October 23, 2014 | 2154 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by blueeyedmonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this brush. I've been using it for about a month and I have never had so much compliments on my skin. My skin is smoother, brighter, and my pores are smaller. I was accustomed to having a few pimples here and there, despite all my other products / devices, and this was the solution I was looking for. I also purchased one for my 17 year old brother who is struggling with acne, and it has made a huge difference for his skin.

I've found that I can use it in a variety of ways, other than just as a cleanser. I just make sure to keep separate brush heads for each purpose!

A few of my favorite ways to use this:
- Once a week I use it to apply a vitamin c peel, using the delicate brush head. Great exfoliation.
- I use it to take off my makeup / sunscreen with jojoba oil, before washing my face with a gentle cleanser. This makes my skin ridiculously soft
- to apply tea tree oil

Oh and finally, just make sure to clean your brushes. I use an antibacterial cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ngvozdov

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had the clarisonic almost a year. I love it and it's great, but it's not the solution for all skin care issues. And I seem to have had a different experience with it than other posters. I have sensitive skin, slight rosacea, and large pores. I also use retin-a somewhat regularly.

when i first received the clarisonic, i used the sensitive brush. i used the purity cleanser by philosophy and my skin developed bumps all over it. i switched to cetaphil, which had been my go-to cleanser, and my skin still broke out. but i loved the clarisonic and could tell my skin was getting a deap clean (which a facilalist told me i needed on a monthly basis -- why pay her when i have a clarisonic?!) so i decided to try an olay cleanser. bingo -- no break outs and my skin was starting to glow. i still had minor black/white heads on my lower chin. after the sensitive brush was trashed, i tried the delicate brush -- it did nothing for my skin. but i used it b/c i'm too cheap to run and buy another brush. last week, i switched and tried the normal brush. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! i also decided to try an olay cleanser with exfoliating beads. some might think this is too much exfoliation -- but the condition of my skin is outstanding. the little bumps on my chin are much improved in just one week. (i haven't used retin-a since i switched to the normal brush, but i'll probably start regular use in a week or so.) since using the clarisonic, i think i've worn foundation once or twice. i don't need it anymore. i wear a little concealer and tinted moisturizer with SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

NOTE: My skin is uber sensitive and rosacea prone.

I'm returning mine. I used it the other night with my LRP Toleriane Dermo Cleanser and the next morning I woke up to many irritation bumps. I used the sensitive brush head that came with it very light-handed, but I guess it's still too much stimulation for my sensitive skin. Bummer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by retrorunway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing- I have been using this for 4 days and my skin has never looked better! Im 35 with dry skin and uneven tone few wrinkles. My skin is glowing and Im using 75% less BE mineral makeup as well. The price is high but QVC has it on easy pay. With all the item Ive bought creams,lotions and potions all while wasting because my skin was not clean its really worth the price since now my Natural Advantage is actually working better than before. My skin is tighter, softer and in four days shows 100% improvement and that is huge. Im hooked. Im using the brush it came attached with and the cleanser. No break outs at all. LOVE IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by helenkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had acne since high school and i have been on the search for the best products that suits my skin for a decent price. This have been my most expensive purchase and i don't regret it at all. It is worth a try b/c you can always return it. Although i do have to agree it is way over priced. I wear make up daily so when I use the clarisonic brush, it really gets rid of all the dirt deep in my skin and as results, my skin has been much clearer. I'm not acne free but since I have less ance=less makeup and hopefully one day i'll be ance free. I use it with my St. ives blackheads&blemish face wash at night and sometimes in the morning. P.S. Clearasil adult tinted treatment cream: great for treating ance! loveee it.. & scarzone. If you're planning to try it out, Costco sales for it about $150 plus with an extra brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ekatherina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using my Clarisonic for 6 months. I wanted to wait a while to give a review because my skin is so finicky. I have had very stubborn, moderate to slightly severe acne, dry spots and oily spots, and lots of hyperpigmentation. I'm used to having a min of 4 large, painful zits and tons of little bumpy ones all over my face at any given time. The only thing that has worked for me in the past are chemical peels (Not glycolic peels but the slightly stronger ones - Vitalize peels, I think?) - those work fabulously, but healing (peeling) downtime is 1-2 weeks and the results don't last for more than a month (plus, they're $200/pop). The Clarisonic has been a life saver for my skin. For the first three months of use, my skin "purged" - BADLY - but for the last three my skin is softer, more even, and I actually don't really get "breakouts". When I do get zits now, they are much smaller and come to a head/go away MUCH faster. Also when I started using the brush, I used the brush on the low, 1 min setting with a sensitive brush head and a sensitive skin cream cleanser. Now I use it on high, 2 min setting with the normal brush with a 2% salicyclic cream cleanser and a 2% salicyclic face lotion, all twice a day. My skin hasn't -ever- looked this good. However, I changed a few other things: drinking more water, washing pillowcases as often as I can remember, and switching my sunscreen (my beloved Neutrogena dry-touch turned out to be a huge culprit... I now use Neutrogena sensitive skin sunscreen, which has titanium dioxide, which I read can help with acne). At night I also use Aromaleigh's nocturne treatment. It is very expensive but if you're skin isn't responding to anything else, its worth it. And I know its a risk on losing $200 if you don't return it before the 30 days but it might be worth it to wait it out for a few months - it was definitely worth it for me. I still might get another chemical peel to get rid of the hyperpigmentation that I still have (the Clarisonic has a minimal affect on this for me) but overall, so glad I spent the money and will never go without it again!

