July 25, 2014 | 1915 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lilchibi

i love this foundation, i had been wearing lancome foundation which had oil and it made me break out really bad, i told the lady at the EL counter and she gave me this foundation, my skin hasn't broke out not even once and it gives really good coverage, i finish with a lil bit of the EL double matte oil free powder and my face looks flawless all day it really lasts through anything, i love it, you need to use a good moisturizer under it though or it will dry out your skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by TinasDreamworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One year ago I tried the normal Double wear foundation, not the light one. On my left cheek it left me with a skin that looks as if acidity burned my face. The SA from ESL took one look at my cheek and gave me quickly a refund. He tried to stop me from talking so that no other customer could see my face or hear me. It took me six months to repair the damage that foundation had left on my face. I am wearing foundation for more than 20 years and never had such a problem.

Unfortunately I was so stupid to let a SA talk me into buying the Double Wear Light foundation. I told her what had happened to my face using the heavier Double Wear foundation. I told her that I am concerned that the same chemicals might be in the light version, just maybe less. She obviously only wanted to sell, sell, sell. I can't believe I did let her talk me into buying it.

I am again sitting here with a left cheek which looks like burned from acidity again. The right cheek is also in a bad condition.
But on top of that, this foundation made me break out, even though I did clean it with oil based cleanser and twice.
It does not stay on as well as Revlon Colourstay. After 4 hours my nose started to shine.
It looks unnatural and it makes my skin look older or as old as it is. It settles into my pores and my husband, who doesn't know anything about foundation, does not like the look of it.
I guess the foundation is very, very drying or something aggressive is in it to make the foundation stay.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

So i tried this foundation after being a long time Clinique fan, hoping this might bring something new to the table. Well. It did and it didnt. Im fairly light skin and only the shade 01 looked right on me. The 02 i could wear if i wanted to look like a bad spray on tan. The finish was incredible. Almost too flawless. Which im not sure if this is a good thing. Almost made me look too made up. The BAD thing is that it made me break out :( Big painful zits, which i hadnt had in awhile until i used this foundation. Oh well, back to clinique. If you dont break out, this foundation might be great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up a sample of the #2 intensity which is a nice shade for my light (NC 20) skin. I would describe the color as neutral...not too yellow and not pink.

I love the coverage, it covers all the redness in my skin along with old acne marks that most foundations don't come close to covering. I like the light formula as you don't feel like you're wearing heavy foundation. This stayed put on my oily skin in humid summer heat!

I only wish the SPF was higher, but I found this looks best with a moisturizer underneath it (I use one with SPF 30), this helps especially if you're prone to flaky skin from acne products!

This is much better than the original DoubleWear which I wore in college and have since decided is way too heavy for me now.

Macy's is having a gift with purchase right now, so I plan to purchase this and save my sample for my travel bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used EL Double wear foundation in shell for a while now and though I would give this a whirl. This has a different texture compared to regular Double Wear but I would not call it lighter. Double wear light causes my skin to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kaleidoscopelamb

I really wanted to like this foundation and I did for the first few days, then it started to make me break out little by little so I switched back to my mmu for a few days, the bumps went away so I tried double wear light again and within 4 or 5 days I'm noticing the same thing, it's just not worth it to me. Intensity 1 was a pretty good color match, and it stayed on well all day so I'm pretty discouraged that it broke me out...Oh well, I'll keep looking I guess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I use the original double wear in Ecru, so I got this in intensity 1. It really is a great color match. You do have to blend fast with this too just like the original or else there will be streaks. I use MAC 187 for application. It doesn't last as long as the original- by mid day, I have minimal product left on my face. I do like the coverage of this, but wish it would last longer. I do have to say it lasts longer than most foundations do on me, however nothing beats the original when you need it to last all day. For that, I gave it 3 lippies, but I would buy again since I don't like to use the original double wear every day. I do like the squeeze tube a lot better than a glass jar, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by bankston76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have EXTREMELY oily skin, especially in the 100 degree heat we are having right now. But this makeup is amazing. I have only worn foundation for about 2 years and for 2 years I've been searching and searching for the perfect one. First, I don't like a heavy, un-natural looking foundation. Second, I have very oily skin and most foundations just melt right off, don't stay on more than a couple hours. But this foundation is awesome because it literally stays on all day and never melts off. You can of course tell you have foundation on but it isn't a heavy look, it just makes your skin look better, it's more on the natural side. My skin does still get oily but not as much. I can't expect anything to keep the oil away in this heat but this is doing a good job. I use mac blot powder over it and it looks really nice. I went swimming the other day and it was still on after, mind you it was kind of blotchy, but still on none the less! For me, this is a wonderful foundation. I do get a few little tiny pink bumps sometimes but after i wash my face, use a good moisturizer or retinol and wake up in the morning, they are gone so i don't worry about it. Go out and get some!

UPDATE: This broke me out and I got tired of how unnatural it looked.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tiff22

This foundation is nice, very nice. It looks natural, I love to apply it with my EDM flat buki, and it lasts all day. Im a PPP and the #1 is a great match but any lighter than a NC15-20 shouldnt bother with it IMO, it would be too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After looking for a decent foundation, something not too heavy, minimal coverage, and staying power, I came across this product.
I have pale skin, and went with Intensity 1.
Feels almost like a tinted moisturizer, therefore I do put a tad more around my eyes (the store was sold out of DW concealer).
Leaves my skin "dewy" and natural looking.