September 1, 2014 | 1895 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased this in Very Black Waterproof. I'm not surprised to find that my oily Asian lids destroyed this mascara. At 3:45 I applied this, and by 4:30 I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the smudging begin. It's a shame. This mascara really made my wimpy little lashes look LOOONG and full. Which is why I didn't give this less lippies. I know that my face pours oil and I am required to stay faithful to "tubing" mascaras. So I will at least review the product from the point of someone that has less oily skin. The brush holds a lot of product and I found that if I cleaned it off a bit my lashes would look less spidery and the curl holds better. I know this because I only did it for one eye....I don't think anyone noticed. Falsies really does deliver big lashes, and at $7 you really can't go wrong (unless you're me).
If this had not smudged I would've given it a full 5.
*Edit 10/4/10* Reducing this to 1 lippie. I wore it out for an evening, and when I got home I was a raccoon. If I can't even wear it at night when it is cooler for a few hours, it just isn't worth anything more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by b4nAnnA93

i bought this for $5 at rite aid, which was a GREAT price. i'm asian, so my lashes are pretty sparse. i don't have super short lashes, however, so i was looking more for volume than length. this mascara does grab every lash, thanks to the brush, but it doesn't do much to add volume to my lashes. my eyelashes certainly look twice as long, but they're a tad spidery-looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by franknbean

Yes, it goes on beautifully and looks great. But it does NOT wear well!! I bought the waterproof for a vacation in the islands, and it was AWFUL. It smudges off onto your skin, on both the bottom and top, so you will look like a raccoon if you use any sunscreen, moisturizer or a dewy finish foundation. I tried more powder to set my foundation, but it still smudges off, terribly. Yuck! Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright so I will start by saying that when I first put this on, it gave a little extra volume and I liked that it was a dark black (the very black shade). It really did nothing at all for my length, but honestly I'd rather have dramatic lashes with volume than length. At the time, I told my boyfriend that I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it and I'd probably test it for a few more weeks. So last night, I was my face with soap and water and I notice that it doesn't come off. I then went over it with a toner (bc that normally strips anything off my face) and it still wouldn't come off. It was THEN that I went and got the mascara, and realized I had gotten the waterproof version. I don't really understand why they would have made their waterproof version with the exact same colored tube and lettering as their original formula??? I had read on a website somewhere that they didn't have a waterproof version yet, which is probably why I didn't notice a difference on the package. In the future I will always check and double check!!! But I hope maybelline changes the packaging to keep this from happening to anyone else. Because after the soap and water, then the toner, then makeup remover, then olive oil, then baby shampoo, I lost 5 lashes. :'( Now off to search for a new HG mascara!!! : /

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I am a drugstore mascara junkie and I only wear waterproof. I had very high hopes for this - the good news is its OK; bad news, its not great. Love the brush - its a bit smalller than my HG L'Oreal Voluminous and its bristles seem to grab even my smallest lashes. It wears very well thru hot/humid days w/ a fair amount of sweating. I have not tried in a pool yet, but plan to do so shortly and if it wears well thru that, I will add another lippie to the score.

It definitely provides an amazing amount of length - no doubt about it, so why the meh rating? I was looking for good volume too and this doesn't give a lot of that. I wore this on one eye and Voluminous on the other - Falsies gave more length, Voluminous gave more volume. If I could find a mascara that combined these too, I would be in heaven.

Bottom line - if you are looking for more length than volume, this will work well for you. I put I would re-purchase but my actual response is "maybe."

09/29/11 UPDATE. Well, I'm liking this more and more - perhaps there was a learning curve in the application, but now I'm getting volume too = I now regularly alternate this w/ my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof = I have changed my rating to a 4 and I will repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not that bad, but not that great either. I was expecting big drama and got nothing except darker lashes. Not much for lengthening or giving volume. Plus, my lashes were....crispy. Which has never happened to me with some of the other wp mascaras I've tried. I'll still keep searching for my drugstore, wp HG mascara ;) For now I'm going to stick with my mac plushlash.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by bathory313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of all the numerous mascaras I have tried, I can easily say I hate this one the worst. Why? The bendy brush, the false claims of lengthening/volumizing (fills in the gaps? Not) and the clump factor add up to one really bad mascara. I hate this worse than I hate Great Lash, which is an accomplishment. The bendy brush reminds me of some drunk at 2:30 am; it provides no control whatsoever.

What a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by attlovezya

great product!! it really made my lashes look good. this mascara can really hold a curl. i have short thin straight asian lashes and this mascara is the best i have used.

i don't like how it is such a pain to remove but otherwise my favorite mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros-

fills in gaps
lengthens
volumizes
pigmented
long wearing

Cons-
Very hard to remove
doesnt seperate very well and clumps some
doesnt hold a curl very well

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by syrupeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely saw a huge difference in my lashes after applying 2-3 coats. For reference, my lashes have normal length and thickness and this mascara really made them pop! It adds a lot more volume than my previous MB mascara, Define a lash (for lengthening). Had no problems with clumping, very buildable, and little flaking/smudging. It claims to give the appearance of false lashes, but really...what mascara does? However, i would have to say this is a GREAT mascara. It made my eyelashes appear thicker, longer, and fanned-out, which i thought was really pretty. Definitely would recommend this to anyone looking for a good cheap mascara. It's different for everyone, but it wouldn't hurt trying this mascara on account that it is cheaper than most products out there. Give it a try ^_^

Actually, im taking off one lippie because this mascara I think has been making my eyelashes fall out..It's a shame 'cause this really gave me smokin' results. I think i will be going back to Maybelline full n soft waterproof mascara.