L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

3.0

Shimmering Conditioning Permanent Colour Gel: Aqua/Water, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Alcohol Denat., Glyceryl Lauryl Ether, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Ethanolamine, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Polyquarternium-6, Oleyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Ammonium Thiolactate, P-Phenylenediamine, Resorcinol, EDTA, Polyquarternium-24, Erythorbic Acid, M-Aminophenol, N,N-BIS(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, 2-Methylresorcinol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol HCl. Aromatic Shimmer Serum: Helianthus Annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance. Shimmer Boost Hydrating Conditioner: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Esters, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquarternium-37, PEG-150/Stearyl Alcohol/SMDI Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

on 1/5/2003 12:04:00 AM

I used the "brazilian brown" color to try to get that gorgeous golden medium brown shade on the box. My hair is naturally a dark ashy brown that has a warmd reddish undertone when the sun gets to it. After coloring my hair--I got a dark red shade instead---I agree with the other reviewer that noted that Feria tends to turn red for those of us who have warmer undertones.

on 11/14/2002 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My fave permanent hair color. Everytime I use it, it gives me better than salon results. I am giving my hair a break with semiperm. Castings for a while, but when I go back to permanent, this will be the only one I use.

on 11/13/2002 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My experience with this dye is it had a nice smell compared to other dyes. Felt oily and like it didn't hurt the hair. The conditioner was wonderful. The dye wasn't that great. It didn't give even coverage. I guess its part of that multi tone thing. Really not good though. I got it in a red tone and it did fade fairly fast and turned to a strange brown tone although all reds fade the fastest though. When you get hair dye you want it to change your hair the color it says its going to change it... not just change parts of your hair here and there. If I wanted to add highs and lows I would just foil off my own sections with a different tone. Also no color swatches of how it will turn your hair on the box which is the one thing I like about drug store brands. It was an ok dye, but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 11/9/2002 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG, I'm amazed I'm conscious enough to even review this!

The fumes were just so strong I think Dr. Kevorkian could use this in his bag o'tricks. This has got to be one of the foulest smelling dyes around - I'm VERY NOT-sensitive to anything, yet this had my eyes running like Jesse Owens late for a bus.

Moreover, the coloring capability wasn't as good as I thought, but I *DO LOVE* the fact they give a LOT of it (great for chickies like me w/ hair down to their waist).

I also wasn't too satisfied w/ the conditioner it came with, didn't leave me feeling as 'conditioned'.

All in all, I'd get it ONLY IF there is NOTHING else available. But I recommend to pick up goggles and a oxygen mask first. continued >>

on 11/5/2002 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried out many brands of haircolor, within the same color family (brown/auburn), and Feria just stinks. It fades within 2 weeks and doesn't have a whole lot of pizazz. I was really not impressed. The only good thing is that they give you a lot of product, which is good if you have longer hair, as I once did. I would definitely recommend other L'Oreal hair color, but not Feria.

on 11/1/2002 2:39:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I dye my hair black & I've used Starry Night quite a few times. Although it turns out beautifully, it seems to fade more quickly than most other brands.

on 10/22/2002 6:44:00 AM

I have been dying my own hair off and on for at least 10 years and I Love this stuff. It works beautifully. If you have dark hair I agree with the MUA reviewer to go 2 shades lighter than the box to get the color right. I forget the name of the color but it is Number 51. It is a beautiful chocalate brown on me!

on 9/22/2002 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I tried this for the 1st time this weekend, in Carmel Kiss, which is described as Dark Iridescent Blonde. Well, the color was so boring - dull, flat, blah. My hair felt fine, it is in great condition to begin with, so no complaints there, but the color was just totally unexciting! I
like to use color to give my hair just a little oomph and have used L'Oreal Casting for close to 10 years and now I know better than to stray again!

on 9/20/2002 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

there is a lot of hype about feria haircolor products, but i find them to be harsh and extremely drying. i have been dying my hair for years (seriously - it would take a team of scientists to discover what my "natural" hair color is), so i have tried just about every hair coloring product on the market. i really think that feria is one of the worst when it comes to drying out hair. the conditioner that comes with the dye, though, is wonderful.

on 9/20/2002 10:02:00 AM

Gives amazing color for exactly 2 days. It then fades and leaves a wake of dull, washed out looking hair that makes whatever hair color you had previously look gloriously fabulous by contrast.