Chanel No.5

3.5

on 2/10/2006 12:22:00 PM

I used to hope that one day I could wear something Chanel, as the women in my life who wear it wear it so well. No. 5 is the last of all the Chanel fragrances I'll even sniff sprayed into the air. It's chemical, harsh, and completely unsuitable for my skin and personality type.

I wore the edp for a very short while when I was 19, after buying it on a whim. It was not something I should have been wearing at that time. As I am now in my 20s, I can appreciate it more. If you like this in the edp or the edt, you should also try Hermes 24, Fabourg; though I like No. 5 much, much better. I hope to acquire the parfum.

on 1/27/2006 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used to wear this way back in high school, so I thought I'd give it another try. I didn't like it at all this time around. Too old ladyish for me. Too stuffy. I much prefer Chanel Allure.

on 1/27/2006 10:19:00 AM

I just wanted to answer LindyLoo concerning the No 5 parfum. I don't think it is your chemistry that this parfum doesn't last on your skin, it happens to me too. Years ago, a tiny drop of the parfum would scent you for hours on end, this modern formulation just does not last and I think Chanel should do something about it personally.

on 1/26/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It smelled like bug spray to me and was Way too strong!

on 1/17/2006 4:10:00 PM

FYI- the EDP smells sooooo much better than the EDT

on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

I love Chanel nš5. It is such a classic and by far, this is the best perfume I have ever bought. I can't stand perfume that smells really really strong or too sweet. This is just perfect. The smells last quite long and yet, subtle. It smells feminine and sexy, perfect for any occasion.

on 12/31/2005 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance. It smells so elegant, but sexy at the same time. I purchased a small EDP version of this to try and loved it. It does not smell like an "old lady" fragrance at all. I wear this fragrance with my pumps and feel just the right age, lol. It feels so luxurious on, as though I am being enveloped in layers of the finest cashmere. This is a must have for any fragrance collection.

on 12/26/2005 4:30:00 PM

This is my favourite fragrance for both day and nighttime. I use the EDP, I spray it on lightly, it is very easy to overdose this perfume! It's a balanced floral that feels really sexy, luxurious and elegant without being rough or overpowering. I do understand why some feel that this fragrance might have a bit of an "old-lady" feel to it, but I always get compliments on how fresh, elegant and unique I smell with this on. On me it seems to dry down to this subtle and clean, yet sexy, scent that lingers forever and ever. I can see myself still wearing this years from now. And I love the simple yet timeless bottle as well.

Popular Fragrances