September 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by yalanejackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I AM VERY SKEPTICAL OF SPENDING MY MONEY ON PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT GIVE ME THE LOOK I WANT. AFTER READING REVIEWS ON THIS PRODUCT, I DECIDED TO TRY IT. I ACTUALLY WENT TO THE MAC COUNTER FIRST AND LET THEM APPLY IT AND OF COURSE TO ME THEY NEVER REALLY PUT MUCH ON AT ALL! SO I PURCHASED IT AND WENT HOME AND APPLIED IT MYSELF. I USE NC45 IN THE STUDIO FIX FLUID AND ALSO IN THIS FOUNDATION. THE BEAUTY ADVISOR GAVE ME A REALLY GOOD TRICK THAT SHE USES, WHICH IS MIX THE CONCEALER WITH THE FOUNDATION! IT REALLY WORKS! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE THE FULL COVERAGE OF THE STUDIO FIX, WILL GET THE SAME COVERAGE. I APPLIED IT TODAY AND I AM LOVING THE RESULT IT HAS NOT STARTED TO BREAK DOWN, ALTHOUGH I HAVE TOUCHED UP WITH MY BLOT POWDER ONCE. MY FACE REALLY LOOKS GREAT COMPARED TO THE SFF. JUST FYI I HAVE A MILLION BLEMISHES AND DARK SPOTS ON MY FACE THAT I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON TO LIGHTEN AND CORRECT, AND THIS PRODUCT REALLY DOES GIVE ME THAT LOOK I LIKE AND NOT THAT BREAK DOWN OILY LOOK BY THE AFTER NOON. I STILL APPLIED MY MOISTURIZER AND THEN THE FOUNDATION, AND I SET IT WITH DEEP BLOT POWDER. I REALLY HOPE THIS REVIEW HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT IS LOOKING FOR GREAT COVERAGE WITH OUT ALL THE CAKED UP FOUNDATION TO HIDE BROWN SPOTS ETC. I AM NOT TO HAPPY ABOUT THE PRICE BUT FOR THE LOOK I WILL GET OVER IT SOON. JUST AN FYI I USED AN OLD BLOT POWDER COMPACT TO MIX MY FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER SO IT DOES NOT DRY OUT. SO GO AHEAD AND TRY IT AND REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! BE BLESSED!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by MACisWack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since this is the first bottle of foundation that I've completely used up in a VERY long time, I decided it deserved a review. I went out on a limb to try Pro Longwear because I've tried every MAC foundation over the years and each one of them eventually oxidized on me and led to breakouts. MAC finally got it right with this one!

I apply it over primer (Smashbox Photo Finish Light) with a slightly damp sponge in a patting motion, then dust with loose powder (MUFE HD, usually). It glides over the flakes beside my nose, conceals the rosacea in my cheeks, doesn't sink into my pores, stops oil for hours (I'm combo-oily), and it really does last all day. I like a more matte look, so I normally blot with a blotting sheet about half way through the day, but it isn't a necessity. I am very surprised that a long-lasting foundation can look this natural (I'm looking at you EL DW). I've gotten so many compliments on my "skin" since I've started using this (oh, thank you! I just drink a lot of water, exfoliate regularly, and moisturize... psh.).

For color reference, I wear this in NC20 which is a tiny bit dark at the moment but NC15 is significantly lighter (if NC18 existed, I bet it would be perfect). For my pale winter skin, I wear LM Oil Free Foundation in Warm Ivory, BE Matte in Golden Fair, and most Nars foundations in Deauville. I have yellowish-olive undertones with pink-red overtones due to rosacea. NC20 in Pro Longwear has enough yellow to counteract the redness while still looking natural and matching my neck.

Overall, I am very pleased and I can only hope that MAC keeps it around for a long time. Also, props for the pump dispenser.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by milz90

I really do like this foundation, it doesnt run on me, stays in place and i do not have to touch up my makeup throughout the day. I must say it does also keep the oil on my face under control. Enjoying it alot, best applied with stippling brush, it gives a flawless finish.

