October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Coralista

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these little boxed blushes but there really aren't a lot of options for MMMs. I have Dallas and now I have this. Coralista is what I wanted Nars O to be - a glowy peachy pink blush. It's also more pigmented than TheBalm Hot Mama, which is pretty, but mostly just as a highlighter, since the pigment isn't deep enough to wear as blush on my skin. The texture is creamy and superfinely milled, and the color is a flattering and easy-to-wear creamy pinky peachy coral, perfectly light and glowy but also pigmented enough to wear alone as a blush. You can build it too, in that if you use a regular blush brush, it shows up as a bright pop of shimmery color. With my 188 skunk brush, it's subtle glowy blush, perfect for work. Love this! NC35-37/ MMM

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this color for a nice, subtle everyday blush. It doesn't go on quite as bright as it appears in the box which is good for me or else it would have appeared fake and weird. It is a soft coral flush that just makes me look bright and alive-PERFECT! Not the color to go for though if you are looking for an intense color, great if you want a natural flush. I am a NC30 for ref.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by fashiongal

Ah, Coralista! I wanted you so badly after seeing swatches on several blogs, but you have disappointed me! I ordered this online from Sephora as soon as it hit the site. The box is adorable, makes me feel like I'm on vacation just looking at it. You open it up to a cute adorable brush with a wooden handle. The highlighter/blush itself looks very similar to NARS Torrid, so I was so excited. Then I swiped the product on my cheeks.... where's the color????? It was a very, very sheer corally pink. I kept building and building, and just got more golden sheen and very little color. I tried it again the next morning - same result - sad. If only the blush was the color intensity it appears to be. On the positive side, it is such a soft, glowy powder - much, much better than either NARS Orgasm or NARS Super Orgasm. I'm an NC 35 for reference. I haven't decided if I will keep or not - do I REALLY need another shimmer powder????? I wore it today with MAC Pro Blush in Salsarose on top just to "pop" the apples of the cheeks. It's pretty that way, but still undecided if I will keep. Come on Benefit - I wasn't a huge fan to begin with - give us tan/darker ladies something with some more pigmentation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I'm going to start off with what I didn't like about this product: first of all, the "Coralista" on my box was a metallic type sticker, and when I received it, it was already peeling off at the sides. Cheap looking. Plus, the box design is not my style (which is admittedly pretty staid) so I didn't dig that either. The scent is amped up peaches or something likewise sickeningly sweet but fades rather quickly, thank goodness. If Benefit's Georgia scent didn't bother you than this one probably won't either (though I really don't care for either so poo for me). Now on to what I really DID like about this product. For one, the texture is phenomenal. It's almost creamy-like it's so finely milled. The color is an uber-coral, a deep peach tempered with pink to keep it from venturing orange. It's shimmery but not flecked shimmer which, imo, stands out on the face and screams "look at me, look at me". Rather, the shimmer is subtle and seemingly melts into your skin for a really glowy result. I absolutely hate to compare stuff to Nars Orgasm nowadays since that appears to make it THE standard, but when discussing peachy pink shades it's almost impossible not to, so here it goes. I swapped "O" because it didn't work for me, too much shimmer, gold tones, not entirely pigmented enough for me. Coralista, by contrast, is everything I ever wanted Nars "O" to be. Everything. I'll even take the tacky sticker and love it till it falls off. Definitely a keeper imo and a repurchase if/when I run out. NW 25-27 (Consider myself light-medium to medium in most lines).

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I got my Coralista in the mail (as well as the new Creaseless Cream in Sippin' and Dippin'---review to come later on that one) which I have anxiously anticipated. It was a nice holiday surprise today. Bottom line: I'm glad I forked out the big dough for another Benefit "boxed powder" as I think they know what they are doing in this area. Let's face it, they're classics. Well, get ready for another highly pigmented box o' powder (i.e. for me, what I call: BLUSH---I have never used these as allover powders) along the lines of Hoola, as opposed to Georgia or Dandelion. This baby goes on bright onto my fair skin with just a sweep of my BE soft focus brush and packs a golden punch. It is not demure like Throb.

Colorwise, I would put it in the Nars O category as it has a strong gold cast (at least on my skin---it doesn't stay "candy"-colored) and that is why I am giving it a 4. I was really hoping for more of a true pop of pinky-coral, more of a doll cheek look. This has no chunks of glitter, but tons and tons of gold shimmer effect and the last thing I need is another blush like that!

But I must say: I ADORE the box. Oh my gosh, this is such a cute box. It is metallic and colorful and fun to pull out and look at. I know it will give me a a tropical and colorful boost every time I see it anew. Good packaging!

Maybe I'll update later after using for a bit....

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No