EDIT 3/2/08 - I have switched back to the sensitive brush head, using for 1 min on high power, and have switched to Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil soap (will cross review) and using the Nocturne at night.... my skin has never looked so good!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Well I've had my clarisonic brush for over two years, using at least once a day, sometimes twice, and I feel confident in giving my review. The brush does do an adequate job cleaning/exfoliating, but it is way overpriced. I think the biggest benefit is the timer function which allows you to spend a good amount of time (1-2 minutes) physically cleansing the surface of the skin. I started using the cheapo microfiber cloths from Walmart a few months ago. I've gotten better results (softer, less flaky skin) using these cloths with a light abrasion technique on my face for 1 minute then I ever got from the clarisonic brush. It's not a bad product, but is definitely not worth the price. Save your money. No repurchase.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by BanditKat0824

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm almost embarrased to say that I'm a hater. I wanted to love this and looked forward to really getting clean but I didn't see one bit of improvement in the 30 days I used it. In fact I broke out on my cheeks and my jaw line. The concept is great and the product is undoubtedly wonderful i.e., MUA reviews - it just didn't do much for me compared to the $$$$ spent. I gave it away.

Edit: I'm reading all the stellar reviews of this product and now I'm wondering if my results were poor because I was using the "wrong" cleanser or incorrect serum or something and that's why it didn't work for me. I'm tempted to buy it again and give it another try because of the great reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by andijan

The expense of this still makes me cringe, but I was desperate for something after having my first baby. I couldn't use retinol for the past two years due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. I used this with the sensitive brush head for three months with numerous cleansers, and my face seemed more irritated, fragile and break-out prone. I recently switched to the delicate brush head and Collective Wellbeing Cleansing Cream. Finally, I think this thing is going to work. My skin feels very clean, radiant and smooth.

I'm very relieved that I can say I love this thing. I'm not in a position to waste $200 after going from full-time work to full-time, stay-at-home mom.

I bought mine from the Bliss catalog in Bliss Blue. Just love Bliss!

UPDATE: I stopped using this and my skin started clearing up. I kept using it because I wasn't sure why my skin was still breaking out. I thought it might be end of pregnancy hormones - but 1.5 years of delivery I would hope that would have cleared itself by now. It seemed as if this tool pushed things in my skin more than it helped remove. That being said, I don't wear a lot of makeup, either.
I used the delicate brush on the lowest setting. Finally, I went to the derm and she suggested I stop using the brush. Voila, skin is much better! I returned this thing in hopes that Bliss is understanding that I had too many other things to consider why my skin was still freaking out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Debalina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was thinking about buying this for months, and then when I saw it in pink, I knew I had to have it. I love it. I have dry skin, and it does feel softer. I feel like my skin is cleaner now and I could never back to just washing my face with my hands. Especially after wearing foundation. I am only using this at night now, just because my skin is pretty sensitive. I feel that the Clarisonic has reduced the redness on my face, which is fantastic. I am going to try it with Purity soon because I keep on reading that is a great cleanser with this tool.