September 21, 2014 | 972 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

first off, didn't mean to buy the waterproof one but WOW, is it waterproof! you need some serious makeup remover to get it off. this mascara really does give me fake-looking eyelashes. if i wear a few coats, it's a very intense look-i actually get 'your lashes are so big/long it's almost weird' comments. not good if you're going to be wearing sunglasses since they brush against the lenses too much. the formula is very wet so just be careful to let it dry before applying other makeup.

i like to use another mascara on the ends for some length. bought this on a whim but was pretty pleased and would def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Ashleyeurotrash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara really does lengthen and thicken eyelashes. My eyelashes are already pretty long but with this mascara they were Touching the lowest point of my eyebrow! The problems with this mascara though weigh out the benefits. For one, every Half hour I have to wipe the top of my eyes because I get vertical black lines from the smudging. And two, this is work taking off. I absolutely hate those oily eye makeup removers but with this mascara you need one. Even after wiping each eye with both sides of two cotton pads there is still some mascara left. I always just give up and go to bed. Overall it's just not worth it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by mysugebe

i usually use my dior show for a basecoat and my voluminous carbon black as the topcoat, and that makes me look like i have false eyelashes on.
i have been trying to find the perfect WP mascara for my vacation coming, and eventho i had troubles with stiletto and maybelline mascaras ingeneral, i just had to try it with the raving reviews it has on here. this mascara does have have that false lash effect it advertises, but it takes a lot of work to achieve it. it makes my lashes look like i only have a few lashes and sticky up in the air, if you know what i mean. i have to wait a few seconds for during each coat for it to separate better. i have naturally good enough lashes for mascara, so i usually have no problem with finding mascaras as far as volume and length, but it's just the smudging and staying power.
the major CONs of this product is...
1. THE FLAKING. omg i feel like i have something in my eye every 5 seconds and im always walking around like i sticking my hand in eye. not pretty. i have the same problem with waterproof stilleto.
2. the removal of this product is virtually impossible without a damn good makeup remover. and eventho it's waterproof, once you on in the water, the lashes come back out really weird, and starts flaking like crazy. might as well not wear any mascara then.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Annagraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like! I don't have much luck finding mascaras, because of my straight asian lashes. I have tried a lot of Maybelline waterproof mascaras, and this is my favorite so far.

Pros:
-Volumizing
-Lengthening
-Waterproof
-Holds a curl

Cons:
-Kind of clumpy. I had to use an old mascara wand to run through my lashes to separate them.
-Very difficult to remove.

There is no odd scent. It smells like regular mascara. The brush is a spoon brush which can be good or bad; it's not too hard to work with. Just a note of caution- if you're expecting false lashes, you might be a little disappointed. It's volumizing, but not as dramatic as it is advertised. I think I would repurchase this, but it's definitely not a revolutionary product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased this in Very Black Waterproof. I'm not surprised to find that my oily Asian lids destroyed this mascara. At 3:45 I applied this, and by 4:30 I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the smudging begin. It's a shame. This mascara really made my wimpy little lashes look LOOONG and full. Which is why I didn't give this less lippies. I know that my face pours oil and I am required to stay faithful to "tubing" mascaras. So I will at least review the product from the point of someone that has less oily skin. The brush holds a lot of product and I found that if I cleaned it off a bit my lashes would look less spidery and the curl holds better. I know this because I only did it for one eye....I don't think anyone noticed. Falsies really does deliver big lashes, and at $7 you really can't go wrong (unless you're me).
If this had not smudged I would've given it a full 5.
*Edit 10/4/10* Reducing this to 1 lippie. I wore it out for an evening, and when I got home I was a raccoon. If I can't even wear it at night when it is cooler for a few hours, it just isn't worth anything more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by b4nAnnA93

i bought this for $5 at rite aid, which was a GREAT price. i'm asian, so my lashes are pretty sparse. i don't have super short lashes, however, so i was looking more for volume than length. this mascara does grab every lash, thanks to the brush, but it doesn't do much to add volume to my lashes. my eyelashes certainly look twice as long, but they're a tad spidery-looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by franknbean

Yes, it goes on beautifully and looks great. But it does NOT wear well!! I bought the waterproof for a vacation in the islands, and it was AWFUL. It smudges off onto your skin, on both the bottom and top, so you will look like a raccoon if you use any sunscreen, moisturizer or a dewy finish foundation. I tried more powder to set my foundation, but it still smudges off, terribly. Yuck! Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright so I will start by saying that when I first put this on, it gave a little extra volume and I liked that it was a dark black (the very black shade). It really did nothing at all for my length, but honestly I'd rather have dramatic lashes with volume than length. At the time, I told my boyfriend that I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it and I'd probably test it for a few more weeks. So last night, I was my face with soap and water and I notice that it doesn't come off. I then went over it with a toner (bc that normally strips anything off my face) and it still wouldn't come off. It was THEN that I went and got the mascara, and realized I had gotten the waterproof version. I don't really understand why they would have made their waterproof version with the exact same colored tube and lettering as their original formula??? I had read on a website somewhere that they didn't have a waterproof version yet, which is probably why I didn't notice a difference on the package. In the future I will always check and double check!!! But I hope maybelline changes the packaging to keep this from happening to anyone else. Because after the soap and water, then the toner, then makeup remover, then olive oil, then baby shampoo, I lost 5 lashes. :'( Now off to search for a new HG mascara!!! : /

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I am a drugstore mascara junkie and I only wear waterproof. I had very high hopes for this - the good news is its OK; bad news, its not great. Love the brush - its a bit smalller than my HG L'Oreal Voluminous and its bristles seem to grab even my smallest lashes. It wears very well thru hot/humid days w/ a fair amount of sweating. I have not tried in a pool yet, but plan to do so shortly and if it wears well thru that, I will add another lippie to the score.

It definitely provides an amazing amount of length - no doubt about it, so why the meh rating? I was looking for good volume too and this doesn't give a lot of that. I wore this on one eye and Voluminous on the other - Falsies gave more length, Voluminous gave more volume. If I could find a mascara that combined these too, I would be in heaven.

Bottom line - if you are looking for more length than volume, this will work well for you. I put I would re-purchase but my actual response is "maybe."

09/29/11 UPDATE. Well, I'm liking this more and more - perhaps there was a learning curve in the application, but now I'm getting volume too = I now regularly alternate this w/ my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof = I have changed my rating to a 4 and I will repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not that bad, but not that great either. I was expecting big drama and got nothing except darker lashes. Not much for lengthening or giving volume. Plus, my lashes were....crispy. Which has never happened to me with some of the other wp mascaras I've tried. I'll still keep searching for my drugstore, wp HG mascara ;) For now I'm going to stick with my mac plushlash.