Chanel No.5

3.5

Nothing but hype.
If it was a Coty it wouldn't be so popular. I love the reviews that talk about being one of the chosen few, or woman enough to wear it "correctly" Pretty good comedy there.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand what is so appealing about this product - but everyone has their own opinion...Personally I couldn't stand the smell of this fragrance. Hmm

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love fragrance more than anything else. I love many of the classics and lots of the new fragrances as well. Coco Mlle is one of my faves.
Chanel No. 5 is one of those scents that must choose to like you, not the other way around. I am one of the lucky ones. This one seems to disagree with different people's chemistry on a frequent basis yet it has been around for so long!
On me it is a child's Christmas morning and magical memories of the past that soothe and comfort the heart. There is nothing else quite like it when it's loving your chemistry.
It's soft and powdery and sweet and sexy all at once. I truly adore the vintage aroma and lush feeling behind this fragrance as it blossoms on my skin.
When I've worn it I've had some of the most heartfelt compliments about how nice it smells on me.
Thank you Chanel for such a beautiful gift of enchantment in a bottle!
Edit: I don't love it because It's Chanel. I'm not a "brand" oriented person and certainly don't have money but to me this is a soft and cozy scent that doesn't hit you over the head (not the way I wear it descretely) but it's like a lovely baby powdery sort of smell.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Because this is such an iconic fragrance I really wanted to love it. But I don't. It's a very sweet floral with a metallic edge and old-lady-dusting-powder finish. Very artificial chemical scent and very unappealing. Gorgeous bottle, however.

The smell of this perfume seems so serious to me. It does not smell like a fun, girly, carefree perfume. It strikes me as very sophisticated and strong. I feel like I need to be at least 50 years old in order to wear this, which is definitely not my type of perfume. I got this as a gift, otherwise I never would purchase it on my own. So, it depends on personal taste. You want to try something more serious and bold, then this is your type. If you want something floral, flirty, and fun, buy something else.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

CNo5 is one of those scents that definitely work better with some body chemistry than others. It smelled divine on my mother and I always wanted to wear it but never felt it worked for me. After she died I kept her bottles, one unopened that I had given her. Now and then, I wear it and it seems to work for me better; maybe my body has changed. One crucial thing to note is NEVER to waste your money on EDT. You can only get the real depth of CNo5's complexity and charm from EDP.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Coco Chanel did not intend this perfume to be flowery - it is a "chypre" which does not rely on flowers to give the base notes because flowers cannot produce the dry notes in Chanel 5 . It was formulated from musks and dehydes (synthetics) and, I believe, was the first created scent to use synthetics.
If Chanel 5 smells great on you and people notice it, it's just fabulous but it is yet another scent that fades to zero on me . I adore it and tend to spray it on my clothes (where it lasts longer)rather than on myself but my husband (whose opinion counts most of all) makes no comment when I wear it I don't think men find it particularly sexy or memorable.

What is TaniaRides going on about?! Anyone who knows about this perfume's history will know that Coco Chanel Intended for this fragrance to have no flowery natural composition, and was a very well put together piece of chemicals.

This scent is not right for me. I don't think it's the worse, but I'm looking for a scent that is wow on me.

I know this sounds pathetic but I decided to give this one another try. After getting sucked by Chanel's 12 million dollar 60 second ad with Nicole Kidman, I was compelled to embrace the so called "couture elegance". I must say ... I LOVE IT!!! I bought the 3.4 oz EDP and spritz it on as soon as I got in the car. I love how it compliments my look: pale nude lips, black Sophia Loren smoky eyes, dewy finish and chunky earrings - it definitely seals the envelope. I am entranced by how rich it smells - woodsy, floral, deep - just amazing. I suggest you all should give it a try.

Popular Fragrances