BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/18/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE the shimmer (but over the top shimmer) this gives the tops of my cheek bones! Def one of my favs from BeneFit! =)

on 5/17/2010 9:54:00 PM

I only have this because it came i the Legally Bronze kit. I don't care to ever highlight and if I did I would prefer a powder highlighter over this liquid highlighter. I works ok but I never use it. I would not waste your money on it, and it's totally overpriced.

on 5/17/2010 9:51:00 AM

Its ok,doesnt show up at all under my mac foundation which is dissapointing,wouldnt buy again at all.

on 5/14/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was my first bottle of shimmer highlighter back when the glowy ethereal look was new & popular. I shelled out $18 for this tiny little bottle at Sephora 10 yrs ago & (lol) never used it b/c I wanted to save up as much of it as I could. I probably still have the bottle somewhere ....time literally flies!

The cap has an attached brush applicator & the shimmer is a dense silvery pink which can be blended sheer or built up for intensity. Just a tiny dab blended on cheekbones & browbones gave a beautiful youthful fresh effect. Too bad I didn't use it more often.

I marked that I wouldn't repurchase it (& I never have, anyway) b/c these days there are millions of shimmer products available on the market in cream, gel, powder, stick, spray, & lotion form that cost loads less than this little item. But if there were no other shimmers out there rivaling this one, then of course I would plunk down another $18 for it & again save up as much of it as I possibly can to make it go the distance, haha.

I wouldn't recommend buying it b/c there are just so many other better deals out there, but one thing I can say about this bottle is that its small size is very convenient for travel. The glass is thick enough to withstand impact, & I would probably clean out the bottle when empty & reuse it for a cheaper shimmer or whatever.

To me, this will always be the original shimmer.

on 5/14/2010 10:41:00 AM

LORAC's Illuminance is so much better - it blends better and lasts all day. High Beam goes on sort of plastic-y - I'm not sure how else to explain it. Not worth the money.

on 5/13/2010 5:12:00 AM

I bought this off ebay for $16.50. I received it and used it and it sucks. The packaging is pretty cute, but it didn't give any type of glow or highlight. Waste of money to me.

on 5/10/2010 9:41:00 PM

This is one of my favorite highlighters, its a beautiful soft pinky color. I have medium skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes and I think this is a beautiful color on me. I also like the look of champagne highlighters but this is great for summer. Be careful not to put too much on or else you'll look like a shiny mess. I love the nail polish like bottle and applicator brush! I put three small dots on my cheek bones, rub in and I'm left with an awesome sheen, not glittery just radiant. The price is a little high, but overall its wonderful.

on 5/10/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product ok, it does the job but I don't use it very often.

I wouldnt buy it again and I only got it as part of the legally bronze kit so it was cheap

I don't like to use it as much as a powder highlighter because it is less nice if you set with powder as I do.

I tried mixing it with foundation and you need a lot

also the packaging is such that you wont be able to get the last bit out, which sucks

its expensive and you can do better

on 5/10/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So far, I relaly like this product. i used it yesterday for the first time. It gave me a nice dewy glow and definitely brightened me up. I won't use it everyday since I'm scared it will break me out but it really does look pretty. I do agree about the bottle being like a nailpolish bottle wasn't the smartest. Also kind of unhygenic. I received this as a gift so I'm not sure if I would repurchase since this is really expensive but I definitely like it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I would buy this product again ONLY because it is quick and easy but you do need to know what you are doing with it, otherwise it can leave streaks (apply this product in natural light seriously)! In many respects I think it is too light and pinky and almost too shimmery so be sparing with it. I put it on in small blobs and then dab it in with my fingers - rubbing it in doesn't work. I use this on the inner corners of my eyes, under the outer corner of my brows, light dab on the philtrum, and sometimes lightly around the side of my nose.

Good product, not amazing, and too pricey.

Video Reviews & Tutorials