Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 1/15/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought Candy Apple and Peach Parfait. When I think of a lip butter, I tend to think of something like Korres Lip Butter or the ones from the Body Shop. These aren't very buttery to me. They are an amazing shiny lipstick though. I don't find them as moisturizing as people say they are.

I really like throwing these in my makeup bag at work for quick touch ups. I am planning to get more of these.

on 1/15/2012 1:18:00 PM

Like so many others I too bought into the hype and jumped on the band wagon. I purchased three: Tutti Fruitti, Cherry Tart, and Candy Apple. I do appreciate and like how moisturizing they feel, decent pigmentation, smoothness with any tackiness on the lips, and decent colour selection available. What I don`t appreciate is how quickly these wear of my lips and I feel like I`m constantly reapplying. I personally don`t plan on repurchasing any more as I`m sure it won`t be long before another cosmetic company manufactures their own version of this product and hopefully they`ll make something with long lasting wear properties.

on 1/15/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin with a tendency toward eczema breakouts when exposed to harsh chemicals or drying products. My main areas of eczema breakout are my hands and wrists with occasional appearances my face if I have a reaction to a new product.

I really wanted to like this lip butter. The colors are wonderful. The formula felt great going on initially. However, after a few hours I could feel my lips tingling as if they were getting dehydrated. Then to my dismay, I had my first ever eczema breakout on my lips!

I thought it might be the change in weather rather than the lip product, so I stopped all lipsticks and treated the eczema for a while. Once things cleared up, I would go back to using the lip butters and end up with a break out again. I even bought NEW lip butters to make sure it wasn't a contaminated tube. But after 2 months of going back and forth between this product and my higher-end hydrating lipsticks, I've realized that it is indeed the Revlon Lip Butters that caused the eczema on my lips.

I'm not sure what is in the formulation that is doing this. I've never had a lip product cause such a reaction. My advice is to steer clear of this product if you have sensitive skin. Something isn't right.

on 1/15/2012 10:35:00 AM

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing, and gives a nice color to my lips. Of course its not super long lasting but it does stay for a good four to five hours depending on if you eat or drink anything, and I dont mind reapplying it cause my lips need all the moisture they can get.

on 1/14/2012 4:09:00 PM

I really don't understand all the hype around these products! How exactly are they any different from any other moisturizing lipstick? If anything they are worse because they aren't very long lasting. The pigmentation of the lip butters also varies depending on the color (so it's a gamble what you're going to get every time). Yes they are relatively cheap, but I'd rather save up for something long lasting which has good pigmentation in all the colors. I also don't really like the look of the product, its cheap plastic packaging and makes me (a 24 yr old) look like a 12 year old with a lip gloss addiction (when I pull these out of my purse). I also find that the lip butters are kind of messy. The product smudges around the tube.

Love this product, I've almost become addictive in applying them because I like the way my lips feel. I hate lipsticks and I hate the feeling of lip gloss ... this is the best thing out there (yes, there is hype), but they are truly amazing.

Keep in mind, some of the lighter shades are more reminiscent of a tinted lip balm (more sheer), but the darker shades really add color and dimension, so if you had a bad experience try a different color before making a final decision. I've had not issues with dryness, but my lips don't tend to dry out with different products.

I have:
Sugar Frosting - This one is light on pigment and is good as a tinted moisturizer. Adds a bit of subtle shimmer.

Peach Parfait - This one is my favorite, more pigment than Sugar Frosting to add a touch of subtle color to your lips ... in comparison with Berry Smoothie - it has more of a brown hue.

Berry Smoothie - Very pigmented, takes my lips from day to night in an easy sweep. Very build-able and a nice, not over dramatic look, but is sure to turn heads.

Candy Apple - a nice red, does have a hint of orange, but not enough to turn me off. This is very pigmented, and gives your lips a very plump red look while moisturizing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

. I first saw these at Rite Aid with the emma stone display and was curious, but didn't care much about them because I wasn't that interested in them, but..after all the hype and raves on youtube I decided to check out this product myself. I have seen numerous reviews and swatches on blogs and youtube. I first checked target but they didn't have a wide range of colors..but after i looked online on cvs and searched if they had them I ran immediately to the nearest CVS to see what all the hype was about. I wanted to pick up berry smoothie but they didn't have it. =( so i looked at the display and they had a decent selection. I ended up picking up cotton candy which is a gorgeous pink with little gold sparkles in it, which I think is really pretty. I went to target today and picked up Raspberry Pie and Pink Truffle which I got for $6.49 each. At CVS, they were orig. $7.49 but got mine for $5.99 because I had an extra care card.
Packaging: super cute reminds me of the revlon color burst lipsticks because of the quilted design and the tube reminds me of the maybelline color sensational lipsticks with the silver tube. Its nice how there's a clear window so you can see the color before you buy it andd the color the cap corresponds with the color you buy unlike the revlon colorburst lipsticks which just have a painted top.
price: depends on where you live.

Moisturizing: veryy

overall thoughts: raspberry pie appeared a little too opaque on my lips which yells "look at me!" but I think i'll get used to it. Pink truffle is a mlbb color which i absolutely lovee! It also is a perfect everyday color. Cotton Candy is also very pretty as well. it appears as a pretty pink on my lips. I love how these lip butters give you the shine of a lip gloss the moisture of a lip balm andd the color of a lipstick, You get the best of both worlds. =)

Would I repurchase?
Definitely!

I'd love to get tutti frutti, strawberry shortcake, and berry smoothie. =)

on 1/13/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After all the hype I finally bought a lip butter. I bought one in Pink Truffle. I loooove it! It goes on so smoothly and feels amazing. I love the soft color and the great packaging. The only downfall is that they wear off so quickly. But I would still buy them again. At this price and the way they make my lips feel it's a definite must have! Can't wait to buy more.

on 1/13/2012 10:36:00 AM

After reading all the positive reviews I stopped by my local Target and got it for $6.49 in sugar frosting and I LOVE it! I put it on the minute I got in my car, it glides onto your lips smoothly and surprisingly I really liked the light pink sheer coverage. I even love the pink cover over the lipstick. I have really never liked lipsticks until this one and will be picking up more colors as they go on sale!

on 1/13/2012 1:08:00 AM

***EDIT***
I knocked it down form a 4 to a 3 because I noticed that after you start to use it the stick slides around in the container and at about halfway through it breaks at the bottom. Ive had 2 so far that have done this and its really frustrating and messy : / Otherwise I still love them....

I LOVE THESE!!! They are VERY moisturizing (at least for my lips!) and they feel like a balm... but they shine like a lip gloss and apply like lipstick! I have three... apple red (kind of a medium red with a hint of coral), strawberry shortcake (medium natural pink), and peach parfait (light natural neutral peach color). Theres lots of color pay off and I love how comfortable they feel on my lips, I can apply these without a mirror and know that it still looks good! I only wish they lasted a little longer on my lips (only last a couple hours then I reapply) but they do fade gracefully.

Video Reviews & Tutorials