Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Although I wouldn't trade my Naked pallette nor do I regret buying it, I like Naked 2 better for two reasons. You can get cooler looks from this pallette AND the warmer bronzey looks similar (but different) to what you get from Naked. Additionally, the packaging is much better. I dislike the flocking on the initial pallette because it isn't wearing well on the outside. Aside from that, I adore both palettes. The shadows are very high quality with long wear and excellent pigmentation.

on 1/21/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't need to buy other eyeshadows with this palette in my possession. I love the neutral colors and use it almost everyday. I love the metal packaging anherons he double brush that came with the palette useful. The lip gloss that came with this palette is also great. It is easy to apply and looks neutral on me.

I'm hoping UD would come up with a matte palette someday, but Naked 2 is my HG for now. :).

on 1/21/2012 4:54:00 PM

I'm generally a really big fan of UD shadows, and am a very satified owner of the original Naked palette. I jumped at the Naked 2 and have had it for about 3 weeks. The color tones in this palette are really up my alley, most are very neutral and some that are overtly cool or warm. I think this palette makes a great smokey eye, especially because of the inclusion of the deepest, matte black (Blackout) I have every used. Overall, this palette is a fantastic value and I believe worth it even if you already have the original Naked.

on 1/19/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am *in love* with the Naked2 palette. I never purchased the first palette, thinking it mostly hype. Well, once the Naked2 was released, I got caught up in the "I NEED THIS!" and bought it the second time it was in stock. I felt a little buyer's remorse because of the cost, but once I got the palette, I was in love. I've used it every day for over a month. I prefer natural makeup rather than smokey but I feel this palette gives a good smokey eye as well. The formula is excellent and extremely long wearing. It only has 1 sparkley shadow which is good since I'm not a huge fan of the sparkle. The matte and shimmer shadows are incredible. I'm now lemming the first Naked palette. The quality is exceptional and they're worth the pennies!

on 1/17/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got it!! I was wondering if they were going to come out with another one after the first one and they did. I think I like the 2nd one more then the first because I will use all the shades which are more neutral.

This is a great palette!

Angelclarice

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

on 1/17/2012 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm a convert! I saw the original Naked palette and was put off by the dark colours. I have been using the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette for ages - the colour suit me better however they are gritty and can irritate my eyes,

I was skeptical when I received this palette but the colours are wonderful - they work well with my NW20 skin tone (lighter at the minute). They are fool proof - I can even use them and I am very conservative. I love the matte shades and the two dark shades i use as an eyeliner.

I might be able to chuck a lot of my old eye shadows. (Though I'll hold on to my MUA palette!)

on 1/16/2012 11:57:00 PM

This palette is very elegant large mirror the naked gloss that comes with it is very pretty. I use this palette with my original naked palette because it more fun i do have to say the brush it comes with is not good quality! Make sure you have better quality brushes! Other thrn that i totally recommend this!

on 1/16/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I give up. Naked 2 is still way too warm for my cool coloring. Urban Decay does not care us pale girls with cool/pink undertones.

on 1/16/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

The brush is absolute crap. It's scratchy, feels synthetic, doesn't pick up color well. It's a throw away. The eyeshadow itself is the lovely, pigmented, easy to use and blend quality that I've come to expect from UD. To me it's just as shimmery as Naked 1, but the colors are toned down a little so it seems more workday appropriate. I really like Chopper and didn't find the fallout to be excessive, but I tap a lot of the glitter off before applying. I haven't tried the lip color yet, I'm sure it's fine. I like the tin packaging, it feels more secure. I wish it had come with a liner, not the terrible brush, especially since it cost more than Naked 1. I'm NW20 and I can see myself using this set more than Naked 1. I wish it had more matte medium shades for blending, but I supplement with other palettes and it all works out fine. So far I haven't disliked any shades, but it was sheer laziness to put halfbaked in again. It's a nice enough color but I don't need two of them, and it doesn't seem to fit in this set as well as 1. I'd get this set again before buying Naked 1 again. I've been using Naked 1 for over a year without hitting pan on anything, so I'm set on eyeshadow for a long time.

on 1/15/2012 12:26:00 AM

I've been using this palette every day for about a week, and I have no complaints. The shades are so diverse, yet coordinated, that you can use pretty much any shade with any other and make a great look. The shades and textures also lend themselves well to emphasizing the eyes with different methods (darker lids and highlighted brow bones, or bright lids with deep creases, defining outer-v, lined under the eyes, etc. . ..).

The texture and shine of these shadows are lovely. The shine is delicate, but very brightening and light-catching. I think this kind of texture is more naturally flattering than a lot of heavily shimmery/glittery shadows out there. The look is one of luminous, vibrant skin, not showy glitter, which is perfect for both every day and the evening.

These shadows are also highly blendable. They don't just grab blotchily onto the skin or smear about in a mess of muddy color. The powders glide on and shift and move effortlessly under a brush, making shadow application very quick and pleasant, rather than tedious (which can be the case with other shadows).

I got Naked 2 instead of Naked because I have rosy, porcelain skin, and grays suit me better than tans and browns. Still, the golden tones in Naked 2 have worked great for me, and they blend just fine with the cool shades in the palette. Foxy (creamy, matte bone shade) can be used under the eyes to help conceal circles.

If any person were trying to create a simple, but versatile makeup collection, or save money but get a lot, I'd recommend this palette. You get a great selection of high quality, versatile shades that don't take up much space, and the price is reasonable. $50 is a fair bit to shell out at one time, but this palette is worth it, IMO.

Video Reviews & Tutorials