April 17, 2014 | 1597 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It might be ok....if you can find a color match. Even the lightest is too dark and too yellow. Too bad...what about the fairest of the fair?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried Double Wear Light because I was looking for a longwear foundation for this Summer without the insane amount of coverage that the original Double Wear provides.

This foundation has sheer to medium coverage, resists very well to sweat. heat and perspiration and (BIG PLUS) doesn't oxidize on my oily skin, it hasn't caused any sort of reaction or break outs on my acne-prone skin. I applied it with fingers and with the MAC 187 brush and quite honestly, I think the fluid nature of this foundation doesn't demand a sponge or a brush and can be a good option for a travel or on the go product.

Albeit sheer, this foundation really GRABS onto your skin, so I advise you to cleanse it properly otherwise you'll be going to bed and still have product on your face. I don't elevate it to HG status as there are far superior foundations that I like (Armani Luminous Silk per example) but this if you want a good foundation for Summer and have combo/oily skin then give this baby a test drive. If you want longwear and still want to look discreet and not completely made, it's a great choice and relatively affordable.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Starcandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG foundation!! I used to wear MAC SFF, but when I was all out I decided to try something new. I stumbled upon this by coincidence. I tried it out a few days and fell in love!! I literally forget that I'm even wearing foundation with this. It is so light and it has SPF so it is perfect for everyday use. Not to mention its superb lasting power and coverage. I tend to get flustered and red around my cheeks and nose and with this you cannot notice anything at all. I definitely recommend this to everyone. Give it a try! It's supposed to be for all skin types. I have dry skin but with this my skin looks flawless and glows. Doesn't look cakey at all. LOVE IT!!

For reference I'm NC35 and #3 is perfect.
Tip: This looks even more flawless when applied with MAC 187 brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by 2791cat

This is really a good product. I wore EL foundation for 15-16 years, untill they discontinued Micro targeted skin gel ( moisturiser-which I used in combo w/ Adv Nt Repair ). After that- nothing seemed to work.
I've used every foundation out there (and every skincare product) from very low end- to verrrrrry high end. Double Wear & Double Matt both were to heavy for me- looked great for a while, but set into my fine lines after a few hours- I also looked like I had a ton of mu on.
Got a sample of this before it went on sale & wore it for about a week. Purchased it when it came out. Went back to Lancome after a week or so - cuz I just couldn't get the moisturisers & powders to work w/ it. Now- I find that my lancome looks chalky & heavy. Been back to Double Wear LIGHT for about 2 weeks. I really like it. I have combo skin & live in Fla (hello humidity). I now am back to my Advanced Nt Repair (day and nt- don't need much) and EL Daywear Plus for combo skin (again-dont need much & you can get samples), my Double Wear LIGHT, and a little bit of EL Lucidity loose powder to set. It's working like a charm. It was hot, humid & I was SICK the other day- my fever broke, and I started to sweat like a pig......checked the mirror (sure that my make-up had run & set in my lines and around my upper lip - like they all do) and SURPRISE.....I still looked sick, but my mu had not moved! That's a first. I find that you can build the coverage if need be- tho not anywhere you have lines etc.-Also I find that you get med coverage from the start- unless you go verrrrry light handed. Will stick w/ this for now ...unless I find a true HG. Will update if I change my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by sbilokonsky

okay this is perfect summer makeup. it lasts on me at least a good 10+hours, however i do set it with MAC finish powder.
yes, this is a LIGHT TO MEDIUM coverage, however i use a concealer stick to cover my imprefections and it gives me a decent coverage. the price may be high for most folks but it is pretty in the middle range for me consider the prices i pay for makeup.
this makeup was never designed for heavy coverage, hence LIGHT in the name. so if you want heavy coverage use the normal DW.
my biggest thing i like about this makeup...i do not sweat it off in hot weather, which is a BIG PLUS for me-

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ajlamb

I wear shell in the original Double Wear. Colors are way off on the DW Light formula. I purchased the lightest one available and it is really dark. I would purchase this again if they offered more shades for the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by soooo

I really like this product! It doesnt last me 15 hours actually it doesnt really last 7 hours because by the end of the day most of it has come off. This is without and primer or makeup setting spray so i dont know what its like with it. It feels nice and light on my face but still has a good coverage. It definitely look much better when applied lightly but i didnt like how it looked mixed with moisturizer. There is also a lack of shades because they only have 6. They gave me 4 which is a little light for me but it kind of blends and matches my skin tone in a few minutes. So the only real problem i had with it is the lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hellasunday

