October 31, 2014 | 1201 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jmebby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a few weeks now and I LOVE IT. At first I was skeptical to purchase this foundation because I get such bad break outs from MAC face products. But after a long hunt for the perfect foundation, I decided to try this out. Background: I'm filipina with golden undertones & I have EXTREMELY SENSITIVE semi oily skin with minimal dry areas. I know that I'm about an NC40/NC42, but after reading reviews about the shades being a bit off, I decided to go to the MAC counter to get matched...BAD IDEA. The first lady matched me to an NC30...I was like are you serious?! In the store it looked okay so I thought "Well maybe that's what they meant by the shades being off" Wrong. I stepped outside and my face was about 5 shades lighter than my neck. The second time I went in, they had matched me to an NW35. Again thinking "this is what they mean by the shades being off" I exchanged the NC30 for the NW35. Wrong again. My face looked like I smoothed self-tanner all over it. Maybe it was just an off day for the people working there because of the holidays or maybe they just didn't know what they were doing. Anywho, I decided to just match myself & picked up both NC40 n NC42 which was dead on. You don't need a lot to get medium coverage (I use 1.5 pumps for my entire face). I don't have anything too crazy to cover, just a little redness. I use a stippling brush to apply and it goes on like butter but dries to a satin matte finish with a subtle glow and does not feel heavy at all. It actually looks like my real skin. I only set the areas where I get oily the most with a translucent powder (MUFE HD) and it stays oil free all day but does not clog my pores; Finally a MAC foundation that doesn't break me out! Best of all, this foundation literally lasts forever. Also, it photographs really well and doesn't leave that white ghostly cast.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by swenada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal to dry skin. I have found that this product leaves a film on my face instead of blending in and looking natural. After 3 hours of wear it seems to just be sitting on my face, like all the liquid has been absorbed and the pigment has become like dust trapped on my face.

I am an NC42 in MAC. I chose it over the NARS because I found that it matched my skintone EXACTLY whereas NARS ( in syracuse) was a bit too brown. However NARS sheer glos blended in well and did not look like a residue of pigment on my face.

I really wanted to love MAC but I am going to play around with it for another 2days and if all else fails then I will have to return it.

If MAC changes it's formulation to correct that 'powdery film' then I will buy again.

Update: I returned my MAC and decided to get NARS sheer glow in Barcelona. I am soooooooooooooo happy now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lovebug415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I had such high hopes for this stuff!! However I do believe this stuff is the cause of some serious breakouts.I have about 6 brand new pimples! YUCK! I really tried to ignore that this foundation was the problem but I haven't changed anything in my makeup routine but this!! Oh well I love the coverage and color match but I love not having pimples more. So i'm still on the hunt for my HG foundation:(
This isn't quite HG for me I'm still searching for that, but this product is pretty damn close!! I have spent a crap load of money this year trying to find the best foundation for my skin and complexion and nothing was really doing it for me. I was kinda loving EL Double Wear but the color was really off so i had to mix 2 colors to match. Well after reading about Pro Longwear and watching a few youtube reviews I went over to Nordi's and got some samples. Well I am in LOVE with this foundation. I have it in NC 40 and it's a great match. I put this stuff on this morning at 8am its now 10pm and my face looks GOOD! YAY!! I live in Chicago and its a snowstorm going on right, I was actually in the elements for a good 30 mins and this stuff didn't move! Double YAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by paulajfitz

I have combo skin which is oily around my forehead and nose but sometimes dry near my chin. It is a good foundation which has good holding power and coverage if you build apon but be warned if you have any dry patches or skin isn't well moisturised, this product will show the cracks on your skin more. Apart from that its a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by risababy

This is my first foundation as a young adult. Before, I used what is known as "BB cream", a sort of thick, tinted moisturizer with SPF.

Firstly, the packaging. Small, but travel friendly!! Wonderful quality, the glass is thick and the locking mechanism is what sold me. None of these will break on you. I have dropped it accidentally quite a few times and everything still looks as good as new! I just wish it would come in a bigger size, ahaha. 5/5

I am an NC15, quite pale. This matches my skintone quite nicely, but the SPF, although very low, will reflect flash in pictures, making you look a tad whiter. I don't mind; people don't notice because I'm so pale anyway.
The coverage isn't bad. It doesn't COVER your dark circles or acne scars, it fades them slightly so they look better. I look more awake and my skin looks clearer. It doesn't make your skin look perfect, but it makes your flaws look natural and more flattering (does that make sense? aha). It's a little like "yes, I have flaws, but damn I still look good." LOL.
And this doesn't make me breakout! Even when I fall asleep with it on!! (I KNOW, IT'S TERRIBLE!)
For the foundation itself, I give a 4/5

I have experimented with other products, leading to awful breakouts. My periods don't help either. But my skin isn't bad, just prone to the occasional breakout. This foundation makes me skin look so much more even and it's a little on the matte side. I tone and moisturize before. This is vital if you want it to look nice! I skipped moisturizing once during a morning rush and and I was chalky and powder-y and just altogether bleh.
It doesn't transfer (YES!). I repeat, IT DOES NOT TRANSFER!
However, it can look streaky if applied wrong. I use my fingers and "pat" it on, concentrating on the parts I want to conceal. Dries down to a natural, glow-y but matte finish. But now I use a foundation and a concealer brush and the finish is much nicer. Not sticky at all. My only grip is that I have use too much of this stuff! I bought this in October. It is now December and I am half-way through.
Application: 3.5/5

Oh and by the way, my mother borrowed this from me and ended up getting her own bottle. She's an NC20, combination-oily, also prone to occasional break-outs, early 40's. She loves this stuff too.

