July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, I think these are so cute and a must have! I have two of them (cherry me and pink punch). Really love, love, LOVE the smell of both! This definitely does not moisturize for 8 hours but it's still okay. I really like the tint that comes off from applying each of them. It's not super bold, just light and effortless which I love (of course it depends on how much you apply). It's also very affordable and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kcd27

So whenever I use any other lip balm/gloss/lipstick/vassaline,etc., my lips are soft and smooth and feeling good for about 5 minutes, and then after that they feel dry and gross again. However, Baby lips makes my lips soft for hours after use! If I use it a couple times throughout the day, my lips always feel soft smooth all the time. Even when I dont wear babylips my lips are still soft because of this product!! It's the only thing thats ever worked for my lips...its the best!!!! If anyone want the perfect, soft, smooth, juicy big luscious lips then this product is a MUST HAVE!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

First of all, the 8 hour moisture? HA! What a blatant marketing lie. Lucky to not have to rehydrate lips with something better in a couple hours.
Bought 3 of these when they were $1.99 at Walgreen's before the hype hit, I guess. I felt ripped to pay the $1.99 and now I see that they are selling for double that.
Amazing packaging, very retro yet VS Pink brand- invoking style.
Product- junky! It's really no better than any standard chap stick. Ingredients are nothing to write home about. The red tinted one wears and looks just like standard cherry chapstick, or perhaps that "mood lipstick" novelty junk.
SPF is good, moisturization; fair. But really, paying a premium price for a sub-par product as far as benefits and efficacy go.
If you want color- go with lipstick/gloss. If you want moisture and protection, buy something with less synthetic and strange ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by atroquinine

This tube is pretty amazing in some ways but definitely does not deliver on moisturizing my lips. I have the bright pink one and it smells very fruity and delicious, so I like it for that reason. Definitely not worth buying again though given there are other more moisturizing lip balms out there for similar price.
Pros:
Smells great
Deposits a nice amount of sheer color
Looks pretty nice after you first apply
Only four bucks
Cons:
Did not have any lasting effect for moisturizing
Settles into lines/cracks formed by any dryness you may have
Comes off completely within three hours, comes right off if you sip a drink

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MandyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the tubes that are like lipsticks with a clear plastic cover, not a small cap.

I have a couple of these but I like #15 Cherry the best. It smells yummy. It gives my lips a bit of color and it doesn't come off as easy as I thought it would even when eating or drinking. It performed better then the much more expensive product that had just flopped on me. I have noticed with continued use in the past week my lips are in much better shape too.

I would like to note that this product or at least some of them say right on the package that it has a long lasting moisture wear. Something crazy like 18 hours. Whatever is used to keep this moisture is what I think might be weirding a lot of people out or making them feel dry or gritty.

I have a tube of stuff specifically for extreme dryness and extended long life moisture wear. It has a special oil in it that can be mistaken for a dry feeling and even grittiness at first. I swear I feel it in this too. You may mistake your lips for being dry when really the oil had sunk in or left a moisture barrier that feels weird. Again they both feel a lot like each other and both promise a huge amount of moisture time.

So in a nut shell people (me too!) expect what they see, the yummy smelling lip balm but the extended moisture product used makes it feel a little strange and may be a turn off. Personally I like it becuase it not only keeps moisture (in a weird way) on my lips it seems to help keep the color on.

I just had ONE of the Sugar Fresh colors flop on me(reviewed that too), it promises much of the same thing as this and I purchased the Baby Lips to tide me over until I returned the other and got a replacement. I twisted both of them all the way to show all the product. The Baby Lips had more product then the much more expensive Sugar Fresh color. So you get a good value, it will last a long time, it keeps the moisture on your lips and gives you some color. For the price it's certainly a good product.

If you are not used to the extended moisture weird feeling...thing, it may be a turn off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ZackAttackGrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really don't get the hype of this product. All it did was make my lips feel grainy. It tastes good, but really, who buys a lip balm for solely the taste? Burt's Bee's is around the same price range, tastes better and actually moisturizes my lips! I was really dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lucakerberos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite thing about this product is the fact that the balm doesn't taste bad, and it doesn't smell bad. It keeps my lips soft for a long time, however once it comes off my lips dry out really quickly. Occasionally it will also flake off right after I apply it if I apply too much at once. The packaging is also nice and makes it easy to apply. It's a nice matte lip balm that moisturizes and according to my boyfriend it also tastes quite good!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ayoochristaaa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest at first when i bought this product i really liked it because it had colorful and nice packaging but this lip balm makes my lips dryer than they need to be. It's always chapped because of this and now i have this uncomfortable rash on the sides of my mouth. So no satisfied with this. I would recommend Nivea Smoothness, that stuff is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by alexiipalexii

I love these lip balms, they look so natural, they're shiny with a hint of colour, they make your lips so soft, I have the green/blue one which is mint i think, it didnt say on the packaging and i have the pink/silver, they are great, definitely recommend. Am giving it 4 stars because it does wear off quickly but for me it's not a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not my favorite lip balm. But it's ok but not the best. It's good if your lips are not already chapped...... But I would buy again because they are nice to have around.