September 1, 2014 | 2160 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by BlaiddDrwg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when the weather was still warm, and it worked okay. It was a bit drying, but since I'm already using olive oil to moisturize every other day, it was okay.
But then came winter. Even though I started applying olive oil every night (yes, my skin is THAT dry), the foundation just dried out my skin to the point, where if you looked a little close, my skin was spotted. The foundation had laid itself in little patches all over my face, instead of one layer. I tried mixing it with some extra moisturizing serum, applying it with a sponge, nothing worked. So now I'm saving it for summer.
Probably wont be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply a product that I wanted to love, but it failed in a few ways. The texture is thin and requires a standard foundation brush to really adapt to the skin in the best possible manner, but it can get thick quite easily. However, thinned with a drop of Care Blends oil, it tends to be just about perfect. That being said, I'm not commenting on the formulation when modified by a Care Blends oil. The formulation is pretty dry on the other hand. While I like a natural matte finish, this still feels pretty powdery and my skin doesn't look particularly real. The coverage is medium to buildable, which is to be expected. It doesn't spread as well as I'd like. But the pump is great, the color selection is a bit yellow but still good. I think it could be better, but if you're leaning more oily and you want some strong coverage, this is worth looking at. It's just not as impressive as I'd like it to be. However, it does hold up all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by junglette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must be doing something wrong because I read a bunch of reviews and none of them mentioned that when you touch your face after putting this on, it feels like a you are running your hand across a one of those weird-feeling painting canvasses. It's hard to describe but, if someone were to touch my face -- they would be like WTHeck is wrong with your skin??!!?!?

Anyhow, that is the only reason why I didn't like this foundation. I like to be able to touch my skin when I have foundation on and it feel like -- well -- skin. This foundation did not do that for me. So back it goes to MAC.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Ix3Chewie

This foundation was just okay.. I didn't feel like it was that great. Most of the reviewers on here said it's one of the best from Mac but I personally thought this foundation wasn't as good as the Mac select foundation. The reasons why I didn't like it as much was because the foundation is VERY hard to blend. I used a foundation brush, sponge, Mac 109, Mac 187 and my hands to see which would be the easiest to apply this foundation with and I find my hands to be the easiest to apply this foundation with. First this formula is VERY drying so you'll need a really good moisturizer. I had to use a thick moisturizer or else it would've been harder to spread and blend all over my face. I wore this for a week to test and see if I should keep this foundation or not but I think I might be returning this product. This foundation does provide a heavy coverage and it will help keep your face semi matte for awhile but I don't think it stayed matte on my face for over six hours. My t zone area started to oil up but it wasn't too bad. The one thing I like about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. It's more sanitary than the other foundations. At least we don't have to pay an extra six dollars for a pump. If you guys are curious to try this product out I suggest getting one shade lighter because this foundation tends to be darker than the other foundations. I'm a Nc 25 in my select but I had to go down a color (Nc20) because the Pro long wear seems to run a bit darker. I really wanted to like this product since everyone had good reviews on this product but I guess this product wasn't meant for my dry/ oily face.

p.s I don't know if this product is making me break out or not but I'm noticing three new blemishes on my face. =(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sarahelaine2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this foundation. I am a NW 20 (pale, blonde hair, blue eyes) and the coloring is a bit more orange than I'd like. I tried the NC 15 also and it washed me out completely. I was willing to deal with the NW 20 being a little bit orange until I went to a rehearsal dinner and wedding this weekend. This foundation REFLECTS like crazy in flash photography. It was embarrassing and ruined all my pictures. The foundation is borderline too dark for me yet in pictures my face is WHITE and ghost-like. I even tried wearing it without any finishing powder to the wedding reception and I still had the same problem. I only wear foundation when going to special events so the fact I can't be photographed in it completely defeats its purpose for me. *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is so close to perfect! I have probably tried 20+ different foundations over the past few years... drugstore to high end. In comparison to other liquid foundations, none of them compare to this.

