Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Love, love, love this product.

on 7/1/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely adore the pump and it's a great sanitary addition. It provides a matte finish that looks amazing and can be defined as airbrushed! I prep my skin first so it doesn't exaggerate my dry areas. It provides light to medium coverage so a concealer is definitely needed if you have prominent acne scars. This product is definitely a great one from Maybelline. Their mascaras are always top notch but I'll definitely look into their other products hoping they're as great as this one.

on 6/29/2010 12:01:00 AM

I needed a new foundation and saw an ad in my local department store for this. After some research I gave it a go and it's probably the best I've used so far.
I also liked the Maybelline dream matte mousse but didn't like that I had to stick my fingers in the pot. This is much better, it has a pump and is a cross between a liquid and a mousse.
It spreads really easily and you can build the coverage. It looks natural and airbrushed like the ad said.
I have dry/combo skin and this is great at not drying me out further.
It can be a bit greasy though so I wouldn't use it if you have oily skin.
In summer I pat some ZA groovy Smoovy on top and it's fine for the day but in winter I use it alone.
I've had mine about 3 months and I'm about half way through the bottle so it's great value. I'll be buying it again.

on 6/28/2010 5:35:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for 2 years now, and I love it. Having it in a pump bottle is great for sanitary reasons, and I find that less than 2 pumps is more than enough foundation for covering my face. This is defiantly a medium coverage foundation though, so if you are looking for full coverage I would suggest something else.
PROs:
- sanitary pump bottle
- a little goes a long way
- lasts all day
- hasn't broken me out

CONS:
- if pump breaks it is difficult to get the product out
- if you have dry skin, it tends to look flaky
- not very many shade options

on 6/24/2010 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'll start out with my personal experience with this product then give a to-the-point list of pros and cons.

I have experimented with several drugstore brand foundations, and this is one I fell in love with instantly.
I picked out the Porcelain Ivory shade since it looked like a perfect match for me in the store, and upon first applying it at home, I THOUGHT it was my perfect match.
Completely different story when I finally saw my face in natural sunlight after a few weeks of confidently wearing this foundation out.
It was a pink toned DISASTER! I was so embarrassed, I immediately went to the store to check out the next tone up from Porcelain, which was an Ivory shade (forgot the exact name). Long story short, same result. Too pink, and now too dark and STILL pink.
I have light skin with more of a yellow undertone and would recommend that anyone with similar skin to mine stay away from this foundation.

With that, I would like to point out some of the positive things about this foundation. I still gave it a rating of 3 because despite the very limited range of undertones this is makeup made in, it DOES have potential for someone with the right skin tone to match it.

PROS:
-Sanitary packaging. The pump is so efficient, and no worries about contaminating makeup. (Pump top can also be twisted off if necessary.)
-The light liquidy (but not runny) texture makes this foundation easily blendable with fingertips, no sponges/brushes necessary.
-Light-Medium buildable coverage.
-Lasts ALL DAY if used with a good finishing powder. (I've even sweated in this makeup and it stays on, and never ends up looking runny or greasy.)
-Does not cause break outs. (For me, personally. I have what is probably considered "normal" skin.)
-Does not sink into pores.
-A little bit goes a long way.
-Feels light.

CONS:
-Pink undertones in the lighter shades. Avoid this foundation like the plague if you are fair skinned and have neutral/yellow undertones.
-Easily breakable glass bottle.
-I noticed a limited shade range for dark skin tones.

Overall, a wonderful product that provides medium coverage and smooths out minor imperfections.

