Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 2/25/2010 7:30:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product. You MUST use another cleanser afterwards because water alone will not remove this stuff. It feels so heavy and oily. It's great at removing makeup because it's so greasy, but does not leave your face feeling clean. Also the packaging is awful. I hate sticking my fingers into the container. Not very sanitary at all. Will never repurchase. I will stick to MAC oil cleanser.

I gave this product a high rating because it works well for certain days. When it's -30 degrees celsius outside, it's windy and your cheeks are raw from the wind I would recommend this product. Also if you wear heavy makeup, bordering on stage makeup, this stuff removes everything really well. It gently cleans the face and you'll need little night cream before going to bed. One tub will last a long time if used only once in a blue moon. Apply on dry skin and remove with a dry or warm wet cloth.

on 2/24/2010 1:52:00 AM

I use this to "take off the day" With a dry cloth...be warned if you try to put this cream on your face and rinse it off with a damp cloth you're going to hate it, but it's really great for removing all traces of makeup.

on 2/22/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

These winter months wreak havoc on my combination skin. I'm oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks (which get red from the dry air ugh) and I noticed the other day that even my nose was flaking from the dry air/heating, even though I obsessively use a humidifier every night!

SO I went out on a limb last week and got this miracle in a jar... I am so happy I did! I already notice improvements in my skin and even my skintone, which seems more even now. I take a dab of this amazing stuff and massage it all over my face, then wait a minute while it sucks all the makeup off my face (it seriously melts EVERYTHING off!). then I take a baby wipe, run it under warm water and wipe it all off. afterwards my skin is baby soft and moisturized! I don't know what I'm going to do with my Olay moisturizer now...I thought I loved that stuff but it looks like cold cream is replacing it!

Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic (it's only been a week or so) but I'll let you know if anything changes. Yay for Pond's Cold Cream!!! Love how old school it is =)

on 2/19/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this to remove my eye makeup (waterproof mascara included) and I think it's a brilliant product. Gets everything off, and because it's SO creamy, it pretty much moisturizes my eye areas too. A large tub lasts for quite a while, and I wear eye makeup everyday.

My only gripe is that it does leave a very greasy feeling, but if you're going to wash your face after removing the makeup anyway, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Oh, and packaging is terrible.

But would definitely re-purchase because it's the only product that removes my eye makeup easily and gently.

on 2/18/2010 5:49:00 AM

Love this product to death!

Okay overly dramatic response. I originally bought this as my DIY hair dye kit advised me to get cold cream, clips, towel etc to be prepared before getting my hair dyed. I did not have the cold cream.

Enter ponds cold cream. This helped prevent the dye from staining the skin around my hair line. Since I don't dye my hair often I wondered what other uses does this Ponds cream have?

Google. Okay apparently its very good make up remover! I tested it out and used cotton wool to remove it and now it is my go to make up remover. It costs around SGD$8.90 and lasts for 3 - 4 months unlike other oil based cleansers that cost more and I go through them within a month or so.

Cost effective, cleanses face effectively (use a mild cleanser after this to remove residue) and removes stubborn waterproof mascara.

on 2/16/2010 11:42:00 AM

This used to be one of the only things that would save my skin during winter when I was younger. I'm kind of hesitant to use it now cause it is really greasy, and lately I've been breaking out if someone looks at my skin the wrong way. But, in my early 20's there was nothing quite so soothing to my dry skin as Pond's cold cream. I'd smear it on & wipe it off with a washcloth. Very simple skincare. This is actually very good for removing makeup, especially waterproof eye makeup, it just melts it right off.

on 2/16/2010 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There's a definite pattern to the reviews of this product. The high ratings talk about using tissue, cotton pads or a cloth to wipe the product from the face, while the low reviews tend to talk about trying to "rinse off" the product.

Personally, I use the "wipe off" method for my oily but under-hydrated skin. I apply a small scoop of the product, massage it all over the face until it changes its texture from a thick cream to a thin, more watery oil. I like to leave it on for a while, then I tissue off or remove with cotton pads. I steam my face with a hot, damp washcloth, and then wipe again with the washcloth. After this I apply an alcohol-free toner all over my face and neck, then a light moisturizer on my drier areas.

The result for me so far (I've been doing this about a month or so) is clearer, softer, glowy skin. I think with proper use, this can work for pretty much any skin type.

EDIT: Siiiiigh. Oh yes, it lead to clogged up pores. Nixing this from my regimen. Bye bye Ponds!

on 2/16/2010 9:49:00 AM

Okay, looking at all of the complaints which have been made about this product, it seems like the most common problem is application. Based on the range of friends and family who love it, I think this product can work for any kind of skin as long as it's used in the right way and you're not allergic to it.

For oily skin, the best think to do is scoop some out with a spoon and massage it into your face with CLEAN, DRY hands. Leave it whilst you brush your teeth, then rub it off in circular motions with a muslin cloth soaked in hot water. I then go over my face with a cotton pad soaked in cold water with 1 drop of tea tree oil, but even a splash of plain cold water will close your pores and remove residue. I used to have skin which was ok but prone to breakouts and lingering red marks, but since using this I've received loads of compliments on how great my complexion is. The muslin cloth takes care of blackheads and the cold cream removes dirt/make-up and moisturises without clogging pores.

For dry/normal skin, use a bit less cream (again, with the clean, dry hands and a minute to work) and then you should be able to wipe it off with warm water and any kind of washcloth, but I'd still recommend a muslin for anything other than really dry skin!

I do agree with everybody else that the packaging is a bit rubbish though, it's not enough to put me off the product but I have to hide my teaspoon in the bathroom cupboard every time I have visitors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sensitive girls, beware. I used this for two days (the only new product in my regimen)...and was rewarded with a cystic break-out, the likes of which I have never experienced. I am on my second week of trying to clear it up. It smells like those cheap 'designer imposter' perfumes, and feels like you're smearing melted butter on your face. Not pleasant. I have since switched to Clinique Take the Day Off Balm (fragrance-free and nowhere near as greasy..worth the $) and am getting my skin sorted out. (My application method was to apply the cold cream in a thin layer on my face, then gently wipe away w/ a damp cloth. Followed up w/ my usual facial cleanser in the shower.) Packaging probably hasn't changed since its release, but the price is reasonable. Glad it works for so many;)