November 28, 2014 | 908 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by log94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This is quite a good mascara however i was pretty disppointed as it is pretty average especially for maybelline who usually do brilliant mascara. the wand is too big for the little spikes and it doesnt really cover all the lashes 'one by one' so easily. it also makes lashes look quite spidery and clumps them together sometimes. i will continue to use it til it runs out because its grand but i wouldnt recommend buying it- there is a million better mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Issa27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's just average for me. Good at separating, but doesn't really add volume. It also has a tendency to clump and flake easily. Full and Soft is still better than this, imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by alyssabear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite every day mascara. It used to be Maybelline's Full & Soft, but One by One is SO much better. F&S sometimes clumped & smudged on me (oily skin), this one does not clump or smudge at all even after hours of wear. It gives just the right amount of length & definition for every day! No clumping, no smudging, this mascara is pretty much foolproof!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

4.5/5 I really love how foolproof this mascara is because it does not clump and it is the best separating mascara I've tried. Great daytime mascara for definition and length. My favorite dramatic mascara is still loreal's voluminous, but this is great for everyday. Also, I have found that the waterproof formula holds a curl nicely for my asian lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by smalls1881

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara was thin and wet. The bush is oval and round like in the middle, it has plastic bristles. When I took the wand out, I could see the pink bristles through the mascara, I figured I would give it a shot and it was like using watered down mascara. My lashes stuck together and looked thinner and wet. I combed them out and got them back to normal, but washed it off and used a different mascara. I gave it a few more chances, but was not happy with any of the results. I don't think this one is worth a try at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pdubya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh I have been deceived! This product had me fooled. I expected lots of length AND volume, but all it did for my lashes (which are naturally about medium length) is make them look spider-like. Good product for definition I guess, but not for volume. I prefer my Maybeline Falsies.
Cheers :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kmdigian

This product does NOT give exceptional Volume by any means BUT it makes for a great day/work mascara; I love the Falsies for the voluminous effect. One by One does a great job of separating the lashes and bringing them up but no volume. I have very long lashes to begin with so any mascara generally works for me. I used the One by One for work and a toned down day time look. I would buy again but not for volume, I will continue with the Falsies for a more dramatic/night time look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The commercial for this mascara is great. I really liked the model wearing this and the way the lashes are made on her. They look just perfect and voluminous, but this is not what I got when I applied it.
The first three weeks it looked pretty good. It made my lashes black, separated and curled them a little, but then it started to flake terribly and the application became a mess. It would not separate my lashes as it did in the beginning. In the end I don't think this mascara is good at all. You can find other ones that will work just fine for months.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by raeeeofsunshin3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this mascara only because I ran out of my Falsies and my mom had bought it by accident. I do not like this mascara at all. Being a Falsies lover, I like lots of volume and length combined and I feel as if this mascara gave me neither. It takes me forever to apply an amount that looks decent to me and in the end it just looks mediocre and just lifeless on my eyelashes. The packaging is cute like always Maybelline does a good job on that. Think twice before buying this and get Maybelline's Falsies instead!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this after seeing it in a magazine. It did not give alot of volume (the falsies rocks!!!) but it did not clump. It did seperate pretty well also so the one by one part is true but not the volume part.