Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Boo! Why do companies feel the need to mess with what works??? They've CHANGED the original formula! The original Pond's Cold Cream formula had about 6 ingredients. The ingredient list for the jar is different with much more stuff including some silicones which make me break out. This is worse than New Coke (remember that mess??)!!

The plain CVS brand Cold Cream is the same as the the Pond's original Cold Cream, so I might just exchange it for that, or maybe try Albolene, which is mercifully the same.

on 3/19/2010 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG, HG, HG! Okay, so I was very skeptical about this product for a long time. I kept thinking "how can a cream remove my makeup?" One day while perusing the makeup section at Walmart I decided to pick up a tub of this stuff (and at $3.99, why the heck not?). Took it home and that night used it as the package instructed...was BLOWN away at how the product broke down all the makeup on my face (foundation mainly) and softened the eye makeup.I went in with a cotton swab later to remove all the product and then rinsed with water and used a cleanser from Mary Kay afterwards. I do use an eye makeup remover for stubborn eyeliner and mascara, but I can use less now because Pond's breaks most of it down for me! Leaves the skins silky smooth. Totally love this stuff!!! Haven't been using it long enough to note if it breaks me out or not. Will report back later with that information.

EDIT: I still love this product and it does not break me out. The only downfalls are that it contains mineral oil, the rose scent is nauseating (cheap, synthetic smell) and it comes in a pot. I'd buy again if I had no other option, but I'm looking for someting more natural.

on 3/14/2010 12:41:00 AM

Smells faintly of roses. Perfect for thorough and gentle removal of even the thickest everyday and stage or halloween makeup. No need to tug or rub skin to remove stubborn mascara. Simply apply to skin first-cheeks, forehead and hin everywhere but eyes, then gently massage to breakup the face makeup, once done that start removing eye makeup, massage a teeny teeny tiny little bit to eye lids, lashes and lower lash line, don't get into eyes, keep them closed. Grab a soft tissue and lightly give a couple of swipes acreoss eyes,lashes and lower lash line and voila, stubborn waterproof makeup is totally gone like as if it was never there in the first place. Now grab a clean tissue and softly swipe and remove cold cream and makeup from face. Then while you still have a bit of cold cream film left on skin, lather up with a bar of Dove soap, and water in hands, and gently massage into face, eyes too, but keep closed, I use both Dove original and sensitive bars on my face. After lathering rinse off with luke warm water 15 splashes, then a touch cooler water for another 15 splashes and pat not rub skin with a soft towel. Your skin will be so soft and moist after this cleansing and makeup removal. The Pond's Cold Cream leftover film residue from the makeup removal adds protection from drying out your skin when using the dove soap, and the soap cleanses your skin deep into pores and you want clean skin for that fresh glow perfect skin look. To finish off I apply a layer of Dove Dry Skin Cream. This program is really cheap and simple and it really works for me, you won't believe the compliments I get on how nice my skin looks, or how many times I am asked what is it I use. I trust this regime and these products, my neighbor who I grew up next door to was in her fifties and had been using this regime since her twenties and had gorgeous skin, she is now in her mid 70s, still doing this and NO wrinkles or lines on her face, xcept for a few smile lines around her eyes. No wrinkles, no lines, no pores that are noticible!

on 3/13/2010 4:26:00 PM

This cream has been around for ages! Even my grandma swore by Ponds. I picked up Deep Cleanser Cold Cream for about $2 CDN and for the super affordable price I got nothing to lose. It smells like old ladies with heavy rose perfume, which I'm not a fan of, but I eventually got used to it. The cream was refreshing and I learned that I really had to massage it in and let it sit for at least 1 minute. Then I'd wash it off in the shower with a good facial cleanser (This stuff WILL leave a greasy film on your face if you don't wash it off properly). If I'm unlucky and the product gets in my eyes, it would sting like %$@# and blur my vision. I would say it can remove 90% of my waterproof eyeliner. It is an average makeup remover as it is very time consuming. I prefer something that can get the job done without all the hassle. I wish I could love the cold cream as much as others here but this is a 3/5 for me.

on 3/10/2010 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is great if you know how to use it. It's the only thing that'll remove my waterproof mascara + double wear EL foundation + waterproof eyeliner. i just grab a dollop and work it straight on my face, concentrating on the eyes. You're going to look like a disgusting gray mess but hey, whatever it takes! When I'm confident that all my makeup has dissolved away, I wipe it with a paper towel or if I can't find any, I'm ashamed to admit that I use toilet paper... Just wipe all the gunk away but the key is to wash your face again afterwards with a regular cleanser. I usually wash with Purpose cleanser and my face is squeaky clean. Ponds cold cream also moisturizes and preps my skin for the Purpose cleanser so that my skin doesn't dry out from it. Keep in mind that I have very acne prone skin and I HAVE NOT broken out from this, despite mineral oil being one of the main ingredients. Thank you Ponds, definately HG!!!

on 3/10/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this product to remove all makeup from my face, wipe it off with a dry cloth to get most of the oily film off. For me, not really good for removing eye makeup, my eyes are too sensitive and It really burns my eyes.

on 3/10/2010 9:01:00 PM

I use this for removing my eye make up and nothing else. As far as that goes...this is awesome!!! I wear waterproof mascara and this is the only thing that completely removes the makeup. It also removes gel liners and any other hard to remove eye things. I rub this onto my eyes one at a time and use a dry wash cloth to take it off and it does a wonderful job! I've used many other eye make up removers but this by far is the best and most economical.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used this product, many moons ago, and at that time it was my go to "cleanser" to remove my makeup. It is indeed a great product, but when I adopted a more homeopathic approach to beauty several years ago, I stopped using this product, however, it is highly recommended.

on 3/9/2010 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the only product I like to use when taking off my eye makeup. I use different wet toilets (ponds, equate, anything really) and anything that doesn't seem to come off I will use ponds cream. But I mostly use my ponds cream for my eyes & eyebrows. I use cotton rounds to dip into the cream and then start removing makeup. After years of trying different eye makeup removers, I always go back to ponds because for me, it works the best. And I love that because it is a cream, it leaves the eye area soft. Now, I never have a problem with it leaving my skin oily because as I said, I really don't use it for my face. I use this mainly as eye makeup remover. And I have very oily skin but this does not leave me oily afterwards.

on 3/9/2010 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There isn't anything about this wonderful cleanser that hasn't been said already. It removes makeup gently and completely. It cleans out pores better than anything I've used so far. Within 3 weeks of use, every blackhead in my nose was gone. My only complaint is that I didn't find this sooner. There is no doubt that I'll be using this for a very long time.

I apply it liberally, rub it around to loosen makeup and grime, and then rinse it off with a warm, wet washcloth.