MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 2/10/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn't sure about this product at first. The price was a bit steep for me but i liked what the product said it offered so i went ahead and bought it. i have used mac foundations in the past and they Never seemed to do well on my very sensitive skin. They used to break me out in little bumps and i really hated it. This foundation is by far the best i have ever used, i thought it wouldn't do well with my sensitive skin because i though it would contain more chemicals, but i didn't affect my skin one bit. It never feels like i'm wearing makeup at all and it definatly stays on alllllll day. the colour isnt a perfect match but it blends in well. The finish is amazing awell, its very natural even in direct sunlight it looks like i'm wearing nothing. it does well in controlling my oily nose too. I could go on and on about how much I love this product but i think ill stop right here. I love it and will recommend it to anyone <3

on 2/10/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My Smashbox Surreal Skin Liquid foundation was discontinued (-I had been getting my supply from eBay the last several months, but now cannot find it on eBay), so I needed to find a new foundation since I’m on my last bottle. Price was a factor and I did not want to spend more than $35 for a 1 oz. bottle of foundation. I have not used a MAC foundation in over 10 years, and decided to give them a shot again. My skin is considered normal, which is neither dry nor oily.

I went to the MAC store earlier this week after seeing all the positive reviews on the Pro Longwear. The MUA removed my existing foundation with a wipe, added moisturizer to my face, and applied the Studio Fix to one half of my face, and the Pro Longwear to the other half. The Pro Longwear seemed a bit heavy but did seem to smooth out my complexion a bit more, so I bought the bottle. An hour later, I noticed my face had weird foundation flakes on both sides above my lips/the corners of my mouth on both sides. It was especially worse on the side of the Studio Fix. The Pro Longwear also had flaking but not as bad, and I figured it was because the MUA did not add primer to my face before applying the foundation.

I use Olay Regenerist UV Defense as my moisturizer, then Smashbox Photo Finish primer on top of that, and finally my foundation. I have used this regiment with various brands of foundation, from the expensive brands to the cheap drug-store brands and have never had a problem. I performed my daily regiment using the Pro Longwear foundation and I still experienced flaking after a couple of hours on my face! I had read from reviews that this product dries quickly and to work in small doses, so I did just that hoping to combat the flakiness, but it did not seem to work.

Also, the coverage of this product is on the heavy side, and my face has an unpleasant “maskiness” feel to it that feels unnatural. Even with the cheap drugstore brands, my skin has never felt like this.

I’m going to take this back to the MAC store today and get a refund. Seeing how the Studio Fix also caused flakiness on my face, I cannot recommend ANY MAC foundation. I urge anyone who experiences flakiness to return the product right away because it won’t get any better, even with a good moisturizer or primer like I’ve used!

on 2/9/2011 3:38:00 PM

After having very bad luck with MAC foundations... I have found the perfect foundation!! I have literally tried everything and nothing has worked as well as this has. For the record I have terrible skin, so its hard to find something that covers well and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask. I've read so many great reviews on MUA that I had to break down and try it. I was a little nervous because I've used studio fix in the past and it broke me out sooo bad. But, this foundation is AMAZING. It goes on smooth and blends well and never looks cakey, even after a few layers. It doesn't make my skin oily and it doesn't make my skin break out (I do use UD Pore Perfecting Primer beforehand). But, anyways I love this foundation. It looks perfect on my skin. I will definitely recommend this to anyone! And I will be repurchasing.

on 2/8/2011 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really can't stand this foundation. I'm used to tinted moisturizers or concealer, like Clinique or Benefit - so this switch to foundation was traumatizing. I had a big event to go to, not to mention my skin was really acting up and my normal concealer couldn't even cover the littlest blemishes, so I brought in the big guns. I was looking for something that would last ALL day and not smudge in the slightest. I picked up the $42 bottle, thinking that it had to be the best, hence the outrageous price. I applied it with a stippling brush from MAC for light application. I even tried it two times, my face was SO caked with makeup. I tried with my fingers the second time and with the brush, but it looked like a latex mask covering my face. I was suffocating, and it looked disgusting. Thankfully, the place had low-lighting so that no one could see the cracks and lines that had formed on my face from just TWO HOURS of wear. It made me look old and sad. I hate this stuff. It doesn't even work mixed with moisturizer for a much lighter coverage, it sits right on top of my skin and stays there all day long. Very uncomfortable. Can't stand it. I tried it every-which-way and no matter what it looks terrible. This was just weird.

on 2/8/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation. Before I bought this I was using Revlon Colorstay. I like this so much more than the Colorstay foundation. Colorstay feels and looks like too much for me. I don't like the feeling of makeup on my face. With Pro Longwear, I don't feel like I'm wearing anything. I also like the end result. It's not dewy and it's not matte. It just looks like skin. I do still have to blot maybe once or twice, but I have a sort of obnoxious oil problem only around the nose area. The rest of my face is normal. Me having to blot my nose is not a problem for me. Blotting once or twice throughout the day while I'm wearing this foundation does not phase me as a huge irritation. Right now I'm wearing NC30. I'm thinking I maybe should have gone with a shade darker to NC35. NC30 matches me pretty well although it might just be a tad bit too light. However it's not noticeable.

on 2/8/2011 11:50:00 AM

I finally got my hands on this foundation and I must say. I can't believe it took me this long to buy it!

