October 26, 2014 | 1379 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ihearttmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product has its ups and downs. i like it because it makes your face not oily looking but nice and glowy. it is VERY expensive. the one thing i dont like it the packaging. usally i end up putting to much on because it doesnt have a pump. overall it doesnt give that much coverage but if you want more of a glowy face go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by glittterati

This is a GREAT foundation. It's not heavy at all and feels really light on your face. It's NOT a full coverage foundation. So if your looking for that, this isn't your foundation. I have pretty flawless skin and this gives me a sheer coverage to even out my skin tone! I recommend this 110%!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by magic_glitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love Sheer Glow. I wear the Siberia shade, and amongst all the different foundation brands I have tried, it is the only shade I've found that matches my skin tone perfectly. My only gripe is that it is a moisturizing foundation and my skin is oily-combo. I attempted to use the NARS Sheer Matte line, but I found the Sheer Matte foundation difficult to blend. But I use a mattifying moisturizer and some mattifying powder with Sheer Glow, and my nose and forehead are kept fairly shine-free. Overall, I love the way it blend into my skin, matches my skin tone, and lasts all day. I wish it were cheaper ($60 CDN), but I've had my bottle for a year and I still have a good amount left, despite daily use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jahara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hey guys,

Just for reference- I am an NC43/44 in Mac, unfortunately I had to buy 2 of these to get a good colour match - Tahoe and Syracuse.

I also have a very oily t-zone, slightly oily cheeks and an unusually dry chin :S

I love the way this foundation makes my skin look when applied but I feel that this lasts on my skin for about 6 hours, which is not long enough for me- for this reason it looses one lippy :( . The foundation undertones are the best I have come across so far and I have had great difficulty finding a good match in other higher end foundations. I have oily skin and I don't have a problem with the "glow" this provides. I cant be certain but, I THINK there is something in this foundation which makes me breakout in little white-heads. Due to this and the fact that it hasn't got a pump it looses another lippy.

Pros:
*Most natural looking foundation I have tried as of yet.
*With good oil control prior to application, the foundation does "glow" without looking greasy.
*Though I have to mix 2 colours, it matches my skin better than any other.
*Doesn't oxidise much on my skin. It does change colour slightly but not to the extent that I end up looking orange (Ahem...MAC!!!)
*Covers hyper pigmentation and acne scars pretty well.
*Medium coverage foundation which I prefer. Also when I wear this foundation it never looks caked on.
*Easy to blend.

Cons:
*Doesn't last long enough for me. I work long hours and after about 7 hours when I look in the mirror my foundation looks as if it has separated on my face.
*There is no pump, if drug-store companies can put pumps on their foundations, I'm pretty sure Nars can add a pump to theirs.
*I have noticed little white-heads after wearing this foundation :'( though my skin is sensitive anyway and I have reacted to a few foundations.
*I have not had this foundation long and I have 2 bottles so you would think that I have tons of product left- WRONG! I do not use this everyday and when I do I use a "dime-sized" amount. However, the bottles are half empty. Due to it not having a pump I am wasting way too much product :(
*The price is quite extortionate at I think £30 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by misanders

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation!! I normally wear Estee Lauder double wear light in the summer, but for some reason my skin has been more on the dry side than oily. So that wasn't working as well. This is perfect. Glides over my dry chin easily. The pigmentation is awesome. I have hyperpigmentation and this covers most of it with one light layer. Last most of the day. Thank you Nars!
Just wanted to add that I use one pump ( I buy the pump) for everyday coverage, and 2 pumps for heavy coverage. And I have hyperpigmentation. My favorite application is the real techniques stippling brush, my fingers, or beauty blender. I then use Chanel powder to set. This is still my favorite foundation!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Positives:
the foundation gives a lovely dewy finish. It is easy to apply and also blend. The brand has a nice range of colours. I am an NC50 and i bought the foundation in Macao and also in New Orleans which i wear depending on the season and my tan.

Cons:
Price!!!!!!!!!! good lawd jesus...!!!

