Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 1/16/2012 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

PROS: Love the wide color selection. Not too often that you find lilac with drugstore lip colors. It was very easy to find colors to suit my skin tone and shade. Nice, classy packaging, which I find very common with Revlon products.

CONS: Despite the name, these aren't terribly moisturizing. Much more like a lipstick than lip butter or lip balm. I still have to apply a lip balm as a base or else my lips turn dry and chapped. I had high hopes that these would be comparable to Korres Mango Butter lipsticks but evidently set the bar too high.

on 1/16/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another over-hyped product that I was suckered into buying. I got this in creme brulee and peach tart. These are supposed to be more like balms than a lipstick, but they're drying. And even if it was a lipstick, they aren't that pigmented. I did like the packaging though. You know which one you're grabbing for.

on 1/16/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product because it's so hydrating and some of the colors are so pigmented but the lasting power of it is horrible.

on 1/15/2012 8:15:00 PM

Love these. Super pigmented and moisturizing! They leave a shiny finish and last longer than a gloss. I gave this a 4 instead of 5 because they don't last extremely long, but the darker colors do leave a nice stain after the glossy part is gone!

on 1/15/2012 7:46:00 PM

I own these in a range of colors. I have Fig Jam, Sugar Plum, Strawberry Shortcake, Tutti Fruitti, Pink Truffle, Lollipop and Candy Apple. I love them all although I don't find myself wearing the Lollipop as much since it's a bright fuschia. I find for the most part these wear well on me. The glossiness fades and I'm left with a stain that lasts several hours. I find the moisturizing enough but I'm not a lip balm girl. I usually where the long-wearing liquid lipsticks so this is like butter compared to that. I don't like moisturizing lipsticks generally because they slide right off my fuller bottom lip onto my skin. This doesn't do that though, it stays put but feels soft on my lips. I love the pigmentation of these. These are NOT a tinted lip balm, at least the colors I have are not. I've bought several tinted lip balms (such as the ridiculously priced Burt Bee's, Wet-N-Wild or NYX Lip Spa) and those are no match for these as far as pigmentation goes. Those barely show up on my lips, slide off, and are gone after an hour. I get several hours off of the darker colors with these. My favorite is the Candy Apple as it's a gorgeous warm red that really flatters my NC20 skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. My complexion pulls yellow so this looks great on me. Of course not everyone agrees on everything but for me, these are worth the hype. Obviously, or I wouldn't have purchased 7 of them.

on 1/15/2012 7:37:00 PM

WOW! ive been wondering why these have been such a hit and decided to try them out. I searched for them at my walmart and found only 1 left! i decided to get it sense it was in a nice nude color(creme brule). And i love it! Its sooo smooth and creamy feeling:) also its color is beautiful! THIS IS NOT BUYING INTO HYPE!!!!! IT WORKS!!!

on 1/15/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cons:
-not moisturizing...not like a butter
-not at all long lasting (only 1-2 hours)
-expensive ($8.50)
-finishes quickly! (only used handful of times and already 1/4 of its gone)
Pros:
-nice color selection
-nice lipstick/lip gloss hybrid
-overall nice gives a really nice look to lips

I didn't like this product when I first tried it but I am warming up to it. I really do love the look it gives compared to a lipstick. This is thicker than a lipgloss but not sticky. I really wish it stayed on a bit longer and didn't finish up so fast, other than that i do like it.

on 1/15/2012 6:24:00 PM

Love love love love love love LOVE these! <3 I have four of these, Strawberry Shortcake, Cotton Candy, Cupcake & Berry Sorbert & they're ah-mazing! They're literally as soft as butter & they're so moisturizing. My favorite out of the four is Strawberry Shortcake, but I love all 4 of them a lot :) Definetly check these out!

on 1/15/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought Candy Apple and Peach Parfait. When I think of a lip butter, I tend to think of something like Korres Lip Butter or the ones from the Body Shop. These aren't very buttery to me. They are an amazing shiny lipstick though. I don't find them as moisturizing as people say they are.

I really like throwing these in my makeup bag at work for quick touch ups. I am planning to get more of these.

on 1/15/2012 1:18:00 PM

Like so many others I too bought into the hype and jumped on the band wagon. I purchased three: Tutti Fruitti, Cherry Tart, and Candy Apple. I do appreciate and like how moisturizing they feel, decent pigmentation, smoothness with any tackiness on the lips, and decent colour selection available. What I don`t appreciate is how quickly these wear of my lips and I feel like I`m constantly reapplying. I personally don`t plan on repurchasing any more as I`m sure it won`t be long before another cosmetic company manufactures their own version of this product and hopefully they`ll make something with long lasting wear properties.

Video Reviews & Tutorials