Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 12/4/2008 11:19:00 AM

Love this stuff. Perfect light coverage for my acne scarred skin and non-comedogenic to boot.

on 12/3/2008 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I much prefer the original Double Wear as I have dehydrated/dry skin. This version does have good staying power and coverage though, so I would recommend for someone with an oilier skin type. There is something about the colours of these Double Wears i really like - they just seem to blend in so well (am blonde hair, pale skin).

I like this foundation in general- good coverage, feel and staying power. However, if you're a pale skin girl like me, I wouldn't buy it. I had to return it because it was too dark for me, and I bought the lightest shade. I always have to buy 'the lightest' shade foundation when I shop, and this one wasn't true enough to my skin tone.

**Only downside is the color availability. Only comes in about 5 colors. Make sure it matches your skin well first.

on 12/1/2008 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this foundation. It stays put ALL DAY and it also helps my other makeup stay on all day. It controls oil but i do have to blot (not as much though). I use this with my fingers for application and find that it provides more coverage. I don't think I would use this on an everyday basis because my skin breaks out with continuous use of a liquid foundation, also, I'm too lazy during the weekdays to apply liquid foundation. I will however use it for special occasions and weekends. I am quite impressed with this product and its lasting power. Will definitely purchase but I don't think i will need to since this one tube will last me forever. Love the hygienic tube it comes in as well. I use #2 which is a little dark on me but I brush on pressed powder on top to set the foundation and to lighten the color. I love it!! It's Cdn $42 or $49 so pretty pricey but worth it if you're looking for a lightweight long lasting foundation. EDIT: I found my HG liquid foundation - EA Intervene!! It's more lightweight in texture, colour matches me better than EL Double Wear, is not chalky and masky, and is also longwearing.

on 12/1/2008 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I want to love this but it causes breakouts on my skin and the original formula does not. Compaired to the original Double Wear, this is lighter but still offers good coverage. I am PPP and do not like the color selections for any of the EL foundations, but always use the lightest shade and it never really matches but with a light hand and lots of blending, it passes. I will not repurchase because of the breakouts this causes...my skin is combo/oily and prone to breakouts. I noticed the breakouts about 3-4 weeks after continuous wear.

on 11/30/2008 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is the only liquid foundation that works for oily skin.
I have super oily skin.Usually, my face will become very shiny after 1st period, but this product keeps my face matte til 2nd period!!! yes it claims it lasts for like 15 hrs? but for very-oily-skin people, you cant really find a product last that long. and this is the one that lasts the longest(for about 4 hours).

on 11/19/2008 5:43:00 PM

I have always been obsessed with trying different foundations and no matter how much I like one I still enjoy comparing them. What I liked most about this was that is really did stay on all day, as claimed, which is hard to find in a lighter weight foundation. I would call this semi matte, yet light weight in texture. I felt this really did do what it claims to do, control oil and stay on for 15 hrs. The price is really good for a dept. store brand, IMO. I would have scored this higher but the limited color selection left me puzzled as EL normally has a great range of N/C/W tones. I was matched with #1 which is fairly neutral, but more pinkish for my NC25 skintone, and while decent it was not perfect either. I also tried #2 which was too dark, therefore I suspect some will have a hard time finding a good color match. I do understand that some of the lighter weight finishes adjust to your coloring as they sorta melt into your skin, but I still feel the selection is too limited. For those that find a really good match than this is a decent option, especially if you need oil control and if you find most lighter weight foundations don't last through the day. I prefer a dewy foundation with sheer to light coverage, so this was just a tad too matte for my liking.

on 11/15/2008 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first high-end foundation I've ever purchased and I think it's FAB! It provides good coverage, but is still very light so your skin can breath. It also has great staying power even in hot & humid conditions. I had no problem with color matching caz the sales rep that assisted me helped me find the perfect shade for my skin tone. This foundation photographs really well...makes my skin look flawless in pictures. The only con I have about this is the price...just wish it was toned down a bit, but a little does go a very long way. Will repurchase.

on 11/14/2008 12:32:00 AM

i really wanted to like this product but it had an odd texture and was too dark for my skin. id use it if i had to but i certainly dont nees a $35 foundation

on 11/10/2008 11:35:00 AM

This product is amazing! It lasts forever, doesn't get oily and photographs fabulously! I love the packaging too, it travels well and is overall a great foundation! I will never change! Pair this with Ahava Oil-Free Moisturizer, and you are set! Perfect for anyone with combination/oily skin.