Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 5/16/2009 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Over the years (I'm 36 now) i've paired down my routine from multiple fancy and expensive products to fewer and simpler products. Part of the reason seems to be that my skin has become more sensitive. I use the cream on my face for the past three years and have not had any problems with breakouts. I have combo skin with any oily t-zone and it does not make it better or worse. i use it alone in the morning and also a night with a little bit of coconut oil on top (coconut oil alone causes my skin develop dry patches). It is unscented, though there is a smell to it, not terrible. I'm giving it 5 stars b/c it is an excellent moisturizer, does not cause any problems (breakouts, sensitvity), and is relatively cheap. It is also a good body cream.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So many people swear by this, but I just can't. I have combo skin and this was too heavy for me. It never sank into my skin and made me look so greasy. I didn't break out and it didn't sting when going on, but I don't like to look like a greaseball from my moisturizer.

on 5/9/2009 4:30:00 PM

This works as a moisterizer reaalllllyyyy well.
it got rid of my cracking acne on my forehead and helped clear myy skin. But the tub is very unsantitary, so wash your hands before you use.
also it has no smell, which is nice, because if i use a body spray i dont want like mango lotion and rose perfume ya knoww?
over pretty good
a wee pricey tho

on 5/4/2009 1:59:00 PM

HG moisturzier for me. i have sensitve, acne prone skin. this is my head to toe moisturizer. even on my face, i've never had a problem using it. huge tub for low price. i've repurchases several times. i even have my parents using it.

on 5/4/2009 1:22:00 PM

this is my HG moisturizer for my face. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. my face gets really really dry in the winter and i'm prone to the dry flakes. after trying dozens of moistruziers (and expensive ones too!) this was recommended to me by a friend and i haven't looked back since. in ONE night it got rid of my dry flakies and i woke up with a dewey, moisturized face. it is non comedogenic and wont clog your pores, i get no breakouts from using this moisturizer. beacuse i am prone to occasional pms-related breakouts, i always thought i needed a light moisturizer as to not clog my pores which actually worsened my dry skin. i was apprehensive about the "cream" labeling, i was sure this would make me wake up to a dozen zits. but i will never use another moisturizer again.

my only gripe is the packaging - i first bought the 3oz tube which was nice but there is nothing in between this tiny tube and the giant tubs - it would be great if it came ni a pump dispenser bottle or something like that. another thing is that as the weather gets nicer, i am noticing this moisturizer might be a teensy bit too heavy for my skin so i am wondering if i should try the lotion version.

all in all, this is one of the best finds for my skin and i highly recommend it to peopel with sensitive/dry/combination skin!!!

on 5/2/2009 9:07:00 PM

Best cream for my severly dry legs. The only thing that will keep them moisturized the whole day.

on 4/29/2009 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG body cream. I never use it on my face so I can't speak to that. My face is super oily but my body is DRY, I also have extremely sensitive skin and mild excema on my hands and elbows. The cream is really thick but it soaks it right away and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I have tried, literally, every drugstore body cream, and none of them work for me like this one. This makes my skin supple and doesn't have any weird perfumy smell to it. I dont love having to dip into the jar, but I think it would be hard to have this in a pump because of the consistency. I usually find this in drugstores for around $13, but you can get it at Costco for cheaper and they also run a coupon on it from time to time. And it lasts a long time, the jar is huge!
PS. The knock off brands of this one are not the same. I have tried the Kmart &Walgreens one.

on 4/28/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use retin A cream so have always had problems with dryness, and this has worked great. I didn't like it at first because it left a sheen on my face, so I wiped it off with a damp washcloth, patted my face dry and then applied my makeup and my skin looked wonderful. No dryness or shine. Wiping it off left just the right amount of moisture on my skin, so now that is my usual routine.

on 4/26/2009 12:09:00 PM

The older I get, the more sensitive my skin has become. So I try to use natural hand cremes and lotions on my body as much as I can, but for some reason I notice they give me hives and red blotchiness. The only moisturizers I can use are shea butter, but that evaporates quickly on my skin so I decided to try Cetaphil which was recommended to me by my dermotologist and it is the best hand and body cream I've ever used! It dries quickly when you apply it, it's fragrance free and it soothes redness and heals my skin. It also doesn't wash easily, which is a plus.

on 4/25/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As much as I wanted to use only natural products on my body, this is the only cream the soothes my dry, itchy legs. For some reason, this winter I started getting these dry, itchy places on my legs that drove me crazy and constantly stayed red and bumpy. I tried all kinds of skin butters (mango, shea, coco) and other lotions and nothing helped. I tried this, and within a couple of days it was gone. After I ran out of the first tub, I went a couple of weeks without it, and the same thing happened...dry, itchy legs. Bought this again, and now I'm fine. Obviously this stuff is really good for sensitive skin and it seems as though I can't be without it. I only wish that there was a large size available in a pump bottle or a larger tube as the tub isn't very sanitary.

Popular Moisturizers