April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I reallly like this product. I have SEVERE problems with mascaras. Most I can't even use because it either burns my eyes and/or gives me a headache. This one does neither. I also really like the brush design. I prefer the plastic wands to the bristle wands.. and the design is better than the previous. (Lash blast and what not) It really separates the lashes. I also noticed it actually has a nice scent to it too. (at least it does to me) Most mascaras smell gross.. But this one has a floral scent.. almost like roses. I think I have found my HG mascara!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

horrible.

my lashes aren't sparse by any means, but they do look much better with mascara on them, which is why i wear it...

too bad this product can't deposit anything on my lashes! it does coat them fairly cleanly and does separate them pretty well on the first coat, but after that it's all downhill.

i'm going to use this as a first coat before the falsies so i get the separation i want from this and the oomph i expect from a mascara from the falsies.

by itself, though, it's useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this out because I love maybelline mascaras and my lashes do not like to separate for anything. When I first got this I didn't like it because I thought it made my lashes clumpy and I thought it irritated my eyes. Then I found out it was something else irritating my eyes. After a month of using it, I actually really like it. It separates my lashes really well and it makes them very defined and pretty. It adds some volume too. I feel like the formula is pretty dry for the most part at least for me. Other people think otherwise but for me its dry and I like that. All you need is one coat. Sometimes I can add two coats but the more coats you add, the clumpier it gets. It does have that rose scent that everyone hates but it doesn't bother me and you don't smell it when it's on. The brush has absolutely no clumps though. I rarely have to wipe anything off. Overall, pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by keeshondowner

I love this mascara! I was previously using and loving CG Lash Blast in the orange tube, but wanted to give this a shot. I like it even better! The only thing is that it is very wet, but I like my mascara wet. So if you don't, you might not like this.

UPDATE: I changed my mind about this macara. It applies nicely WHILE STILL WET. Once dry, if you try to add more, it gets pretty clumpy. But my biggest complaint is that this mascara flakes pretty badly. Back to Lashblast I go!

Note to self...must not review products until used more than once! LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

This mascara is great! I use a few different Maybelline mascaras; Colossal for the awesome volume, and Define A Lash when I want long, seperated, sharp eyelashes.
I was in love with Colossal for it's drama, but I couldn't deal with the clumpiness. It was good for a week or two then got clumpier and clumpier. Prematurely buying more Colossals was irritating.
I was getting some more Define A Lash at Walgreens when the makeup clerk told me they were having a One by One sale which is said to be very comparable to Colossal in volume. That caught my attention for sure!
The brush is so-so... It's great at gripping and coating your mid-lashes, as far as the outer corner goes, it takes some different angles. It's a pretty creamy formula that evenly coats each lash and kind of seperates them like Define A Lash but also lenghtens and volumizes.

I love it. It's easier to work with and offers a thick, LUSH set of lashes. It also washes off very easily.
As far as the smell, I don't mind it... Smells like a stinky petunia. Can get clumpy, but easily avoidable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by beeeky9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara! I had been using the Colossal one for a long time and i loved that too, but, i decided to try this one..its amazing! Its cheap and it works wonderfully! It lengthens very nicely and gives nice volume without clumping, and it comes off super easy with water!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MsTish89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this after reading all the good reviews here but unfortunately it just wasn't for me. The packaging was fine and you can't be the price. It just didn't wow me. It definitely didn't build on my lashes the way I prefer. It left my lashes very fine and separated but I almost couldn't see them that's how fine they were. Trying to build them up left them spidery. Definitely prefer cover girl lash blast volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

Love this! All the great things people have been saying are definitely true. I was amazed by this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty freakin' amazing. I was using The Falsies, which is also amazing but required some time and patience to apply. I picked up One by One because I wanted to try out the brush, and I love both the brush and the mascara!

The brush really does grab every lash, and the stiff plastic bristles separate so there is no clumping, even when I'm slapping it on in a hurry. I really wasn't expecting how much length the formula gives, at least as much - if not more than - I get from Falsies.

I had to knock off a point because the formula does start to smudge on me by the end of the day, and even though I didn't get the waterproof version it's still hard to get off completely. Unless I scrub with eye makeup remover, there will still be mascara residue smudged under my eyes in the morning.

I'll definitely buy this again, as it's pretty idiot-proof and easy to use in the mornings, and works well for an everyday look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shade: Blackest Black (not wp)
Price: $7.97

So I really wanted to try this after I ran out of my Falsies because I've heard that this one is even better. The first thing that I noticed when I opened the tube was the *very* strong smell...it honestly almost smells like beer. And the smell does not go away. I could still smell it when I was removing my eye makeup before bed. The brush isn't the greatest, especially if you have smaller eyes. I love that it's big, but I don't like that it's a weird tapered oval shape (it makes it really hard to get lashes that aren't directly in the middle) or the tiny, tiny plastic bristles. Other than that, however, I think this mascara is pretty nice.

EDIT: originally gave this a 4. Stopped using it for a while and my tube dried out, so I bought another one. The smell is still awful and the brush still sucks. And now I'm realizing that I really don't like this at all. First coat was nice, but the second got very clumpy and spidery, and every few minutes I find myself brushing off mascara flakes underneath my eyes. Not worth it. The Falsies is better.