December 22, 2014 | 1482 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Coralista

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

I love this! I am always searching for the perfect blush and have been using NARS Orgasm for years on and off but always seem to work better in the Summer when I am tan. Like some other reviewers have said, this is what I always wanted Orgasm to be. I still O for going out but Coralista gives you more of that glow versus sheen which is more natural for the day and also goes more pink when you layer whereas O goes more peach. It is lighter and sheerer than O but I like it. I sometimes and a pop of NARS desire over this for more impact. Love most of these boxes from Benefit and don't care about the packaging as these hold a lot more product that most blushes and last a long while, so I am happy. I think this the best one so far! UPDATE: Still loving this, perfect color and lasts all day until I wash my face at night and looks to fresh and natural from the first application to the end of the day. I have never had a blush last like this and just brightens the complexion so much without being overlight bright...HOLY GRAIL BLUSH!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PALMANATOR

Pros:
Pretty Color
Cute Package though I wish it was more portable
Very wearable
I like it more than Georgia

Cons
The words Coralista is just a sticker that is peeling off.
Even though I love Benefit and justify it's hefty price, I think of almost all the Benefit I have had I would not repurchase this,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by strawberrytaurus

I really really wanted to love Coralista based all the raves it was getting. My Sephora didn't get it in yet so I went as far as to trek to the Benefit counter to score one. My favorite blushes are peachy pink ones so this was right up my alley and I was excited to get this. First off, I think that the packaging is tacky. I'm not really sure what they wanted it to look like---like they put a lot of designs together that don't match and they said okay, forget it let's just finish it up and move onto the next product's designs. I bet there was like no thought put into it. I normally like crazy or out of the ordinary designs too but this was just ugly. I also dislike the brush that comes with the blush. The design is just weird. A blush should be more tapered, not retangular. The third thing I disliked was the price. $28 for a blush? It is a lot of blush at 0.42 oz compared to Nars but this isn't Nars and is nowhere close to Nars quality. Also, the box it comes in is a cute idea but not when you want to put a regular sized blush brush in there. What I disliked most about the product though is the sheerness of the blush. I'm NC35 and I had to apply this 3 times on each cheek to get some color which is a shame because at a glance the blush looks very pigmented and gorgeous. Once I applied the blush and got it to show it was very very pretty---a nice peachy pink (I'd say the pink to peach ratio is 50/50) but not extremely unique. I prefer a lot of MAC blushes (at a fraction of the price) and Nars blushes to this. This also has a tiny shimmery sheen to it that's very subdued which is nice. Overall though, I'm not crazy about Coralista. It had so much potential but the fact that it's not "different" makes me think twice about keeping it. Again I'm a huge sucker for peachy/pink blushes so that's the reason that it's still in my traincase and not back at the counter. I'm not sure if this would work for you cool-toned gals though. If you're extremely cool I would pass.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the pan it's a deep-ish coral. Applied, it looks very pink, not coral on me (I'm NC30). It's sheer, so that's part of it. You know how orgasm for example looks peach in the pan, but if you apply it sheer it kinda looks golden? It's like that, the "reflection" is a cool toned pink, so on me it really just looks pink. It is not shimmery, but it is sheen-y. The smell to me just wouldn't go away, and it didn't smell lemon, it smelled slightly citrus but powdery, like a citrus sports drink mix. I can see a lot of people liking this color, but it wasn't for me.

OH, and it looks exactly the same on as some of my L'oreal blushes, the ones in those little square pans with the mirror inside. Same texture, etc. There's a dupe, but I don't remember the name of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Benefit CORALista is a gorgeous warm coral-pink flush, the perfect shade to warm up any complexion! ♥ It's everything I wanted Nars Orgasm to be! ♥ HG! (S$60, $28)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by malibublondie97

LOVE it! Like previous reviewers said, its exactly what I wanted Nars orgasm to be! I hate how shimmery orgasm is, and Coralista has only VERY SLIGHT shimmer, its perfect. The color is amazing; I am a PPP with pink undertones so I thought this would look orange-y on me since its coral...but its an amazing pinkish coral, very warm. It looks really natural, like you're blushing. And the packaging is so cute!! You must try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these little boxed blushes but there really aren't a lot of options for MMMs. I have Dallas and now I have this. Coralista is what I wanted Nars O to be - a glowy peachy pink blush. It's also more pigmented than TheBalm Hot Mama, which is pretty, but mostly just as a highlighter, since the pigment isn't deep enough to wear as blush on my skin. The texture is creamy and superfinely milled, and the color is a flattering and easy-to-wear creamy pinky peachy coral, perfectly light and glowy but also pigmented enough to wear alone as a blush. You can build it too, in that if you use a regular blush brush, it shows up as a bright pop of shimmery color. With my 188 skunk brush, it's subtle glowy blush, perfect for work. Love this! NC35-37/ MMM

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this color for a nice, subtle everyday blush. It doesn't go on quite as bright as it appears in the box which is good for me or else it would have appeared fake and weird. It is a soft coral flush that just makes me look bright and alive-PERFECT! Not the color to go for though if you are looking for an intense color, great if you want a natural flush. I am a NC30 for ref.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by fashiongal

Ah, Coralista! I wanted you so badly after seeing swatches on several blogs, but you have disappointed me! I ordered this online from Sephora as soon as it hit the site. The box is adorable, makes me feel like I'm on vacation just looking at it. You open it up to a cute adorable brush with a wooden handle. The highlighter/blush itself looks very similar to NARS Torrid, so I was so excited. Then I swiped the product on my cheeks.... where's the color????? It was a very, very sheer corally pink. I kept building and building, and just got more golden sheen and very little color. I tried it again the next morning - same result - sad. If only the blush was the color intensity it appears to be. On the positive side, it is such a soft, glowy powder - much, much better than either NARS Orgasm or NARS Super Orgasm. I'm an NC 35 for reference. I haven't decided if I will keep or not - do I REALLY need another shimmer powder????? I wore it today with MAC Pro Blush in Salsarose on top just to "pop" the apples of the cheeks. It's pretty that way, but still undecided if I will keep. Come on Benefit - I wasn't a huge fan to begin with - give us tan/darker ladies something with some more pigmentation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I'm going to start off with what I didn't like about this product: first of all, the "Coralista" on my box was a metallic type sticker, and when I received it, it was already peeling off at the sides. Cheap looking. Plus, the box design is not my style (which is admittedly pretty staid) so I didn't dig that either. The scent is amped up peaches or something likewise sickeningly sweet but fades rather quickly, thank goodness. If Benefit's Georgia scent didn't bother you than this one probably won't either (though I really don't care for either so poo for me). Now on to what I really DID like about this product. For one, the texture is phenomenal. It's almost creamy-like it's so finely milled. The color is an uber-coral, a deep peach tempered with pink to keep it from venturing orange. It's shimmery but not flecked shimmer which, imo, stands out on the face and screams "look at me, look at me". Rather, the shimmer is subtle and seemingly melts into your skin for a really glowy result. I absolutely hate to compare stuff to Nars Orgasm nowadays since that appears to make it THE standard, but when discussing peachy pink shades it's almost impossible not to, so here it goes. I swapped "O" because it didn't work for me, too much shimmer, gold tones, not entirely pigmented enough for me. Coralista, by contrast, is everything I ever wanted Nars "O" to be. Everything. I'll even take the tacky sticker and love it till it falls off. Definitely a keeper imo and a repurchase if/when I run out. NW 25-27 (Consider myself light-medium to medium in most lines).

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No