December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Reduced my review from four to three lippies. All of the lip butters that I have purchased bleed all over my lips. I've been using a clear lip pencil and it's helping somewhat. I was going to purchase additional colors, but I have changed my mind. Sorry, but Revlon is a marketing genius and Lip Butters are a perfect example of how efficient the marketing machine really is...

I've been patiently waiting (three months) for the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters to arrive in my area ~ I walked into Walgreen's yesterday, asked the SA for the Revlon Lip Butters and low and behold they were in the store. I decided to start with four shades: Pink Truffle, Red Velvet, Fig Jam and Peach Parfait. Well, I love them all. As expected, I have a few favorites which I mention below. I wouldn't say that this product is a lip balm or lip butter ~ more like a slick lipstick. Some colors are more drying than others. They remind me of the Maybelline Moisture Wear lipsticks that were discontinued last year, which I loved ~ Anyone remember Nude Blush?

All four shades work well with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Red Velvet is the darkest, which is okay, because the color doesn't last long ~ It's a nice shade of red, not too orange or blue red, and it's not too bright for daytime. I wasn't sure about Peach Parfait, but it looks nothing like the national ad on me. It reminds me of the ColorBurst lipstick in Petal. There is a slight shimmer, but it didn't feel gritty to me, and I could barely see the shimmer on my lips. Pink Truffle is great for daytime, and it's the perfect shade of pinkish brown. Fig Jam works too ~ It appears dark in the tube, and it turns out to be a nice stain. I like to mix Fig Jam and Pink Truffle, and I like Red Velvet with Fig Jam. I love the applicator ~ it's perfect for applying without a lip liner. My next purchase will be Creme Brulee, Brown Sugar, Sugar Plum and Berry Smoothie. Four lippies only because this product is overpriced!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by inasaf

I really like this! I have it in Berry Smoothie, which was a little bit too shiny when I first applied it, but after I ate noodles for dinner it turned into a very flattering berry shade :D So it definitely lasts. Also, I love that I can apply it without looking (so, anyone can). My lips are normally a brownish-purplish shade, it's bad, but this shade makes my face look normal. It's non-drying, non-streaky... I love it! I might try it in other colours, but based on some of the other reviews I'm guessing they might be drying. I'm disappointed that there's only product for half the tube, but since I only reapply this a couple of times a day I'm not too bothered by it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jozie14

This product is okay, not amazing, but not the worse. I have this in pink truffle. It's pretty moisturizing, more so than other lipsticks, the color does come out shiny on the lips. However, as other reviewers mentionned, it doesnt last long, and you have to often reapply. Also, the pink truffle turned out darker than i thought on my lips, but now I am used to it, and it's not so bad. I would like to try this in other shades, I also like the cute packaging. Overall, pretty okay, average lipstick. if you like lip gloss, i recommend this, but dont expect it to signficantly moisturize your lips, and expect to have to re-apply several times a day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

The Revlon Lip Butter I got was around 8-9 dollars in the shade 'Brown Sugar'. While I really love the colour of this LIp Butter, I'm not sure whether I got a bad one or not but the one I got was super drying. I put it on and not too long after I needed to go get my lip treatment cause I thought my lips were going to crack. Given this is a lip butter I would have thought the product would have been moisturizing but most of the lipsticks I use are more moisturizing then this. I may purchase another one to make sure I didn't get a bad one but so far I've not been very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

This is pretty good stuff. I bought mine in Peach Parfait after seeing it on Emma Stone in the ads. On my lips, it's more of a pinky-coral. Less orange, more pink. This is fine with me, because that's what I was hoping it was going to be! The one gripe I have about it is that the glitter in the balms are a little gritty, but I can get past that. They are very smooth to apply and pack a lot of color punch. There's a large variety of colors, but about 10 of them are wearable, IMO. They smell a little like cotton candy, but it's not too strong. If you like Clinique Buttershines, you will LOVE these. For $7, I would repurchase. ***UPDATE: I ended up disliking the glitter in Peach Parfait, so I replaced it with Pink Truffle and I love it. It's almost an exact dupe of BB Brownie, FYI. ***UPDATE UPDATE 1/6: Will not repurchase because I like L'Oreal's version better. Still a good product, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these. I only have brown sugar and fig, but want to buy more. I can use this with or w/o a lipliner, but of course staypower is better with the l/l. I can wear brown sugar everyday and the colour reminds me of an old HG of mine from over 10 yrs ago..revlon lustrous almost nude. It's a brownish nude colour. I don't expect much from staying power b/c they are lip butters. I have very dry lips and these feel moisturizing. Using these eliminates my lipstick then lipgloss process, hence making time management faster.
UPDATE March 18/12 I have since bought the colour creme brule and it's almost done! I adore it so much. It's a tad lighter than the previous ones I bought and looks like a nudish brown colour. I can wear it alone or w/ my fav lipliner MAC stripdown. I love that I don't have to use lipstick and lipgloss anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this product a 3.5. It has good pigmentation, decently hydrating, and is easy to apply. However, I'm not crazy about the texture (it seems to almost ball up on my lips) and it is not an adequate substitute for a lip balm. It's a good traveling lipstick though because of the ease of use, and for this reason I would re-purchase. The color I have is berry smoothie, which is a good everyday berry pink color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Beautiful colors! I gave into hype way too early with this product, and thought since frmheadtotoe said it was similar to Dior's High Shines, that this would work for me, since Dior high shines are my HG favourite sheer lipsticks....

However, the only thing different is that after an hour or two these give me a tight feeling on my lips and usually end up with me being chapped :/
That is not something I want with any lip product, chapped lips, no thank you.

I thought it was perhaps just the cold winter, but with trial and error of reapplication during 8 hour work shifts, I realize it is the lipstick, and not me.

I got this in 5 colors, but I did love the pigmentation and colors of Candy Apple, Red Velvet, and Strawberry Shortcake. I also got Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart which I had identical dupes for colors of with my old dc'd high shines!

Great for those who don't peel with this lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

Beautiful! I really dont expect anything from a drugstore brand because you can never try it out unless you buy it. Anyway, alot of people have been raving about this so i gave it a try. I bought the tutti fruti and gumdrop.

The tutti fruit looks like a bright orange but its very subtle when applied to lips, very moisturizing and perfect for spring! The gumdrop i put on top of my pink neavou from mac and this lip combo works for me! Alone, its perfect if you want to have nude lips.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by nycxbabiixgurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely Speechless.! These lip butters plumped up my lips and it make my lips look beautiful:! Ive been searching for them for awhile and i finally came across it at target. They don't carry it at every target. What can i say. Idk theyre creamy...definitely a must have and other reviews basically explain it all. These lip butter are hands down the best cosmetic products ive purchased. I dnt eem use my lip balms now. I use jack black which costs more than these lip butters. Im so excited that drugstores are reallly stepping up their game in improving their items. Yayyyyyyy.! :D LOVE these lip butter so much, that i paid full price for a drugstore item. Bcuz usually they are on sale. But i didnt care. Even the cashier told me that everyone seems to be grabbing these off the shelves and she asked me if it was that good.! I dnt waste my time reviewing products that i think are ok. I only review reLly good stuff or really bad ones. Hope you guys get one. Two. All of the lip butters cuz these are wonderful.!