April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eyelean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so sad. I rushed to wal-mart yesterday after having read and watched amazing reviews to buy this. I purchased the color "medium beige" (i am an NC 35 in MAC and 127 in MUFE) which looked closest to my skin tone. This morning I applied it and it looked amazing!!! For reference, I have oily and acne-prone skin with moderate acne scarring and this gave me that air brush look that I could never achieve from my MUFE, MAC Studio Fix, Colorstay, or Este Lauder double wear. It covered up all my imperfections and redness with one layer! The color wasn't an exact match it was a little off too pinkish and you could tell the difference from my neck and face but I figured a little powder and bronzed will fix it WRONG! At about 2 p.m. (6 hours after application) my skin looked waaaay tan and the difference was waaaaay noticeable! However, it looked flawless still and shine free like I had just applied it, which I have never experienced!! So after work I figured I'd try the shade lighter that didn't have such a pink undertone which was "nude beige". I rushed home cleaned off my face and tested this out and guess what? It's WAY too light! Sooooo I'm sad because this foundation truly delivers and it would be my HG if the color selection was better. If you can find a color that matches you I am so jealous!! So, if you have a yellow undertone and are a NC 35 ish, let me save you the heart ache. Don't go buy it. Other than that this is a very good foundation, but now I gotta return both :'( <\3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation overall, the only reason I'm taking off a a rating is because it made me breakout like crazy. The finish of this is really beautiful and although the shade I picked was a little too light for me, it did oxidize a bit during the day and fit me almost perfectly (as perfectly as a foundation has ever fit my skin tone, anyway). The finish of this is very matte and I always use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder over foundations, but for this, I felt like I could skip it. It comes in a lovely bottle with a pump (a HUGE plus, considering most DS foundations usually don't) and come in a wide selection of colors. I'm more yellow/olive toned and I find this entire line tends to run more pink, which is why I gravitated for a lighter color. The only thing to beware about this however is that it does emphasize dry patches and areas. Make sure you moisturize well before you use this foundation. Besides that, it has good coverage but people who are acne-prone like me should be careful about using this product as well. I wish I could use it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this and wanted to love it so much! I have quite oily skin that's prone to breakouts and this sounded perfect for me. I was able to find a good colour match and I love the pump packaging. Even though my skin is oily, I found this foundation made my face look really dull and flat. Something about the coverage was not flattering on my face. I also found it drying to the point of being uncomfortable to wear - it felt like it sucked all the moisture out of my skin and made it feel kind of itchy and tight. Lastly, and very unfortunately, it gave me a pretty severe cystic acne breakout. I feel as though this came from the foundation being so drying, it really threw my skin out of whack. I'm left with several dark acne scars. With so many positive reviews, I'm so disappointed, but way too scared to give it another try. Back to the drugstore it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tresxunique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a god send. Previously, I used Revlon Color Stay for combo/oily skin religiously, but always hated that it felt so heavy and left me oily two hours after application. This foundation solves both of those problems!! My skin is super oily with redness and the occasional zit or two. Covergirl Outlast makes my skin look perfect and natural and is almost invisible to others. I love the super convenient pump and the fact that I can apply it with my fingers and be done in two mins. I find with a powder on top (palladio duo wet/dry foundation) it can last all day without shine. However, I can see why individuals with dry, or older skin would stay away. Thank you Covergirl!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

I absolutely loved this foundation, I get pretty oily in the t-zone area, but with this, my skin was truly matte for hours. The finish looks great, medium coverage. The only reason I didn't give this awesome foundation 5 stars is because I truly believe my skin is breaking out because of it. My skin had been pretty good, a couple of bumps a month maybe, now my skin looks pretty bad. I don't wanna fully give up on it, I'm taking a break to see if this is really whats bothering my skin. If it is, obviously I'll have to get rid of it, but I am truly sad, that this didn't work out because, I loved how matte my skin stayed all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by glassedinheart

I also have been using revlon cs, but it is not as matte as this stuff is. I did just put it on, but it deffinantly amazed me! It's very matte and velvety, cs isn't velvety at all. I have to put powder on afterwards with cs. Although I can see how it may dry ur face up from time to time depending on the weather because it also has alcohol in it, so that would make since. This stuff seems to amaze me so far, and I hope it stays that way!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by PurpleStiletto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this now for a few weeks. I've always used Revlon CS which I love. My problems with this foundation is that it has a very matte finish and I prefer more of a satin finish like the Revlon CS. I also have dry skin so if I don't moisturize well before applying it can leave dry patches. Also, I have fine lines and pores and I've noticed this tends to highlight them more because of the matte finish. I do like that it stays on all day without fading or oxidizing. I've tried this as a concealer and it works great. I also like that the bottle comes with a pump and the price wasn't bad. I would probably say this foundation would be better for oily/normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this applied best when buffed on with my Real Techniques stippling brush. With fingers it was too patchy. Nice medium to full coverage and dries down matte but still looks natural. Sadly shade 805 in Ivory is both too dark and too pink and the next shade up is still too dark for me to get away with. My skintone is somewhere around N10...very neutral pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by jababy3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been a faithful user of Estee Lauder Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay for years... until both companies changed formulas. I still have half a bottle of the original Double Wear that I have been using and I haven't tried the new formula because it has gotten so many rotten reviews on the EL website and I HATE the new Colorstay! So... I started doing my research for a replacement. I read many reviews on the Cover Girl Outlast 3 in 1 and finally broke down and purchased. I am so glad that I did... It honestly reminds me of the original Double Wear. It goes on beautifully, covers all my imperfections, stays all day from 5:30 in the morning until I wash my face before bed at night. Because it lasts so well, so does everything I put on top of it.. I do not touch up throughout the day. My 43 year old skin loves it!! I have been using this for over a month now and have had no complications or issues. I want to thank Cover Girl for giving me the qualities that I love in a foundation but was sure I would not find again. And...from Cover Girl!!! Whodathunkit!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about this product and really thought I would like it, but it didn't deliver like I hoped.

I bought it when it first came out when there was a ton of hype about it and hated it. I gave it another chance after a few friends ranted and raved so I bought again, then realized why I hated it

This is not for dry skinned ladies out there. I always moisturize prior to applying foundation. This foundation applied okay at first, but the bad part was when it began to set. My skin would get super caked from this Some areas, like on my cheeks, the foundation clung onto; other areas, like my nose, were still red, even though I put foundation on it. I spent five minutes buffing away the cakeness off my face, until finally I just buffed off the entire foundation.

If you want a cake on your face, then by all means buy this. Again, this might only work for oily girls