August 30, 2014 | 1750 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is nice, but not completely awesome. It gets off ALL makeup, and does NOT break me out despite being very oily and greasy going on. I was using this as a cleanser and moisturizer this past week because I got fed up with all my other skin care products. I rubbed a bunch on dry skin, massaged for a minute or two, tissued off. Then wipe off again with a warm washcloth. My skin would be so smooth and soft. Then I'd pat on a small amount afterwards as a moisturizer. This was great for a few days. My skin cleared up - little pimples I had dried up and flaked off. But then around day 5, my skin looks really dull, and a little bumpy. not pimples, but maybe a couple clogged pores? Nothing bad. but I dont want to continue just using this. I thought it would be cool to just use one skin product, but I guess I need more. I love the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i would recommond this product to dry skin or normal skin. since i am combnation skin this product breaks me out. also, i found that this remover is very irritated. actually i already avoid my eye areas when i apply this remover on my face, but still my eyes get irritated and turn red. but the removing power is really great. i put very smudgeproof and waterproof eyeliner on back of my hands and use this cream to wipe them. they are so easy to be removed! very effective. also, any long-lasting or stubborn foundations can be removed easily. overall, if you have dry or normal skin also your skin is not that sensative, this makeup remover will be a great product to you. otherwise, like me, wont use it anymore.
EDIT: i found out that the reason why it irritated me was because i overused it. If i use appropriate amount of this cream it wont irritate me or break me out. also, its still a very strong and effective makeup remover, almost can remove any makeup and makeup residue. i added one more lipppie to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

I have been using this product as eye makeup remover since the mid-1970s. I tried the highly touted Lancome product, which I was given as a sample, and just didn't get it at all. I have really minimal wrinking around my eyes. I am sure that part of this is genetics, and I also use really good eye creams (Kinerase and Skin Medica). I am absolutely convinced that all of those years of using Ponds each evening after work made a huge difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dpav

This is my favorite to remove make up.

Pros:

* Very cheap given the fact that one jar last you a year. I have a small jar (6.1 oz) and it has last me a year). Plus, I really can't see the point to pay too much for a cleanser because it doesn't stay on your skin anyway

* Effective in removing makeup, including eye liners, plus the stubborn very waterproof sunscreen.

* Proven record as it has existed for so many years

* Non-drying. Some makeup remover not only remove your makeup, but also the moisture and oil from your skin. This one doesn't make me feel very deprived of moisture after use.

Cons:

* Jar package is definitely not good. Even in my small jar, I have a hard time to get the product out when the cream is at the bottom. Plus, it's not hygiene

* I have to use another cleanser (Cetaphil) to remove this cream from my face. Well, I guess I am just more cautious in this matter. Maybe even if I do not use another cleanser after the cream, it's still perfectly fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin and bought this, trying to stay away from high lather products that made my dryness worse. What a waste. First of all, I despise the smell of roses. I never would have thought to smell my facial cleanser but I wish I had. Nothing screams 'this product has been around for decades' like beauty products with heavy perfumes. Secondly, I dislike the container. I find tubs difficult to use while Im in the shower, and unsanitary also.
If this product transformed my skin I could be convinced to see past these things. However, after only a few uses I got cystic pimples on my cheeks - an area where I rarely ever get breakouts. I am envious of people who can use this for their dry skin, but Ive found better results from a little olive oil and exfoliating gloves.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I use Pond's Cold Cream strictly as an eye makeup remover. I dab a glob onto my eyelashes and massage it in, making sure the lashes are generously coated. I wipe my hands, brush my teeth, and then use some cotton pads to wipe off the cold cream. I then cleanse my entire face really well with Clinique Foaming Cleanser (which is really good at getting most of the cold cream residue off), and then cleanse again with Cetaphil. I probably didn't get breakouts like other reviewers, because of the two cleansers I used afterwards.

PROS: Cheap. Smells nice. When using the method above, did a good job of removing eye makeup. Didn't burn my eyes (because of Accutane, my eyes were really really sensitive for awhile, and stung after using makeup removers).
CONS: The little jar is difficult to get into. I have to be really careful to remove it with my other cleansers afterwards (although I always use two cleansers, to make sure I get off all of my foundation and primer!)

I think I'm going to try to find a better eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by littleyvette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried various makeup removers and I always go back to my cold cream. It's the best and most importantly it's cost efficient :).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by staci01

I just bought another tub of this last week after swearing it off for a more natural vein of using jojoba and coconut oil to remove makeup. The thing is that natural m/u removers , as much as I'd like, don't remove all makeup very well especially some mineral m/u and waterproof mascara and lipstick. As much as I don't want to use unnatural products my oily skin requires it and so I need to use regular makeup removers like Ponds or Lancome's Bi-Facil. The reason I went back to Ponds is due to price. As much as I love Bi-Facil it's more than a bit pricey and I can get my makeup off just as well with Ponds at half the price. Only complaint is the unsanitary tub and the fragrance and the ingredient DMDM Hydantion as mentioned by another poster below. Other than those things mentioned this is a great staple and no need to buy the pricey stuff at the department stores.EDIT 4/4/11 Giving this now a 2. Works great but I've never liked all the chemicals in it when baby oil does the same thing and both have mineral oil in them and it's mineral oil that does the majority of the makeup removal. Thankfully I recently found that raw unrefined coconut oil takes waterproof makeup off completely! I tried this out after using L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara since Voluminous waterproof is totally budge proof. The coconut oil took all the mascara off and kept my eye area nice and moisturized even after washing all the coconut oil off. It also did not break my skin out! So no more Pond's or baby oil for me! EDIT 6/8/13 Lowering this to a 1 lippy. Figured out this stuff breaks my skin out. Some investigation I also learned that Pond's Cold Cream is NO LONGER "the cool classic" that it still calls itself. Pond's changed the recipe three or so years ago. More and longer named ingredients in the list and some of the original ingredients have been dropped. If you want the plain original recipe with the beeswax and borax, and the fewer ingredients, then get Walgreen's store version of cold cream. I've not tried that one yet but it's on my list for future purchase. Will not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i take a stage makeup class so we use some heavy duty stuff like ben nye foundations, cream shadows, highlights, and also wax (like for our eyebrows). well, after 50 minutes of having that junk on my face, cold cream is what makes me feel amazing again. I just lather it on my face, take a paper towel and wipe it off, then wash my face with a normal face cleanser, and i honestly dont even feel the need to moisturize after because it's as if ponds penetrated once, and will remain even after washing/sweating/whatever.
it's also great for an eye cream at night or just an overall night cream (for some hardcore moisture).

the reason why i give it 4 stars isbecause it takes a lot of whiping to get it off! it's kinda slippery and greasy so you have to get to every spot with the paper towel. and it might make you feel a bit too moisturized, in the way that makes you feel like you're wearing too much on your face.

Just try it, it's cheap, see how you like it... but for sure,if you're using A LOT of makeup and dont want to damage your skin, ponds cold cream is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great make up remover and sssssooooooo cheap. I love when a product works and I don't have to spend a ton on it. (I don't understand women who seem to think h/e and spending a lot of $$$ has something to do with a product being good. I think SUCKER)

It does smell a little granny but I kindof like the rose smell. As another review said it 'melt' aways your makeup. My face is totally clean. I follow up with a gentle cleanser since I can feel a kindof greasy film.

No breakouts and does not add oil to my already oily skin. Just a great product that I was reluctant to try b/c I thought it would add to my oilness.