August 29, 2014 | 1396 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by HipGal2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so want to love this product that was why i bought it. It did not show on my NC30 skin and when i piled on the product then it gave a non- flattering orange hue that makes my face look muddy. I bought it because i needed a bronzer without any glitter but it is not the ONE i am looking for. I have tried Estee Lauder, Guerlain Terracotta (i got 2), MAC light over dark and cheeky bronze and Hoola is the worst of them. My advice is, definitely try it on at the cosmetic counter before you spend your money on this product. Also, the applicator brush it comes with has tough britles and tends to leave harsh lines one your face, so you definitely have to use your own brush to apply this bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sharrell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In LOVE with this bronzer! Finally...after trying all the drugstore brands and even Bare Essentual's bronzers and "veils", I have found a believable color of bronze! Everything else is so reddish/weird looking on me...like I've fake-baked and put blush on top of that! In the darling little box this comes in, it appears not dark enough. It will deceive you and unless you try it on at Ulta or Sephora like i did, you probably would just pass it up. I'm glad she made me try it on and now its my every single day face finisher for looking healthy and flushed. My complexion is like a pale Jessica Alba..meaning, the way she looks during winter months and when she's not being tanned for her movies. We both have the ability to tan very nicely and have olive undertones. I'm giving those details so you can judge how this bronzer may work for you. I think its such a perfect shade though that it will work for a multitude of complexions. Just try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am undecided on re-buying, the packaging sucks and it's kinda pricey. But, it is the best shade of bronzer ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by katelynwilliams2002

So... I thought that this was going to be my go to make up product but to be honest it's not as good as I thought. The number one reason that I thought I would love it is because it's matte and it has a good tone (or looks to have one.) But, I have found that you have to be very careful with the product if you apply just a little bit to much it can give your skin a dirty look instead of a warm look. And, nobody wants their skin to look dirty! I will continue to use this as my matte bronzer because it is a little spendy but I am still looking for the perfect one. I am usually always completely satisfied with Benefits products so this one just may not work for me but others it could. I would definitely try it because you should see for yourself. Be sure not to use the brush that it comes with! I hate the ones they come with, terrible. I throw them out as soon as I get them. Use a bigger fluffy brush that isn't too dense because you don't want it to suck up lots of the product and have it sit on your fave. Make sure that you tap the excess off the brush and work just a little bit of the product into your skin. You are alot better to start with a little and keep adding with this product. Also, the packaging is adorable, I love the little old fashioned books but they arent the greatest If you are looking for something thats portable. This is definitely a product that you want to keep on your vanity. Use your time while applying and make sure to really use the right brush, I can't say that enough!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is hard to bring around if you're a "drop in your purse" person, but if it's just in a makeup pouch, you're fine to go.

Of course I wouldn't use the brush that's given in with this, but it is cute and matches the box.

I like using this with a fluffy brush around my face for contouring, and a warm glow. It's absolutely natural and goes on silkily. If you apply too much, it can be blended away.

The price is a bit steep, but I'm benefit obsessed. There's actually quite a lot in the BENEFIT boxes though. (As compared to most of their cosmetics with $ : product amount)
My perfect matte bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this bronzer for sometime now. I went to Sephora looking for a matte color & this is one of the brands the mua showed (I can't remember the other but there weren't many matte ones anyways). However, I was a little hesitant because of the packaging & the price (I think it was in the high $20 range) but decided to get it anyways & I really like it aside from the package & that cheap brush, that I never used!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually do like the packaging because it's more unique than a regular compact. Like the majority of reviewers, I love that it's very natural-looking (matte tan color, no shimmer). It's perfect for contouring, I use it mainly for the cheekbones and jawline. Over the couple of weeks I've been using this, I notice that for me, it looks better in natural or medium lighting rather than bright lights. Also, the Benefit counter SA is the best! He really knew his stuff and spent time teaching me how to use this. I really appreciate the good customer service.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eiieca

This bronzer lives up to it's name when it says 'tan' however, I found out that the tan looked too 'fake' and that it does not compliment my skin. I have a fair-medium skin so it did not work for me. I've only used it once or twice, and regret buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first box lasted 1.7 years but I just purchased another one. That says a lot because I would never buy a 28 USD bronzer unless it was worth it. I've swatched pretty much every single brand of bronzer that Sephora offers (Cargo, Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay, NARS, etc.) and MAC bronzers as well, and they are all too orange (think oompa loompa). There is no orange in this. I can't see a hint of pink or orange in it; it's just a medium brown color. What I like about Hoola is that it's matte. Also, I use it as a contour so I like the fact that it doesn't have sparkles in it because when you contour, you shouldn't have sparkels in the dark areas of your face. It feels silky smooth to the touch (not grainy at all). Application is beautiful if you don't use too heavy a hand. The packaging could be nicer for the 28 USD but it serves its purpose as long as you aren't dropping it everywhere. I don't use the little brush that comes with it to apply, but I use it to buff out the harsh lines. The brush is soft and quite nice. I even got the Sephora MA interested in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by 1sarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am blonde with medium skin tone. I love the texture and color. It makes my cheeks perfectly tan. It looks like I spent a few hours in the sun. I like the little brush and I think it blends nicely. I would buy again.