October 23, 2014 | 1929 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by julia0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is perfect for my skin tone (i'm as pale as a ghost).
It doesn't turn me orange and I don't need a lot for it too show up.
Yes it's a little pricey and yes it's annoying that it's in a box but hey it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by FlipAzn

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the bronze kit from Benefit. I got a good deal on this product as it came with three other items. The brush it comes with like everybody says is totally useless. The packaging is ridiculous. It comes in a box that I think is too deep. This is the best bronzer that I have for contouring. It is very pigmented. It isn't hard to blend in your face and there are no shimmer. The color is perfect on my skin. It doesn't look orange and it doesn't make me look muddy. By itself, it is very pricey but now that I have tried it I am hooked and will definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Guuf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG bronzer, love love LOVE this product. I have a medium skin tone and this is the perfect color for me. I really like to use this for contouring and it blends really well. I also found with daily use this product lasted for well over a year, will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by StarlightChaser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great bronzer! I love that it doesn't have shimmer in it, and it works amazing for contouring - which is the main way I use it as I don't really do the bronzed look. I'm fairly certain it would work great for that as well, though. The downside is that it is a bit pricey, for me it's worth it but I can see why one might find that rather negative. I would probably re-purchase once (or if!) I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is one of my staple products. I use this everyday. I like this for contouring my face. I put this on the hollows of my cheeks, sometimes in my temples and forehead. I have actually never used it as a blush. I like the color because it doesn't have any shimmer, plus it blends well with my skin tone. I can never put too much of this because the color is perfect. I do like the brush that comes with it. Very useful with contouring and blending. Although on the downside, I don't like the packaging, its too bulky and also a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pretty fair and need something to help warm me up without looking fake or dirty. I've gotten compliments on how natural, fresh & youthful my makeup looks (I just turned 50), and I really feel the key to that look is Hoola. Hoola is the perfect bronzer for the fair, light to medium skin tones. It's completely matte, no shimmer or glitter. I first apply a foundation primer, followed by my foundation (Revlon's Colorstay #220 Natural Beige -- applied using a MAC skunk brush which I spray with MAC Fix+ spray); I then lightly buff a little bit of Smashbox's Halo hydrating perfecting powder in 'light) to set my foundation....and ladies this stuff really does cover the faint/fine lines I'm starting to see; then I go over all of that with a big fluffy brush dipped in Hoola, my entire face and down my neck...I use a very light hand. The result is a very natural and even-toned look to which add any number of blushes I have (depends on my mood, but my 'go to' is either Benefit's Dandelion or MAC's Tenderling). I finish a spritz of MAC's Fix+ spray (another product I cannot live without). Today I hit pan on the Hoola, and even though there is still a goodly amount of product left, I am running out to my Ulta's to get a fresh box. This is my #1 favorite makeup product and will purchase over and over. The initial purchase is a little expensive, however, for the amount of product you get and how long this lasts (my current box has lasted me almost a year and I use it daily) this is a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

really love this bronzer. I have super pale skin and this is one of the few bronzers that gives me a nice glow without looking orange. I also really like that it doesn't have any shimmer or shine to it, it is just matte. The brush it comes with is garbage so I always have to carry one with me, sorta a pain but worth the natural looking sun-kissed results

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Hoola is a matte brown bronze, sun kissed cheeks are a guarantee with this deep pure bronze!!! I have to stress there is NO shimmer or crazy flecks of gold. Looks very natural since it is matte. Use a light hand since going over board is hard to correct as well you don't want to look muddy or dirty. I would sweep it on with brush provided twice on each cheek and then do the classic "3" motion from temple to cheeks to chin. One thing that scares me about the Benefit girls in the UK is that they are ORANGE!?!?! They look like bozo the clown or Oompa Loompas! How do they manage that?? It cannot be with Hoola since its not orangy in anyway its brown. I've seen photos of myself wearing this product it isn't orangy or fake looking so those sales girls must be using that Talk to the Tan crap or some other heavy duty bronzer, so unattractive. BACK to Hoola, the BOX packaging is cute yet not so practical if you are clumsy since a few friends got theirs wet, dropped it in the sink etc and lets say its a cardboard packaging ripped apart and fell apart. Get more solid packaging! I couldn't throw this into a makeup case and go since the lid would come off easily. Once you hit pan its hard to get enough bronzer on the brush...the brush was okay at first but after a while you need to either wash it or use another brush for application. IN terms of colour it was very nice, natural matte bronze with nothing extra you can use as much or as little. Many of my friends use this and I purchase it often for my mates on Christmas or their birthdays. I did change over a year ago to Nars Laguna purely because I wanted some shimmer. Also Nars is cheaper not by much...maybe a pound. And the Nars packaging is lovely and has a great mirror. So really you get more with Nars bronzer than you do with Hoola. But its a great bronzer matte bronzer if you don't like shimmery bronzers.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lot of people love this product but I find that unless I'm wearing a lot of fake tan this can look quite muddy and dirty on my pale skin. Tends to get blotchy throughout the day aswell. The only time I couldn't live without it was when I dyed my hair dark and needed a bit of colour. Also works well on top of the benetint cheek stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only bronzer that doesn't turn orange or look unnatural on me. I'm not a huge bronzer person but in the summer I like to use it just to even out my face with my body; since I'm militant about keeping my face out of the sun, my face stays a lot paler. I like that it doesn't have shimmer and that it goes on pretty sheerly at first so I can build up to the color I want. The box is cute but not very durable or portable.