Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

I love, love this foundation! I am Ecru, a neautral color in the original DW, so the #1 is perfect for me. I like that it is more of a natural finish than a matte, and that the texture is lighter. It also stays put! I will definately by this again.

on 7/28/2008 10:17:00 AM

I probably would not have thought to purchase this product had my EL lady not steered me to it. I used the original Double Wear years ago when I had really acneic skin that needed a lot of coverage. Thanks to religious use of Retin A, Vitamin C serum and sunscreen my skin is much better at 50 than it was at 40 and the need for heavy coverage has lessened. However, I still have very oily skin come summer. I purchased this in Intensity 1.0 (I used Linen shade in original). Blending needs to be gentle or it tends to disappear on me, Use of primer helps a lot. Coverage is buildable, if I am going out I will use two light coats, letting it dry in between. Finish is very long-lasting, it will take me through the entire day without touchups. The fact that this is yellow-based is a big plus for me. For reference, I used the Limpide shade in Chanel foundations and Soft Ivory in E.L. Futurist.

on 7/28/2008 8:46:00 AM

I didn't like this at all. Too drying for my skin and it looked totally flat. I tried different ways of applying it and it just didn't work for me. Fair enough I guess since I didn't like Double Wear either. I have given it 2 lippies for the fact that it is longwearing. No, will not buy this, luckily I only used a sample.

on 7/27/2008 2:05:00 PM

I am 32 yrs. old and did not wear any makeup until now. I wanted to try something with light coverage, but that still did the job. After reading reviews I tried DoubleWear and I love it. I have gotten many compliments on how great my skin looks. I don't have any skin problems, but with this MU my face looks more even toned and uplifting. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/26/2008 9:06:00 AM

I decided to try this for the summer after having used the original double wear this winter. It is what it says on the package - a lighter version of the original. The coverage is medium, it stays on all day and the color match is pretty good in my case. I'm Tawny in the original and use 2 in this version. I usually put in on straight after a light moisturizer so that it blends easily. It doesn't do anything spectacular per se, like the original double wear this is quite a matte foundation, but with this one being lighter there's more room to play with highlighters, blush or bronzers without looking all caked up. And it hasn't broken me out so far, though I'm prone. The packaging is fairly practical, though I find it a bit tacky looking. The skin colored plastic tube looks like a foundation you'd buy in Ride-Aid for $8.. but overall, it's a pretty good product.

on 7/24/2008 1:18:00 PM

This is by far my favorite liquid foundation!! It is medium coverage and stays on all day!! Even in the TX hot sun. I am on my second tube.
The lightest is perfect for my fair skin. Love it!!

on 7/16/2008 8:18:00 PM

I have somewhat acne-prone and oily/combination skin. Aside from the old Chanel DPF, there wasn't a foundation my skin could tolerate often so I try not to wear foundation at all... and especially with the summer here, my skin is particularly reactive to foundation. For what the foundation aims for, I think it fulfills its purposes very well. It's not as matte as I had hoped for but instead it gives a natural and soft-powdery look, which is surprising given my oily skin and the hot weather. It lasts the whole day, I didn't need to touch up, and it does not rub off easily. One lippie off for the lack of range of colors... but nevertheless, a favorite light foundation for me!

***Update: It breaks me out... after weeks of using it, I noticed that my skin got progressively worse because of this. I consistently had little pimples or cysts form on my face when I normally have great skin. It's lightwear but I did not feel comfortable after a while because it really itched on my face. The color also changes easily to ash gray after a few hours turning me into a ghastly spectacle. Too bad... I really wanted to like it.

on 7/14/2008 3:08:00 AM

I love this foundation! I normally use Double Wear in Bone, but I wanted a change this summer. I was looking for a lighter, less makeup feeling foundation. My skin can be blotchy, so I do need good coverage. This has been perfect! I use the number 1 color, and it is a perfect match (seems even more perfect than Bone). It doesn't oxidize on me at all. I have normal/combo skin, that becomes oilier during the summer months. This lasts most of the day for me, but I may have to touch-up but it isn't inconvenient. I really do love this foundation for the summer!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am a fan of Double Wear foundation for when I want a smooth, mask-like look that does not fade, transfer, or turn; when I saw this "Light" formula, I got so excited b/c I thought perhaps I'd get the coverage of normal Double Wear. No such luck. This stuff is thin and does not build very well, it doesn't blend, and worst of all: It turns orange on me after about one hour. For < $30, you would think it'd at least be *true* color. Not a fan. Actually wound up throwing this away.

on 7/10/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This isn't a bad foundation. It lasts fairly long without going super shiny on my oily skin. What I don't like about it is that there aren't that many colors, so it's difficult to match to a skin tone. You would have to mix colors to get it just right, and that isn't an appealing thought to me. I was given a sample by a counter rep at my work. I will buy it, if I don't find something I like better.