Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 1/14/2005 1:29:00 PM

I like these, but let's be clear about what they are...they're basically a transparent gloss. Some of them have a bit more tint, or different colored sparkles, but they're not going to deposit a lot of color. I like the wonderful scent and find the JT texture to be less sticky and the scent less overpowering than that of the company's drugstore product, L'Oreal Colour Juice.

on 1/11/2005 3:50:00 AM

OMG! So sticky, yuck. Not to mention that L'oreal does exact same product for less than half of the price.

The best lip gloss for a high shine (whether alone or over a lipstick). These wear forever, have a great flavor/scent with each one and the shade range is excellent. There are some juicy tubes that offer a lot of pigment (if you want great pigment, try their Star Gloss) but for transparent high shine gloss, these are the best! much less sticky than MAC lipglass. Plus it seems like EVERY cosmetic line out there is hopping on the Juicy Tubes bandwagon and trying to package their own lipglosses the same way. Despite the imitators, this is THE lip gloss.

on 12/30/2004 9:07:00 PM

I love Juicy tubes. They have a great shine to them and they also smell wonderful. They are less sticky than MAC Lip Glass. My favorite so far is Simmer.

on 12/28/2004 6:50:00 PM

Love these! I know they are all pretty expensive, but I'm addicted! I have JT Pop in Raspberry Ice and Regular JT in Manihi and love both! I have pic of both in my profile thing, just cuz I was bored and felt like it. Two very different colors, but they come out beautifully!

on 12/27/2004 6:52:00 AM

I was once obsessed with these and had them all.. then I sold them on E-bay because they literally all looked the same on me. If you love these, get spring fling to start off. It's the best over all, I'd say

on 12/21/2004 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a set of mini-JT's last year. None of them deposit any colour at all! The price is too high, and overall it's a bit of a ripoff

on 12/11/2004 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I gave JTs a negative review before, and I think it was only b/c I didn't like the first one I had(Sparkling Odile). I now have 4 full size tubes(Icy Pop, Ultra-light Kirsch, Raspberry Ice, and Manihi. Swapped SO away!) & 3 mini tubes(Simmer, Dreamsicle, Sun Bronze). I once thought these were sticky, but I don't know what I was on at the time b/c they're not at all. They're thick & long lasting, and excluding the pops, each one has it's own scent & taste. The pops are all bubblegum flavored & make your lips all cold. I love that feeling, it's so refreshing & for me it lasts the whole time I have it on. I took one point off b/c most of them are too sheer, and b/c they're pretty expensive. Though when you think about how much they really give you, they're not really that bad. I've come around to these glosses & they've grown on me, you could say.

I don't understand what all the hype is about.This stuff is sticky and too expensive!I can buy Bonne Bell or Avon for alot less and have a better quality of a product.All you're buying is a Lancome logo which isn't that great anyways.

on 12/10/2004 5:00:00 PM

Have these in several colors...She Shines, a very bold berry in the tube, but almost clear on my lips or maybe a slight hint of pink? The flavor is sweet as berry flavored candy!

The other colors Blueberry Blast--tastes great, appears almost translucent with a cool silvery blue sheen with sparkle, Citron, a lemony and golden yellow which appeared warmer on me than all the rest, and finally, Celebrity, the one I liked least...a weird flavor, a whitish color with more sparkle, but it seemed grittier than the others.
These don't last any longer than other glosses and have a sticky texture, though less sticky than MAC and slightly more liquid and about the same shine as Revlon.

I guess any gloss by definition means it doesn't stay on long enough for you to gloss over it! I've tried MAC, Revlon, JT's, Avon, Dior, L'oreal, to name a few, and out of all of these, JT's smell and taste the best, but MAC lasted longer.

JT's offer a lot of colors, but it seemed like they were translucent for the most part. If you want deeper color, go for MAC or Dior, but spending more than $10 to $15 on gloss is pretty much a waste in my humble opinion. I paid less than retail for these, though they mostly retail for $15.50.
I was only compelled to buy these after hearing a thousand raves from MUA's, so I finally bought several.

Recommended for Medium Skin