Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

I absolutely adore the formula of these lipsticks/lip butters. The pigmentation is extremely good, they feel really nice on the lips. I want to buy all the colours! I had Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart sent to me by a lovely swapper and I cannot wait for them to arrive to the UK, I'm pretty sure I will purchase most of the other colours. I love them!

I picked up four of these from Ulta (Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, Cherry Tart, and Brown Sugar), and really liked all of them. Peach Parfait, in particular, is pretty good for everyday use, while Sweet Tart and Cherry Tart really add a dash of color to your look. The great part is that there are so many colors to match nearly any event / occasion you could probably think of.

Most of the shades are highly pigmented for lip butters, but the lasting power is only so-so, about a couple of hours. But I wouldn't mind touching up more often because its moisturizing power is pretty good. Importantly (for me) it doesn't melt in the tube the way the Fresh Sugar tinted lip treatments tend to. (I love those, but the way they keep breaking off drives me nuts.) There's a very slight vanilla-like scent to these, but they are tasteless, which I also like in a lip product.

Packaging-wise, I love that the covers are in the same color as the lip butter; it makes it really easy to pick the one you want from your makeup stash. But the fact that they're plastic makes me worry if it can withstand the mess of my handbag without cracking. Will definitely have put these in a cosmetic pouch instead of just throwing it in.

Overall, a good product! I wouldn't mind purchasing these again...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pro/s:
-Beautiful color palette.
-Pretty packaging.
-The shade I got is dark enough so when it dries, it stays on for a little bit longer.

Con/s:
-It's not moisturizing enough for me. I have a dry lips that chaps. So when I put this on (I got the Raspberry Pie). It even dries my lips and leaves these streaks of the shade on.
-The feeling on the lips when it dries is unpleasant. Feels like I have a tight lip.
-Lighter shade might seem too sheer. (I'm light to medium shade).

*I returned mine. It is over hyped.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, I had heard so many great things about Revlon's Lip Butters that I could not help but be interested. I saw them at Ulta, and, as usual, Revlon does not have "testers"--that drives me nuts. Being that my lips are heavily pigmented to begin with, I have a tendancy to really be drawn to lipsticks/glosses/treatments that are extremely sheer (the exception being MAC's Ruby Woo) and moisterizing. I saw this Sweet Tart color and thought that it looked like it was sheer enough. Got it. Tried it on bare lips and too dark. OHHHH...I was so ticked off. Anyway, I decided to just put it on over my OleHenricksen lip balm and it does look more sheer. However, I don't find it to be as moisterizing as everyone says. It stays on for about a minute. I'm just not impressed. Doesn't work for me. Thanks for reading my review and I really hope you have better luck than I did for this. Won't even bother trying a different color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't generally wear lipsticks, but I love these lip butters. They're not as moisturizing as they claim, but they do seem more balm-like than other lipsticks. I love how they come in such a wide variety of shades! I own Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, and Lollipop - out of these, my favorites are Pink Truffle and Peach Parfait because they're just a few shades darker than my natural lip color and are great for an everyday look. For me, Creme Brulee is a bit too sheer/light, Strawberry Shortcake is way too barbie pink, and Lollipop is too dark.

Overall, love the product though!

I purchased this in the color Cupcake. I really like the color and it makes my lips feel so soft! My only complaint is that it doesn't last that long.
I will be purchasing this in more colors.

I purchased these in Sugar plum and Gum drop. Gum drop is way too frosty pink for me. Sugar plum is damn near perfect for my coloring (NW25). The formula glides on and doesn't feel sticky or gummy on my lips. I call it the "unlipstick lipstick" I will definitely repurchase Sugar plum for as long as revlon makes it. Really does glide like butter. Not moisturizing though. But I have other products for that. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like these.
I would not call them balmy. That's a bit far. What I consider balmy is when I can constantly rub my lips together without any pigment or texture problems. WIth these, I can't constantly rub my lips together, which is fine - I did not expect this to be as balmy as some people say they are. For reference, I do not wear balm under these lip butters.
Even though they are not the most moisturizing product, they are not drying either. They feel kind of different from regular lipstick and have more shine than a typical lipstick. I also love the variety of colors offered - some can be sheer, others are really opaque.
I really like these lip butters. They come in great colors, feel better than typical lipstick while having the color of a lipstick, and have really cute (albeit messy at times..) packaging.

Holy LORD, Lip Butters are awesome! They're a bit hard to find here, but you get the thrill of the hunt and an HG-worthy payoff.

These feel like balms (and sometimes I actually forget that I'm wearing lipstick), but look like Dior Addict. I'm not kidding. There are less colours than Dior, but there is still a good variety, ranging from nudes to high-impact reds and fuchsias. I have Lollipop (bright fuchsia) and Cherry Tart (pink-red) and I'm itching for more.

I think these are just okay. Not amazing, not terrible. I bought Peach Parfait and Cupcake. I really like the color of Peach Parfait, because it's just a little darker than my natural lip color with some shine. The sparkle isn't too noticeable, and you don't feel it on your lips. Cupcake is a light, cool pink. Being yellow-toned, it looks a little odd on me if I apply it too heavily. But it could be pretty on someone else. The reason I gave these an overall 3/5 is because they're not particularly moisturizing, and because if you try to build up the color, you end up with little clumps on your lips. The colors are pretty though, so I'll probably go back to look for more.

Video Reviews & Tutorials