Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7.3%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua Eau (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 7/11/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pro: The coverage is good without looking heavy. Just a little goes a long way. It makes my face look flawless and stays on all day long.

Con: The design of the bottle is not good. I don't want to risk spilling a lot of foundation when pouring it out. So I just dip a cotton swab in the bottle to get the foundation and that's about the amount I need each time. As a drugstore foundation, the price is a bit high. Besides, the colors are all too pinkish. It's hard to find one that's suitable for light to medium yellowish Asian skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am so in love with this foundation!!!!!...I really like to thank Revlon cosmetics because they come up with this super duper very good product!.....usually it get so hot here in hawaii, so i have to look for a make-up that last long and won't break me out, so i began my research and decided to try this.....OHH GOOD GRACIUOS!...GOOD THING I DID!!!...it is really long-lasting when set with a good loose powder like my favorite NYC loose translucent powder.....ahhh....this is my very first liquid foundation that i tried and i must say im not gonna use anything else!....im hooked!!!!

on 7/8/2010 6:16:00 AM

Firstly, this product should have a pump! But the actual foundation is amazing!
I have combination skin so i get an oily t zone and then random dry patches and my previous foundation (l'oreal one) ALWAYS faded off in the oily places and clung to the dry places! defo not a good look especially as it happened like an hour after applying. This one stays put for the WHOLE day and as long as you put the right amount on stops your face looking shiny. I say that because occasionally i pour a little too much out and then my face gets a bit shiny before it dries. But thats a flaw with the packaging not the product. At the end of the day i remove it with a makeup wipe and then have to wash my face as it stays on so well that i can see when i wash it has not all come off. no breakouts although i am not prone to them. feel like i can go out without bringing the bottle with me cos its not gonna budge! also spf is a bonus imo. i use a mac 130 to kind of stipple it in. love it :) however i have decided i wont be taking it with me on holiday when i go as it is medium/heavy coverage and so i think im gonna try find a good tinted moisturiser. x x

on 7/6/2010 3:15:00 AM

Love love love love. Now my HG.
Great foundation. I love the colour selection - I'm asian, MAC NC15/20 and I got this in Buff and Sand Beige, both in Combination/Oily, and it's perfect.

Amazing variable coverage. It's actually not that heavy if you apply it lightly with a normal foundation brush, while stippling with a brush like MAC 187 gives you a full coverage while still not being cakey.
I actually don't mind the glass bottle. I just press the opening against the back of my hand and flip it upside for a second, and flip back and I have the perfect amount of foundation in a little circle on the back of my hand. I don't mind the smell either.

With all of my previous foundations (Clinique Clarifying Makeup and Clarins Truly Matte), I seemed to get shiny within 2 hours of applying foundation and powder in the morning, and I needed to powder every 2 hours throughout the day. However, with Revlon Colourstay, I can powder way less - once every 5 hours or so. It controls oil really well - I still do get oily, but instead off looking shiny and greasy, my skin looks natural and glowy. The foundation absorbs and disperses oil very well. It stays on for a really long time. At the end of a long day, my skin still looks beautiful.

It hasn't broken me out at all, which is great.

One downside is that it does look white-ish in flash photos, but in person or in non-flash photography, it looks flawless.

on 7/5/2010 6:01:00 PM

Really does what it says and stays put on my skin. The packaging isn't great as there is no pump, and the smell isn't too bad, just smells like peroxide, or something clean. Color matching was a little tough, but overall realllly like it.

Please please please don't use this product. When I started using it, I had moderate acne, nothing cystic but just tiny nude bumps on my forehead and whiteheads on my cheeks and the ocassional underground pimple. I started using this product thinking it would be amazing, considering all of the
reviews I read on MUA. Oh no. I used it for four mounths, and I honestly must have been blind, because I had been getting cysts all over my cheeks and forehead and just looked like a hot mess. I continued using the product, thinking that my skin was just naturally crappy and being resentful. I wasted way too many tears in the period when I used this product. Plus, this stuff is crazy heavy. Let your skin breathe! I am now using Clinique makeup, going back and forth between the acne solutions and superfit foundations. Its been a week and a half, and my forehead acne has been reduced to two of the smallest pimples you'll ever see, and as for my cheeks, well, I have one relatively small painful pimple. One. Of course I still have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks from the cysts that this product gave me, but I'd take hyperpigmentation instead of acne ANY day. Please don't get false hope from all the reviews here, let me be the example of the effects of this product. Unless you enjoy cystic acne, in which case, this product is right for you.

I was using Colorstay until I could find something better. I have pretty oily skin, so I was using the combo/oily formulation. This did a really good job at keeping me matte... but too much so? I switched foundations and I realized that I wasn't smiling as much because the Revlon made me feel like my foundation was going to crack... It didn't, but it felt like it was going to, which I didn't like. There also wasn't a color match for me, I had to mix Buff (too dark) and Ivory (too light and pink). There isn't a great shade range if you're really pale, otherwise they have a ton of shades to choose from! I also had to use a TON of product to get the full coverage I need, so a bottle wouldn't last me more than a month, which would be expensive. But, with using so much product, this foundation didn't look cakey. So... If you don't have too much to hide, and are a relatively normal skin-tone unlike me, this is a fantastic drugstore foundation. I have acne-prone skin and it didn't make me break out! I had to resort to department store foundation, and I have found something I like a lot better, and will last a lot longer, as it takes less product to cover. I would repurchase if I couldn't afford the dept. store foundation.

on 7/2/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Thank you MUA for helping me find my HG foundation!
I have very oily skin and even though this doesn't keep shine away it does stick to my skin so it doesn't come off when I blot. It looks great at the end of the day and usually I don't need to touch up to go out at night.
There are two things that are bothersome about this foundation. First, it smells like a marker when you first put it on. Second, it dries very quick so you have to work one section at a time and really make sure you blend quickly.

on 6/30/2010 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for over a month now, and I love it! I have very oily skin, and this definately helps keep it at bay throughout the day. I still have to blot, but not nearly as much as I used to! This also hasn't broken me out which is a huge plus! I can also use this as a concealer on any scars or red marks I have, and it has very buildable coverage which is great! I only wish it had a pump, but i just tip it over onto my sponge and it works just fine. I always like to try new foundations, but I can see myself coming back to this one :)

on 6/29/2010 11:38:00 PM

This is personally the best drugstore foundation that I've found so far. It provides med-max coverage and is very buildable. Not cakey at all! It glides on very smoothly and you don't too much depending on the coverage you need. I believe I paid $9 USD for it which is not bad at all compared to the $40 I usually spend on MUFE- the only problem is that there is no pump but otherwise, I would definitely recommend this to anyone.