Chanel No.5

3.5

on 1/27/2006 10:19:00 AM

I just wanted to answer LindyLoo concerning the No 5 parfum. I don't think it is your chemistry that this parfum doesn't last on your skin, it happens to me too. Years ago, a tiny drop of the parfum would scent you for hours on end, this modern formulation just does not last and I think Chanel should do something about it personally.

on 1/26/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It smelled like bug spray to me and was Way too strong!

on 1/17/2006 4:10:00 PM

FYI- the EDP smells sooooo much better than the EDT

on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

I love Chanel nē5. It is such a classic and by far, this is the best perfume I have ever bought. I can't stand perfume that smells really really strong or too sweet. This is just perfect. The smells last quite long and yet, subtle. It smells feminine and sexy, perfect for any occasion.

on 12/31/2005 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance. It smells so elegant, but sexy at the same time. I purchased a small EDP version of this to try and loved it. It does not smell like an "old lady" fragrance at all. I wear this fragrance with my pumps and feel just the right age, lol. It feels so luxurious on, as though I am being enveloped in layers of the finest cashmere. This is a must have for any fragrance collection.

on 12/26/2005 4:30:00 PM

This is my favourite fragrance for both day and nighttime. I use the EDP, I spray it on lightly, it is very easy to overdose this perfume! It's a balanced floral that feels really sexy, luxurious and elegant without being rough or overpowering. I do understand why some feel that this fragrance might have a bit of an "old-lady" feel to it, but I always get compliments on how fresh, elegant and unique I smell with this on. On me it seems to dry down to this subtle and clean, yet sexy, scent that lingers forever and ever. I can see myself still wearing this years from now. And I love the simple yet timeless bottle as well.

on 12/25/2005 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My mom wears Chanel No. 5 on occasion, and I've always been fascinated with the scent of it. It is the definitive fragrance for me, any time that I think of perfumes. I'm in college, so I think it's a little too mature for me at the moment, but it smells lovely on my mother. It's subtle, but I can always tell when someone is wearing it. I love the soft floral notes in this scent.

on 12/19/2005 11:22:00 AM

Chanel No.5 is my mother's favourite fragrance - but she doesn't own it and I have never smelled it on her; she says that she loves it on other people, but can't wear it herself. Apparently, it doesn't work with her body chemistry - tragic, isn't it?

This means that I've always been aware of it's existence, but I have never sampled it myself before, and I've never really thought of it as a familiar scent. Mother picked up a sample of the EdP for me the other day, though, when she was out Christmas shopping, and when I sprayed it on my wrist I was baffled by the immediate sense of recognition it brought on - oh, it's this one. I know this.

So, it works for me. It's soft, mellow, intensely feminine and quite beautiful; I can see why it is the iconic classic it is. I don't associate it with anyone in particular; it just reminds me very much of something familiar that has more to do with a collective of people than any single person - it reminds me of the women in my mothers family, of my grandmother (although she has always worn one of the classic Guerlains - Shalimar, if I remember right) and all the aunts in the generation before hers.

Somehow, Chanel No.5 brings on a sense of family and tradition for me, more than anything else. I must have smelled this a thousand times, on a thousand women. It's beautiful on my skin, as stated, but I can't imagine wearing it; it's not the kind of fragrance I fall for, and, more importantly, even if I did I wouldn't feel like a person of my own wearing this. I don't think I could make Chanel No.5 my own. continued >>

on 12/15/2005 1:54:00 PM

This is my moms fav. fragrance. she has worn it since i was a baby. On her, it has a pleasing smell, well at least not so in your face as it smells from the bottle. This is supposed to be a classic, but i just dont care for it. Perhaps its because i associate it with older women.

Popular Fragrances