Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 11/14/2008 12:32:00 AM

i really wanted to like this product but it had an odd texture and was too dark for my skin. id use it if i had to but i certainly dont nees a $35 foundation

on 11/10/2008 11:35:00 AM

This product is amazing! It lasts forever, doesn't get oily and photographs fabulously! I love the packaging too, it travels well and is overall a great foundation! I will never change! Pair this with Ahava Oil-Free Moisturizer, and you are set! Perfect for anyone with combination/oily skin.

on 11/5/2008 10:34:00 PM

I work for Estee Lauder and realize the Original Doublewear is awesome but is not for everyone.

If you are looking for a light coverage foundation that looks flawless, natural and photographs wonderfully this is it! Most ladies that I apply this on say there is little need for concealer but Double Wear Liquid Concealer also works amazingly with this product.

This foundation does not get the tired look or accentuate creases in skin. If you have oily skinl this will control oil. If you have dry skin it will not feel mask-like or tight.

Prep: Start with Estee Lauder Idealist, Follow with DayWear Plus and (optional apply Doublewear Concealer) and apply the foundation with a Brush.

on 11/4/2008 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Intensity 3. It lasts all day and provides great coverage. The only problem is that it tends to dry very fast on my skin so I'll mix it with tinted moisturizer and it smooths out easier. I like the finish better this way also.

on 11/3/2008 10:04:00 PM

My mother and I both swear by Double Wear. She prefers a heavier foundation, where as I lately have been looking for a lighter alternative. I was delighted when I found this last month! It is a lighter formula than the original, yet it doesn't compromise on coverage!

Here's a trick: Use half of the foundation you are used to using! My mom and I both use a foundation brush for application. We use only a pearl size amount, as less is more with this product. Your skin will look better, you must try it, especially if you are concerned about your lines and wrinkles!

on 11/1/2008 4:14:00 AM

such a lovely product, it just gives me great natural looking skin, it does stays over 15hrs on my oily skin, would love to buy it again

on 10/31/2008 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been hunting for a HG foundation ever since my beloved Lancome Adaptive was d/c. I thought this might be it. I am using 2.0 (MAC NC20 for ref). The shade suits me well but there is significant fading by early afternoon. Also, the first few months it applied so beautifully, the finish was awesome, coverage w/o pastiness and a very subtle glow. It seems as I am down to the last half of the bottle, there is definitely a drier application. I have not changed moisturizer, primer, etc. to account for this. At this point, I am totally disenchanted even though a month ago I loved it even though it faded in early afternoon; I just did a quick touchup then. I always put the lid back on as soon as I am done with it; not sure why it seems to have dried out. Dull flat finish. The hunt is back on .... *sigh* EDIT 7/3/2010: Over a thin application of Almay Smart Shade concealer and stippled on w/SK highlighting brush, this fdtn is restored to HG status. On my third tube.

on 10/29/2008 11:08:00 AM

i love this foundation!!!!! i wear it everyday i get compliments on how beautiful my skin looks from complete strangers(and thats a great thing since i do struggle a bit with acne) the coverage is beautiful and the finish is semi luminious and the staying power unbeatable! best foundation i have ever used im definitly going to buy this foundation again!

on 10/19/2008 5:16:00 PM

This is a pretty good product, it stays on fairly well, has good coverage, and works alright with my acne-prone skin. It lasts a long time, and although I have never been an Estee Lauder customer I thought I'd give it a try after reading about it. It's fairly pricey here in Canada--if I remember correctly I think it was about 47, which I am not sure is justified. It's a good quality product, but defiantly isn't the holy grail of foundations. I still have yet to try out Marcelle's tinted moisturiser and La Roche Prosay's toleraine which have recieved good reviews and are more in my price range. I'll update once I do so.
After trying Vichy's Dermablend, I think this produce doesn't desserve four out of five. So I am taking a point off because when I orginally went up to the Estee Lauder counter the saleswoman tried to convience me to buy the regular double wear (but it didn't match my skin) the only thing that matched it best was the lighter formulation. I just find that my Vichy foundation is more natural, although it may not be as matte.

on 10/4/2008 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

DWL is great. I wear color #2 at NC30 with bronzer over and it is now my go-to foundation. Sheer-moderate coverage with a matte finish, does a good job of covering redness with light acne scars on my cheeks. I am oily and need to blot possibly once during the day with this, but it does stay on my skin all day.
It does clog up your foundation brush a bit (possibly due to the longer wear-power?) but it's not a problem I would stop using the foundation over.