December 18, 2014 | 1313 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let's talk about the claims for a second. 88% had smoother lips, 82% had less dry lips, 70% had suppler lips, 83% had better-looking lips. Did my lips change in any way after wearing this lip balm? No. Did they make my lips any dry long term or at least for a while after the color wore off? Not at all. This is not a good lip balm in any way, I honestly don't know how it differs from a typical Chapstick aside from the cute packaging.

However, this is a good *tinted* lip balm, if you choose the right color. They have fairly good color payoff, and I reach for these more than other lip products because these are fairly moisturizing (only when on the lips!) while other lip products can be very drying. Also, these tend to be very easy to use and low maintenance. These are perfect products to keep in your bag and apply when you feel like your look for the day is a little boring. That's how I use them. They last about an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. This doesn't really bother me because the product is easy to apply even without a mirror.

Now let's talk about the colors because not all Baby Lips are created equal. From the original line, Cherry Me, a muted red that leans on the pink side. This one is one of the more pigmented ones and is perfect for those like myself that loved reds but want to make them more wearable for everyday. Pink Punch is probably the most pigmented (and best smelling to me), but it's just too pink for my liking. I also like Peach Kiss, which is sort of like a nude tinted balm. It doesn't make your lips entirely nude but gives off the same type of nude lip look. Grape Vine and Coral Crush (LE?) did not show up on my lips at all, so I don't recommend them at all. Grape Vine had a tint when swatched, but on my lips it was almost invisible. Coral Crush didn't show up much when swatched or on my lips. From the Electro line, I own two shades so far. Berry Bomb is not as pigmented as I had hoped, but it still offers good color payoff for a lip balm. This one looks a little like purple popsicle-stained lips, and it looks like the most natural color on the lips out of all the Baby Lips. Pink Shock gives off a lot of pigmentation, probably the most out of all the shades. It's a pretty fuchsia pink that looks a little on the berry side to me. My favorites that I get the most use out of (and these are probably the only ones I will repurchase): Cherry Me, Pink Shock. Overall, good product for people who like color on their lips but are too lazy to deal with a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip-balm type product! It moisturizes my lips really well, and it leaves a very glossy finish, almost like a lip gloss. I have the peppermint one, and I really want to get the tinted ones, mainly because they are raved about so much! Definitely worth the hype to me, at least for most of the flavours. Although I hear that the peach one isn't as great as the others, I think that most of them are a 5/5! Really wanna get cherry me, and grape vine. Will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best lip balm/chapstick I have ever used. I have very dry, flaky lips, that sometimes get so bad during the colder months that they blister. After trying every brand and product imaginable (lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, medicated lip balm) this product saved my lips! I expected this to just moisturize my lips, but it actually helped repair them. My lips are not nearly as dry or flaky as before, and they no longer blister. I apply this once a day, before applying lipstick, and they stay moisturized all day. The best part is, it smells like Fruity Pebbles!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Saffeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite lip balm that I own. I constantly have at least 2 of these in my bag, all the time. I own all of them, with Cherry Me and Quenched being my favorites. They are moisturizing, last a full 8 hours, and look amazing!!! I wear them at work and can go ahead and talk to people, eat, and drink during my whole shift, and it is STILL there when I finish! I can even put the Cherry Me (which shows up pinkish red) on, let it dry, and it won't come off when I eat/drink/kiss my boyfriend. (:
This is the most amazing thing I have ever purchased, and I REALLY hope that they come out with more colors/flavors.
Now the only reason I rated this as a 4 instead of a 5 is because it IS a bit pricey (though definatly worth it!), and for the fact that the color is not always how it actually shows up (for example: cherries are red, the stick looks red, but actually comes out as a dark pink).
All in all though: this is the best product EVER and I can never get enough!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by noaa01

Overall I like Baby Lips. The problems are the following
-It is not too moisturizing, my lips still feel a little bit dry after the baby lips drys.
-Baby Lips is a little bit expensive considering the product itself.
I do however like it as an overall product. It moisturizes my lips enough and the colors are nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very drying for my lips. It actually made them rough and peel. It doesn't do much as far as glossiness or shine. Doesn't stay on for too long, either. No re- purchase here.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

This is supposed to be one of the newest fad of lip products which combines a tint plus moisturizing properties (awesome!) and so far these are the only brand of them that I found not to be drying. I guess the drawback of them has to be the lack of intensity of color (no where near as pigmented as a lipstick) but it does just what it promises, TINTS. I like these because they blend with the natural color of your lips so its not completely obvious you're wearing a colored product. VEEERY natural :]

The feeling isnt greasy nor heavy at all, it feels just like you're wearing a lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by girlnextd00rr

I bought this in Cherry (colourless) because my lips were starting to peel recently. The product claims to give users baby lips, with permanent use. Maybe because I've only been using this for a few days, but my lips feel more chapped rather than baby smooth! A friend told me to continue using it because the peeling might be a form of "exfoliation", but my lips actually looked better once I stopped applying it.

The packaging is super cute, and I love lip balms that smell nice. But a lip balm that worsens your lip condition is useless!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

The clear one just sits on top of my lips and makes them peel, the packaging is cute but this isn't that great. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by PeaceLuvRikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I got it in quenched and peach kiss and so far I'm loving both! I especially love quenched because it smells so good. The packaging is cute,and all around this products is a definite must.