Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HORRIBLE! I bought this because it's suppose to be 99% natural, which is higher than the other Burts bees lip balms that I love. It may be natural, but something in it irritates the skin on my lips. I'm relieved (sort of) that I'm not the only one who has had problems with this, I thought it was just my imagination for a while. Also, repeated application makes your lips turn a weird reddish orange colour. I would not buy this again.

on 3/10/2008 1:50:00 AM

To be honest, I was actually expecting more from this lip balm, after trying the original one (which I absolutely ADORE). Pomegranate? Sure, it has a red tint but the smell is not very appealing..there's this smell that smells like my dad's beef noodles (in a bad way) that's covering the fruity smell underneath. perhaps I just got a bad tube? who knows. Although, the good thing about this lip balm is that it's very smooth and gives a very sheer red tint and evens out 'wrinkles' on the lips. The smell really bugs me though, so I will not repurchase.

on 3/9/2008 9:59:00 AM

Gosh, I hate this even more than the original beewax balm! Plus, I seem to be allergic to something in it, the inside of my lower lip became raw and very painful, as if someone had scrubbed it with sand paper.

on 3/4/2008 12:41:00 AM

I love this lip balm, I use it all the time or the original lip balm. Very soothing and also gives shimmer to my lips, but not too much like lip glosses. It smells very good and I like the red cap. Great in all aspects, it's affordable, does the job and it's a cute packaging!

on 3/1/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pro's:
-Gives a bit of a HINT of red-ish color (good for fair-skinned people, because it "bring out the rosiness" in my skin)
-Shimmers/glows a bit in sunlight
-Nice packaging
-Lasts a long time
-Protects lips
-Has all-natural ingredients
-Pleasant herbal-ish, fresh scent

Con's:
-Highlights the little folds on my lips
-Costs a whopping 3 bucks for a lip balm

Overall, this is a very good lip balm. I love how well it goes with my complexion. It gives color to my face. I will be repurchasing it for a while, but I will also be trying out different lip balms. =]

on 2/27/2008 10:13:00 PM

this product has a really great smell and taste and also adds a little tint to my lips which is great. i like that it is so small and i can take it with me just about anywhere. i really like this product, but don't think it lasts long enough. it doesn't last through meals and i cant feel after about an hour and a half. other than that, i dont mind reapplying and would buy again.

on 2/22/2008 2:00:00 PM

I'm not convinced by this lipbalm - I got this when my lips were very chapped and I thought the original Burt's Bees might be a bit too painful. Plus I was enticed by pomegranate. It goes on very slick but I found that it just sits on top of your lips, almost feeling greasy and oily. In fact, I found that it just sat on top of the 'chappedness' on my lips without actually helping to smooth anything out! That's the main reason I will not repurchase, because I like lip balms that get absorbed fully into my lips: I somehow feel that that's part of the healing process. Other than that though, the color and slight sheen are nice. I think this might be better as a lipbalm to use when your lips are in a generally healthy condition to begin with, just for extra moisture and slight color.

on 2/20/2008 5:13:00 PM

I love this lip balm! The smell is delicious (fruity--pomegranate, duh), light, not overpowering. It doesn't have that mint tingle (or burn, if you're sensitive) of the original Burt's Bees Beeswax Lipbalm, for which I'm happy. It leaves the lightest blush of natural tint, is very smooth and moisturizing, and doesn't wear off too quickly. I love love love it, right under original Chapstick.

EDIT: After long use, this began actually drying my lips. So sad, because it's pretty. Back to original Burt's Bees, which still works wonders.

on 2/20/2008 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love it. it smells good, goes on smooth and it healed my chapped lips. i have sensitive lips, and my lips immediately dries up if i don't apply this product on. this is good for those who have sensitive, dry and chapped lips. and they say pomegranate is a good antioxidant.

I'm not too sure whether I like this product or not but I do love the slight hint of color it leaves on my lips. It goes on very smoothly, which I like, and it moisturizes quite well at first but does not seem to last for long. The smell isn't all too great or terrible. Kind of has a fruity, herbal aroma. I tried the honey one before and I absolutely hated the smell. I probably will not buy this again because there are so many lip balms out there and I like trying new ones.

Popular Lip Treatments