April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jasmine915

I like it. I don't think it makes my lashes look like falsies, but it gives good length and curl. There is no smudging or flaking, which is always nice. I love Full 'n' Soft for a more natural day look, but this one works well for a more dramatic look. I get very similar results with Rimmel Sexy Curves, which I like equally well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Is this too good to be true? It doesn't clump, smudge, or flake. It separates with ease and it holds a curl all day. The formula isn't too stiff or soft. I use the sides of the brush. I love the flexible end too. It moves perfectly with application. Everything about this mascara is perfect! I threw out all my others. This is it. My search is over! Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great waterproof mascara. Overall I prefer the Colossal' Volume by Maybelline because I like the volume it provides, but I do like the length curl that the Falsies give. Sometimes I'll do a coat of Falsies then a coat of colossal' volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by missnattii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is even more amazing than the original Falsies, because it holds a curl better and seperates the eyelashes more while still having that dramatic feel to it. I only buy this during the summer so I have a good mascara for the pool. This mascara will not come off for ANYTHINGGGG, even the oiliest of makeup removers have nothing on the falsies waterproof. I love it for that reason for pool days, but for the same look that's easier to take off, I'll go with The Falsies original formula for an every day look. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having been a longtime devoted fan of Maybelline's other Volum' Express mascaras, especially Turbo waterproof, I had to try this after all the love-hate it's been receiving around here. Upon first use I found it too wet and goopy, with a tendency to deposit too much and leave globs everywhere the brush went, requiring a lot of combing to get right. I held the brush as directed (short curved 'spoon' side facing lashes) the style of which I like once I got used to it. The jointed flexible wand is interesting too, even though I think it's useless because I don't know what it's supposed to accomplish. Nevertheless, the most important thing I can say about this is that it definitely 100% without a doubt needs to be opened every day for at least a week, perhaps two weeks, so it can dry out (or until they figure this out themselves and stop making the formula so wet. Listen up Maybelline- your customers need you here!) If you don't do the drying-out process I promise you this will not work and you will end up in that "I-hate-this-it-sucks-worst-mascara-ever" category like many others here. It requires you to perform the most deadly mascara sin - let some air in there and dry that puppy out. Then and only then, does it behave itself. Once you do this it becomes a whole different mascara in a good way, not a dried out useless kind of way like their Flared version. It now gives me more lashes than I ever thought I had, and makes them look longer, fuller, more defined, beautifully 'flutterly' fanned out, curled all day with no smudges or flakes. After I waited oh-so-patiently for this to "age" properly I got the gorgeous lashes I coveted. I'm not used to a "light" volume mascara (meaning it doesn't look or feel heavy like most volume formulas) and wasn't even sure it was possible yet here we are. It's also a nice deep black (Blackest Black, anyway) but I don't agree with their "no gaps" claim. At all. However, I don't buy into absolutely everything any product claims meaning if that (the "gapping") is the worst Falsies wp has to offer, sign me up and buy me a caseload. Open your new one before you use up your old one and you'll never have a "gap" in usage, ha! (sorry) I'm still using this four months later and just got the waterproof Black Drama version, and will give that a whirl next (in a nutshell: meh. Drama is too full of fibers for my taste but works in a pinch.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by bebetc1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite mascara amazing looks like I seriously have fake lashes HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by NioneEurantale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited a bit to review this product because I couldn't figure out how to apply this mascara for the life of me, but I was seeing so many positive reviews that I decided to keep trying till I got it right. It was completely worth the patience. Now that I have figured out how to use the brush properly with my eye shape it is awesome. My lashes don't look like falsies, but the length is incredible. This mascara works much better then many high end mascaras I've used and has a lot of lasting power. It stays in place until I remove it with make up remover. No smudges, no flakes, great dark black color. However, this adds no volume, just length. I would love to see a version of this formula that adds both volume and length. Until then this will be my go to mascara.

Edit 12/12/10 / So I took a break to try a lash growing mascara (which surprisingly worked), but came back to this to get a more dramatic effect. I couldn't get intense black, but found black drama. Figuring they just changed the name I picked it up. What on earth happened to this mascara? I went from loving it to absolutely hating it. I'm getting no length at all, kinda get some volume, but it's a big clumpy mess. They due look false, but because the look plastic. Did the change the formula?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed in the product. It had great reviews, so I ran out to Ulta to purchase. The brush looks lush and it doesn't have the usual Maybelline smell (which I hate!), so I was initially impressed. However, this makes me lashes SO clumpy with and adds absolutely no length. I curl my lashes with the Shu Uemura curler, but this undid the curl. I used the brush "spoon side up" like the instructions recommended, but had horrible results. I've tried rotating the brush, but no luck there either. For the absolute best drugstore mascara, I've got to stick with L'Oreal. Other brands always disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by marie28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a good mascara. It gives me great length, holds a curl and did not smudge all day. It is "wetter" than most other formulas I'm used to. The wand is also shorter than most of the other brands I've used, including the other Maybelline mascaras. This is a good mascara, but there are better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Gardenginger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated the brush - curved and very small. The product is ok, but yes, it has a distinct smell to it. I ended up exchanging the brush from my other mascara to use it up. I would not buy it again. I like a big brush as I can always tip out the sides with the end of it. Big brushes offer more coverage fast. I do not like that this mascara advertises it gives false eyelash appearance - it doesn't do anymore than any other mascara. Still the very best in my opinion is Estee Lauder Mascara - doesn't smear, removes easy with soap and water, goes on black, doesn't clump, no smell, gentle to my eyes and the brush is a nice plain ol medium size brush no frills. Falsies is not the worst I've ever tried, but I'm not raving about it either.