September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always have a tub of Ponds Cold Cream on hand. It's a terrific, inexpensive product for easily lifting off makeup, including mascara & other eyemakeup, but ime it will leave a film if you do not thoroughly cleanse your face afterward. It is as good as, if not better than, anything else I've ever tried. I would not use it as a moisturizer, as I think it could be pore clogging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. I don't wear a ton of eye makeup, so I've always just used inexpensive makeup removers or baby oil to take off my makeup. I decided to try this one day and it's all I've been using since.

I have dry moderately sensitive skin and it doesn't do anything to irritate my skin. It says you can put on and tissue off but I wash my face after using this. I only use this on the eye area. I used to use it all over my face but that's not really necessary as I don't wear a ton of face makeup. It does remove stubborn makeup gently and it's nice and moisturizing.

I use Pond's dry skin cream as my night time moisturizer. I love them both!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lilbios

Love, Love, LOVE this product. This is a must for anyone with dry skin. I use it to remove my make up and sometimes actually use it as cream and whip off acess. This stuff is extremly moisturizing and removes makeup in a swipe.

Pros:
-Cheap for the amount given
-Very moisturizing
-Removes makeup

Cons:
-May leave skin "oily"

I'm not sure if i would recommend it to my "oily" friends. However this is one of my favorite beauty products

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on the good reviews here. It's pretty inexpensive and is really good at taking off eye makeup and all other makeup. Very moisturizing. Use this on my dry face, then rinse off with warm water, and follow with my regular cleanser. Works great and doesn't brake me out. My skin is super sensitive and I was a bit worried about trying this out. However, I'm very glad I did! The only thing I wish could be different is the scent. It's not a bad scent, I just find it a little strong for my liking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is nice, but not completely awesome. It gets off ALL makeup, and does NOT break me out despite being very oily and greasy going on. I was using this as a cleanser and moisturizer this past week because I got fed up with all my other skin care products. I rubbed a bunch on dry skin, massaged for a minute or two, tissued off. Then wipe off again with a warm washcloth. My skin would be so smooth and soft. Then I'd pat on a small amount afterwards as a moisturizer. This was great for a few days. My skin cleared up - little pimples I had dried up and flaked off. But then around day 5, my skin looks really dull, and a little bumpy. not pimples, but maybe a couple clogged pores? Nothing bad. but I dont want to continue just using this. I thought it would be cool to just use one skin product, but I guess I need more. I love the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i would recommond this product to dry skin or normal skin. since i am combnation skin this product breaks me out. also, i found that this remover is very irritated. actually i already avoid my eye areas when i apply this remover on my face, but still my eyes get irritated and turn red. but the removing power is really great. i put very smudgeproof and waterproof eyeliner on back of my hands and use this cream to wipe them. they are so easy to be removed! very effective. also, any long-lasting or stubborn foundations can be removed easily. overall, if you have dry or normal skin also your skin is not that sensative, this makeup remover will be a great product to you. otherwise, like me, wont use it anymore.
EDIT: i found out that the reason why it irritated me was because i overused it. If i use appropriate amount of this cream it wont irritate me or break me out. also, its still a very strong and effective makeup remover, almost can remove any makeup and makeup residue. i added one more lipppie to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

I have been using this product as eye makeup remover since the mid-1970s. I tried the highly touted Lancome product, which I was given as a sample, and just didn't get it at all. I have really minimal wrinking around my eyes. I am sure that part of this is genetics, and I also use really good eye creams (Kinerase and Skin Medica). I am absolutely convinced that all of those years of using Ponds each evening after work made a huge difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dpav

This is my favorite to remove make up.

Pros:

* Very cheap given the fact that one jar last you a year. I have a small jar (6.1 oz) and it has last me a year). Plus, I really can't see the point to pay too much for a cleanser because it doesn't stay on your skin anyway

* Effective in removing makeup, including eye liners, plus the stubborn very waterproof sunscreen.

* Proven record as it has existed for so many years

* Non-drying. Some makeup remover not only remove your makeup, but also the moisture and oil from your skin. This one doesn't make me feel very deprived of moisture after use.

Cons:

* Jar package is definitely not good. Even in my small jar, I have a hard time to get the product out when the cream is at the bottom. Plus, it's not hygiene

* I have to use another cleanser (Cetaphil) to remove this cream from my face. Well, I guess I am just more cautious in this matter. Maybe even if I do not use another cleanser after the cream, it's still perfectly fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin and bought this, trying to stay away from high lather products that made my dryness worse. What a waste. First of all, I despise the smell of roses. I never would have thought to smell my facial cleanser but I wish I had. Nothing screams 'this product has been around for decades' like beauty products with heavy perfumes. Secondly, I dislike the container. I find tubs difficult to use while Im in the shower, and unsanitary also.
If this product transformed my skin I could be convinced to see past these things. However, after only a few uses I got cystic pimples on my cheeks - an area where I rarely ever get breakouts. I am envious of people who can use this for their dry skin, but Ive found better results from a little olive oil and exfoliating gloves.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I use Pond's Cold Cream strictly as an eye makeup remover. I dab a glob onto my eyelashes and massage it in, making sure the lashes are generously coated. I wipe my hands, brush my teeth, and then use some cotton pads to wipe off the cold cream. I then cleanse my entire face really well with Clinique Foaming Cleanser (which is really good at getting most of the cold cream residue off), and then cleanse again with Cetaphil. I probably didn't get breakouts like other reviewers, because of the two cleansers I used afterwards.

PROS: Cheap. Smells nice. When using the method above, did a good job of removing eye makeup. Didn't burn my eyes (because of Accutane, my eyes were really really sensitive for awhile, and stung after using makeup removers).
CONS: The little jar is difficult to get into. I have to be really careful to remove it with my other cleansers afterwards (although I always use two cleansers, to make sure I get off all of my foundation and primer!)

I think I'm going to try to find a better eye makeup remover.