November 23, 2014 | 1579 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It doesn't really smell like pomegranates, however, I do like the smell. The best thing about this balm is the texture. It goes on smooth. It also seems to add a little color to my lips, which is nice. I haven't found this to be 'replenishing'. I will probably buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by favola

Unfortunately It Stops Working After Awhile,
Leaves Colour On Lips Too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by the_hostess

I was walking through the local CVS one evening and realized I "needed" a new lipbalm, and waltzed over to Burt's Bees. I do not like their original formula because of the mint smell, so I chose the Pomegranate Oil formula. I am so glad I did. It moisturizes very well and makes my lips appear plumper. The packaging is convenient and cute with the cheery, red cap. I love the smell, though at times it can be a bit strong. It's not terrible, but smells a bit like a cocktail. I will definitely be repurchasing, I love it that much.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by VeggiesRock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff today when I got to work because I left my trusty lip balm at home. This was the only cruelty free lip balm they had, so I didn't have much of a choice. I read the ingredients and didn't see any menthol, so I thought it might be okay. Boy, was I wrong!!! The smell is horrible. It smells like cherry menthol cough drops... which makes me ill. The consistancy is okay, not too waxy. I just can't get over them smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by boopboopbedoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't bad, but it's not very moisturizing for me. I do love the scent, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by goldbugkc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strange scent. Not fruity as I expected. Instead it's very herbal and spicy--not baked goods spicy, but rosemary/sage spicy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by bailersfolica

I liked this product a lot; it was a great lip balm BUT when I started to use it, I noticed lots of tiny little bumps around the edges of my lips. When I stopped using it, the bumps started to go away. So I guess I had some kind of allergic reaction to it :( As far as other things go, the smell is really a perfume-y kind of smell in my opinion. When it gets in your mouth, the taste is really nasty, though. I won't be buying it again for myself, but I would definetly recommend for YOU to get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by letyeu

I'm pretty picky about lip balms - usually too waxy or doesn't stay on or terrible colour but I have four of these around me at any given time - one for make up bag, one for my work bag, etc. I love the perfect natural-but-better rosy lips it gives me. And I find the smell very nice - not "fake-cranberry" at all, at least not for me.

My only issue is that if I have really chapped lips, this isn't strong enough (I will then use my Aveeno lip treatment instead). It's a really nice everyday lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent of this balm is just not good, it reminds me of a fake cranberry scent. Any color payoff is soooo slight as to not be significant. I don't see the reason for the rave reviews, it's an ok balm but there are plenty of ok and better balms out there, for the same if not less money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Possibly my new HG lip balm! With just a hint of color, this provides lasting moisture and protection. It also contains pomegrante oil, a popular and effective antioxidant. Like all Burt's products, it's not tested on animals.