UPDATE!!!!
This foundation was lively when I first started using it but now, not so much. It basically slides off my face after a while and has to continuously be set with powder to control shine! Will not buy again!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I got this after reading countless reviews and I must say it lives up to most of the hype. It gives a flawless finish especially when used with a Beauty Blender (I tend to like medium coverage and I feel that if I use a brush like a F80 the cover is a little too heavy my liking). The staying power is decent especially when you set it with a decent powder. I'm about a NC35 and I found that Barcelona matched me the best! The only thing I dislike is the lack of a pump and I refuse to pay for a pump and it's almost impossible to find as well since they don't usually carry it in Sephora. The colour options are decent and besides for the lack of a pump and the pricey side it's a pretty good foundation, not sure if its my HG but it'll do for now. I am dying to try some Chanel foundations though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by LuvRin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this foundation- it's easy to apply (i use my fingers), it glides on smoothly and doesn't streak, it makes my skin look flawless. And it stays that way for a long time... EXCEPT it oxidises on me after a few hours. I wear the shade Barcelona which is the exact match for my NC40 skin tone. Initially it always looks perfect. But as the day (or night) goes on, I notice I start to look really muddy, like I've applied too much bronzer all over my face. Not a good look! It's not so bad that people stare at me, infact I don't think anybody else notices it because no one has mentioned it to me. Maybe they think I'm just naturally tan? I dunno. I do like the foundation very much and I will continue to wear it, but I wish it wouldn't oxidise on me. It makes me think twice about applying bronzer! If I wear this foundation, the only thing I'll use bronzer for is to contour my cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After the disappointment with DiorSkin Nude (oxidized heavily on my oily skin into a cooler undertone than mine making me look sunburned), I decided to give Sheer Glow a try. While I mentioned in my review for Sheer Matte that I couldn't find my color, I decided to try the color darker than Barcelona, Syracuse. Well needless to say this color is a better balance between yellow and golden. It does oxidize initially into a slightly orange color (not really bad) but it makes it match my neck which is quite dark compared to my face. This foundation is way better than Sheer Matte as far as coverage goes, I'd say a solid medium coverage. Also it blends beautifully, unlike Sheer Matte, which sets very quickly and offers less coverage IMO. Well let me say I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin! I walked around the mall and sales associates would ask me what I did to keep my skin so beautiful! I'm pretty much sold here, I love that this color matches my body well, and that its cheaper than DiorSkin. The oxidizing is kind of a downside, but as long as u choose a color with your undertone, it should only get a bit darker. I think if you're more cooler toned NARS will not be a good option since their colors seem to have more yellow in them and like I said it will oxidize more and the undertone will be more noticeable if its not the correct one. Luckily for me, orange/golden is my undertone :). If you're scared of the whole "Glow" aspect, let me just say that I have oily skin and I prefer this much more than Sheer Matte. Just use some mattifying powder and you're set. So worth the healthy sheer glow this gives!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Mixed feelings about this product. I liked it at first, but now I have second thoughts about it. The name is irrelevant to the product to begin with: It's far from sheer, and it doesn't necessarily give you a glow; however, these two bits about it I love. For reference I'm NC25 and I have this in the color Ceylan. It did come off quite yellow in my initial application, but soon as I buffed it into my skin it looked absolutely normal. A great thing I noticed straight away was how pigmented it was. It covered the breakouts around my chin with minimal effort on my part, aka no building up and no concealing afterwards. Another big plus was the fact that, being so yellow-toned, it counteracted any redness on my face almost like a color corrector, so I didn't need to go back in and conceal that either. Those were two major advantages that made my life easier. As for its finish, it made my skin look just like I wanted it to: Alive and subtly glowy, but not sheeny or anything above a satin finish. Far from matte and far from shiny. However, one complaint I soon came to have was that it would cling to the drier parts of my face (which I didn't really have much of anyway, as I used a very potent moisturizer), as well as cake up in several places, something I had never had a problem with before. My second complaint was its staying power: If I wore it in the morning, it would have lost half its coverage by sometime in the early afternoon, so there was no way I could drag it out till night time and go out straight away - I'd have to go home, remove it, cleanse my skin and re-apply a whole new face for the evening, something terribly aggravating for my sensitive skin. I also have a bone to pick with the packaging, it's glass and heavy and it doesn't have a pump. So I don't know exactly how many lippies I should subtract, maybe I should have given it 4 instead of 3 because of its pigmentation and beautiful finish. I'll just try it on again soon, maybe using different application methods this time, and report back. I'm not sure whether I'd repurchase though, maybe I'll just stick with my Bourjois Healthy Mix which I find very similar but for half the price (a little less pigmented but way more natural looking, yet still yellow-toned and luminous). In any case, I'm on the fence.