Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

It was very dry and had an extreemly mat finish . You need to put a ton of moisturizer on it before you wear it. Not a natural finish at all.

I love this foundation. I hate heavy foundations so I use this in the winter because it's as heavy as I will go. It gives excellent coverage, and stays on all day. It actually keeps me from becoming oily too fast as well! It doesn't feel heavy and it's just an amazing foundation. I've heard good things about the original double wear but this is better IMO because it feels lighter. It feels almost as light as a tinted moisturizer. I would definitely try this. I take off one lippie because I wish it came in my perfect shade but it doesn't. IT comes in "intensities" 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. And each intensity encompasses a color range. The MUA said I was 4 but I definitely thought that was too dark for my NC35 skin coloring. So I bought a 3 and I found this a little too light. I just add a little bronzer and I look okay in the winter =P. I hate having to buy two foundations just to make my perfect shade. I think it may have too much yellow undertones or something for my coloring. If they made my perfect shade I would buy this all the time as my favorite foundation.Until then.. the search continues.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think this is a great product if it matches your skin. Unfortunately, it is too pink for my skin. If it matched, I would wear it all the time.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Ok, I normally hate liquid foundation. I have been unhappy with the look of powders, as I have dry patches on my cheeks that can look cakey. Mac discontinued their TM, and I didn't like Cliniques TM, so I thought I would try this after reading reviews and talking to a friend, MUA for Lauder. This stuff is impressive! Very light feeling-I hate that suffocating feeing of heavy makeup. I used this with Lucidity pressed powder to set, and the Lauder Double Wear concealer. I was between colors 1 and 2, but they were out of 1, so I chanced it with buying 2. You couldn't even tell I was wearing anything, and my skin just looked glowing and even. I haven't had any problem with breakouts-and I clean my face thoroughly in the evenings. It lasted all day yesterday when my daughter had to go to the hospital for a procedure-7 am until I got home that afternoon at 5:30. So far so good. Packaging could be better-noticed some leakage at the cap, but are any packages without some fault? As of now I will repurchase.

This is a great foundation,I also use the the orginal double wear and I do find it heavy,but the light is great,easy to apply and has great staying power.
The only draw back is the shade,I ordered over the internet 2.0 and found this too dark as I am fair,and then had to order 1.0.
But it is as near perfect as a foundation can get.I am now on my second and I still am trying to find a HG foundation,I think this task is impossible.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I thought I was too cool for Estee Lauder until a friend insisted I would find what I needed in a foundation there. I went, I sampled, I was sold. Double Wear Light is a bullet-proof medium-coverage (they say sheer-to-medium, I say it's on the medium side of sheer) foundation -- it does not slip, it does not crease, it does not sink into pores and it oxidizes minimally. It does not need a primer on my slightly dry skin and it absolutely does not need powder. One thing I particularly like is that gel and cream blushes go on silkily over this and last FOREVER. The EL folks claim 15 hours' wear on this; I dunno about that, but I have no problem getting 10. The finish is about as natural as a medium-coverage foundation can be -- I hate the texture of makeup on skin, and this is really not bad. It also feels very comfortable on, not too thick and not tight. I wear Intensity 1.0 on my fair neutral skin (balanced between pink and yellow). This is a touch too dark, but since I sheer the Double Wear Light out, it's not a big problem. (I also wear MAC F&B N1 successfully and I also sheer that one out.) I like this best applied with a damp Blue Peep; a foundation brush tends to put it on a little thick. Definitely worth checking out if you want long wear but not too much coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

For most parts I don't like liquid foundations. Most of them break me out and they are thick and mask like feeling. But this is not one of them!
I hade to get a liquid because of my Lasik eye surgery. No powders in the eyearea. I did test drive it before, and it has many many great sides to it.
First of all it is lightweigt. Feels for most part like nothing. The finish in very natural and light. Goes on easy. I use my fingers or a stippeling brush. Covers redness and undereye darkness. I haven't had any big breakouts (both noncomedogenic and won't clog pores). The most amazing part is that it is soooo longwearing and for the first hours woun't rub off on anything!. No problems at the gym. And most times I can use a paper napkin and blot my face with that.
What I don't like about it is that it covers too much for me, hard to get it a sheer coverage, goes most part on light to medium. The color selection is strange. I'm fair-medium (at winter more fair) and 2.0 was the color for me. When I tried it was ok, but it goes on a bit darker (?!). Also it contains small Mica (not as bad as some mineral makeup), but you can see it on darker areas if you look really close.
Overall I do recommend it, but try the shade in daylight and for an hour to see if it perfect.
Titanium Dioxide 5% Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tetramethyl Hexyphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Well, the packaging is definetly better than the packaging from the original formula. It gives pretty good coverage and will cover redness and small spots. Compared to the original one, the coverage is less good, but still better than most foundations I've tried. I have the lightest shade which is good for me. Again a bit dissapointed that they don't have many shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation. It was a perfect match for my face, had the nice and sheer coverage I was looking for. But every time I used it, I got red patches all over my face. I don't know if there isn't something in it allergic my face.

I have used Doubwear for 10 years. I have tried other things, but nothing lasts all day the way this does. When I found out they made a "light" version I was ecstatic. This is the best of both worlds. A more natural looking formula with the staying power of the original! It may be the perfect foundation. When I read the reviews saying it caused people to break out, it occured to me that they might not be getting it completely off with normal cleansing. I cleanse, then soak a cotton pad with alcohol and rub my face down thoroughly, then follow with a toner. You would be amazed how much comes off with the alcohol, even if I've washed my face 3 times. Its a testiment to the foundation's staying power, but if you aren't getting it all off before bed, like all makeup, it will cause you to break out. Hope this is helpful to someone.