April 20, 2014 | 905 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used Tarte, L'oreal HIP, Smashbox and Clinique cream/gel eyeliners, and this one is the best so far. I have it in black. You'll need to use more than one stroke for a solid color, but I prefer it that way; I'm more "painterly" and prefer to build up so I get the perfect wings without screwing up my lines. With no primer, it's stayed on for 12 hours with no smudging or fade-out. I do use the brush it comes with. It takes some getting used to; I use it sideways (straight on, it's too wide), and use short strokes from the lash line out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not great? I wasn't blown away by this product. It has fairly decent pigmentation, but it is definitely not as dark as MAC's Fluidline or the Bobbi Brown gel liner. The formula is smooth and creamy, and the little brush that comes with it is a decent brush. However, the staying power of this gel liner is not great. It gets smeary if you have oily lids and will transfer. By the end of the day, you can expect to see some smudges around your eye area. I bought the black version, and I have to say, I am disappointed by how it wasn't all that black! It fades throughout the day too, so it is definitely not a long-wearing liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eyeliner as the one I had from Avon completely dried out. I really like it. The brush is rubbish - far too thick for my liking - but in using my smaller angled brush I can finally get a smooth, straight line that matches on both eyes! I have never been very good with eyeliner unfortunately.
Used on the upper lid, I get no smudging, and no fade during the day. Used on the waterline - it stays, but it does tend to smudge fairly quickly in the corners which I found disappointing. This might be because the second I apply it in this area my eyes start to water like crazy. I tend to use kohl pencil in the corners if this is the look I want (not often). It is not easy to remove, you do need a good make up remover, but this doesn't bother me at all. I would rather spend time removing it in the evening that reapplying during the day.

Overall, I am really pleased with this product. I would buy it again - but I don't think I will need to! The price is right, the packaging is good.The one thing that disappoints me is that in the UK we can only seem to get the black option - I would love to be able to have the brown option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product!! I have the smashbox jet set waterproof e/l, which the Sephora S/A rec'd and I've heard from lots of ppl is supposed to be so great and it sucks. This little ol' Maybelline e/l kicked Smashbox's liners ass.Who woulda thought? It is opaque, stays on my waterline/upper lashine for hrs, and the brush that comes with it is brilliant. I have black and brown...now if they would only come out with all the awesome colors that BB has!!
****UPDATE- This is still a decent budget eyeliner, and still kick's Smashbox's ass (which is $22!) but MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack is my new HG! And it's only $15! If you can, spend the extra 6 or 7 bucks, and go for that, it's creamier, more pigmented, and lasts way longer...I still love the Maybelline brush tho, I use it with my Fluidine now!! And I am on a budget too, bigtime, but I cut back on my DS purchases and now opt for less quanity, higher quality!!****

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by narwhal4life

I have tried liner after liner to no avail. Like many others, I am searching for one that will stay on my waterline. As someone with allergies, my eyes water constantly. I have tried so many different 'waterproof' eyeliners with little success. Even high end brands like Make up forever and mac, which charge twice as much, have faded, smudged and rubbed off despite their longwearing claims. All the drugstore eyeliners I've tried have dried out within a matter of days. Out of all the gel eyeliners I've tried, this is the most longwearing and pigmented. I've had it for 6 months, I still have plenty of product left and it has not dried out. Although the best longwearing eyeliner I've found, it does still come off in the corners. However, I appreciate that this product does not smudge down my face like the make up forever liner, it washes off flaking or smudging. That being said I do set this liner with eyeshadow for extra insurance. Overall, I'm pretty content with this product. I will use it time and time again. Although not perfect, it is the best that i have tried so I gave it a 5.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in black. The colour is thin and transparent. Oddly enough, I like the brush..... Not for this eyeliner, but it's a great smudger

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got thisin brown to fill in my eyebrows and its great! its not as pigmented as other prands ive tried which makes it perfect for my ebs- but it does build easily. i also like the brush as well- not for the el though, i prefer to use an angled liner. the staying power was suprisingly good, better than macs browndown which i used to use to fill in my eb. i want to try black next. will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BaileyDrummond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product since February, and, after many bad experiences with liquid and cream eyeliners, this is one of my favorites. It goes on smooth and looks good(:

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

pretty decent. stays on for most of the day without a primer and the black color is intense. it does get less creamy after a month or so but nothing heating it in the microwave cant fix. the brush it comes with, in my opinion, is just trash. i use a seperate brush for application and i find it alot smoother and easier to use. would i recommend? yes. is it holy grail? ehh. i tend to use it interchangeably with my urban decay pencil in zero. there are times when i love this and use it for an extended period of time, then there are the days i wont even spare it a glance. its a so-so product. just okay. nothing special. i'd still recommend over buying mac's blacktrack. honestly works the same, just at a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In response to the reviewer below. I would like to state for the record that I A) Have owned MAC, BB, Stila and countless other gel liners and B) I have worked in makeup for the past 15yrs. I think this is a great gel liner. I have it in Blackest Black and I love it. In fact, I like it better than Blacktrack. It's thicker and therefore with a proper brush it's easier to get a perfect line in onee swoop. Plus, on me, it's much darker than Blacktrack. Add to the fact that is always on sale somewhere and this makes this a winner in my book.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No