Chanel No.5

3.5

I know this sounds pathetic but I decided to give this one another try. After getting sucked by Chanel's 12 million dollar 60 second ad with Nicole Kidman, I was compelled to embrace the so called "couture elegance". I must say ... I LOVE IT!!! I bought the 3.4 oz EDP and spritz it on as soon as I got in the car. I love how it compliments my look: pale nude lips, black Sophia Loren smoky eyes, dewy finish and chunky earrings - it definitely seals the envelope. I am entranced by how rich it smells - woodsy, floral, deep - just amazing. I suggest you all should give it a try.

on 2/18/2006 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this smell in the bottle and on other people. I wanted to love it given that it seems to be "the scent" but it smelled like stale cat pee on me. Very chemical with a heavy urea aroma, not even like a perfume. One of the worse scents I've ever tried.

on 2/16/2006 6:27:00 AM

Love love love it. Old ladyish-no way. Nicole Kidman as the Chanel No 5 face ladies-thats pure class. Beautiful,dreamy soft notes. Lovely packaging, Price quite high but for quality-part with your cold hard. However on the down-side it doesn't have staying power. Now Ive worn Stella and Chanel No 5, it seems most people have commented on the Stella only. But hey I still love the No 5. I feel beautiful and sexy as hell when encased in a cloud of Chanel No 5. Plus my boyfriend always calls me bella when I wear no 5. Sigh why can't italian cosmetic houses produce a product like this. Then I could match my scent with my italian stallion.

on 2/15/2006 10:22:00 AM

this is really a classic scent. I like it. I thought this would seem a bit too 'mature' for me because i'm only 20, but i think its a very universal scent. and the lasting power is REALLY good. I sprayed it on one night, and the next morning after tossing and turning in my bed all night, i could still smell the scent on my wrist. i like to wear this out on evenings.

on 2/13/2006 8:59:00 AM

Just wanted to revise my review of Chanel No. 5. Over the years, this was one Chanel that I could never make my own, even though I liked the scent. It seemed to hover over my skin like a cool cloud rather than blending into my skin and warming up to my personal chemistry. One summer I tried the edp and fell in love with it. The florals seemed richer. I still find No. 5 a bit distant and formal, no matter how they try to update the image. But I don't mind that. For those who do, there is always the Sensual Elixir, which is more modern and very nice, too. I hvae yet to try No. 5 in parfum extrait. It's on my "to try" list. :-) I think you must find a concentration in No. 5 that works for you, as they all seem quite different.

on 2/10/2006 12:22:00 PM

I used to hope that one day I could wear something Chanel, as the women in my life who wear it wear it so well. No. 5 is the last of all the Chanel fragrances I'll even sniff sprayed into the air. It's chemical, harsh, and completely unsuitable for my skin and personality type.

I wore the edp for a very short while when I was 19, after buying it on a whim. It was not something I should have been wearing at that time. As I am now in my 20s, I can appreciate it more. If you like this in the edp or the edt, you should also try Hermes 24, Fabourg; though I like No. 5 much, much better. I hope to acquire the parfum.

on 1/27/2006 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used to wear this way back in high school, so I thought I'd give it another try. I didn't like it at all this time around. Too old ladyish for me. Too stuffy. I much prefer Chanel Allure.

on 1/27/2006 10:19:00 AM

I just wanted to answer LindyLoo concerning the No 5 parfum. I don't think it is your chemistry that this parfum doesn't last on your skin, it happens to me too. Years ago, a tiny drop of the parfum would scent you for hours on end, this modern formulation just does not last and I think Chanel should do something about it personally.

on 1/26/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It smelled like bug spray to me and was Way too strong!

Popular Fragrances