Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 1/13/2012 10:36:00 AM

After reading all the positive reviews I stopped by my local Target and got it for $6.49 in sugar frosting and I LOVE it! I put it on the minute I got in my car, it glides onto your lips smoothly and surprisingly I really liked the light pink sheer coverage. I even love the pink cover over the lipstick. I have really never liked lipsticks until this one and will be picking up more colors as they go on sale!

on 1/13/2012 1:08:00 AM

***EDIT***
I knocked it down form a 4 to a 3 because I noticed that after you start to use it the stick slides around in the container and at about halfway through it breaks at the bottom. Ive had 2 so far that have done this and its really frustrating and messy : / Otherwise I still love them....

I LOVE THESE!!! They are VERY moisturizing (at least for my lips!) and they feel like a balm... but they shine like a lip gloss and apply like lipstick! I have three... apple red (kind of a medium red with a hint of coral), strawberry shortcake (medium natural pink), and peach parfait (light natural neutral peach color). Theres lots of color pay off and I love how comfortable they feel on my lips, I can apply these without a mirror and know that it still looks good! I only wish they lasted a little longer on my lips (only last a couple hours then I reapply) but they do fade gracefully.

on 1/12/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So, once again I boight into the hype...once again, I'm kicking myself for it! Bought the Raspberry and the Fig Jam today. Normally I wear only MAC Lipglass or YSL lipsticks and Golden Glosses. I don't know why these are called Butters, other than gliding smoothly, there's nothing to indicate they are moisturizing. I don't care for the Raspberry color, and was shocked to see how vivid the color looked on after swiping the lipstick on in the car without checking a mirror. The Fig Jam is nice enough, but not deep enough for me. What shocks me though is that these bleed all over my lips/mouth AND they last MINUTES on me. Revlon did a great job of marketing these...youtube beauty gurus did a fantastic job of hyping them, but they fall pathetically short of my expectations! The light colors would be appropriate for a young, teenage girl, or someone who doesn't typically wear ANY lip product. For lipstick/gloss junkies, it's just money down the drain!

on 1/11/2012 6:11:00 PM

Bought two of these (Berry Smoothie and Peace Parfait) and I love them! Pros:
Moisturizing--not intense lip balm, but enough for me to notice that it goes on smoothly, even if it has some glitter. Doesn't dry out my lips.
Nice pigmentation--color is vibrant and true to what it looks like from the top. The darker colors have more pigmentation but the lighter ones are ideal for a natural look.
Price--I bought it for $6.99 after looking for it everywhere. Eventually found it at Walgreens in a special section (new product, so it's not next to traditional revlon products). Can be found at CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc...

Cons:
Packaging--like a traditional lipstick, but the cover closes with a snap. Kind of hard to take off the cover but not something I'm too worried about.

The peace parfait has some glitter but it is NOT gritty. The glitter gives a nice tint.

I love the way that it feels when applied--really creamy and smooth. Will definitely buy again and will probably look for more shades.

on 1/10/2012 9:05:00 PM

Bought Sugar Plum & loved it! However after using it 3-4 times daily after a few days, my lips became very chapped. When I stopped & went back to Aveeno & Aquaphor, chapping stopped. Went back again, same problem. Love the color & feel, but didn't work for me. Cover hard to get off!

This is a nice balm but it wasnt what i was expecting. The colors are nice (i ordered 6) and like all the colors i got but it wasnt very moisturizing at all. i would buy again but i honestly think the cover girl nature luxe lipsticks is better.

on 1/9/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love these lip butters! The three I have are really smooth and moisturizing (Candy Apple, Creme Brulee, and Berry Smoothie). I have a major issue with chapped lips so these are nice because if my lips are a little flaky, the color doesn't stick to it and they help moisturize a bit; they're not intensive, but they're decent! I really like the sheen these have along with the color. I'm not a lipgloss person because it gets gross as it wears off, but these fade gradually and evenly. They're just an all around good product.

One lippie off though because they're overpriced.

on 1/9/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this new lipstick line and had heard alot of raves about it. They have wonderful pigmentation, moisturization, and shine. I love how the finish feels in between a lipstick and lipgloss. There are alot of shades to choose from, which will compliment your skintone and taste. I think the lightest shades don't have as much color, but are subtle if you want a natural look.You can see the true shade of each through the clear top of the cap, which is very helpful. The usual price is $7.49 per tube, which isn't too expensive for a drugstore brand and especially for the quality. I highly recommend this!

on 1/9/2012 3:06:00 PM

I haven't bought a Revlon product in quite some time, but a friend turned me on to this product. My biggest complaint is that it hasn't been very easy to find this product in stores. When I did find it, I bought 4 because I wasn't sure I'd be able to find it again.

I absolutely love it. My lips really feel hydrated. It's like having a lip gloss without the stickiness, and a lipstick without the dryness. Raspberry Pie is my favorite fall color. I'd love to see some more dramatic dark shades with this same formula.

I do think the packaging could be a bit more glam/trendy. The current packaging is too "girly", in my opinion.

Product - awesome! Packaging should be revisited.

on 1/9/2012 2:55:00 PM

Found and snagged a bunch of these yesterday! Walgreens had just put them out in a buy one get one 1/2 off sale. So far...

Easy to wear. They aren't as heavy on the lips as most lipstick or thicker balms. Being a Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer wearer, this appeals to me!

LOVE: Raspberry Pie and Berry Smoothie. Raspberry Pie is slightly darker and Berry Smoothie is a MLBB color. They both compare favorably to Lip Shimmers, Revlon colors being a bit stronger.

LOVE: Cherry Pie and Candy Apple. I had tried so many red lipsticks but these seem to brighten my complexion - they look polished and easy to wear.

MAYBE: Red Velvet. I hoped I'd love it based on all the lovely reviews and photos, but it turns out a little dark for me.

NO THANKS: Peach Parfait -- too pale/glittery for my pigmented lips -- it has a frosted effect, makes them look dull and on the whole I look unwell in this shade.

In general, though, I am impressed!

Popular Lipsticks