Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 2/16/2010 9:49:00 AM

Okay, looking at all of the complaints which have been made about this product, it seems like the most common problem is application. Based on the range of friends and family who love it, I think this product can work for any kind of skin as long as it's used in the right way and you're not allergic to it.

For oily skin, the best think to do is scoop some out with a spoon and massage it into your face with CLEAN, DRY hands. Leave it whilst you brush your teeth, then rub it off in circular motions with a muslin cloth soaked in hot water. I then go over my face with a cotton pad soaked in cold water with 1 drop of tea tree oil, but even a splash of plain cold water will close your pores and remove residue. I used to have skin which was ok but prone to breakouts and lingering red marks, but since using this I've received loads of compliments on how great my complexion is. The muslin cloth takes care of blackheads and the cold cream removes dirt/make-up and moisturises without clogging pores.

For dry/normal skin, use a bit less cream (again, with the clean, dry hands and a minute to work) and then you should be able to wipe it off with warm water and any kind of washcloth, but I'd still recommend a muslin for anything other than really dry skin!

I do agree with everybody else that the packaging is a bit rubbish though, it's not enough to put me off the product but I have to hide my teaspoon in the bathroom cupboard every time I have visitors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sensitive girls, beware. I used this for two days (the only new product in my regimen)...and was rewarded with a cystic break-out, the likes of which I have never experienced. I am on my second week of trying to clear it up. It smells like those cheap 'designer imposter' perfumes, and feels like you're smearing melted butter on your face. Not pleasant. I have since switched to Clinique Take the Day Off Balm (fragrance-free and nowhere near as greasy..worth the $) and am getting my skin sorted out. (My application method was to apply the cold cream in a thin layer on my face, then gently wipe away w/ a damp cloth. Followed up w/ my usual facial cleanser in the shower.) Packaging probably hasn't changed since its release, but the price is reasonable. Glad it works for so many;)

on 2/10/2010 5:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Yeah! Boots had run out of my Simple EMUR.
I don't know why I picked up the Ponds, I must've read something about it - with the recent "Recession-busting value products that your gran used to use" articles in the papers.
So pretty much every type of EMUR I've tried stings like buggery, not helped by the fact that I wear quite a lot of mascara! I've tried things like Lush UltraBland before, and it got so messy, I looked horrendous, with all this black smeared around my face!

So I tried the cold cream last night after coming in from the pub, fully expecting to rub this in and run yelping from my room to the bathroom to wash my eye out. But I rubbed a very small amount over my eyelids with my finger (not too messy) then used a bit more on a cotton wool pad to rub off the mascara, and could even rub the pad in the roots of my lashes on the underside, without it stinging; and it was pretty quick at getting it all off, too.
I then whacked a load over the rest of my face, rubbed it in, then used a hot flannel to remove. Wheeeeeee! Fantastic!
I guess it's similar to Eve Lom & muslin, but only 4 a pot.
I may just have found my ideal cleanser!
The only thing that grates is the smell of rose; it's a bit "old lady" for my liking, but I can live with it.

on 2/7/2010 6:56:00 PM

terrible product
after reading many reviews here, i thought i'd give it a try cuz my other cleanser kept breaking me out
so after i bought it and tried it out, i felt bad for wasting my money on this.
first of all, i hated the smell! it smelled like something my grandma would use. nd 2nd of all, after i clean the cream off my face, it left an oily residue on my skin, making it feel unclean!
i hate this product
oh nd da packaging is really bad. they have it in a tub so its very unsanitized :[

on 2/7/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would buy this product again but only as an eye makeup remover. This clogged pores on my face b/c of HORRIBLE oily film it leaves behind.

on 2/5/2010 3:20:00 PM

I like the way this cleanser smells and it seems to do a decent job at removing makeup..but I feel like that's really all it's good at. Like many reviewers, I don't like the slick, greasy-feeling residue that is left on the skin afterward..and I just don't feel like this is really cleaning my skin. Prior to this I was using Cetaphil, and to be honest I like Cetaphil much more.

on 2/2/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

A big YES!

EASY & EFFICIENT:
All you need is a little dip, then you will have "an excuse" to massage your face. (Face massage is a beauty secret in many country encouraging blood flows!) A good massage will help coldcream particles "bonding" & "pulling out" the MU particles. Next step: Tissue them off with folded toilet paper! Toilet paper with a little bit texture works best with PCC. I try to wipe with a clean side (by folding the toilet paper), so I can see what's coming off! I would follow by j&j head to toe baby wash (which is great for removing eye MU) and the apple cider vinegar toner when I am less lazy. No film left behind! If you don't feel clean enough, did another round, and check out what's left on the table!
CHEAP & LESS ABRASIVE:
I have tried Shu Uemura, Fancl cleansing oil, then some other OCMs (EVOO, jojoba, sweet almond oil.) They are time-consuming, and the commercial oil are about $30 USD per bottle! I bought this 9.5oz PCC 8 years ago. I used to spend like a snob in department stores, so I set this aside. But recently I am learning how to save, so I revisit this product. Surprisingly, it hydrates my skin and gives me no break-out. Finally, I look like a natural beauty!
Now I just cross my finger hoping they won't change the classic formula! Also, I think it should be in a tube instead of a jar. continued >>

on 1/29/2010 4:58:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. I'll start out with the positives: It is affordable, smells great and feels nice when you initially put it on your skin.
That said, it doesn't do anything for my skin. It's terrible at removing my makeup, and when I rinse it off it leaves a disgusting oily film on my face. I have to use my regular Olay cleanser after I use this stuff, not only to remove my makeup but to get off that icky oil slick.
Also, I started breaking out.
I am glad some people think it is really great. It didn't do anything for me.
I'll probably give it to an aunt or cousin to try. Maybe they'll have better luck.

on 1/29/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I have very sensitive skin and can not use many products on my face but this doesn't irritate it. I rinse my face with water, apply cold cream, wipe it off with a towel and put on moisturizer and I'm good to go. This does a great job at removing revlon colorstay. My only problem is with the packaging. I wish it came in a tub.

on 1/28/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this cleanser!!!
First of all, it remove makeup and deep clean your pores. I mean it takes waterproof mascaras off!!
And after that it leaves your skin very moisturizing and not dry. I am loving this, one big jar last me for about 6 months now and it's only half way down the jars. Basically, i just need two jars and it will last me for a year!!
I just wish the packaging was a pump because it's not very sanitizing to keep dipping in and out. I use a cotton swap or wooden stick to do it. I must re-purchases this again of course, money saving and great quality!! It's a must have, girls!!