October 25, 2014 | 1458 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product. Really brightens up my skin and makes it look alive. Easy to work into make up and blends really well. The only thing I don't like it the applicator (nail polish brush) whose only purpose is to get the product from the bottle to my face. have to use my fingers to blend ect. which i feel wastes some product. Still love the overall look i get from this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I wanted to love this, I adore highlighters who doesn't want glowing skin and a dewy look. Yet this was a miss with me. Its a luminous pinky opal colour in the bottle. I don't think it goes with all skin tones. My paler friend has this and it looks great on her. I love bronzer and blush yet this wasn't easy to put over nor under. Secondly after a few days of use I found the applicator annoying, I say this time and time again IF I have to use my fingers at the end to apply then don't bother with a stupid brush please! What are these people thinking? It went gloopey and goopy and if I put it directly on my skin the application was too much. If I put it on my hand then that means some product was wasted. I didn't mix it with foundation or other things....some people say that its nicer that way. Nars multiples are better highlighters as well as MAC cream colours like Luna & Shell are great with better packaging and texture and colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff a lot. It's easy to apply and blend, and the color works well, especially with my PPP complexion. I've had the same bottle for years and I use it pretty frequently. I use it as a highlighter on my brow bones, the inner corners of my eyes, the top of my cheekbones and the cupid's bow of my lips. It never looks to glittery and it also blends well wiht Benetint to make a gorgeous natural looking blush. It may seem expensive initially, but condidering you only have to use a little tiny dab in most cases, this bottle lasts forever, making this very economical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok. Originally i hated this. I thought it was just way too light for my olive skin. I also thought it made me look even oilier but i recant that all. I was appying it all wong. After watching about 300 you tube videos i got it! Haha! Actually i like this product alot. A real lot! My glow is amazing! I use this high on my cheek bones, above brow bone and a slice down my nose. I pat instead of rub and it seems to not stimulate as much oil as if i rubbed it in. With this product, less is so much more. A little goes such a long way. Im very pleased and i will definately repurchase when needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ambikas27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love high beam! One bottle lasts forever, and I use it every day! You can mix it into your liquid foundation for an all-over glow, but I like using it on my cheekbones...to make it look like I actually have cheekbones!
    When I first bought it, I didn't really like it - I thought it didn't suit my darker skin tone. Then I saw Karen from Makeup & Beauty Blog's review on it, and the way she dotted it on different parts of her face and then blended. That method works wonderfully! High Beam looks good on all skin tones!
    Benefit puts mini High Beams in a lot of their sets, so it's a great way to try it! The mini ones lasts me almost two months too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Westcoaster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. As others have mentioned, it's pricey but it lasts for a long time. It makes your cheekbones and face contours pop while still looking cute and natural. I love the sparkle! Will definitely purchase again, but probably won't run out for quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by fashionguru14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have a sample size of this from a Benefit sample set of their bestselling products from sephora. I used to think that I wouldn't repurchase this but after using it the last few days I think I will! It's really nice and I prefer the liquid formula to a highlighting powder. I still have enough in my sample so I won't be purchasing it for a while, not to mention it's expensive. Great product for a night-out especially or daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by AarinElizabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great idea, but way too pink and too much sparkle!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by MUArox

This product is very nice, but the Boots 7 Illuminating Lotion is a lot better which is why I won't buy this again.

High Beam is a liquid highlighter that is silvery pink. I'm medium toned so it just shows up as pearly silver with a pink undertone (pink isn't very visible, but I think it makes a difference). Looks lovely and actually doesn't fade out that badly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I do love me some High Beam. This is a great cheek highlight on those minimal-makeup days. If used right, it really brightens up your whole complexion so you look awake and refreshed. I usually just dab a bit on the back of my hand and from there take three smaller-than-pea-size drops and apply to the tops of my cheeks and blend it out. If I'm not wearing any eye makeup, I'll put a tiny amount in the tear duct area and under the brow and bam -- instant eye lift. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff -- but if you do end up overdoing it, I find that dusting over the area with a bit of translucent powder helps to tone it down.

The only gripe I have with this is the packaging -- what's with the nail polish bottle? If this came in a squeeze tube, it'd be five stars for sure.