August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by KatinkaRosenrot

Germany is Nivea-Land, so you can get it at every corner.
It is said that my grandma only used water and nivea cream and she was neary wrinkleless till her death.
Unfortunately this so not work for me. Probably it is the lanolin and paraffinum. It is very cheap and the packaging and the scent are classics, but exept from winter (sometimes I use it for my cheeks when I got outside) it is way to heavy and I'll break out after a short time.
Every now and then I use it for try areas on my body or my hands, for these purposes it is great.

So if you wanna have an "all purpose tool" for dry skin on your body, like legs, elbows, hands, go and get one. For everything else I prefer the Nivea Soft Cream in the white packaging, it is much lighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

I have this in a little travel tin and I love it for my cuticles. It is nothing really special, just a very thick moisturizing cream. I probably wouldn't be a fan of using it on my whole body, however, as it seems more like paste than lotion and would probably be too thick. For my cuticles however it is perfect, and I like how I can just drop it in my purse and not worry about it leaking since the product itself is too thick. Cheap and effective, would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ujinyoon

I really don't understand the hype on this product. I've been offered this product in the tin can several times for my hands growing up and remember never liking it. Well, two winters ago, I was on accutane so I bought a tube, which I shouldn't have. It feels tacky and doesn't sink in no matter how much I rub it. Moisturizes okay, but I really can't get past the smell. It's too strong and floral and makes me want to gag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by tomatobabie

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! IT'S THE BEST CREAM EVER!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mistym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream works great it leaves my skin so soft...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sofias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use this cream for work cause i type alot all day so it moisturizes my hands so that there super soft.. i really like this product those who don't have it i suggest you go get one..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Every 5-lippied review has already mentioned the excellent qualities of this product
...I have one more thing to add: it heals skin wonderfully.

You know those Veet hair-removing creams for the body? Well (last year) I decided to try it on my upper lip area. The folly of youth. Got my skin burned so bad, raw red skin, and it got worse so fast, all scarred. It was mortifying, had to go to class with concealer above my lips (and it was STILL obvious).

I put on some Nivea creme when I got home...and swear to God..within a few hours, that skin was totally healed. Next morning it was as if the burn hadn't happened. Now I use it after a traumatic wax or whatever.

That's my little anecdote. One more. A guy in my neighbourhood got burned on half his face (long story).

He applied Nivea creme daily (my advice) and now it's healed completely, after a week.

I've never gotten pimples from this cream (although Nivea SOFT is another story)...though the climate of my country is HOT.

p.p.s. By the way, make sure your skin is a bit wet before spreading this on your face. Makes application easier.

***UPDATE*** After letting Nivea Creme absorb for about 10 min, I wipe off the excess film with a clean facetowel. Then on top, I've started applying a layer of plain old castor oil. Castor oil is drying but cleansing, Nivea Creme is moisturizing & healing, but a bit too greasy. Together, it balances out. Never had better skin, been doing it for a week. You might want to try this.
These are the kinds of compliments I got after using this as a night cream: "Where do you go for facials?" [I don't GO for facials!] "Your skin looks great!" "What foundation do you have on?" [Answer: None]

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by TwilightEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost 3 weeks, and love it. A friend got this for me because my face has been so dry this winter. And after the first use I was suprised, it made my skin look rejuvinated! I like that a little goes a long way,it makes your skin so soft, and really does wonders on dry skin. I use this under my makeup, and it makes my skin look so nice...I love it! I highly recommend it, and I will be buying this agin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by makeupdivajunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I have to admit I am a cosmetic snob. Yes, it is true. I had to convince myself to try this creme after reading the wonderful reviews on its effectiveness. I have terribly dry hands since I am an avid hand washer. I have a baby so I wash constantly due to changing dirty diapers, making formula, ect. My hands have really suffered. I used this creme on my hands and they instantly felt more soft and smooth. With continued usage of a few days my hands were soft and smooth. I am hooked! I can't believe this creme is so cheap yet so effective. I am going to give it a go on my dry, cracked heels next. This stuff is worth trying!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cindypretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream works great it leaves your hands so soft & rich they are now selling them at the 99 cents store.. you cant beat that..