December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by photogeneric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

If I had to select a favorite brush that I own, I would select this one. I actually have two of them. I use one for liquid foundation and the other one for powder. This is a fantastic brush, and that clearly shows in the outstanding reviews it has here on MUA. ELF really made a hit with this. It is very soft, costs $3 and performs exceptionally at applying liquid and powder products. I would highly recommend this brush to everyone. It is great to have in your collection and I use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why am I just now getting one of these? For three dollars and some change, I'm surprised that it took me this long.

I'll be honest. When I purchased this brush, there was an innate fear of it being ridiculously poor in quality. I was terrified that the handle would be wobbly, that the bristles would be stiff and practically stab my face. The thought of the hairs shedding on me and being unnoticed until out in public, leaving me looking like I have a wild, thick, random hair growing out of my cheek made me wary. I have black hair and have honestly had brushes shed on me and look JUST LIKE legit facial hair before...it wasn't a pretty sight. Having to pick bristles out of your already set foundation is a pain in the butt as well.

Anyway, back on topic. I LOVE THIS BRUSH! It is absolutely nothing like I'd feared. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The bristles are so unbelievably soft, fine, but very dense. They never poke or scrape across my skin (Like my Walmart brand stippling brush does), nor have I had this shed on me (Unlike my Posh kabuki brush). It's quite possibly the best quality brush that I own and yet somehow still the cheapest. Never in the world would I have imagined what I was missing when I was using other brushes on my more creamy foundations. This flat-top brush buffs them in beautifully and leaves a seamless, natural sort of finish that is hard to achieve with my other brushes. Using this brush is also much less time consuming than having to blend incessantly with a traditional foundation brush. I also find that I use less product with this brush than I do with any of the others.

It's an excellent buy and for the price I doubt very seriously that it could ever be beaten. I love this brush so much that I'm contemplating trading in my more expensive and trifling brushes for some E.L.F. ones. If you're on the fence about buying one of these, just get it. You'll probably like it.
What have you got to lose? It's only three bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by StineWasHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this brush! I use it with“my true match foundation from L'Oreal, and this is really great. It is so soft, and does not shed at all. Really easy to apply liquid foundation with. I can absolutely reccomend it!One lippy off though, because of the handle coming off. Fixed it with a glue gun, but still. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You can't go wrong with this brush. It is dirt cheap but great quality! I bought this quite randomly, and have been so happy with it.

The brush is dense and so soft. It does not shed at all (I have been using mine for over 6 months now, at least). I also wash my brushes very often and the only thing you have to keep in mind is that this brush takes a while longer to dry but I don't really see that as a problem.

Great investment for anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by latindrprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a powder brush but I use it for my foundation it's the best. I was first using the Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. This E.L.F makes a world of difference it makes appolication so much easier and faster. It works well with my cream and liquid foundation especially for tinted moistuizers. And it's only 3 bucks you can't beat that. One of the best buys from E.L.F.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by karmiekins

I have 3 of these powder brushes because it is just simply amazing.

It is worth a lot more than $3.

This is truly a gem in anyone's make up collection.

It's so soft, so dense and it's just simply amazing. It works with like any product I swear to god.

I have one for my bb cream, one for my cheek colours (I painted the end of it pink), and one for my finishing powder :)

GET YOURSELF THIS BRUSH!!! I'm ordering from ELF again next week and I'm going to pick 2 more up just in case.

I don't ever want to be without this brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have MUA to thank for this one. I just started using liquid foundation and wasn't achieving the results I wanted applying with a sponge. I knew I needed to start stippling it on with a brush but I didn't know what brush to use, especially because as a college student, I have a limited budget. I did lots of research on MUA, and decided that the ELF Studio Powder Brush was my best bet. Ran off to Target to get it and BAM! PERFECTION! Seriously, this has made a world of difference for me- applying my foundation is much easier and less time-consuming, and it looks much better than sponge application. It applies smoothly and evenly. I wouldn't say it gives an airbrushed finish but that's likely because I have pretty bad skin and I'm just using drugstore foundation, nothing high-end. However it gives a much more flawless finish than using a sponge. I'm very impressed and glad MUA led me to this wonderful tool. Best part was that I only paid $3! Will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder brush I ever bought, hands down. It makes applying any kind of powder (pressed powder after makeup for instance) fun and the result looks very professional!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Love, love, love this brush I own 2 I use one for liquid foundation and the other for powder, it applies both beautifully. This is definitely one of the best brushes especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

This brush is fantastic! I have tried several brushes from ELF but they have all been a bit, well, 'meh' and not worth having, but this one is lovely. The bristles are very densely packed, super soft and luxurious. I can't wait to use this brush with the complexion perfection powder to set my makeup. I have only used this with translucent powder, not blusher or bronzer so I can't comment on how good it is for them. It seems well made so it should last for years, if it ever breaks I will repurchase straight away. For the price (£3.50 in UK) you can't go wrong! Better than my NARS kabuki.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No