However it does feel tight on the face, only slightly and applying this with a foundation brush makes the application strikey and uneven.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is ok, the skin does not shine, however, like all the other MAC foundations, the colors are so wrong.
NW is far too pink, NC is far too yellow. How about creating a NN (or NB)range, which would mean neutral beige. I am sure that if there was a beige range, it would sell very well.
MAC, PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Melina8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is great. I love it. I usually break out from all the mac foundations(and other foundations too, exept estee lauder double wear light), but not this one. I wore it for 10 hours and it looked amazing the whole time. It didn't irritate my skin. :)

This one was my favorite foundation before the matchmaster came out...this one is super good but it's to heavy for everyday use...i now use it only when i'm going out or at partys:)

EDIT: My skin has become really acne prone the last year and this is starting to break me out. After trying other foundations this feels so tick now, and it feels almost uncomfortable to use it :( but the coverage is really good so i still wear it at special occasions.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this b/c of the salesperson at MAC. Unfortunately, there is nothing amazing about the product. IT does the same effect as Revlon CS but $20 more. I actually did one side of my face with CS and the other with MAC and saw no difference; after 8hrs of work..both were on my face and have the same coverage. I would not buy it again b/c theres no point in wasting so much money. I don't even know why I steered away from my makeupforever foundation...I need to save up and go back!
BTW: i have heard of MAC foundations having a tendency to have ppl's faces to break-out but this did not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MmmaSweets

For super slick, super oily skin like mine, as I shine like a yellow plate of grease by 11 a.m., THIS has done a really great job! I would usually blot about every 2 hrs because of the mega shine on my forehead, using this I only need to blot once around lunchtime and then later around 5p.m. if I'm picky. Even then, the oil that comes through is more like a dewy shine and NOT the grease that I had before.
Applied w. the 187 at around 7 a.m., the foundation is still on my face at around 6 p.m., talk about Pro Longwear!!
Med. coverage, doesn't cover all my acne caused pigmentation, but that doesn't bother me as I need it more for an allover teint-settling effect. It does transfer though, so I wouldn't rub my white shirts/ sleeves on my face. And it does oxidize noticeably, so sample first. Still, my HG for foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by BlaiddDrwg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when the weather was still warm, and it worked okay. It was a bit drying, but since I'm already using olive oil to moisturize every other day, it was okay.
But then came winter. Even though I started applying olive oil every night (yes, my skin is THAT dry), the foundation just dried out my skin to the point, where if you looked a little close, my skin was spotted. The foundation had laid itself in little patches all over my face, instead of one layer. I tried mixing it with some extra moisturizing serum, applying it with a sponge, nothing worked. So now I'm saving it for summer.
Probably wont be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply a product that I wanted to love, but it failed in a few ways. The texture is thin and requires a standard foundation brush to really adapt to the skin in the best possible manner, but it can get thick quite easily. However, thinned with a drop of Care Blends oil, it tends to be just about perfect. That being said, I'm not commenting on the formulation when modified by a Care Blends oil. The formulation is pretty dry on the other hand. While I like a natural matte finish, this still feels pretty powdery and my skin doesn't look particularly real. The coverage is medium to buildable, which is to be expected. It doesn't spread as well as I'd like. But the pump is great, the color selection is a bit yellow but still good. I think it could be better, but if you're leaning more oily and you want some strong coverage, this is worth looking at. It's just not as impressive as I'd like it to be. However, it does hold up all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by junglette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must be doing something wrong because I read a bunch of reviews and none of them mentioned that when you touch your face after putting this on, it feels like a you are running your hand across a one of those weird-feeling painting canvasses. It's hard to describe but, if someone were to touch my face -- they would be like WTHeck is wrong with your skin??!!?!?

Anyhow, that is the only reason why I didn't like this foundation. I like to be able to touch my skin when I have foundation on and it feel like -- well -- skin. This foundation did not do that for me. So back it goes to MAC.