April 17, 2014 | 1419 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lanitokki

I have been using this cleanser for a couple of weeks now and it's just ok for me. It says it removes makeup on the package but it doesn't do a good job on removing mascara and lip gloss, oh and it's not a foam cleanser (clear and waterly consistency). I use MAC cleansing oil first to remove makeup and then use this cleanser. It feels very comfortable on my skin and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean but i can't stand the weird smell. I paid about $9 at CVS and probably won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does not dry out my combination skin nor does it leave a residue. I mostly use this as my morning cleanser. Has a fresh, clean scent. Gently removes makeup though I have had better cleansers than this to remove makeup (Avon true-porefection, Neutrogena Fresh Face Foaming). Contains parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

first off its a HUGE bottle and i got it for 9 bucks and change at walmart. so its gonna last me forever. second i always rite these cleanser reviews after newly buying the product cuz im excited and end up riting these great reviews for it, then it adjusts to my skin and i don't like it so much so i thot i'd try this for a while (almost 2 months now) then review it. its STILL perfect for my skin. i definitely wouldnt use this for dry/normal skin but its perfect for my oily skin. sops up all oil. my skin ends up matte, clean and oh so smooth. my face is clear and the couple of acne scars i had r fading real well. my skin looks healthy. will most definitly buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lavaberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I suppose it removed my makeup pretty well, but it did seem to make my combo skin a bit filmy feeling. Also, it made my skin feel a bit tight, but not clean really. I didn't notice any difference in my breakouts when using this. Also, the smell is a bit strange. I've never tried the regular Cetaphil, but after this one I'm not sure I want to.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kulsoom7

I usually use the regular Cetaphil. However, I stopped at the pharmacy to buy my usual and it was no where to be found. However, there was new cetaphil for oily skin. I have combination skin so Cetaphil works perfectly. But this new cetaphil is terrible. It has dried out my skin so badly. It physically hurt to put lotion on my face. It stung so badly.
Im shocked since Cetaphil is a great product. But this new one is just horrendous. Yesterday when I put my makeup on there were dry flakes all over my face.
What a terrible purchase. I cannot seem to find the regular Cetaphil. I might switch to Spectro Gel. So diappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jrmint2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin and can wash my face up to 3 or 4 times a day. I can do this with this cleanser w/o any irritation or dryness or itchiness.

The more I use it the more I like it. Its not the greatest for removing make up, but can remove most of it. It cleans out my mineral makeup but not my eyeliner, but most cleansers don't. It isn't my all time favorite cleanser, but the only one I like better is by Shiseido, but its many times more costly and I don't like dealing with tubes and caps.

I also love the pump and I can get big bottles of it at BJ's for cheap and just plunk this down on the sink and it lasts a long time. My husband likes it too as he won't use a moisturizer and this doesn't leave his skin feeling dried out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by soho26432

Quite possibly the worst cleanser around. I have oily, acne prone and sensitve skin. I've used the regular cetaphil cleanser without incident. I bought some of this stuff thinking it might be better for my skin type. Wrong!! Every time I've used it, it leaves my skin so tight that it's shiny!!! But with a light haze of dryness everywhere. It's WEIRD!!! I've never seen anything like this. When I put my makeup on afterwards it looks like a trainwreck. Horrible, horrible...HORRIBLE!! Oh, and it made me break-out more too. So yeah. Awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bizzietue

I'm pregnant and my skin has become increasingly oily and broken out. I've never had problem skin before pregnancy. This cleanser has really helped my skin, I love it and will continue to use it, probably even after I have the baby! (I previously used the Clinique 3-step system and it was aggravating my skin). This stuff is is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of all the cleansers I have ever used, this one really messed up my skin, and I have tried a ton of cleansers. I thought Cetaphil would be extra gentle, but instead all it did was dry my skin so that the top layer was stiff and scaley. It made me realize that a good cleanser should exfoliate dead skin yet leave skin hydrated. This product does the exact opposite: it creates a thick layer of dried dead skin and does not exfoliate. I now want to soccer kick the huge bottle I bought into oblivion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

A very good facial cleaner for oily skin does the job right and reasonalbly priced.