December 21, 2014 | 1312 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sylvanna

Love this product. I use it on my elbows, knees, ankles, and anywhere I get dry patches, except my face. It works really well. The tub does get a little gross after a while, but I just wipe off the top and sides every now and then. Would definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for this product for nearly a decade. A moisturizer that does not cause me to break out while still softening my dry skin during the harsh winter months. My skin has never been softer. It is not greasy and a little goes a long way. I bought mine in the 3 oz tube, its easier to tote around. After trying a variety of major skin care brands, I have found one that does everything I need it to do. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by evz88

This is now my HG moisturizer!! I have dry skin and it keeps my face moisturized all night/day without the greasy feeling as it absorbs into the skin really well and doesn't leave a shiny layer which I don't like in a moisturizer. I love the fact its unscented and you don't need to use a lot each time. Been using this for 2 weeks and it has not caused any breakouts so I would assume it doesn't clog pores. Previously I was using La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Riche, I believe the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream feels and works the same except it is nearly 1/2 the price and x4 the product!!!! I bought the 20oz tub and its going to last me yearsss =D The only complaint I have is the packaging, the tub is bulky and way too big for travel. Also its quite unhygienic because you have to keep dipping your hands into it to get the product out. However these aren't big problems; I've bought little moisturizer jars/containers for when I need to travel and I make sure my hands are clean before I dip my fingers into the tub. Overall this is an excellent affordable moisturizer! very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If my skin needs extra moisture this is my HG. A small amount rubbed between my palms and patted onto dry areas is all I need. It doesn't clog my pores or cause me any breakouts and it doesn't make me look greasy. I purchase it in the 100ml tube as it's easier to carry and more hygienic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by SweetToothedAnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely a must for dry winter skin!
I slather this on at night and in the morning my skin looks so much better, I also use a TINY bit on my skin before makeup. it might make my skin a little greasy but nothing a little powder can't fix.
This is HG forever! (btw this is in a 16oz jar no smell or anything)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

I have VERY dry skin and I get flaky, scaly, itchy, patches on my neck, eyelids, around my nose, mouth, chin, ears chest, lower legs, arms, and hands. I'm a disaster. I've tried so many things including straight up oil (avocado oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil). One thing did work pretty well, Theraplex, but it's expensive and you can only get online. So I recently started using generic Renova (Retin-A) and my face is FREAKING OUT!!! Dry, peeling, red, my under eye skin is flaking away and swollen and sensitive. (btw: I use SPF everyday.) Anyway I read the reviews on this creme and went straight to CVS. I bought in tube form, not the jar. AND... WOW - my skin on my face has calmed down so much, still semi flaky and peeling but that's to be expected for the first 3 months on Renova. But it feels so much better. I put it all over me the next day and holy shit, for the first time ever my neck wasn't white and scaly and nothing itches!!! So now I'm using 3 drops of jojoba oil in the Cetaphil creme for my face and neck, Burt's Bees Repairing serum under my eyes and then just the creme eveery morning and nighte on every inch of the rest of my body. HG Forever. LOVE. Cheap, simple, magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lathibad

I started using Cetaphil Cream because my skin was so dry from benzoyl peroxide treatments. I have since stopped using benzoyl peroxide and have found that this cream is just too heavy for me. My skin leans towards the oily side and I feel like this cream just sits on top of my face, never fully sinking in. Also, it didn't seem to provide the level of moisture I would have hoped for especially considering how heavy it is. I believe this would work best as a body lotion and intend to start using it as such.

This cream did have good qualities though. It is cheap as you get a huge amount for ten dollars. Furthermore, although it had oil in it and was so heavy, it did not break me out. This more than anything surprised me as I am quite break out prone, especially with new products. I have since moved on to Eucerin Q10 sensitive skin cream, and have already noticed an increase in moisture level. Plus, Eucerin's cream has the extra benefit of co-enzyme Q10, a proven wrinkle fighter. At my age, I would rather use a cream with some anti-aging properties in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know how I ever survived without this!!!
My skin has become soft and smooth and hydrated, and the results last. I prefer this over Shiseido's $62 body cream.
I love the creaminess of this and that it is fragrance-free, and won't clog pores.
I will buy this as long as they continue to make it. This may be the best product on this board. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the one in the tub and I like that because I can control how much product I get.

This cream is kind of a do-everything for me. I use it for under eye cream, night cream, eye makeup remover, body lotion... It's great.

And it is kind of thick but it doesn't seem to clog my pores or anything. I don't use it regularly for a night cream though.

This tub has lasted me forever too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i can't even tell u how important this product is to me. the second the weather gets cold enough to need to turn on a furnace, my skin goes insane!!! i have mild acne. the heat from the furnace makes my face PAINFULLY dry. i can't tell u how painful it feels on my cheeks. it was so bad before i found this cream that i couldn't use any powder products on my face (powder or blush) in the winter. i was terrified to try this because i have acne. creams are heavy and can break you out. thank the good lord, i haven't broken out at all. this is the THIRD fall/winter since discovery this and its a Godsend. fall has only just begun and last week i had to break this out since the heat has been turned on during the night. love love love this. i've tried heavier night creams by olay, neutrogena, estee lauder, clinique, etc etc. this is the ONLY one that soothes my dry skin. plus u can't beat this price! i got mine at Sams Club in a bigger tub than the drug store offers. the only thing i will caution is that it does not sink in. it can leave skin looking greasy.