Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 4/10/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used lots of cult cleansers (Eve Lom, Liz Earle etc) and have not been impressed. I decided to try this after reading the reviews on here. I am really impressed. I massage into my skin and then run a flannel under a tepid tap and then wipe off. The roughness of the cloth, especially wiped around the nose, gives a gentle kind of exfoliation at the same time. (Bought cheap white flannels at Wilkinsons for this and they are just the right thickness.) I do not use this every day, just when I want to spend a bit more time on pampering my face. At most I use it twice a week. I cannot imagine just tissueing his off, it is too thick and sticky. Inoffensive smell (roses?). Hate the glass jar. Its deep so gunk up the fingernail time, but you could use a spoon to get it out if you were so inclined. I have sensitive skin and this is fine. Leaves it soft and glowing. I saw in Boots the other day that it is getting a new look. I hope this does not mean a change of formula. This stuff is cheap, it deep cleans without stripping the skin, and leaves you glowing. What I also like is that women have been using this for years. I find that quite endearing. (Flappers in the 20s, women who were waiting for their loved ones to return from WW1 and 2.) I like the continuity. This is one of a number of retro products that I have started to use, or rediscovered. All of them have a reason for their long use - they work without any of the pseudo scientific crap that you get on more modern products.

on 3/25/2010 2:40:00 AM

I use this product only after a night out the only time I would have on heavy makeup. I use it after I use my almay eye remover pad for my eyes and a pre moistened equate wipe all over the face. I don't use any moisturizers afterwards because of the oily feel works as a moisturizer.

The only problem is it's a messy process.

I will continue to buy this product.

on 3/20/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely adore everything about this product. The smell is not to the point of where is becomes obnoxious, but just subtle enough to be soothing blend of an almost cucumber melon type scent, except better.

The formula of it, although I do understand that it is not the same as the original still works. Ponds cuts right through my toughest of makeup, and removes even the professional paints and glues that I often experiment with on my skin. Getting that off is no easy feat, and allows for makeup cleanup to be quick and easy.

For use of this I usually take a bit and slather is onto my face and I wait till I'm in the shower to really rub it in throughout my whole face and let the water rinse off the excess. In return my skin is left extremely soft and hydrated without feeling greasy. I would not suggest using this if you are going to just towel your face off with a piece of toilet paper because that might leave some slick spots on your face. Overall this is an amazing product that does not sting, burn, or tighten up my already dry skin, while still removing the most stubborn of makeup.

on 3/20/2010 10:12:00 PM

This review is about the Mexican version of this product. In general, I like it a lot because it does remove all your make up without leaving skin dry but I have rather sensitive skin and my dermatologist prescribed me a cleanser from La Roche Posay.
Pond's cleansing cold cream even helps me remove my waterproof mascara but I still have to wipe the rest with a special eye make up remover. I'd but it again but I prefer other products. It's very thick so I'd wash my face after using this cream.

on 3/20/2010 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i really like this product, takes off my makeup so fast and i like it better than wipes because they irritate my face and sometimes make my cheeks dry and flaky. i dont need to use much of the cold cream for it to work so the big tub lasts, i dont use this on my eyes, and it does make my face oily but not as oily as my jergens lotion and it washes away when i cleanse. i would repurchase.

on 3/20/2010 7:52:00 PM

I have been using this for a while now and it does the job well. It even removes my waterproof mascara, and usually I would have to use a separate eye-makeup remover for that. Price is good, but packaging not so much. I am sure that the manufacturer is trying to hold onto the failiar packaging that customers recognize, but digging into a jar is not that sanitary. This product could easily be dispensed from a squeeze tube type of container and even possibly via a pump bottle. Good staple simple product that does not irritate my face.

on 3/20/2010 7:41:00 PM

i hate this product. i just keep using it to use up the bottle because ifeel bad if i waste it. this product seriously makes my eyes burn yet it says its a makeup remover? it also does not take all my makeup off i always get out the shower with lots of black stuff under my eyes still.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Boo! Why do companies feel the need to mess with what works??? They've CHANGED the original formula! The original Pond's Cold Cream formula had about 6 ingredients. The ingredient list for the jar is different with much more stuff including some silicones which make me break out. This is worse than New Coke (remember that mess??)!!

The plain CVS brand Cold Cream is the same as the the Pond's original Cold Cream, so I might just exchange it for that, or maybe try Albolene, which is mercifully the same.

on 3/19/2010 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG, HG, HG! Okay, so I was very skeptical about this product for a long time. I kept thinking "how can a cream remove my makeup?" One day while perusing the makeup section at Walmart I decided to pick up a tub of this stuff (and at $3.99, why the heck not?). Took it home and that night used it as the package instructed...was BLOWN away at how the product broke down all the makeup on my face (foundation mainly) and softened the eye makeup.I went in with a cotton swab later to remove all the product and then rinsed with water and used a cleanser from Mary Kay afterwards. I do use an eye makeup remover for stubborn eyeliner and mascara, but I can use less now because Pond's breaks most of it down for me! Leaves the skins silky smooth. Totally love this stuff!!! Haven't been using it long enough to note if it breaks me out or not. Will report back later with that information.

EDIT: I still love this product and it does not break me out. The only downfalls are that it contains mineral oil, the rose scent is nauseating (cheap, synthetic smell) and it comes in a pot. I'd buy again if I had no other option, but I'm looking for someting more natural.

on 3/14/2010 12:41:00 AM

Smells faintly of roses. Perfect for thorough and gentle removal of even the thickest everyday and stage or halloween makeup. No need to tug or rub skin to remove stubborn mascara. Simply apply to skin first-cheeks, forehead and hin everywhere but eyes, then gently massage to breakup the face makeup, once done that start removing eye makeup, massage a teeny teeny tiny little bit to eye lids, lashes and lower lash line, don't get into eyes, keep them closed. Grab a soft tissue and lightly give a couple of swipes acreoss eyes,lashes and lower lash line and voila, stubborn waterproof makeup is totally gone like as if it was never there in the first place. Now grab a clean tissue and softly swipe and remove cold cream and makeup from face. Then while you still have a bit of cold cream film left on skin, lather up with a bar of Dove soap, and water in hands, and gently massage into face, eyes too, but keep closed, I use both Dove original and sensitive bars on my face. After lathering rinse off with luke warm water 15 splashes, then a touch cooler water for another 15 splashes and pat not rub skin with a soft towel. Your skin will be so soft and moist after this cleansing and makeup removal. The Pond's Cold Cream leftover film residue from the makeup removal adds protection from drying out your skin when using the dove soap, and the soap cleanses your skin deep into pores and you want clean skin for that fresh glow perfect skin look. To finish off I apply a layer of Dove Dry Skin Cream. This program is really cheap and simple and it really works for me, you won't believe the compliments I get on how nice my skin looks, or how many times I am asked what is it I use. I trust this regime and these products, my neighbor who I grew up next door to was in her fifties and had been using this regime since her twenties and had gorgeous skin, she is now in her mid 70s, still doing this and NO wrinkles or lines on her face, xcept for a few smile lines around her eyes. No wrinkles, no lines, no pores that are noticible!