October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I bought this based off of the great reviews I read. Those rave reviews must have been for the regular forumula because I HATE this mascara! It's one of the worst I've tried recently. It gives my lashes that spidery look and clumps. I've used it once and it will be my first and last time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a lover of Maybelline Sky High Curves waterproof mascara forever, until the discontinued it. I have tried every single Maybelline mascara out there, waterproof and not. This one is the next best thing to Sky High Curves. I really don't understand why everyone hated this mascara. The brush is a little big but it holds enough of the mascara to apply a good coat on your lashes. I curl with my Shu curler and then apply with a gentle hand from base all the way to the tips of my lashes. I use about 3 coats and it does not clump nor does it flake. It doesnt weigh down the lashes, keep the curls' shape. The best part? The weather in NYC has been muggy, hot and humid in the 90s+ everyday so far, and so far, no smudging!!! LOVE

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by courtneyheartsyou

I originally bought the regular non-waterproof version of this and LOVED it! I always got compliments on how amazing my lashes looked. People always asked me if I was wearing false lashes! :) But because it's summer I wanted the waterproof version. My mom loved the regular one so I gave it to her and bought the waterproof version - HATE IT! It doesnt make my lashes long at all and gives small amounts of volume. GET THE REGULAR FORMULA! Trust me. I also cant stand the way it smells :\

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by SXCSHY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I try different mascaras all the time bc I'm never happy with the looks. This one really does what it says its going to do. I wasn't sure about it at first just bc every Maybelline mascara i have tried always flakes or smudges. This however did not, I had it on for about 12 hours. The only bad thing is i did get waterproof, and it is really water proof, took a very long time for it to come of and there is still a bit left on there. But if your looking for something to give you length and volume this is it. a lot faster then me putting on my actual false lashes everyday to make it look like i even have lashes!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I put off buying this until today when i forgot to put on mascara before I left the house. At lunch i picked up this and it's going back tomorrow. raccon eyes in less than 4 hours in airconditioned office.
packaging bright purple cheap looking tube. Except for collosal I'm not loving any maybelline mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

first off, didn't mean to buy the waterproof one but WOW, is it waterproof! you need some serious makeup remover to get it off. this mascara really does give me fake-looking eyelashes. if i wear a few coats, it's a very intense look-i actually get 'your lashes are so big/long it's almost weird' comments. not good if you're going to be wearing sunglasses since they brush against the lenses too much. the formula is very wet so just be careful to let it dry before applying other makeup.

i like to use another mascara on the ends for some length. bought this on a whim but was pretty pleased and would def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Ashleyeurotrash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara really does lengthen and thicken eyelashes. My eyelashes are already pretty long but with this mascara they were Touching the lowest point of my eyebrow! The problems with this mascara though weigh out the benefits. For one, every Half hour I have to wipe the top of my eyes because I get vertical black lines from the smudging. And two, this is work taking off. I absolutely hate those oily eye makeup removers but with this mascara you need one. Even after wiping each eye with both sides of two cotton pads there is still some mascara left. I always just give up and go to bed. Overall it's just not worth it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by mysugebe

i usually use my dior show for a basecoat and my voluminous carbon black as the topcoat, and that makes me look like i have false eyelashes on.
i have been trying to find the perfect WP mascara for my vacation coming, and eventho i had troubles with stiletto and maybelline mascaras ingeneral, i just had to try it with the raving reviews it has on here. this mascara does have have that false lash effect it advertises, but it takes a lot of work to achieve it. it makes my lashes look like i only have a few lashes and sticky up in the air, if you know what i mean. i have to wait a few seconds for during each coat for it to separate better. i have naturally good enough lashes for mascara, so i usually have no problem with finding mascaras as far as volume and length, but it's just the smudging and staying power.
the major CONs of this product is...
1. THE FLAKING. omg i feel like i have something in my eye every 5 seconds and im always walking around like i sticking my hand in eye. not pretty. i have the same problem with waterproof stilleto.
2. the removal of this product is virtually impossible without a damn good makeup remover. and eventho it's waterproof, once you on in the water, the lashes come back out really weird, and starts flaking like crazy. might as well not wear any mascara then.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Annagraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like! I don't have much luck finding mascaras, because of my straight asian lashes. I have tried a lot of Maybelline waterproof mascaras, and this is my favorite so far.

Pros:
-Volumizing
-Lengthening
-Waterproof
-Holds a curl

Cons:
-Kind of clumpy. I had to use an old mascara wand to run through my lashes to separate them.
-Very difficult to remove.

There is no odd scent. It smells like regular mascara. The brush is a spoon brush which can be good or bad; it's not too hard to work with. Just a note of caution- if you're expecting false lashes, you might be a little disappointed. It's volumizing, but not as dramatic as it is advertised. I think I would repurchase this, but it's definitely not a revolutionary product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased this in Very Black Waterproof. I'm not surprised to find that my oily Asian lids destroyed this mascara. At 3:45 I applied this, and by 4:30 I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the smudging begin. It's a shame. This mascara really made my wimpy little lashes look LOOONG and full. Which is why I didn't give this less lippies. I know that my face pours oil and I am required to stay faithful to "tubing" mascaras. So I will at least review the product from the point of someone that has less oily skin. The brush holds a lot of product and I found that if I cleaned it off a bit my lashes would look less spidery and the curl holds better. I know this because I only did it for one eye....I don't think anyone noticed. Falsies really does deliver big lashes, and at $7 you really can't go wrong (unless you're me).
If this had not smudged I would've given it a full 5.
*Edit 10/4/10* Reducing this to 1 lippie. I wore it out for an evening, and when I got home I was a raccoon. If I can't even wear it at night when it is cooler for a few hours, it just isn't worth anything more.