MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My Holy Grail foundation! I've tried almost every brand out there. For the record, I have normal skin, yellow undertones, and I wear NC 30. It blends beautifully and covers my redness and leaves my skin slightly matte but not dry looking. I don't always dust loose powder on top. i love the pump dispenser, its much easier to control than the matching concealer. the formula is lightweight and long lasting, I rarely need a touch up (only when I blow my nose a lot). Definitely will re-purchase!

on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For the record, Im an NC42 in this product, asian with acne scars on both cheeks. This has a really good medium coverage and covers my acne scars beautifully. It has a dewy finish that actually makes my face natural and HG. however, a couple of hours later, my face becomes too matte for my liking even though Im acne prone and oily. It makes my face looks dull and pale looking. But I guess the fact that its winter may have some factor I wished it left that nice dewy finish but maybe I'll use this in the summer instead since it did control my oil pretty well..
EDIT!
ok, i gave this another chance and i wore it for a week. this broke me out): i should have known never to return. if you're acne prone, watch out for this. this gave me cysts and my face was almost free of acne after all the hard work ive done. now, i have to calm it again. GAH!

on 2/1/2011 3:06:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! its super lightweight feeling and gives medium coverage. and it does infact last 15 hours! it looks so natural and does not transfer when i hug my hubby (cause he wears white shirts)
my fave mac foundation by far.
I'm NC 40 normally... but in the pro longwear im an NC42

on 2/1/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It seems this is one of the few mac foundations that has a decent rating and is well liked here on MUA. However, my experience with this is not the same as most. I personally dislike this foundation. The shades for darker skin tones seem to be a bit off from their other foundation matches...a bit on the ruddy side, while the warm shades have way too much yellow in them. Then the finish is glossy, at least on me it is. If you are looking for a matte, polished look, unless you top this with powder, this alone will not do. I also found it extremely thick. And on top of it all, every single time I've used this I have broken out in ugly pimples. Dislike.

on 1/30/2011 10:41:00 PM

I wish I could like this product better, since there are so many good reviews on it and I was looking for something oil-free and long-lasting. My main problem with this foundation is the color. I'm a NC 25 but the SA matched me with NC 20 in this. Even being asian, this color is a little too yellow for me and looks like a mask on my skin. I know NC25 wouldn't work either, coz it looked orange on me when I tried it. Also, this foundation doesn't photograph well- my face looks pale and flat. The only way I can use it right now is to mix it with my TM or BB cream so it gives more coverage and color balance.

on 1/28/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

FINALLY, I've found you! With the exception of the price, this is as close as I've come to finding my HG. The coverage according to the website is sheer to medium, but you can definitely get full coverage with a bit more product, and you don't need a lot to begin with. It stays put all day, great on my dry sensitive skin, and the color is perfect. I'm an NC15 and initially I was told this would be a little yellow, but whatevs cuz it's perfect. Better than studio fix. Worth the 30 bucks? yes. I just wanted the best of both worlds. But oh well. This stuff is awesome. I need not say more.

on 1/28/2011 1:07:00 PM

I really do love the coverage of this foundation. I actually have always loved the coverage of all my Mac foundation but I stopped using my Mac studio fix since it broke me out. This foundation has the right coverage and the staying power is super excellent. However, since it has such a great staying power, I have problem removing my make-up. Regardless of what I do I still feel that they just stick to my face. When I used my Clarisonic to wash it off, it stained the brush and took me a few days before the brush got clean again. However as I have oily skin this is still my HG foundation. But it is not available at my place yet so I ordered online and got a shade that is a little bit too dark for me. The concealer is dark too so though I love it I cant use everyday and can only use it whenever I use this pro longwear foundation (I wish to use it everyday but it's a little bit too hard to wash off at the end of the day so I use it only when I need my foundation to stay the entire day).

I'm really loving this foundation. I use a flat dense Kabuki brush and it works really well to apply a medium to full coverage. I was matched with nc35 but I think it might be to dark for me right now since were still in January and I'm usually an NC 30 in the studio fix fluid. The texture and blend ability is really good, very lightweight feeling, and comes with the built in pump. I pray that this does not break out my skin over time because I'm really loving this formula. The only thing is that I feel like I have to use more product to get my usual coverage that I get with my double wear with just two pumps ): Will update in about a week...

Update: exchanged it for nc 30 and its working out much better. No major breakouts, much better color match then my dw and lasts the stated 15 hours. However if I'm in a hurry and really pressed for time I reach for my double wear instead. I find that I have to work with this much more then my double wear and use more to give me the coverage I'm used to. I love both foundations dearly so I consider both of them my HG foundations each with their pros and cons just depends what look I'm going for that day (:

Update: sad to say but with daily wear this broke me out like -no other. ): I just have bad luck when it comes to Mac foundations. My skin is just starting to bounce back to normal. Unfortunately some scaring is on my jaw line and will take some time to fade. Am definitely sticking to my estee Lauder from now on. Besides the perfect color match it never lets me down (:

on 1/23/2011 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

got a sample of this to try as i was worried that the studio fix would break me out and i heard that this one doesnt. I washed my face, moisturised very well and proceeded with adding this foundation....it was absolutely horrible!! it was like chalk, very very hard to apply, no matter which technique I tried. It was sticky, dried almost instantly, making it even harder to apply equally, and my face looked as if I had melted chalk and smeared it all over my face. my bf looked over at me and said 'WASH IT OFF NOW'!!! lol. I have to say, this is the worst foundation I have ever tried, so I am surprised by all the positive reviews.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great foundation. It covers well, is packaged well and stays put all day long. It's a little more matte at first, but after it has "set" and is coupled with the slightly shimmery Mineralize powder, it looks a bit more natural. It's a little tricky to apply at first because it is so thick. You have to work in sections. It works well as a concealer if applied with a nice concealer brush.

In the winter I have found this a bit drying (definitely apply to well moisturized skin!), but overall I think it is a great foundation. Covers, matches my NC15 pasty pale skin and does not break me out.

UPDATE: Still love this foundation! Right now I mix it with my face moisturizer (L'Bri pink moisturizer), and it's easier to apply and is less drying that way.

Video Reviews & Tutorials