December 19, 2014 | 1089 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by naturallyboredthriller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using the Double Wear pressed powder foundation for nearly a year, I had finally started noticing my complexion getting worse after wearing the makeup for so long. However, I really liked the coverage that the compact makeup gave me to cover up my blemishes, so it was a never ending battle. A couple of months ago, I was at my local Macy's looking for makeup that wasn't so heavy and the makeup artist there suggested that I try this new makeup. She gave me a makeover using the Double Wear Light liquid foundation and I fell in love with it. However, after a couple weeks of wearing it, I noticed that it's a bit too dark for my skin tone, even though the shade I bought is the lightest shade they make (I have very very fair skin). I still wear the makeup, but just a little bit of it since that's all it takes, anyway. The coverage on this makeup is great but it feels as if I'm not wearing makeup at all. It looks the best applied with a wedge shaped sponge or a foundation brush, but I prefer using the sponge to get a more even look. I also use Clinique shimmering loose powder over top of the makeup to set it, and it looks great. This makeup lasts all day and I usually don't need to touch it up at all. I really do love this makeup; hopefully, though, they'll make an even lighter color to match my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very very happy with this foundation. I read all the reviews here, and decided I needed to stop in at the Estee counter and take a peek. The BA working offered me a generous sample, and I used every drop. What I like: this is long lasting and has SPF 15. It has roughly the same coverage as the Sally Hansen Carmindy foundation, but has sunscreen and does not feel quite and moist, something that is very beneficial to me because this summer I am traveling in places that are extremely hot and humid. Coverage lasts all day, without the masking effect I see people have from Double Wear. And it goes on very smoothly over almost any moisturizer I have on, I can have something very rich for the day after I fly, or something very light for temps as high as 120, and the Double Wear Light is responding and lasting extrmely well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

After using this for a few days, I got these itchy bumps on my forehead. I was able to return the product and the salesperson told me the problem was I did not buy the makeup remover it goes with. I told her thanks but no thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by dreamqueen

As usual i read the reviews here before purchasing this. I wanted to love this product I had high expectations for the high price. IT'S NOT THAT LONGWEARING! I like revlon colorstay better. It says it's good in photos but it's just white or more white than the others & IT'S WHITE & OILY. I admit i got the wrong shade at 1st bu then i got the right shade & it's still white in the pictures. I'm not confident when going out while wearing this unlike revlon colorstay i know my make-up is always intact. It does nothing for my oily skin too. The good? it doesn't oxidize/change color at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by pecany

So I used to be a fan of Double Wear a long time ago and then realized it was too thick so I was very happy to see that they made a lighter version. I really like the quality and for the most part it does seem to last although I wouldn't say it has the same staying power as the original. I hate the fact that the BA's try to tell you that you need the 'special make up remover' AND a cleanser to take it off. I think that's BS. I use Erno Laszlo oil and soap and it comes off just fine. I like the packaging because it's convenient and easy to travel with BUT it's only 1oz (and I think the other foundations are 1.7 oz for the same price) and then you can't use a q-tip to take out the remaining (like with a glass bottle). I'm going to keep using it because it works well and I haven't found anything better. I will repurchase again, for sure.

**UPDATE: After using this for a while I realized it was not long lasting as they say it is and I was having to touch up a lot throughout the day. It also started to make my face look dry so I went back to my Bobbi Brown foundation. Removing a few lippies and would not repurchase unless Bobbi discontinues hers.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by islareina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of the reviews here on MUA. I only got the sample; I haven't bought the product yet so I don't even know how much it costs.

My skin is extremely oily and has been since the age of two, no exaggeration. I've been looking for an HG foundation for years and it's possible this may be it. The staying power is good, that's for sure. The SA put the makeup on me, and then I drove home, top down on the convertible, in the blazing sun. My face started to glow but I think that's to be expected, right? I worked out hard for 40 minutes and the makeup was still there.

The next day I wore it all day at work. I had to blot oil off my face every 15-20 minutes and I was about to write a review so say thumbs down to this product. But then I tried wearing that super Clinique primer (Pore Minimizer) and the foundation is not so bad now. It is looking great all long and although I still have to blot about every 45 minutes, at least I can teach an entire hour of class without looking oily.

I'll give it 4 lippies because I have to wait and see if I can get a better color match. The SA was this young thing who apparently had never sold makeup to a black woman and she tried to make the Level 6 level blend to my skin color but it clearly looked like mud on my face. Even the next shade up makes me look like I'm wearing a mask because my face and neck make me look like two separate people. If the 4-shade works, I may up my rating to a 5.

EDIT: The #4 was too light so I actually have taken off a lippie from 4 to 3. One off because it's still not the HG I need, and another off because they don't have my shade, which is apparently 4 1/2.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by texas01

I have been using this for a few weeks now and it is starting to grow on me. If you start with a very thin layer and buid you can't see it at all. It has great staying power and the coverage is buildable but I may need a little more coverage. It sets very fast so make sure ou blend very quickly. I will update later.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by julrox1

OK; nothing to write home about. It didn't seem to stay on any longer than other foundations I've used even though it is touted as being terrific even in very hot, humid weather. Not particularly creamy or lovely. OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I purchased #1 in this foundation, which was so popular at my LDS, they had to call me when they got it back in stock. I'm usually disappointed in overly hyped products, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I find the coverage to be medium, and I like the control that using my fingers gives me. I would say use it very sparingly on the sides of your nose or other areas with a tendency toward dryness--it is quite matte and might be a little clingy to the trouble spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

This is my first liquid foundation and I was hoping for better. When I was at the sales counter it looked good but since buying it and using it over the last few weeks it has turned my skin into a zitty mess (the tiny ones that make your skin feel like sandpaper). It also turns cakey on me no matter what I do before hand (exfoliate, moisturise, primer etc), it settled into my pores. It's OK but I'm sure there must be better out there. EDIT: I figured out what the problem was, I was being too heavy handed with this foundation. I have bought it again and will keep using it.