I think it's a good overall foundation, worth the $40 I spent on the little thing. I would DEFINITELY re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by yalanejackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I AM VERY SKEPTICAL OF SPENDING MY MONEY ON PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT GIVE ME THE LOOK I WANT. AFTER READING REVIEWS ON THIS PRODUCT, I DECIDED TO TRY IT. I ACTUALLY WENT TO THE MAC COUNTER FIRST AND LET THEM APPLY IT AND OF COURSE TO ME THEY NEVER REALLY PUT MUCH ON AT ALL! SO I PURCHASED IT AND WENT HOME AND APPLIED IT MYSELF. I USE NC45 IN THE STUDIO FIX FLUID AND ALSO IN THIS FOUNDATION. THE BEAUTY ADVISOR GAVE ME A REALLY GOOD TRICK THAT SHE USES, WHICH IS MIX THE CONCEALER WITH THE FOUNDATION! IT REALLY WORKS! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE THE FULL COVERAGE OF THE STUDIO FIX, WILL GET THE SAME COVERAGE. I APPLIED IT TODAY AND I AM LOVING THE RESULT IT HAS NOT STARTED TO BREAK DOWN, ALTHOUGH I HAVE TOUCHED UP WITH MY BLOT POWDER ONCE. MY FACE REALLY LOOKS GREAT COMPARED TO THE SFF. JUST FYI I HAVE A MILLION BLEMISHES AND DARK SPOTS ON MY FACE THAT I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON TO LIGHTEN AND CORRECT, AND THIS PRODUCT REALLY DOES GIVE ME THAT LOOK I LIKE AND NOT THAT BREAK DOWN OILY LOOK BY THE AFTER NOON. I STILL APPLIED MY MOISTURIZER AND THEN THE FOUNDATION, AND I SET IT WITH DEEP BLOT POWDER. I REALLY HOPE THIS REVIEW HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT IS LOOKING FOR GREAT COVERAGE WITH OUT ALL THE CAKED UP FOUNDATION TO HIDE BROWN SPOTS ETC. I AM NOT TO HAPPY ABOUT THE PRICE BUT FOR THE LOOK I WILL GET OVER IT SOON. JUST AN FYI I USED AN OLD BLOT POWDER COMPACT TO MIX MY FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER SO IT DOES NOT DRY OUT. SO GO AHEAD AND TRY IT AND REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! BE BLESSED!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by MACisWack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since this is the first bottle of foundation that I've completely used up in a VERY long time, I decided it deserved a review. I went out on a limb to try Pro Longwear because I've tried every MAC foundation over the years and each one of them eventually oxidized on me and led to breakouts. MAC finally got it right with this one!

I apply it over primer (Smashbox Photo Finish Light) with a slightly damp sponge in a patting motion, then dust with loose powder (MUFE HD, usually). It glides over the flakes beside my nose, conceals the rosacea in my cheeks, doesn't sink into my pores, stops oil for hours (I'm combo-oily), and it really does last all day. I like a more matte look, so I normally blot with a blotting sheet about half way through the day, but it isn't a necessity. I am very surprised that a long-lasting foundation can look this natural (I'm looking at you EL DW). I've gotten so many compliments on my "skin" since I've started using this (oh, thank you! I just drink a lot of water, exfoliate regularly, and moisturize... psh.).

For color reference, I wear this in NC20 which is a tiny bit dark at the moment but NC15 is significantly lighter (if NC18 existed, I bet it would be perfect). For my pale winter skin, I wear LM Oil Free Foundation in Warm Ivory, BE Matte in Golden Fair, and most Nars foundations in Deauville. I have yellowish-olive undertones with pink-red overtones due to rosacea. NC20 in Pro Longwear has enough yellow to counteract the redness while still looking natural and matching my neck.

Overall, I am very pleased and I can only hope that MAC keeps it around for a long time. Also, props for the pump dispenser.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by milz90

I really do like this foundation, it doesnt run on me, stays in place and i do not have to touch up my makeup throughout the day. I must say it does also keep the oil on my face under control. Enjoying it alot, best applied with stippling brush, it gives a flawless finish.

However it does feel tight on the face, only slightly and applying this with a foundation brush makes the application strikey and uneven.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is ok, the skin does not shine, however, like all the other MAC foundations, the colors are so wrong.
NW is far too pink, NC is far too yellow. How about creating a NN (or NB)range, which would mean neutral beige. I am sure that if there was a beige range, it would sell very well.
MAC, PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Melina8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is great. I love it. I usually break out from all the mac foundations(and other foundations too, exept estee lauder double wear light), but not this one. I wore it for 10 hours and it looked amazing the whole time. It didn't irritate my skin. :)

This one was my favorite foundation before the matchmaster came out...this one is super good but it's to heavy for everyday use...i now use it only when i'm going out or at partys:)

EDIT: My skin has become really acne prone the last year and this is starting to break me out. After trying other foundations this feels so tick now, and it feels almost uncomfortable to use it :( but the coverage is really good so i still wear it at special occasions.