It's medium to full coverage but not heavy at all. it dries to a matte finish and honestly last all day. (I wear it for 12 hrs and it still looks really good)

on 2/7/2011 12:35:00 AM

After reading all the great reviews on MUA, I figured I HAD to try this foundation. I had tried Studio Fix Fluid in the past, but found it too thick and enhanced my pores so I had my doubts. Well boy was I suprised! The consistency of this foundation is not thick and glopy as Studio Fix. It has a nice satiny feel and doesnt dry to a tight matte finish as some long wearing foundations do. I don't know why one reviewer said you "Would feel like you are wearing makeup". I find totally the opposite. I dont feel like I'm wearing anything at all! Not tight at all on my skin. I do moisturize and use a primer first so maybe that helps. I am NC15 and as others have mentioned, the colors are a little off compared to other MAC foundations. This one is slightly more orange (and less yellow) than other NC15 foundations Mac carries, but it seems to dry a tad lighter than when you first put it on, so its not that big of a deal. They staying power is like no other. I have had this foundation on for 10 hours so far and it still looks great! I havent had to blot AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD. I DO set it with Coty's air spun powder (which is the best) but still am amazed at how natually matte I still look. I will start using my Ponds cold cream again to remove this foundation before washing my face. I definitely will purchase again and again and I think my SEARCH IS OVER!!!! Mary Kay has a good oil free foundation but this blows it out of the water due to being thiner in consistency, looking "like skin" when you wear it, being totally comfortable, staying matte and not oxidizing. I don't honestly think there are any foundations out there that can hold a candle to this one. I'm combo skin and love it. Try it...I dont think you could be disappointed. I did use two pumps but the gal at the store, told me to try one. Tomorrow will try one as I think one can get enough coverage with just one. Try it....You will LOVE this foundation! Good job Mac. As someone else put it "YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!"

edit: 3-2010: this is still a good foundation, but after reading more from MUA and such high reviews on the face and body foundation, i had to try it and I love it...The face and body gives you a glow and you look like you have nothing on which is what i've been lookng for. We'll see how I like it in the summer. For now, I'm using the pro longwear as a consealer until I get new consealer.

on 2/6/2011 3:15:00 PM

This is the only MAC foundation that I have been matched in so I cannot comment if it runs darker, lighter or true compared to the other formulas. I was matched in NC15 and it matches my skin nicely. It gives a matte finish, but not extremely matte. It is heavy feeling, but that is to be expected with a long-wearing foundation. I wear this to my 6-8hr work shifts when I am sweating like crazy and doing physical work and I never need touch ups. It covers most of my acne scars and current acne but I do still need to use concealer on some. It doesn't break me out, but I don't think it would be good to wear this everyday just because it is so heavy. I switch off with this, a TM, and a lighter foundation. I do feel like it would be hard to apply with your fingers or a brush, and I use the SK Beauty Blender dupe. I am definitely going to buy this again when I run out.

on 2/6/2011 7:57:00 AM

This is the only MAC foundation I actually like! Most of the other MAC foundations are just unnatural! I'm in the shade NC20, its not my perfect match, but it looks very nice on me. I love the texture of this, its dewy and soft, it gives a medium coverage. I like that it has a yellow undertone to it, so the redness on my cheeks are completely gone after using only one pump for the entire face! Great job MAC for creating this foundation! I am IN LOVE! I just recently started becoming addicted to buying foundations, and so far I've collected 6. They are all brand new, and I have positive feelings for all of them, but I find myself reaching for this foundation the most!! It is also amazing at oil control. i literally leave my house without bringing a powder, because I know for sure I do not need to touch up for the whole day!

on 2/6/2011 2:07:00 AM

For everyone who says this is hard to apply/dries too quickly: Seriously? That's not a deal-breaking problem. Don't dot all over your face then blend. Just work in sections and make sure to give it a good buff after. Problem solved.

I was using Revlon Colorstay before this. I loved the formula of Revlon Colorstay, but the closest colour I could find was still too pink and ashy on me (Sand Beige), as I'm Asian with very yellow undertones.

I've tried Studio Fix before in NC20, but it broke me out so I only used it for special occasions (for my prom, it was awesome), but I wanted to find a foundation suitable for everyday use.

In comes Pro Longwear. HELLO. It's a light-medium foundation with a very natural finish. I have NC20. I usually prefer matte finishes though, so I powder over this lightly so it's matte but still natural-looking. It wears beautifully, and doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I generally have pretty nice skin. (Combination: dry/normal cheeks, oily nose, VERY oily forehead). This foundation controlled oil reasonably well (not as well as Revlon Colorstay, but still enough so that I didn't have to powder every 2 hours). It's like my skin but better. My boyfriend would complement me on how amazing my skin was, and he never knew I wore foundation everyday haha.

My only complaint is that the Pro Longwear foundations seem to be a tad peachier than Studio Fix, which kinda sucks because I need foundations to be extremely yellow. I can tell the difference in colour between my face and my neck (face is pinker, neck is yellower). But it's still a pretty close match, and an awesome foundation :)

EDIT:
Also, people who say this is "THICK" in consistency....NO IT'S NOT. It's THIN and runny like Studio Fix Fluid and Revlon Colorstay. You don't mean 'thick', you mean 'opaque'. Opacity has nothing to do with viscosity. Thick = viscous, Opaque = not see through. Get the terms right.

Video Reviews & Tutorials