Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 3/23/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One by One is easy to apply, easy to build up and doesn't feel dry, flaky or hardens on my lashes. I like this better than Volum Express Colassal but not as much as Full n Soft. It is readily available. I am using the brown/black color combo.

One by One's claim to fame is in the brush. I did find I had to maneuver it a lot less to achieve my lash look - it does require a lot less work than most mascaras! I like that the brush is not huge, or small but a comfortable medium sized brush.

Overall, it is not HG material. However, it is a better than average, safe bet that I imagine may be HG material for many of you. Four lippies for a surprisingly good mascara in a cosmetic world overflowing with duds:) The only thing keeping me from giving five is that I will return to my HG Full n Soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara was easy to apply with minimal mess. But it flakes SO bad. An hour into my morning I would be rubbing and blinking my eyes so much id have it all over because little flecks would get into my eyes. Super annoying. But the hour it stayed on was beautiful! Pfft.

on 3/21/2011 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is quite a good mascara however i was pretty disppointed as it is pretty average especially for maybelline who usually do brilliant mascara. the wand is too big for the little spikes and it doesnt really cover all the lashes 'one by one' so easily. it also makes lashes look quite spidery and clumps them together sometimes. i will continue to use it til it runs out because its grand but i wouldnt recommend buying it- there is a million better mascaras.

on 3/20/2011 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's just average for me. Good at separating, but doesn't really add volume. It also has a tendency to clump and flake easily. Full and Soft is still better than this, imho.

on 3/19/2011 6:39:00 PM

This is my new favorite every day mascara. It used to be Maybelline's Full & Soft, but One by One is SO much better. F&S sometimes clumped & smudged on me (oily skin), this one does not clump or smudge at all even after hours of wear. It gives just the right amount of length & definition for every day! No clumping, no smudging, this mascara is pretty much foolproof!

4.5/5 I really love how foolproof this mascara is because it does not clump and it is the best separating mascara I've tried. Great daytime mascara for definition and length. My favorite dramatic mascara is still loreal's voluminous, but this is great for everyday. Also, I have found that the waterproof formula holds a curl nicely for my asian lashes

on 3/19/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This mascara was thin and wet. The bush is oval and round like in the middle, it has plastic bristles. When I took the wand out, I could see the pink bristles through the mascara, I figured I would give it a shot and it was like using watered down mascara. My lashes stuck together and looked thinner and wet. I combed them out and got them back to normal, but washed it off and used a different mascara. I gave it a few more chances, but was not happy with any of the results. I don't think this one is worth a try at all.

on 3/19/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Oh I have been deceived! This product had me fooled. I expected lots of length AND volume, but all it did for my lashes (which are naturally about medium length) is make them look spider-like. Good product for definition I guess, but not for volume. I prefer my Maybeline Falsies.
Cheers :)

on 3/19/2011 10:38:00 AM

This product does NOT give exceptional Volume by any means BUT it makes for a great day/work mascara; I love the Falsies for the voluminous effect. One by One does a great job of separating the lashes and bringing them up but no volume. I have very long lashes to begin with so any mascara generally works for me. I used the One by One for work and a toned down day time look. I would buy again but not for volume, I will continue with the Falsies for a more dramatic/night time look.

on 3/19/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The commercial for this mascara is great. I really liked the model wearing this and the way the lashes are made on her. They look just perfect and voluminous, but this is not what I got when I applied it.
The first three weeks it looked pretty good. It made my lashes black, separated and curled them a little, but then it started to flake terribly and the application became a mess. It would not separate my lashes as it did in the beginning. In the end I don't think this mascara is good at all. You can find other ones that will work just fine for months.

Popular Mascaras