August 20, 2014 | 996 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful on, but drying, and wear time is not good at all. Will not buy again. Shame, because this LS looks so good when first applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MissB18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm usually very skeptical about drugstore cosmetics, especially lipsticks but my best friend is obsessed with these lip butters and bought one for me to try. I have to admit that I'm extremely impressed with it.
She got me Pink Truffle which is my perfect every day shade. It's lovely on it's own during the day and I can jazz it up with my NARS Como gloss for the night if I need to.
It goes on amazingly well. There's almost an immediate wow-factor when you see the colour/shine payoff and feel how light and smooth it is on your lips.
I feel like it's a nice alternative to putting on a heavier, less comfortable formula of lipstick and gloss on top, especially on lazy days or just when it's not really necessary to have decked out lips.
It's definitely not a long-wear lipstick and I have noticed the formula can be a bit drying.
Still, for being a drugstore brand and fairly cheap I really think it's a great product.
I will replace this one I have now when it's gone and I'm actually pretty excited to try out some of the other shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not bad. I bought the Pink Truffle which is not a standard pink but more of a neutral, great for daytime wear. Lipstick does not usually last more 20 minutes on me and I didn't have high expectations that this "butter" would last at all but, surprisingly, it did! My lips tend to be very dry and I was happy with how supple the lip butter made them look. However, I gave this a three in the overall rating because I expected it to moisturize. After all, it's called a "lip butter". My lips looked soft while it was on but there was no lasting softness after it wore off. I would buy again though, mostly because I like this colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by hanako283

I was never much of a lip colour person, but when I heard about these, I wanted to try them out. They're relatively cheap (though still expensive for drugstore makeup, especially in Canada) and are easily found everywhere (once the hype is over and they stop being out of stock!) What I like most about them is that they don't feel like lipstick, which is great for someone like me who usually doesn't wear any. When it comes to moisturizing aspect though, I did notice some lipsticks are not as moisturizing as others. For example, my Peach Parfait and Cherry Tart are almost like lip balms whereas Raspberry Pie and Pink Truffle give me flaky lips! I don't know what causes this exactly, and I know some people don't have this problem at all. I guess the production is just a little inconsistent! If they were all equally moisturizing, I'd give this product a 5 without hesitation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by deedeeTN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are just not doing it for me. To me they are just a creamy lipstick, and are over priced for the drugstore. I dont like the way that drugstore cosmetics are steadily rising in price......faster than the obligatory $0.50 yearly rise at MAC or the $1.00 hike that NARS enjoys.

Maybe its just me but these would be MUCH better @ $4.99

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tcgGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these! So far, I collected 5 shades: Peach Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Cherry Tart and Brown Sugar. Great formula, not very long lasting, but I don't at all mind reapplying. My only complaint: I do use these fairly often throughout the day but I noticed that they tend to use up pretty quick, regardless. Great colour selection ~ With 20 shades, I'm sure there's something for everyone's taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Ysaldra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in Pink Truffle, and it initially felt very moisturizing and smooth on my lips. Within the hour, however, I developed a small red rash on my upper lip, similar to cold sores I'm prone to (but I always get the cold sores on my lower lip). A couple weeks later, thinking it was just a stress-related skin condition, I purchased another Lip Butter in Red Velvet. Now, I have purchased and worn without incident literally dozens of Revlon lip products, but within 30 minutes of applying Red Velvet my upper lip had puffed up and the skin had become irritated and tight. I don't know what is different about Revlon's Lip Butter formula, but I simply can't wear these again. It's been a week and my lips are still dried out, tight and irritated. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in this product--never had this happen with any other lip product from Revlon (or any other company for that matter). I suggest avoiding these if you have sensitive skin or are prone to cold sores.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Happy and satisfied with the moisturizing quality, pigmentation, and staying power. I purchased Pink Truffle, a tawny rose, and Berry Smoothie, a light plummy pink, for my NC30/C4 light tan Asian complexion. They apply very smoothly and the pigmentation is not quite a lipstick, like 75% opacity. Totally odorless and tasteless. I will wear both these shades constantly; they are both MLBB shades on my NC30/C4 Asian complexion. I love the shine and the slight sheerness means I can apply with ease and without a mirror, lol. They last about 2 hours, about the same as a lipgloss or the Nars Sheer lippies (my usual HG lip). A great deal for $6! Will buy in more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by emilybird

I don't normally buy drugstore makeup, but I bought Tutti Frutti on a whim and fell in love. It's a nice, sheer, orange-y color on me, definitely more orange than coral. I ended up buying Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle today, and hope to eventually pick up a few more.

I find the colors are sheer, but buildable. They're moisturizing and long lasting. They're totally wearable for everyday too. Basically, they're everything I want in a lipstick and super cheap. I highly recommend these

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jcr47