Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FANTASTIC! Not quite as heavy as my HG (normal dw) but way better coverage then a tinted moisturizer...easy to apply (like lotion, really) lasts all day and has my sun protection too! A++++++++

on 9/18/2008 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this for a couple months in Intensity 1.0 after I ran out of my discontinued HG foundation, Almay Amazing Lasting (in Buff). Initially it seemed pretty great compared to other foundations I had experimented with. However, when I started having really bad breakouts, the DWL just didn't step up when I needed it to (I don't blame the makeup for my breakouts though).

I get cystic acne on my jaw and neck that results in very dark spots. The DWL was too sheer to cover those spots at all. Worse, it doesn't build for beans. I initially used a foundation brush then tried my fingers as recommended by the SA but it didn't help. Attempts at layering just wiped the first layer off and the makeup started to settle in my pores and look spotty. Additionally, although 1.0 is the lightest shade, it went really orange on my neck. I'm fair-skinned but not super pale.

DWL will work nicely for someone who can get away with sheer coverage. The coverage I managed to get did last a long time. The tube packaging was nice for sanitary reasons but at $32.50 too much of the product was inaccessible when it started to run out.

I ended up giving Revlon Colorstay another try and so far I am thrilled. Please see my review.

on 9/18/2008 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a really good think covering foundation, i've been using it for about 8 months (the same bottle has lasted that long) and i use a lot of it, i dont have spots but i have very unhealthy looking skin, bags under my eyes and freckles so i wear alot, the foundation looks really good but its hard to blend and looks dry, when i use it with a mousterizer it doesnt stay on, i would recomend it as it is the best ive ever had but the texture is weird and it is quite expensive at £23 a bottle,
But if anyone could recomend a similar foundation with very thick coverage that is easier to blend that would be reaaally helpful and much appreciated :)

on 9/9/2008 2:44:00 AM

This is my HG foundation! I have used the original DW on and off since it came out, so about 10 years or so. I had problems with the color though; I use Sand, but I have to mix it with a Perscriptives foundation to get the perfect yellow-toned color (I am usually a NC30 in MAC, btw). So I was pleasantly surprised that I found a color match with DWL. Well, two color matches actually. I use shade 2 in winter and 3 in summer. I put a dab of each color on my sponge and blend on the skin during the in-between months, like now. The process is pretty easy actually. Anyway, I like this better than the original because I tend to over-do foundation and this is more natural-looking. It is a tad more moisturizing than the original which is good for me since my skin is combination right now. It has a soft, natural matte finish. Best of all, it wears very well, doesn't streak, but still looks good. Overall, I am very pleased and will repurchase for sure!

on 9/8/2008 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this foundation! Not only did it stay on ALL day (easily 15+ hours) but it made all of my other make up (eyeliner, eyeshadow) stay in place too! I don't use it every day, so I can't speak to that...but it's a great go-to foundation (for me) for special occasions!

on 9/7/2008 9:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I so wanted to be happy with this foundation. I got a sample first in 02 (thank god I didn't purchase it). The color was a perfect match. I liked everything about the foundation, the texture, the lightness, the sheer coverage and staying power. The next day I was going to rush to store to buy this thinking that I found my HG foundation, but I noticed bumps on my face and they got worse. I'm sorry that I had this kind of reaction to this product but this is a great foundation overall.

on 9/5/2008 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I probably would have never tried this product, as I don't typically use Estee Lauder makeup. But I got a sample of it out of Cosmo, and after a few weeks, decided to try it out. I love it! I'm not a fan of heavy foundations and I usually only use MAC concealer to cover some redness around my nose and lower forehead. This foundation does the same as the concealer, and looks much more natural and flawless. It feels like I'm not wearing anything, it's so sheer. My new HG.

on 8/24/2008 7:33:00 PM

DWL like is the perfect love child of the original DW and Revlon's ColorStay Light: a light weight foundation that covers little imperfections without looking masky AND that stays put on oily skin! I originally tried this in Intensity 1 when it first came out and the colour match was way off, much too pink. So, I assumed the other colours would be too dark and I ended up buying the original DW in Fresco (2N2). DW has great coverage and wear, but if you're a little too heavy-handed, you do end up looking plastic-y. And, it's heavy to wear in summer. So a couple of weeks ago I tried a sample of this in Intensity 2 (as Fresco is in the 2 range) and I finally found a great liquid foundation! I need only a touch of concealer on really troublesome spots and a bit of ColorStay powder on my T-zone to look great all day, with only a small blot needed in the late afternoon. I wish it had a higher SPF, but overall I really like the natural finish I get from this and will be purchasing a full-sized bottle soon.
UPDATE: This foundation looked fabulous on me in summer when I had a bit of colour. Now that it's winter and I'm more pale, Intensity 2 looks too yellow on me. I'll keep this for my summer foundation though because I still like it. I am also finding that the coverage is more sheer than I had originally thought. I recently had a big breakout on my chin and I'm left with some red, ruddy scars, in addition to the broken capillaries that are the bane of my existence. DWL did not cover this mess at all. In the summer when I loved this foundation the most, my skin was in much better shape. If you need to conceal heavy redness or dark scars, stick with the original DW.

on 8/19/2008 4:53:00 PM

I love this - I switch back and forth from Double Wear and Double Wear Light. Both are great products. It really frustrates me when people give the product a negative review because they picked the wrong color and didn't exchange it, or tried it for only one day. As with all products, it takes some experimenting to find the way it works best for you. I highly recommend this product, or the regular Double Wear (for someone looking for fuller coverage).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

When I first received a sample of this, it seemed to work so well. It gave a nice finish, and seemed to match my skin in intensity 2. However, when I decided to buy a full bottle, it came out almost completely orange on my skin. I see no point in trying to find a color match if the product turns orange. I have no idea why it looked so different after buying a full size bottle of this stuff, but I'm not even going to bother dishing out another $33 for something that basically worked like crap. It didn't even cover that well. Regular Double Wear works decently if I dilute it with a little bit of water, but it gave an awful white cast on my face in pictures. Too bad.