October 26, 2014 | 1004 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by mirapark

I was so, so excited to pick up my Urban Decay Naked2 palette at the mailroom today! I already have the first Naked palette, so I guess you could say I kind of gave in to the hype. It came with a pretty lip gloss in the color Naked and a double-sided brush that feels synthetic and stiff, almost like a concealer brush more than an eyeshadow or a blending brush.

Personally, I like that this palette has a matte ivory color which reminds me of the Vanilla eyeshadow I usually use from M.A.C., it would make a nice highlight under the eyebrows without looking like you have too much shimmer on your face when you do your full eye make-up. I've heard that there were a lot more matte colors for the Naked2 but I only really see three (Foxy, Tease, & Blackout)... so that was slightly disappointing :(

The texture of the other eyeshadows are also very similar to the first palette, most with a velvety shimmer finish and few with pieces of fine glitter. I think that the Naked2 palette definitely does have more cool toned eyeshadows as opposed to the first one which features a lot of warmer, peachy toned colors like many other Youtube reviews have mentioned before.

Overall, I think the Naked2 palette will come in more handy for me because it has less of the eyeshadows with those tiny glitter specks (I don't like to deal with the glitter fall out on my cheeks from colors like Sidecar, Creep, and Chopper). The case also feels more travel-ready because the tin box closes securely compared to the flimsy magnetic flap the original Naked palette packaging. I'll definitely be switching out the dual ended brush from Naked2 with the dual ended eyeliner my Naked palette came with because you can never forget about eyeliners!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I knew immediately that I would like and use this one more than the first. I have a yellow undertone in my body but my face tends to pull pink and yellow so I find that I have trouble wearing certain eyeshadows. I stay away from most pinks, oranges, reds, etc. I was thinking that this would not work on me, but the original Naked palette did not get a whole lot of use from me because it was too warm, although I loved the darker colors in it. So far my favorites are suspect, pistol and busted. I love love the fact that there is a matte highlight color and a matte black. I do not care for the brush and only use the fluffier side to help blend out colors. The shader brush side does not pick up or pack enough color for my liking. And the lipgloss is actually quite nice. I am not a lip junkie and end up wiping any gloss off my lips within minutes but I like the color and feel of it. It is not highly pigmented, but has a nice sheen and moderate stickiness. Overall I love the shadows, most of them are even more pigmented than the first, there a few that are a little chalky, but I highly recommend it. I do not have any dupes for the shadows in it, and I have quite a bit of neutral colors, so that says a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by cathycarmen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i am really enjoying this palette! just last month i got the original naked palette from UD and i was blown away. i was never an "eyeshadow person" until i got it. just 2 weeks after i got an email about the new naked 2 palette and i'm not going to lie, i was a little disappointed because i had just purchased the other one! boy was i wrong! these palettes go together so well. the duo brush is great. verve, pistol and suspect are my favorites so far. i even like the lipgloss it came with... its perfect for the season.. smells just like christmas! it is natural, not slippery like most lipglosses and long-lasting... i will definitely buy a regular size when it runs out. the packaging of the naked 2 seems durable too. i dropped it on the floor by mistake the 2nd day i got it and cringed. thankfully none shattered! i will say the original UD primer potion really helps with application and creasing. i was hesitant to purchase b/c i thought it was a waste a money but its really made a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This may become one of my all time favorite collections. I've used only this palette everyday last week and each day, created 5 different beautiful color combinations/looks. I think what sets this apart from the original NAKED is that there are actually several amazing choices for lid colors (YDK, Chopper, Suspect, Verve, etc) which, in my opinion, makes all the difference for the success of a palette. When I used the original, I always had to bring in another e/s to use for packing on my lid because, while Sidecar was a beautiful color, for daytime it was just too glittery. The only color I really liked for my lids was Toasted but that was kind of boring to be limited to every day. I really never used the original NAKED that much for this reason.
These color combinations make this a great work morning palette as well as a travel palette. I also love the crease side of the brush (the shader part is just ok for packing color on the lid but I like it for precise outer V work if you turn it on its side).