on 6/23/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Against all odds I really do like this foundation- it's the most wearable, most suitable for my skin foundation I have had. I gave it a go when it was on offer at Boots, even though I was pretty skeptical, because of the reviews, which suggested this might be better for dry skin types, as well as by my (very dissapointing) experience with other maybelline products.
MY SKIN: extremely oily, fair-medium to fair, with strong yellow undertones. I chose the foundation in sand (the uk colours are different to the us version), and even though I was afraid it's gonna be too pink, it surprised- it actually is a pretty good match ( the best in drugstore foundations I have ever had). My skin also has a very uneven "texture" (i.e. those horrible little bumps), and v. visible pores.
SHADES: For a drugstore foundation, it's decent, but not overwhelming, but definitely there isn't a match for everyone. However, in the US the range is much better ( I live in the UK). I didn't see much shades for very fair yellow-toned skins, most of the fair-toned foundations are very pink. I also don't think there is enough choice of shades for darker skin tones, and if there's a sort tan shade, the next one up is much darker. So do take your time testing the shades.
CONSISTENCY: It is not nearly as thick as Revlon CS and for me that's a big plus. I found it to be very easy to blend, and light.
COVERAGE:I would say it's medium, defo not full. For me that's perfect, but this being said, I do not have any redness, discoloration, sun spots etc, so for some people it may not be enough. Did not settle in pores. Cannot say anything about settling into fine lines, because I don't really have them yet.
APPLICATION: as I said, easy to blend, feels quite light on skin. For me it can be applied with a flat foundation brush, a wet sponge, a stippling brush, or even with fingers, and it looks just as good.
FINISH: not matte, but not dewy either (upon appplication), somewhat silky. Oily skins do, really do set it with powder. It makes my skin feel somewhat comfortable and silky, but not greasy. Obviously on its own it does nothing for oil control, but when used over an oil-control moisturiser, primer etc. it works wonders for me, unlike other foundation.
LASTING POWER: If you have oily skin do not expect miracles. This being said, even though it does tend to wear off after about 8h (with a primer and set with powder), it's a record for me. And... IT DOESN"T CAKE!!!! FINALLY!. This is always my main problem with foundation: it splitts and cakes and separates and all sort of horid stuff, but this is just perfect. I say if you have oily skin and set it with a good powder it will last a reasonable amount of time, and look good throughout the day (please don't hate me if it doesn't).
PACKAGING: Finally, a foundation with a practical pump, which allows you to get EXACTLY as much product as you need. Little glass bottle, easy to carry around, nothing too eye-catching and very practical.
I checked on the US website and it is oil-free and non-comedogenic (is that how you spell it?). However, maybelline DOES test on animals, so for some using this foundation is not an option. Generally, it did not give me breakouts, did not worsen my skin, or caused any allergic reaction etc, but this being said, my skin is not exactly the most sensitive out there. So, the only downside for me is the testing on animals.
Sorry for going on and on about it, I just wanted to give a really detailed opinion of this product.

on 6/21/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dream liquid mousse foundation is very reminiscent of Giorgio Armani foundation---really! no kidding! and I actually like the finish better. I am an NC30 and I use Nude Light #4 and it matches me nicely.

If you want full coverage and a matte look this foundation is NOT for you.The texture of this foundation is reminiscent of a tinted moisturizer/ sunblock.

I like this foundation because it never looks heavy or cakey! It looks natural and clean, my skin still shows through. I look like I'm wearing my natural skin but a better version of it with a nice, healthy satiny sheen---not oily.

What helps me with my oil control is using a good oil controlling loose powder on top of it. I use Palgantong powder---a Japanese brand.

on 6/19/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was mainy all cons for me. It didn't cover much and i would probably compare it to the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. It did at least look natural though, but i think the price is fairly good and if you're looking for a simple foundation to just even your skin tone rather than hide any imperfections then i suggest this, but otherwise don't go for it.

on 6/15/2010 3:39:00 PM

I really like the texture of this.It does feel like smooth mousse on your skin but its only good for the first 2 hours of the day. Nice build up but it does look cakey with medium coverage. I have combo skin and this product was clearly not for me. Way too oily as time passed and felt very cakey. Couldn't wait to get it off my face!
I would never buy this again. When it comes to your skin I've learned to invest in high quality products

on 6/15/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation gives a light-medium coverage, maybe a little more. I don't know what a "mousse" is supposed to feel like on my skin, but this makeup was definitely creamier than I expected, and because it's so creamy it's a little hard to blend. The color selection is probably the worst quality about this product, I got the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory Light 1) and it was still too dark for my skin tone. It does give an "airbrush"/satin finish which is nice and the pump packaging is good, however the overall quality of this makeup just isn't great. Decent, but not great. Would probably be better for normal-dry skin.