BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 6/7/2010 8:24:00 AM

After read all this reviews,i bought this product.First, the luminous is good ,you don't look like a disco ball after apply,light and natural.But after thousand of reviews I hoped something magic that provides like celebs dewy shining cheeks,but not.Overrated!Nevertheless ,it is a good highlighter.

on 6/4/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great highlight! I love it because its not NOTICABLY fake highlight! It blends right in and really does give off the perfect glow! Cute packaging and also useful! Huge bottle of this stuff.. will go long way! Glad I got it!

on 6/3/2010 7:21:00 AM

I use this under a BB Cream or my MAC Studiofix powder foundation NC30. It creates a dewy glowing effect but I don't recommend it for ppl with oily skin. It's only going to accentuate your oiliness so definitely stat away from the t-zone. I use sparingly on the bridge of my nose (two small dots to highlight my nose) and a bit more on my cheekbones. Good product if you master the use of it. But they could pretty up the pakaging considering its price range.

on 6/2/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

there are so many things wrong with this product. if you have oily skin, the shimmer in this just makes it look worse. if you "pat" it over the top of your foundation, which is the suggested use, it just moves your foundation around and all your hardwork is undone. you can mix it into your foundation for a "dewy" look, but i would only suggest this for very pale skin, as it is a whitish pink, and not if you are oily. the applicator is like a nail polish bottle and the product gets gooey and gross all around it. the top breaks off really easily. i worked for benefit for a year and i had to try to sell this to people and i felt horrible every time someone bought it, because i knew it was one of the worse things they make!! there are much better highlighters out there, don't waste your money on this dud.

on 6/2/2010 10:18:00 PM

Benefit does it again with an amazing product. This is my highlighter that I always come back to again and again. I believe the price was about $30 USD but I am not completely sure, sorry! I love to use this under my brows, cheek bones, and cupid's bow. It is a light pinkish color with a beautiful irredescence to it that just gives you an amazing GLOW!

I think that the price is reasonable because I use this everyday, it doesn't take a lot- very concentrated formula- and I have had it for a little over a year! I think the packaging is kind of sucky, it's like a nail polish bottle and can be a little annoying to use. I ususally just get a glob of it- put it on the back of my hand and apply is with a small brush (ex- concealer brush). You can use the brush that comes built into the lid- not impossible- I just go the extra route because it's easier for me.

I would definately buy this again, I love it under my brow bone- usually do not use a shadow highlight color there because I like how this adds a little sheen and looks more natural- not powdery like an eyeshadow highlighter. All up to preference though- different strokes for different folks. I really enjoy this product!

on 6/2/2010 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product when I was in Sweden BUT as soon as I moved to Texas, it freaked out on me especially on my cheekbones. The first time I used it in Texas, it was fine but after a couple more times, I noticed I ended up with red rashes or blotches on my cheekbones right where the product was on.

Love it! It's wonderful. It's glittery, contours my face well, and even doesn't highlight my big pores. It's not dry, but not too oozey-creamy. Very nice. The price isn't dirt cheap, but it's not terrible, and the packaging isn't an eyesore. :)

on 5/24/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want that look you get at the end of the day when your face is oily on your cheekbones, then this is for you! Me, personally, I prefer the dewy, natural look, and this just does not work for that type of appeal. Maybe if you prefer a lot of glimmer, sheen, and don't already have a nice oil supply for that, this could world for you. But for me, never again, as I artificial beauty is a go, but not when you can tell it is artificial. Yuck.

on 5/18/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE the shimmer (but over the top shimmer) this gives the tops of my cheek bones! Def one of my favs from BeneFit! =)

on 5/17/2010 9:54:00 PM

I only have this because it came i the Legally Bronze kit. I don't care to ever highlight and if I did I would prefer a powder highlighter over this liquid highlighter. I works ok but I never use it. I would not waste your money on it, and it's totally overpriced.

Video Reviews & Tutorials