I had been wanting to try this foundation so when I went shopping for Black Friday I stopped by the MAC counter. I asked the lady for a sample but unfortunately she didn't have any sample jars. She asked if I would like her to apply it so I could wear it around for a day. I agreed. When she was done, I was in awe! I have issues with acne and scarring and with this foundation on, you could barely tell I had skin issues at all! The best part is that it looked natural, not caked on or heavy. The finish is kinda matte/satin - glowy but not overly so. Well, I bought some other stuff and waited on the foundation. I walked around the mall for a few hours and couldn't stop staring at my face in every reflective surface I passed.. lol. My skin just looked amazing. I ended up going back to MAC before I left and purchasing the foundation. SO glad that I did! It puts everything else I own to shame.
This foundation covers so well, I barely need concealer.

Now, my only issue with this foundation is the fact that it's so long-wearing it is a pain in the booty to take off at night. After using two face wipes, Clinique Take the Day Off balm and my Clarisonic with my Origins cleanser... I feel like it's totally off my face. For this reason, I don't wear this foundation everyday. I rotate with my Chanel powder foundation.

Other than that, this is my Holy Grail - thank you MAC for finally releasing a fantastic foundation!

UPDATE: August 2012 - I am still using this foundation, and still LOVE it! I wear an NW25 now. Since I started working for MAC, I can definitely compare this to the other foundations and this is by far the best!
I am using Simple makeup remover wipes, and my Clinique cleanser, toner and moisturizer and my skin looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by chelle988

I have been using this foundation in NC40 for about 2 weeks now, was a little skeptical to purchase since Studio Fix broke me out, but trusted the reviewers on here and went for it. This foundation is great for oily skin or combination, i wouldn't say its full coverage but is buildable. Also wouldn't say it completely mattifies me all day but instead of making me oily it gives me a nice glow. Overall great product and packaging, has not broken me out and color the same as studio fix and lasts all day 7am-10pm !!! ..will repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by andyM269

I absolutely love this foundation. I have super oily super difficult skin. All the foundations I have tried in the past either melt away within an hour or two or end up all flaky and gross within a few hours.
With this foundation I have to touch up only once though out the day (I work 9-12 hour days) which is amazing because with any other foundation I have to be constantly touching up because my skin is so oily that I'm always shiny. I stays put all day, which is amazing since no other foundation has lasted longer than three hours on me.
I'm also very impressed with the pro longwear concealer. My face tends to be very red and the concealer and foundation really cover all the redness and just leaves me with great looking skin.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging, I don't really like glass containers but really I don't care when the product is so amazing.
I will definitely be re-purchasing this foundation. This is my HG foundation.
For girls with oily problematic skin I definitely recommend you try this one out.

EDIT: so after using this foundation everyday for work I started to break out.... So that's another fail... I had such high hopes and was so excited to have a foundation that lasts all day and keeps me matte... I'm so sad it makes me break out because it really does look great on my skin... I'm giving it a one because there's no point to having a product that looks great and lasts all day if it breaks me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by antelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

i swapped to using pro longwear after using studio fix fluid for months and months. it's a light to medium coverage foundation, leaning on more of the medium side, described by mac as having a 'natural' finish. the finish of it is lovely, it's slightly glowy looking but not at all dewy.
the wear of it is lovely, it stays on all day well and holds up in warm and cooler conditions. it doesn't make me break out or dry my skin out, and it seems to control shine for me as well.
the colours however are a little off. i wear nc40 in sff, but nc35 in pro longwear. the nc40 in plw was not as yellow toned as the sff, but nc35 provided a better match. 40 dried slightly orange/beige. i would recommend going to mac to be colourmatched with this one as ordinary colours are not the same.
i think it will be a permanent swap from sff to plw for me, i prefer the formula and how it looks. there's also a plus of the bottle coming with a pump. it is different to other long wearing foundations on the market such as estee lauder doublewear as it's not as heavy, and with a wide range of shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really bummed about this product. At first I thought I had finally found my HG foundation. It has amazing coverage, it stays put, looks and feels close to natural (not completly because this is a full coverage foundation), and even the packaging was pretty good. I never traveled with this, but if I had I would have wanted a better way to secure the top. Basically this foundation was "the one" until after about 4 days of wearing it I noticed my skin was getting really dry and breaking out in dry flaky spots. It took me over a week to get my skin back to normal after I stopped using this. I was really shocked it dried me out because I'm combo/oily, but wow....I think this foundation is probably best for those who have very oily complexions. I said I wouldn't repurchase, but I may be tempted to next summer when I get more oily.