January 25, 2015 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really liking this mascara. Definitely adds length and volume. I like a more dramatic mascara and this fits the bill. Only gripe is it can feel a little "wet" like it doesn't completely dry but have had no problems with it rubbing or flaking off. This is the mascara I will continue to use. I threw out all my others.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by dragonfly16

Just picked this up at my local Target today. I have to admit i was pretty skeptical, bc i always fall for all the claims that these beauty products have, and more than often, i am left disappoint. Well, I am loving this mascara so far. Leave my lashes luscious (and that speaks volume for someone who has stick straight & short lashes). It holds a curl quite well, no clumps and easy to build volume. Definnitely one of the top drugstore mascaras i have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay after reading reviews for this product, I realised that mascara reviews are really subjective because there are a lot of things to factor in: whether lashes were curled, what curler was used, application technique, lash quality in general etc.

I picked this baby up at the Duty Free yesterday because I remembered hearing about it a lot. It costed US$11. I tried it when I got home and I am literally blown away. I have tried NUMEROUS mascaras (Diorshow, Chanel Inimitable, Mavala, MUFE Smoky lash, Imju, CG Lashblast, random Revlon/Maybelline/L'Oreal ones) and I'm not even kidding this is AMAZING. I usually either love or hate a mascara soon after I apply this and needless to say I LOVE THIS.

My lashes: I'm Indian but unfortunately did not inherit the amazing lashes us Indian ladies are known for. My lashes are fairly long but thin and straight. My main problem with most mascaras is that they are unable to hold a curl (with the exception of MUFE Smoky lash - but that flakes)

Packaging: Plastic purplish fuchsia tube. Kind of chunky and not that attractive. I wouldn't pick it up if I didn't know about it. 3/5

The tube says to apply this with the dipped side against the lashes. I tried that but it is just awkward and it seems to be the opposite direction of my lashes. I just used it with the bristles and it seriously worked like a charm. My lashes lifted, lengthened and curled in a way I've never seen before. Not to mention that the color is a nice DARK black which I love. With one coat I got long thick lashes and with two coats they were INSANE. It is also pretty easy to remove with a good oil based remover (it's waterproof but still pretty easy to take off).Overall, I LOVE this and I'm so glad I picked it up. HG for me <3

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by taclark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Flakes, hard to put on and does not do any different then normal mascara. Dont waste your money

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by dy35

WHAT? I came to see five lippies everywhere on this thang! This is the one, the HG, the missing half of my lashes. My lashes are stubborn as duck and never stay curled/lengthened/volumized with any other mascaras and I was super happy to see the result.
Shu culrer + two coats = vavavooooom!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by RiRiPanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best mascara i've ever bought. Before this i was using Covergirl lash blast mascaras. Having to use 3 mascaras to achieve volume,length, and curl was a pain. This takes care of all of those. Barely even have to use a curler. This isnt the type that you just slap on and go you do have to mess with it a little ,but its totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by owlcitybabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara works VERY well . In the pas i've used covergirl lashblast volume , maybelline full n soft , and a few wet N wild mascaras . this is by FAR the best mascara ever . it gives my lashes the best length and the waterproof works fairly well . i was skeptical about buying it at first with reading all the bad reviews , but i just decided to go for it . it was a great buy , i got it for about $6 at Target . BUY it if you want volume AND great length (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not usually a maybelline fan, but I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara. It really defines my lashes and makes my eyes pop! I think a lot of it must be due to the brush--it's nicely shaped and flexible (it sorta bends), so when you apply, the wand is moving with your lashes instead of against them (less clumps this way too!). But other then this I wouldn't say the formula itself is like, mindblowingly awesome or anything, because it's true that it can end up looking a bit spidery depending on how you apply, and it's difficult to remove even with soap and water---but what wp mascara isn't? I've only been using it for 2 weeks, but I haven't noticed any lash loss or breakage and while it's still too early to tell, there's been no hint of dryness yet, so I definitely plan to keep buying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by emilee13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product only clumped. It did not apply nicely, neither did i extend or thicken my lashes. My lashes look like spider legs when i used falsies, its is officially the worse mascara i have ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by MissEllieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not mean to purchase the waterproof one of this...I guess I shouldve looked closer at the package but it seriously looks exactly the same as the regular formula. So be careful :) Cause I've read other reviews with the same complaint...this stuff is a PAIN to get offf. I would be willing to try the regular version of this because so far it's an ok mascara...does make your lashes long. I'm always out to find a mascara that will beat L'Oreal voluminous. This one definitely doesn't top it but it's not awful.