Got this as a sample - not impressed! I mean, it's average for a foundation but is nothing like the original Double Wear! I don't even think the coverage is anything near it. I gave it 3 lippies as it's a decent foundation, but that's about it. And if you want something half-decent you can get it at the drug store for a fraction of the price. I don't think it's worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

After being a long-time Double Wear fan, I couldn't help but being curious about the new Double Wear Light which arrived in Australia recently. Thing is - I totally forgot that it's been around for longer overseas, so didn't get around to reading any reviews before I bought it or tried it, so here's mine.

I have oily/combo skin and I suffer from quite a bit of redness on the cheek area. As a result, my biggest problem over the years has been with foundation slipping off my face, leaving me with very visible red cheeks; and also foundation just not sitting well on my face due to the oil coming through.

So finding Estee Lauder's Double Matte and then Double Wear foundation was great - long lasting and great oil control. I use the colour Fresco, even though it's a tad too dark for me, but it's the best colour match for my skin tone.

For reference, I am around NC20 to 25, and in the DW Light, I was matched to the lightest colour - perfectly! This was such a relief, considering that the Light range is very limited with it's colours, so some people may have issues with finding a good colour match.

I love that it comes in a tube - so much easier to apply compared to the bottle. Consistency wise - it is smoother and has a sort of gel-like consistency, which makes it a dream to apply and blend. Really handy (and much easier!) if you're in a rush to get out the door. In addition, it doesn't 'set' to that powdery matte finish as quickly as DW normally does, so you have more time to work with it and blend it. In fact, it doesn't really have that 'powdery' finish of DW - it has a slight satiny finish to it, although predominatly matte. But I do like the lighter finish to it, because it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup & will be great for summer when you don't feel like using anything heavy on the skin.

DW Light's coverage is light to medium, but definitely buildable - even to the level of coverage provided by the original DW. So I found that on first application, it was pretty sheer & didn't really cover the redness as well as DW, and it was recommended to me by the EL consultant that I wait for the first application to dry, and then apply more on top as required. I didn't apply it all over the face again, but just on my cheek and nose area - another 2 times. So this is where the original DW will come in handy - my plan is to use DW Light all over, and then use the original DW on top of the red areas/areas needing more coverage.

Staying power & oil control - hmmm - I would have to say that the original Double Wear is better with this, but still the light version is pretty good, especially when used with a primer underneath & set with a nice loose powder. I think it's because of the powdery finish that the original has that makes it better with oil control, and therefore lasting power. But even after having the DW light on my face for 8 hours and blotting once, I still have decent coverage. And even though the redness of my cheeks & a little on my chin and tip of my nose has started to apear, my complexion is still an even tone. And as with the original, I need to wash my face twice to remove traces of this, which for me is pretty good proof that it is long lasting. Also, I haven't seemed to have as big an issue with dry spots with this one.

Overall - I'm very impressed. I think I will be using this regularly from now on as my 'all over' foundation & then applying the other DW on the T-zone/red areas. I figure there's no real reason to put DW all over my face if it's not necessarily required. But my recommendation first would be to go to an EL counter to try this one out & see how it feels on your skin, and also to try and see if there is an appropriate colour for you. But for me - it's worked well & I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by seablues

I only have a sample of this but plan on buying it. I wear Intensity 1 in this foundation as I am super-pale. It matches pretty well, not 100%, but I'd say 95%. Blends perfectly so that's OK with me. It's actually just a hint deeper than I am, but as summer wears on I'll match it.

As for it's performance, this is the best liquid foundation I have ever tried. It goes on so smooth, hides freckles (which are light) and even out ruddy pinkish undertones. I don't have any major acne to cover, but during times when I might, I'd just use a concealer in addition to this b/c this would not fully cover. I love the finish this gives though, it feels like one smooth peice of porcelain once I've got it on. I don't even powder over b/c I like how it looks alone.

For ref., I've got mildly oily/combo skin that is acne-prone at times. Pores clog easily and are enlarged due to battles w/ acne as a young teen. My skin can get dry and flaky on the outer-most layer, esp. around "marionette line" area and creases of nose if irritated - this did not do that to me.