August 27, 2014 | 1742 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

On me, this works better than the concentrated, more expensive version. Which is really weird because the concentrate is supposed to have 3x more of the active ingredient. Well, my wallet is happy at least. er, happier. Since this is still expensive ($70-something for 1.7oz). Anyway- its an orange/tan serum, it goes on nicely, dries quickly without being sticky. its not meant to be a moisturizer, so oily skins might not need a creme afterwards. But I use one after this dries (EL Hydra Bright Lotion). Smells very vitamin-y, but not unpleasant. I wake up and my skin is less red, more even toned, calmer. Seems to heal blemishes more quickly than they would on their own. I noticed a difference the first morning after I used it. The sales woman told me she uses this on small cuts or scrapes, and worked better than neosporin. weird. But I have seen it help heal open blemishes. This hasnt broken me out or clogged my pores. They advertise this for "every woman, every night", which is probably more truthful than a lot of skincare claims, since there arent really any active ingredients like retinol or AHAs/BHAs in it. I thinks its gentle enough for all but the most sensitive skins. Acne prone skins like myself could see some benefit from it too. I doubt it will do much for wrinkles, but it does have lots of antioxidants to help prevent/repair everyday damage from the environment. Although they might destabilize due to the packaging. hm. But in any case, this does calm down any inflammation or redness in my skin, and inflammation is definitely bad in terms of skin aging. EL always seems to be giving away samples of this (much like clinique giving away their DDML) so I can see it being possible to use this without ever having to purchase it. You only need a few drops of it anyway. I bought the 1.7oz bottle, and I anticipate this lasting me at least 6 months. I will update later with the longer-term results.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by cubana718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only con about this product is the packaging because its a little messy, and the price is high (BUT WORTH IT!!). I've been using this product religiously for about 3 months now, i started off with a couple of samples i got GWP and i never stopped. This product moisturizes and soothes my dry sensitive skin. My skin is smoother, and much more even ( I use this with EL HYDRA BRIGHT). I suggest using scrubs once in a while because there tends to be built up skin that can affect smoothness. I also find that this helped with two big patches of Rosacea I had on my cheeks right under my eyes. These things would swell up like a bad mosquito bite, but after using this serum they have gone down to just a couple of little red dots and they rarely get irritated. I swear by this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by bknight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a few samples of this - thankfully I didn't spend $ on this! Bad smell, bad texture, turned my face RED, just didn't help at all. Absolutely would not waste a penny on this junk. Love Estee Lauder but this product is a bust!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

My mom gave me this serum for xmas. I had previously tried several samples and really noticed a difference after one application. My skin feels moisturized and soft. I use it at night. This is one of a few products that have changed my skin and made it more radiant and healthy looking. I will purchase this serum again. UPDATE: Two years later and I am still using this serum. The main reason why, It heals my skin once I get t those monthly breakouts (Hormonal), I have noticed that this serum Calms my skin. Sometimes I get dryness on my chin and this helps to balance my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by 1prettygirl

This serum doesn't do anything for me. I don't see much of a difference, but I do like the smell! Won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

i have good results initially but after sometime it seems to irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by M31212Y

I've seen some reviewer said it's not moisturize enough, that's true.. because this is a serum - not a moisturizer. So you have to apply this serum under your daily moisturizer (especially for people with dry skin). And some people said no result after a couple days...of course it happen because this serum was made for long term usage, it said at least 10weeks *apply am and pm* to see the results. I do believe if I continued to use this product,for the next 10 years my skin will looks the same like today, free wrinkles/lines, because many people has proven this "insurance policy".

If you want a quick result for your mature/damage skin, you should buy the "Advanced Night Repair Concentrate". You will only use this concentrate for 21days every 4months.

For me, this is my ultimate HG skin care that i can't live without! It absorbs quickly into my dry skin, and leaves my skin smooth and supple, it also calming down my skin after peeling or microdermabrasion process.
I've been using it for 2months now, and i can see the different (even thou i have no skin problem, as a reference: i'm asian, very light - flawless skin, 22years old, dry skin/a bit flaky on my nose during winter). My skin looks fresh when i wake up every morning since i've using this product.
And i found it absorbs really well since i started using SK-II facial treatment clear lotion before i applied the serum. I don't even need a night cream anymore since i'm doing this "ritual" everynight. It also even out my complexion,LOVE IT!!
I will repurchased and recommend this product for everyone who want their skin look still younger for the next 10years!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont know what to think about this product just yet. I've only used it for a week, so I cant really tell what its supposed to do for my skin. I have fairly decent skin to begin with, clear even tone with like 4 or 5 freckles. I just hope this doesnt end up being a waist of my money. maybe by the time I finish the bottle it'll have done some good, lol. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Over all I like the packaging but it smells aweful! It goes on smooth and right after I apply my moisturizer. I use EL Daywear Plus Lotion 30spf. I guess I'll repurchase. And to spend $73 +tax, I would expect something better from this company.

UPDATE: 01/12/2008
After wearing this for only a short amount of time I must say that I am very disappointed in the results. After applying the serum and my night time moisturzier with in 5 to 10 mins, I can brush my fingers over my face and instead of feeling soft supple skin, where I've touched my face I get this dry flakey mess! and I have to apply a second layer of my moisturizer, now to some of you that wouldnt be a problem. But I shouldnt have to apply 2 layers at night. Granted I dont think the extra mositure would hurt. So I called EL and got a number for their consumer center and I'm going to find out if anyone else has had this kind of reaction. And before anyone says anything, this has even happened even after showering and using a scrub. Soooo..I'll more than likely return it and either try Oil of Olay Regenerist serum FF or Cliniques Total Turnaround Skin renewer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by patsgirl321

Didnt break me out but i didnt see a difference either...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily3040

i took off one lippie b/c of the price,but i absolutely love this product. it really helps to hydrate my skin with out making me feel like i'm putting something on thick and greasy. all i really need is ANR and a light oil-free moisturizer for during the day.