November 24, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2003 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! It's refreshing on the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue behind. I like the packaging and it takes makeup off effortlessly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2003 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea1283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the "child proof" type cap so it doesn't spill. I wear contacts and this is gentle and does "take the day off" wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

My HG eye makeup remover! THe absolute best I've ever used !!! I've tried Lancome,....etc....they suck in comparison. This Clinique is soo gentle and takes everything of thoroughly! I don't ever want to be without it! Buy it if you haven't already! You will love it! Hey, and I'm sensitive to everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2003 12:02:00 AM More reviews by umiri

I was introduced to this through my friend's mother and I've loved it ever since. I'm on my second bottle of it and I think it's great. It's just the thing to get off those long lasting paint-like lipsticks (they say to use an oil based remover). They get off the eye make up SO well.
I adore this thing. The best way to use it is before you wash your face. It's consistancy is greasy, but it doesn't sting or irritate. It's the best I've tried. A bit pricey for 15-20 bucks, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2003 2:16:00 AM More reviews by creamm

This makeup remover is really a good product! I'm into my second bottle already, though I only save it for times when I have a lot of eyemakeup to remove (cos it's expensive). It works really well, and is gentle. "For lids, lashes and lips"!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

This is a great eye make-up remover, better than the much touted Lancome Bifacil. I just put it on a cotton ball and swipe my eye and all make-up comes off, even the waterproof stuff. Also, it's non greasy and doesn't sting my eyes at all. I got this in a GWP but I'm going to have to buy a full bottle when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2003 10:52:00 AM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it first came out years ago and at first, I thought I really liked it. It was great for taking off any kind of heavy eye makeup and lipstick residue. However, I began to notice that if I used it more than two days in a row, my eyes would be very red, itchy, and would sting. Not exactly a reaction I felt I should be encouraging, so now I keep the bottle I had left solely for removing Lipfinity and Outlast (nothing takes those off better.) I switched to Lancome Bi-Facil for my eyes and it's much gentler and just as effective (if not even more so.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2003 4:48:00 AM More reviews by kaeruchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

4.2 fl. oz.
Price $15.50

I have to say, I've tried them all:

Chanel's très expensive Demaquillant Yeux Intense Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover
Lancôme's Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover
Biotherm Biocils Soothing Eye Makeup Remover
Maybelline Expert Touch Moisturizing Mascara Remover
And the list goes on an on ...

I finally tried Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips
one day when Biotherm was out of stock and I didn't feel like spending $20+ on Chanel's.
I discovered that Clinique's version really is effective! It allows me to remove any stubborn
waterproof makeup with ease. I no longer have to rub excessively or pull at my lashes. I just put some on a cotton pad and hold it to my lashes. After a few seconds, I simply wipe the mascara away.
I no longer have broken lashes (which I found to happen a lot with Lancôme's version).
I'm so glad that the MAC artist suggested I try it!

The child-proof top is nice because you know that the lid is on tight and won't leak.
This product does what it's supposed to do and does it well. I'm a contact lens wearer and it doesn't
make your eyeballs feel like they're excessively coated, so that's a plus. But really, you
shouldn't expect a waterproof makeup remover not to be somewhat oily, since this is what is needed to make them work. Since I take my mascara off before I wash my face, I find the oilyness to be a non-issue. ^_^

Try it, you'll be glad you did!

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2003 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kana

i'm a die-hard fan of waterproof mascara...so a good eye makeup remover is what i need too. I've tried quite a few eye makeup remover, and this Clinique purple bottle is the best !! it's my staple now, can't sleep without it..(otherwise how do i get rid of my waterproof mascara at the end of day)...this one is totally worth ur $$, and it removes waterprrof mascara like a breeze....i'm finishing my my 2nd bottle *EDIT: the cap didn't stay screwed on when I brough it for travelling, and it leaked. I don't like the design of the cap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried all kinds of eye makeup removers, and this is the best I've found. It removes all traces of makeup without drying out your skin OR making it feel super greasy. You can immediately re-apply makeup if you need to with no problems. I've found that cheaper kinds (like Maybelline) not only burn my eyes, but make it impossible to reapply for hours. And I love that it works on lips, too. This is pricey for sure, but well worth it.