very uneven "texture" (i.e. those horrible little bumps), and v. visible pores.
SHADES: For a drugstore foundation, it's decent, but not overwhelming, but definitely there isn't a match for everyone. However, in the US the range is much better ( I live in the UK). I didn't see much shades for very fair yellow-toned skins, most of the fair-toned foundations are very pink. I also don't think there is enough choice of shades for darker skin tones, and if there's a sort tan shade, the next one up is much darker. So do take your time testing the shades.
CONSISTENCY: It is not nearly as thick as Revlon CS and for me that's a big plus. I found it to be very easy to blend, and light.
COVERAGE:I would say it's medium, defo not full. For me that's perfect, but this being said, I do not have any redness, discoloration, sun spots etc, so for some people it may not be enough. Did not settle in pores. Cannot say anything about settling into fine lines, because I don't really have them yet.
APPLICATION: as I said, easy to blend, feels quite light on skin. For me it can be applied with a flat foundation brush, a wet sponge, a stippling brush, or even with fingers, and it looks just as good.
FINISH: not matte, but not dewy either (upon appplication), somewhat silky. Oily skins do, really do set it with powder. It makes my skin feel somewhat comfortable and silky, but not greasy. Obviously on its own it does nothing for oil control, but when used over an oil-control moisturiser, primer etc. it works wonders for me, unlike other foundation.
LASTING POWER: If you have oily skin do not expect miracles. This being said, even though it does tend to wear off after about 8h (with a primer and set with powder), it's a record for me. And... IT DOESN"T CAKE!!!! FINALLY!. This is always my main problem with foundation: it splitts and cakes and separates and all sort of horid stuff, but this is just perfect. I say if you have oily skin and set it with a good powder it will last a reasonable amount of time, and look good throughout the day (please don't hate me if it doesn't).
PACKAGING: Finally, a foundation with a practical pump, which allows you to get EXACTLY as much product as you need. Little glass bottle, easy to carry around, nothing too eye-catching and very practical.
I checked on the US website and it is oil-free and non-comedogenic (is that how you spell it?). However, maybelline DOES test on animals, so for some using this foundation is not an option. Generally, it did not give me breakouts, did not worsen my skin, or caused any allergic reaction etc, but this being said, my skin is not exactly the most sensitive out there. So, the only downside for me is the testing on animals.
Sorry for going on and on about it, I just wanted to give a really detailed opinion of this product.

on 6/21/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dream liquid mousse foundation is very reminiscent of Giorgio Armani foundation---really! no kidding! and I actually like the finish better. I am an NC30 and I use Nude Light #4 and it matches me nicely.

If you want full coverage and a matte look this foundation is NOT for you.The texture of this foundation is reminiscent of a tinted moisturizer/ sunblock.

I like this foundation because it never looks heavy or cakey! It looks natural and clean, my skin still shows through. I look like I'm wearing my natural skin but a better version of it with a nice, healthy satiny sheen---not oily.

What helps me with my oil control is using a good oil controlling loose powder on top of it. I use Palgantong powder---a Japanese brand.

on 6/19/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was mainy all cons for me. It didn't cover much and i would probably compare it to the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. It did at least look natural though, but i think the price is fairly good and if you're looking for a simple foundation to just even your skin tone rather than hide any imperfections then i suggest this, but otherwise don't go for it.

on 6/15/2010 3:39:00 PM

I really like the texture of this.It does feel like smooth mousse on your skin but its only good for the first 2 hours of the day. Nice build up but it does look cakey with medium coverage. I have combo skin and this product was clearly not for me. Way too oily as time passed and felt very cakey. Couldn't wait to get it off my face!
I would never buy this again. When it comes to your skin I've learned to invest in high quality products

on 6/15/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation gives a light-medium coverage, maybe a little more. I don't know what a "mousse" is supposed to feel like on my skin, but this makeup was definitely creamier than I expected, and because it's so creamy it's a little hard to blend. The color selection is probably the worst quality about this product, I got the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory Light 1) and it was still too dark for my skin tone. It does give an "airbrush"/satin finish which is nice and the pump packaging is good, however the overall quality of this makeup just isn't great. Decent, but not great. Would probably be better for normal-dry skin.

This product was amazing! I have combination/oily skin and found that it was perfect when I set it with a powder (which I always do anyways!) I believe that this is the perfect fall/winter foundation! Since I have thrown away the bottle (I finished it all about 2 weeks ago!) I can't remember my color (I think it might have been the second lightest shade- something ivory?) - but it was the best color match that I have ever found in a foundation and even though without setting it kind-of wore off of my face, when set it might be my all time favorite foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing when fall rolls around again!

On a sidenote: My sister also tried this foundation and on her skin it oxidized. Her skin is a couple of shades darker than mine- her colr was classic ivory. I found it very wierd that this happend to her and not me, however, most foundations DO oxidize on her, so this would be expected.

on 6/14/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, for a while I actually liked it a lot.

It was easy to blend, decent color match, the bottle has a really nice pump, but it wasn't very long wearing in the sense that like an hour after I applied it it started to oxidize to an orange color (I tried two shades, and mixing them) and it sunk into my pores and made them look HUGE, no good at all : (

on 6/14/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I do not like this foundation at all. When I bought this product in Porcelain Ivory 1, Rite Aid I thought it might be a little dark for me, and I was right. When I first put the foundation on it looked great, it covered all of my redness and acne. But as the day went on it wore off, got darker, and made my skin extremely oily. My mom is using this foundation in Nude Beige 3.5 and looks wonderful on her. But she has dry skin and I have very oily and acne prone skin. Maybe it is better for people who have dry skin and not oily. I will not be being buying this product ever again.