Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 11/4/2008 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Intensity 3. It lasts all day and provides great coverage. The only problem is that it tends to dry very fast on my skin so I'll mix it with tinted moisturizer and it smooths out easier. I like the finish better this way also.

on 11/3/2008 10:04:00 PM

My mother and I both swear by Double Wear. She prefers a heavier foundation, where as I lately have been looking for a lighter alternative. I was delighted when I found this last month! It is a lighter formula than the original, yet it doesn't compromise on coverage!

Here's a trick: Use half of the foundation you are used to using! My mom and I both use a foundation brush for application. We use only a pearl size amount, as less is more with this product. Your skin will look better, you must try it, especially if you are concerned about your lines and wrinkles!

on 11/1/2008 4:14:00 AM

such a lovely product, it just gives me great natural looking skin, it does stays over 15hrs on my oily skin, would love to buy it again

on 10/31/2008 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been hunting for a HG foundation ever since my beloved Lancome Adaptive was d/c. I thought this might be it. I am using 2.0 (MAC NC20 for ref). The shade suits me well but there is significant fading by early afternoon. Also, the first few months it applied so beautifully, the finish was awesome, coverage w/o pastiness and a very subtle glow. It seems as I am down to the last half of the bottle, there is definitely a drier application. I have not changed moisturizer, primer, etc. to account for this. At this point, I am totally disenchanted even though a month ago I loved it even though it faded in early afternoon; I just did a quick touchup then. I always put the lid back on as soon as I am done with it; not sure why it seems to have dried out. Dull flat finish. The hunt is back on .... *sigh* EDIT 7/3/2010: Over a thin application of Almay Smart Shade concealer and stippled on w/SK highlighting brush, this fdtn is restored to HG status. On my third tube.

on 10/29/2008 11:08:00 AM

i love this foundation!!!!! i wear it everyday i get compliments on how beautiful my skin looks from complete strangers(and thats a great thing since i do struggle a bit with acne) the coverage is beautiful and the finish is semi luminious and the staying power unbeatable! best foundation i have ever used im definitly going to buy this foundation again!

on 10/19/2008 5:16:00 PM

This is a pretty good product, it stays on fairly well, has good coverage, and works alright with my acne-prone skin. It lasts a long time, and although I have never been an Estee Lauder customer I thought I'd give it a try after reading about it. It's fairly pricey here in Canada--if I remember correctly I think it was about 47, which I am not sure is justified. It's a good quality product, but defiantly isn't the holy grail of foundations. I still have yet to try out Marcelle's tinted moisturiser and La Roche Prosay's toleraine which have recieved good reviews and are more in my price range. I'll update once I do so.
After trying Vichy's Dermablend, I think this produce doesn't desserve four out of five. So I am taking a point off because when I orginally went up to the Estee Lauder counter the saleswoman tried to convience me to buy the regular double wear (but it didn't match my skin) the only thing that matched it best was the lighter formulation. I just find that my Vichy foundation is more natural, although it may not be as matte.

on 10/4/2008 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

DWL is great. I wear color #2 at NC30 with bronzer over and it is now my go-to foundation. Sheer-moderate coverage with a matte finish, does a good job of covering redness with light acne scars on my cheeks. I am oily and need to blot possibly once during the day with this, but it does stay on my skin all day.
It does clog up your foundation brush a bit (possibly due to the longer wear-power?) but it's not a problem I would stop using the foundation over.

on 10/4/2008 1:23:00 AM

I had already tried a sample of the normal DW and found the colour match and coverage great but the texture a bit thick and creamy. It also didn't protect me from midday shine breakthrough.

So I tried the DW Light to see if it was any better.

The colour range is much less than the normal DW. I ended up with the lightest colour which is fine for me as I have a bit of a tan this summer, but normally I would find it way too dark.

The tone is neutral, not overly yellow or pink. Once on, it was fine, but I think most people will find it difficult to find their perfect match.

Coverage is as good as the DW in my opinion. Staying power seems better for my oily T-zone.

As for the DW it still leaves me with a slightly tacky feel to my skin, even after powder but the finish is matte.

Will finish the sample and probably buy the full size.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FANTASTIC! Not quite as heavy as my HG (normal dw) but way better coverage then a tinted moisturizer...easy to apply (like lotion, really) lasts all day and has my sun protection too! A++++++++

on 9/18/2008 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this for a couple months in Intensity 1.0 after I ran out of my discontinued HG foundation, Almay Amazing Lasting (in Buff). Initially it seemed pretty great compared to other foundations I had experimented with. However, when I started having really bad breakouts, the DWL just didn't step up when I needed it to (I don't blame the makeup for my breakouts though).

I get cystic acne on my jaw and neck that results in very dark spots. The DWL was too sheer to cover those spots at all. Worse, it doesn't build for beans. I initially used a foundation brush then tried my fingers as recommended by the SA but it didn't help. Attempts at layering just wiped the first layer off and the makeup started to settle in my pores and look spotty. Additionally, although 1.0 is the lightest shade, it went really orange on my neck. I'm fair-skinned but not super pale.

DWL will work nicely for someone who can get away with sheer coverage. The coverage I managed to get did last a long time. The tube packaging was nice for sanitary reasons but at $32.50 too much of the product was inaccessible when it started to run out.

I ended up giving Revlon Colorstay another try and so far I am thrilled. Please see my review.