(FYI- I used Nars Primer and NYX Yogurt as a base for all looks)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So. When the first Naked palette came along I had a 6 month long obsession with it before I finally purchased it and since then I've used it a grand total of three times. When this one came out, I felt the same spark and I decided to take the plunge on the first release, hoping beyond hope for better results. It was worth the leap of faith. There are only two colors in the palette that I'm not crazy about (Half Baked & Chopper), the rest are absolutely gorgeous and, most importantly, not too warm for my cool toned skin. The packaging is SUCH a major improvement over the first palette. It's sturdy, has some heft to it, doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart and won't get as filthy as the original. I'm not a fan of the brush that came with it, but that's a minor letdown as the shadows are really superb. I feel like the combination of the two palettes really gives me every neutral shade I need to last me forever (I'm not really into matte eyeshadow). This palette, for me, blows the first one out of the water and I will be getting a lot of use out of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All i gotta say it's a GREAT neutral palette the colors on here are great...but half baked was really NOT necessary AGAIN!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by clothesathand

This migrates to below the eyes. Not a fan. I like the colors but not up to the standards of #1. Please keep this in mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Thought I'd share my two cents on this one.
I'm glad Urban Decay came out with a sequel to the most coveted Naked Palette that seemed to have spurred other brands to come up with their versions of "Naked." And of course once this came out, everyone was on with the comparisons. The original was more bronze and cocoa and warm shades, while '2' were more taupe and neutral shades. I must admit the only reason I bought this palette was for the color Pistol, the gray-brown taupe because I can not get enough of taupe. The other reason I got this palette was because it truly is the palette that I can take anywhere and will probably hit pan on at least one color, which I have never been able to do with my palettes.
Even though I've already tried or have the shades that come in this palette, the combination of them in this palette makes it worth every penny. For example, I already have Half Baked, Chopper, Suspect, Verve, YDK, and Blackout. That's already half the palette I already have in other palettes. I'm actually glad they put in Suspect and Verve which came in the Rollergirl palette because I use them quite often with Blackout from the 15th Anniversary palette in the crease to add definition. Verve is also a great color to highlight the inner corner.
Another standout for me: Foxy. I use Lancome's eyeshadow in Positive because it is the best neutral brow/highlight color without being over the top shimmery.
I've only tried a few looks so far, but I feel like I can create tons more. For example, today I tried YDK on the lid, Busted in the crease and Verve for highlight.
I very much prefer this palette to the original Naked because I did feel it was too warm for my complexion (NC35). I'm glad I bought it when I did because it is sold out! It's also a good thing this is permanent so I can come back for it when I hit pan on Foxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette as soon as I received the email that they were back in stock and I am so glad that I did. I was debating whether or not to get this because I do have the original Naked pal by UD. However, I never reach for it and if I did it was only to use Half Baked (which is in 2) and Smog. It was also far too warm and dark for my liking - not to mention too shimmery. Naked 2 is fantastic because it has a few matte shades (love the matte black) as well as brown and taupe-ish tones which work much better on my golden NC40 skintone. The colors are cooler in comparison to the original and I feel this Naked 2 is the epitome of Naked! This should've been the original! Give this a go ladies if you like the types of shades in the palette! They work well with my light brown eyes and black hair. I would def repurchase if I ever run out! You def get a ton of product for the price! Great value and the packaging and mirror is also much better than the first palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tyheartsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the Naked 2, not sure if i like it better than the original because i have not used it enough(: I got it the day it came out on Urban's website and i do not regret it at all!! I had a coupon so i only paid $48 and of course they have free shipping right now if you spend 35. :D All in all i think it was a wonderful purchase. I would not recommend for lighter skin tones honestly unless you really blend the colors. The colors in this palette are definitely lighter! I love it though so i think it is a must have in any makeup artists collection!