NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 7/9/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have used: chanel vitalumiere, Missha bb cream, mufe face and body, armani face fabric, YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat, Hera HD foundation
REREVIEW: I think I liked this a lot better when it was humid out because it is not doing anything for me. The coverage is medium and it kind of looks cakey but it could be because I’m used to a more sheer coverage. Out of all the foundations I have used, I think this is quite average and not worth the price. I do recommend the Armani face fabric if you’re looking for a splurge. MUFE Face and Body and Hera HD foundation are still much better for my dry mid-20s skin.
nd armani.

on 7/8/2012 3:13:00 AM

I love this foundation. It wears really well on my dry skin and lasts all day. The coverage is more medium and not sheer at all and more matte than the name suggests. On my dry skin, I find that wearing this without powder gives me the perfect amount of coverage and lasting power and is a really great base for concealer as well.

HOWEVER - my biggest gripe with the product is the packaging. I like my foundations to have pumps and Sheer Glow does not come with one. Furthermore, when you do purchase a pump the lid will not fit over the top. This makes it impossible to travel with and just seems like pathetic design. Because of this, I do not see myself repurchasing which is a real shame as I adore this foundation. Please NARS - CHANGE THE PACKAGING!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like people either love or hate this foundation. Unfortunately, in my case, it's hate. I loved it at first, I wore it and it blended well and looked awesome. Then the second time, it looked really yellow! I tried so hard to blend it out and it still looked weird. I have oily skin but it clung to dry patches that I didn't even know I had! It also looked cakey and fake. It got greasy looking throughout the day. I tried it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Well, it made my face itch so bad! So for the past week I've been dealing with zits popping up all over my chin! Ahhh! At least I didn't actually buy this foundation, I work at a cosmetics store so I had just made a sample. I'm writing this to warn acne prone or sensitive girls! Proceed with caution! Everyone's skin is different so it could just be me. I love the Nars tinted moisturizer though, no breakouts from that!

on 7/3/2012 10:40:00 AM

I have tried many foundations before this, pretty much every drug store brand and high-end ones such as MAC, Clinique, BareMinerals, Tarte, and Lorac. I went to Sephora and was choosing between Nars Sheer Glow and Benefit's Hello Gorgeous to wear for my graduation. The girl at Sephora tried both on me and I fell in love with Nars, it is absolutely beautiful-goes on smoothly and basically airbrushes my face where I need it most (I took accutane less than a year ago and I have some minor scarring still) but it also was light enough to not cover up my freckles, something I love :). It goes on great with a brush, although I was told to use my fingers, I don't like applying makeup using my hands. The cost of it in my opinion is well worth it, you get what you pay for. I'd rather spend $42 on a foundation I love than $42 on several foundations I was unhappy with. All and all, definitely worth the splurge!

on 7/3/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've tried many, many liquid foundations! Everything from drugstore brands-Maybellline, Covergirl to Department store-MAC, Chanel, Estee Lauder, I'd just about given up and decided to mix and make my own concoctions. Until I found this. I LOVE this stuff. Hate the packaging, a pump would be so helpful!! This goes on like buttah, is sheer yet still has enough coverage to cover up some pigmentation I have. Best of all-My skin and neck look the same color in pics!!! So glad this was recommended to me while in Sephora=0)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product about a year ago . after being convinced by the person at the makeup counter at sephora. i must say this is a very luxurious foundation. i'd compare it to even chanel. i myself am very tan about an nc40 . i was matched with barcelona .barcelona does seem a bit light but as the makeup artist was telling me , barcelona is a very versatile color . i agree .
i found this foundation to set pretty quickly so blending is bit of an obstacle , but after i applied with a beauty blender oh my god ! it was beautiful i topped it off with physcians formula bronzebooster and illamasqua blush in expose . i felt like JLO! however it can feel a bit heavy and i believe that caused me to break . so thats why i gave it 3 stars and it has no pump .
Nars should reformulate it , try to not make it feel thick or break out in acne . i'd be all over it !

this is definitly not a foundation to wear everyday , i say more for special ocassions works beautifully in pictures like youre airbrushed =D

on 7/2/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i never found a foundation which i could say is perfect. my skin is quite dry so i like to have dewy finish which makes my skin look good. so i was looking for a foundation. i wanted to get laura mercier silk creme foundation as i have read great reviews about it and also it gives full coverage. but it does not come in a lot of shades and i could not find my match :(. next one on my list was nars sheer glow and i bought it and its just amazing i absolutely love it gives me medium coverage and also gives my skin a nice glow. one things i dont like is that it does nt come with a pump so its quite difficult getting the foundation out of the jar.

on 7/2/2012 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what it is about Nars foundations but they look awful on my skin. I have tried both the Sheer Matt and Glow. They make my skin look dry and patchy which has never been a problem before. They don't appear sheer or light but cakey and heavy! They give the same results as a cheap drugstore foundation. Its frustrating as I really wanted to love Nars foudations, I'm a big fan of all there other products but I'll be stearing clear of these.

on 7/1/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I know I should've gotten the Sheer Matte instead of this one but I had watched a youtube video where the girl mixed this foundation and double wear together and she swore it was amazing, so I for some reason wanted to try it. Well I never ended up getting double wear and I've been stuck with this ever since. This foundation is underwhelming to me. I didn't think it was particularly amazing. The color (Ceylan) matched my skin pretty well and I didn't think it made my skin any oilier but other than that I don't really care for it much. It's also really annoying that it doesn't come with a pump.

on 6/26/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I would have rated it 5 but I think its a bit pricey for a foundation that does not even come with a pump. I had to spend extra ££ to have the pump (not amused). That said this is by far the best liquid foundation I have tried. When I went into Selfridges I was not too sure what type of foundation I should try. I have normal to combination skin but only produce oil on my nose. Sheer Matte is said to be better suited to oily skin, however, I had seen/read a lot of reviews where women with the same skin type as me had purchased Sheer Glow instead. So when it came to purchasing this foundation I was unsure whether I should get NARS Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte. Thankfully within seconds of entering the store the woman at the NARS counter was able to identify which type of foundation would be better suited to my skin type which obviously as this review indicates was Sheer Glow. The shade range at NARS is absolutely brilliant. They know how to create make-up for women of colour. Other make-up companies cannot compare. The colour the NARS woman matched me to is New Orleans. It is easy to apply and is very lightweight. One full pump press provides me with enough foundation to cover the whole of my face. I would say it is buildable. I use the NARS Multi Protection Primer before applying the foundation to my face. MAC Mineralise Skin Finish is used to set it. I am very pleased with this product and will definitely be purchasing in in the future (once I have the funds).