August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by beautylogic

This cleanser is simple, gentle, and effective. It doesn't do much in terms of keeping random pimples at bay... but that's a lot to ask. My face feels really clean after using it- no lingering film or makeup. It does dry out my skin a little bit at first, but after half an hour (without moisturizer) it's fine. I'll definitely repurchase this, and I'm pretty sure Cetaphil will always have a spot in my skin care regimen.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by hallonchris182

Nice pump bottle , cost for about 10 dollars (bottle is nice n big) foams up very little barely, can last u for a long time, very creamy but dried out my skin a bit n also broke me out on my cheeks i read so many good reviews so i bought it but didnt work the same for me.. just not for my skin type i guess i have dry/normal skin n not sensitive

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonKiss

I really like this cleanser. It's gentle enough for daily use and it gets rid of all the dirt and oil on my face without making it overly dry. Oh, and it leaves no icky residue either~ yay. I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that this is a pump bottle!

Anyway, to the actual cleanser, its a good cleanser. Leaves your face clean feeling, but soft & not dried out or tight.

Sadly, this is not what I need, although it works well enough for me to not throw it out. I have to take off a 'lippie' for this & say I wouldn't repurchase, but I would still recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay people, I don't even use the actual name brand version of this, I use the CVS knock-off and I swear it's made of magic!!! What began as a cheapie cleanser to wash my face with after going to the gym then turned into a cleanser to wash with in the morning. Then I got super brave and ditched my Proactiv cleanser at night to begin only washing with this night and day and my skin is the best it's been since I can't remember when! This stuff is AMAZING! I actually cancelled my Proactiv Clear Skin Club account and plan on only purchasing the toner and lotion treatment from the kiosk in the mall whenever I run out of those. I have always thought the Proactiv cleanser was harsh but even after I found moiturizers that worked well with it and didn't break me out much at all, my skin still never attained the level of clarity I have found with this cleanser. It's not over-drying, I follow with Proactiv toner and lotion treatment at night only, and then Neutrogena Intensive Anti-Wrinkle cream. Morning: wash, rinse, toner and daytime Neutrogena Intensive Anti-Wrinkle with SPF. Between the Neutrogena creams and this soap I finally feel like I've "made it" in terms of skin care. I never thought a gel cleanser could be so good to my skin, but I think the key with this being less drying is that it doesn't really foam up or suds up much at all---the foamier cleansers are always the most drying for my combo-oily skin. Luv, luv, luv----rave, rave, rave! Gets my skin CLEAN! And I'm not even buying the name brand---kudos to CVS for formulating a fantastic dupe!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I used this cleanser before and remember dumping it as I couldn't figure out what it really is for. It couldn't removed MU, so I also need to use a separate MU remover. And by the time I am finished, I find that my skin is too terribly dried out.

It sensitised my face and stings my nasal folds badly. I much prefer the Gentle version.

EDIT: I find my true HG in Babor Hy-ol. The best cleanser in my opinion. Try it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

I picked this up after reading reviews and hoping that by switching out all my incredibly drying cleansers that I can have skin that is clear of my small and annoying acne. It says "foaming action" on the bottle but there was very little, to say the least--like only microscopic bubbles. The pros? A very clean face. The cons? DRYING. And I have combination skin where my cheeks and chin are normal and my nose and T-zone are oil slicks. So I'm going to get the gentle version of this instead and see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jakay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whenever I pick up this Cetaphil cleanser again after some time away from it, I never understand how I could've left it in the first place (although I have to admit, when it comes to skin care, I'm easily influenced by fancy packaging and empty promises). My skin is pretty sensitive and will often react violently after using products with alcohol and/or fragrances. Cetaphil is as gentle on my face as water, with the cleaning power of any fancy, over priced, and overly fragrant facial cleanser. No dryness or irritation (for me, anyway)! Just a great cleanser. (For lovers of foam or lather, this product lathers up just ever so slightly.)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my everyday cleanser for a while. It does a good job of removing the oil and mu from my face. It rinses clean only if I use something textured like a washcloth -- if I try to wash my face with just my hands, it feels like there's still an oily film on my skin afterwards. The scent is fresh and extremely light, I honestly don't notice the scent when I wash my face. (Which is a good thing since I'm allergic to some fragrances!) It does not dry out my skin, but I have super oily skin and only very harsh acne products dry out my skin! This cleanser also does not seem to help my acne but that's expected -- I have fairly resistant skin and need stronger acne treatments. My skin always looks the same regardless of what cleanser I use (it's only the addition of other acne products that clear up my acne), so I continue to use Cetaphil since it gets my skin clean, was recommended by my dermatologist, and is affordable. I can't guarantee how will work for more sensitve types -- like any other product, you'll probably want to read the ingredients before deciding to buy :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

Okay, I tried this because the cetaphil gentle was too gentle and left a film, but this stuff dried out my cheeks and make them flaky.