August 20, 2014 | 1098 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by texas01

I have been using this for a few weeks now and it is starting to grow on me. If you start with a very thin layer and buid you can't see it at all. It has great staying power and the coverage is buildable but I may need a little more coverage. It sets very fast so make sure ou blend very quickly. I will update later.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by julrox1

OK; nothing to write home about. It didn't seem to stay on any longer than other foundations I've used even though it is touted as being terrific even in very hot, humid weather. Not particularly creamy or lovely. OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I purchased #1 in this foundation, which was so popular at my LDS, they had to call me when they got it back in stock. I'm usually disappointed in overly hyped products, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I find the coverage to be medium, and I like the control that using my fingers gives me. I would say use it very sparingly on the sides of your nose or other areas with a tendency toward dryness--it is quite matte and might be a little clingy to the trouble spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

This is my first liquid foundation and I was hoping for better. When I was at the sales counter it looked good but since buying it and using it over the last few weeks it has turned my skin into a zitty mess (the tiny ones that make your skin feel like sandpaper). It also turns cakey on me no matter what I do before hand (exfoliate, moisturise, primer etc), it settled into my pores. It's OK but I'm sure there must be better out there. EDIT: I figured out what the problem was, I was being too heavy handed with this foundation. I have bought it again and will keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I had tried this before but then my skin color was a bit off because I was bronzing.... Because Rev. Colorstay has not been very friendly, espcially in the areas close to my eyes, I had to look for a better quality foundation. This looks very natural. I am NC 30 and Intensity 3 is a great shade that matches my skin perfectly. When I stand in the natural light, my skin looks even but it does not look as if I have any foundation on. I applied this without a primer around 8 in the morning. It was cold and I went to an outing and stayed in the wind and cold weather for hours. Then I slept wearing this (I know, stupid of me). At any given time, it did not look any different than the time that I had just applied it. Great foundation and great for oily skin people-

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

This is perfect if you want a matte med to full coverage. I have found lately if you are light handed you can get a sheer coverage that lasts all day also. It is not drying, it is not oily, no sparkle....just a plain matte. It is great. Creates a very flawless looking canvas. The only thing I was able to notice (which I think all makeup does is) it does not have the look of flat no flaw finish, which you could find light reflectors in other brands. Guess it all depends on how picky you want to be. Update**Took off one lippie, can't wear this due to its neutral undertone. Turns me orange

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lilchibi

i love this foundation, i had been wearing lancome foundation which had oil and it made me break out really bad, i told the lady at the EL counter and she gave me this foundation, my skin hasn't broke out not even once and it gives really good coverage, i finish with a lil bit of the EL double matte oil free powder and my face looks flawless all day it really lasts through anything, i love it, you need to use a good moisturizer under it though or it will dry out your skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by TinasDreamworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One year ago I tried the normal Double wear foundation, not the light one. On my left cheek it left me with a skin that looks as if acidity burned my face. The SA from ESL took one look at my cheek and gave me quickly a refund. He tried to stop me from talking so that no other customer could see my face or hear me. It took me six months to repair the damage that foundation had left on my face. I am wearing foundation for more than 20 years and never had such a problem.

Unfortunately I was so stupid to let a SA talk me into buying the Double Wear Light foundation. I told her what had happened to my face using the heavier Double Wear foundation. I told her that I am concerned that the same chemicals might be in the light version, just maybe less. She obviously only wanted to sell, sell, sell. I can't believe I did let her talk me into buying it.

I am again sitting here with a left cheek which looks like burned from acidity again. The right cheek is also in a bad condition.
But on top of that, this foundation made me break out, even though I did clean it with oil based cleanser and twice.
It does not stay on as well as Revlon Colourstay. After 4 hours my nose started to shine.
It looks unnatural and it makes my skin look older or as old as it is. It settles into my pores and my husband, who doesn't know anything about foundation, does not like the look of it.
I guess the foundation is very, very drying or something aggressive is in it to make the foundation stay.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

So i tried this foundation after being a long time Clinique fan, hoping this might bring something new to the table. Well. It did and it didnt. Im fairly light skin and only the shade 01 looked right on me. The 02 i could wear if i wanted to look like a bad spray on tan. The finish was incredible. Almost too flawless. Which im not sure if this is a good thing. Almost made me look too made up. The BAD thing is that it made me break out :( Big painful zits, which i hadnt had in awhile until i used this foundation. Oh well, back to clinique. If you dont break out, this foundation might be great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up a sample of the #2 intensity which is a nice shade for my light (NC 20) skin. I would describe the color as neutral...not too yellow and not pink.

I love the coverage, it covers all the redness in my skin along with old acne marks that most foundations don't come close to covering. I like the light formula as you don't feel like you're wearing heavy foundation. This stayed put on my oily skin in humid summer heat!

I only wish the SPF was higher, but I found this looks best with a moisturizer underneath it (I use one with SPF 30), this helps especially if you're prone to flaky skin from acne products!

This is much better than the original DoubleWear which I wore in college and have since decided is way too heavy for me now.

Macy's is having a gift with purchase right now, so I plan to purchase this and save my sample for my travel bag.