November 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Ever84

I love this product so much! I love how it removes my makeup and hydrated my DRY skin at the same time. It's smooth and feels gentle on the skin but it is some what difficult to swipe off once rinsing. I like to use this while in the shower after removing my eye makeup with a cotton ball and mineral oil (takes the mascara/eyeliner right off) and wash my face with Cetaphil..then I apply a light layer of the Pond's cold cream to my face to lock in the moisture. (since being post accutane for 5 years I am very dry..I need as much moisture as I can get!) I love this product..it works well for my skin type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is really hard to convince me to buy a product in a tub, in which I have to dig my fingers in versus a pump, but I did it for the cold cream. Ahh, it's so frustrating, everything I've tried has been mediocre. I'm not crazy about the scent, it sort of smells like baby powder x10 and some flowers. Upon its first usage, I realized how oily the formula is, I thought to myself.."uh oh, it's going to break me out". It's unlike any cleanser I've used, no soapy goodness, no foam, it was true to its name, a cream. I actually would have thought it was a cream if I wasn't able to read the label in French. This product left my face looking and feeling greasy afterward (clogged pores = spots). I must say, it did a superb job in getting out the black heads on my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by isabella0702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this cleanser. i don't have the patience to use it every time i have makeup on but when i feel my makeup is heavy, i'll use this. it just melts off everything! i don't mind the rose smell the only thing i don't like is having to stick my fingers back in the jar with my melted makeup on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bangton

This is THE best cleanser!! For me there is nothing that beats this - Its a cult classic and it truly deserves that status.
I smear this all over my face and use a flannel soaked in warm water to remove - thats it. My skin is literally left clean, fresh and supple and it takes 2 minutes. It removes ALL traces of makeup - even waterproof mascara - I smear it all over my eyes as well and it doesn't irritate at all.
Sometimes cleansers are harsh and can leave my face tight as my skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts. I could definately get away without moisturising after using this. Another thing - I break out less when I use it. I think because I am lazy when it comes to cleansing I break out because I don't cleanse thoroughly enough - thats why this rocks. I don't need to mess about for ages getting all my makeup off, but I know I am doing a good, thorough job.
Furthermore if my skin does happen to feel particularly dry, I slather this on before bed as a moisturiser - yes I look shiny as hell and I certainly wouldnt do this during the day, but it works a treat when I wake up in the morning. Occasionally I also pat it on for a 'dewy' cheeked looked ( I mean pat on - you have to be careful you don't put too much on). If I'm on a night out I also mix it with eyeshadow sometimes to create an eyegloss. It works really well.
Then theres my hands and feet which get slathered in it if they are dry. My cuticles get rubbed in it when they are torn. I pat it on spots (those awful pimples that hurt like mad! It soothes a treat).
Its a multi-tasking, wonder product!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had bought this in the past as a make-up remover, but I never repurchased because I was in love other eye make-up removers, liquid based. This, however, deserves to keep its status as a classic, because it is. It works on all types of foundation, sunscreen, powder, eyeliner, mascara (though waterproof will be tougher, but I never wear it), and even lip liner, lipstick. Just rub on and wipe off, then cleanse the residue. I love this more than any eye make-up removers I've used in the past, because I want an all-over make-up remover, and this is pretty much the best that's out there. On a side not, for those that hate the jar, I think it's the best container for this, because if you need to add more product you just scoop out more, instead of using your greasy hands to squeeze a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jbschott

My grandmother used Ponds Cold Cream & I bought a jar one day to try it. I have moderately oily skin & it hasn't caused me to break out. I use it at night & followed it with an astringent/toner. The combination of those two leave my skin moisturized, but not oily. I love this product & will continue to use it. I even think it has improved the overall appearance of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by skylark

This stuff is great. I use it daily to take off makeup at night. It makes my dry skin very supple for the winter months. I usually follow it up with a scrub to get all the greasy stuff off (the combo makes my face look really refreshed and dewy). this has never broken me out and I will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always have a tub of Ponds Cold Cream on hand. It's a terrific, inexpensive product for easily lifting off makeup, including mascara & other eyemakeup, but ime it will leave a film if you do not thoroughly cleanse your face afterward. It is as good as, if not better than, anything else I've ever tried. I would not use it as a moisturizer, as I think it could be pore clogging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. I don't wear a ton of eye makeup, so I've always just used inexpensive makeup removers or baby oil to take off my makeup. I decided to try this one day and it's all I've been using since.

I have dry moderately sensitive skin and it doesn't do anything to irritate my skin. It says you can put on and tissue off but I wash my face after using this. I only use this on the eye area. I used to use it all over my face but that's not really necessary as I don't wear a ton of face makeup. It does remove stubborn makeup gently and it's nice and moisturizing.

I use Pond's dry skin cream as my night time moisturizer. I love them both!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lilbios

Love, Love, LOVE this product. This is a must for anyone with dry skin. I use it to remove my make up and sometimes actually use it as cream and whip off acess. This stuff is extremly moisturizing and removes makeup in a swipe.

Pros:
-Cheap for the amount given
-Very moisturizing
-Removes makeup

Cons:
-May leave skin "oily"

I'm not sure if i would recommend it to my "oily" friends. However this is one of my favorite beauty products