E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

on 11/13/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I want so many more of these!!! At least 5 :D

You already know this brush is good, why are you reading this? :)

I use this brush to:
- Pack on and buff powder foundation
- "Stipple" (lol) and Buff creme/liquid foundation
- Blend/thin out my milk of magnesia into a thin film

Its so very sturdy and cute too! Elf won with this on, no matter how many hundred of dollar your brush set cost, you have to add a couple of these because its awesome.

on 11/12/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Bought This Brush And I Loved It For Applying Powder And Blending Out My Blush. It's Very Densely Packed And The Taklon Bristles don't Scratch Or Hurt Your Face.

CON: Whenever I Wash This Brush, The Bristles Start To Shed A lot, to the Point where Some Bristles Are Much. Much Longer Than Others. It Doesn't Leak Black Ink, But The Bristles Falling Off Every Time I Wash Break My Heart.

I Gave It A Three Because My Brush Just Might Be Defective. The Shedding Doesn't Happen With Any Of My Other Elf Studio Line Brushes. Besides the Shedding, I Love This Brush.

on 11/12/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It's so soft! And for the price I love it! I use it mainly for contouring and powder aplication. Love this brush

on 11/11/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Yes yes yes!!! This product definitely lives up to the hype. The bristles are super soft and the brush is dense. This brush is perfect for makeup application. I have used it with various powders and even to buff in some liquids. Picks up product like a dream, nice even distribution on the skin and so soft. I have had this for over 2 months, it gets spot cleaned daily and a deep cleanse weekly and I have yet to loose a bristle. Looks as good as the day I bought it. This brush is sooo cheap and so good! A must have. You will not be disappointed. And the best part of all is how incredibly cheap it was. $3!!!!! Why would you ever spend more when you clearly don't have to. I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/10/2011 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This works good for blending my foundation and for all over face powder, but it doesn't work too well for blush I really like how the brush is soft and doesn't irritate my skin. A definite must have for any woman! The price is great too :)

on 11/9/2011 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Didn't think it was possible for this to live up to the hype. I was skeptical mostly because this brush looks really big and fluffy. I had tried using a blush brush to apply my foundation before getting this, and it didn't blend very well and would leave my foundation looking thick and chalky in random areas. But the bristles on this brush are very dense, so I've had no such problems while using it. I apply my Tarte Smooth Operator with this and it comes out looking flawless.

on 11/9/2011 8:27:00 PM

Not the biggest fan of ELF products, but this one lives up to the hype. With the $3 price tag, this is a no-brainer. I use this for applying Colorstay foundation and buffing in my Mac msf natural. It gives a nice airbrushed finish and is very soft. It feels like it should cost way more than $3.

on 11/6/2011 10:26:00 AM

hands down. for 3 dollar it is a unbeatable brush, I use it for powder foundation, sometimes blush for my cheek bone because it is a perfect circle side for it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love this, I've been disappointed with a lot of elf brushes but this is worth the hype. Its soft and comfortable on the face and it blends foundation well. Great for applying liquid foundation and powder, its too big for blush or bronzer IMO .

on 11/5/2011 7:58:00 PM

Needed to find a brush that applies Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation and that's when I stumbled through these reviews. The same day I went to Target to see the brush and I purchased one. I am so impressed with it that I felt I had to write a review. Since I bought Elf Powder Brush I do not use my Mac brushes but use only this one to apply powder foundation, blotting powder and powder blush! It just does such a good job dealing with all 3 of these products that I can't be bothered with my other face brushes anymore...so I went back to Target and bought another 2.

If you own Mac blushes, you will be pleasantly surprised how perfectly this brush fits into their pan. Since the brush has a round shape and a flat top, it takes up the size of the pan perfectly, leaving only a small space around the head of the brush to allow you to circle it around to pick up the blush. I especially like this aspect, but it also does a superb job of applying the product (somehow the blush falls on the exact spot where it suppose to). Then I blend with the same brush.

As far as foundation goes, it also does a perfect job. Picks up enough product (not too much, not too little) and blends the product well into the skin. No streakiness, cakeyness, or shiny surfaces peaking out from under the foundation.

Now I really regret buying all the expensive Mac brushes, only wish I new about this one sooner! Can't believe it's just $3...