E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 11/10/2011 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This works good for blending my foundation and for all over face powder, but it doesn't work too well for blush I really like how the brush is soft and doesn't irritate my skin. A definite must have for any woman! The price is great too :)

on 11/9/2011 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Didn't think it was possible for this to live up to the hype. I was skeptical mostly because this brush looks really big and fluffy. I had tried using a blush brush to apply my foundation before getting this, and it didn't blend very well and would leave my foundation looking thick and chalky in random areas. But the bristles on this brush are very dense, so I've had no such problems while using it. I apply my Tarte Smooth Operator with this and it comes out looking flawless.

on 11/9/2011 8:27:00 PM

Not the biggest fan of ELF products, but this one lives up to the hype. With the $3 price tag, this is a no-brainer. I use this for applying Colorstay foundation and buffing in my Mac msf natural. It gives a nice airbrushed finish and is very soft. It feels like it should cost way more than $3.

on 11/6/2011 10:26:00 AM

hands down. for 3 dollar it is a unbeatable brush, I use it for powder foundation, sometimes blush for my cheek bone because it is a perfect circle side for it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love this, I've been disappointed with a lot of elf brushes but this is worth the hype. Its soft and comfortable on the face and it blends foundation well. Great for applying liquid foundation and powder, its too big for blush or bronzer IMO .

on 11/5/2011 7:58:00 PM

Needed to find a brush that applies Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation and that's when I stumbled through these reviews. The same day I went to Target to see the brush and I purchased one. I am so impressed with it that I felt I had to write a review. Since I bought Elf Powder Brush I do not use my Mac brushes but use only this one to apply powder foundation, blotting powder and powder blush! It just does such a good job dealing with all 3 of these products that I can't be bothered with my other face brushes anymore...so I went back to Target and bought another 2.

If you own Mac blushes, you will be pleasantly surprised how perfectly this brush fits into their pan. Since the brush has a round shape and a flat top, it takes up the size of the pan perfectly, leaving only a small space around the head of the brush to allow you to circle it around to pick up the blush. I especially like this aspect, but it also does a superb job of applying the product (somehow the blush falls on the exact spot where it suppose to). Then I blend with the same brush.

As far as foundation goes, it also does a perfect job. Picks up enough product (not too much, not too little) and blends the product well into the skin. No streakiness, cakeyness, or shiny surfaces peaking out from under the foundation.

Now I really regret buying all the expensive Mac brushes, only wish I new about this one sooner! Can't believe it's just $3...

on 11/4/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I only own one and I want more!!! For $3 this brush is a steal!!! Bristles are packed and dense so it holds product well. I use mine for applieing my tinted moisturizer. Great brush!!

on 11/3/2011 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. i have 2, one for bronzer and one for foundation, it is so cheap, and it is great quality for its price!!

on 11/3/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I *LOVE* this one! This, and the studio C e/s brush are my absolute favorites out of the ten or so E.L.F. brushes that I own.

It's nice and densely packed, performs well, hasn't shed but one hair, (maybe??), and looks gorgeous with its classy black handle.
I use this to apply my msfn, and sometimes to buff in a loose setting powder over my liquid.

Love it, love it, love it. I may buy a couple backups, because it's great, and so cheap!

on 10/29/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this brush!! Was going to get a Sigma but then saw this... I use it for my Studio Fix Fluid and it buffs it in so nice. I'm buying another asap!

Popular Makeup Brushes