July 30, 2014 | 1253 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by fashionguru14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have a sample size of this from a Benefit sample set of their bestselling products from sephora. I used to think that I wouldn't repurchase this but after using it the last few days I think I will! It's really nice and I prefer the liquid formula to a highlighting powder. I still have enough in my sample so I won't be purchasing it for a while, not to mention it's expensive. Great product for a night-out especially or daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by AarinElizabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great idea, but way too pink and too much sparkle!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by MUArox

This product is very nice, but the Boots 7 Illuminating Lotion is a lot better which is why I won't buy this again.

High Beam is a liquid highlighter that is silvery pink. I'm medium toned so it just shows up as pearly silver with a pink undertone (pink isn't very visible, but I think it makes a difference). Looks lovely and actually doesn't fade out that badly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I do love me some High Beam. This is a great cheek highlight on those minimal-makeup days. If used right, it really brightens up your whole complexion so you look awake and refreshed. I usually just dab a bit on the back of my hand and from there take three smaller-than-pea-size drops and apply to the tops of my cheeks and blend it out. If I'm not wearing any eye makeup, I'll put a tiny amount in the tear duct area and under the brow and bam -- instant eye lift. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff -- but if you do end up overdoing it, I find that dusting over the area with a bit of translucent powder helps to tone it down.

The only gripe I have with this is the packaging -- what's with the nail polish bottle? If this came in a squeeze tube, it'd be five stars for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by VintagePhoto

High Beam is a pinkish/silvery sheen which i apply to the highest part of my cheekbones and sometimes to highlight my brows. I used to be in love with this, but now i have found many dupes (MAC Perfect Topping, Shimmery side of MAC MSF natural/shimmer duo ect..) You get a lot in the bottle though, but it's not a good idea to carry around since the bottle tends to break off & leak. Will probably not buy again although I do love to use it sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by BeckyBedbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

My mum bought me this for Christmas as she was in love with her own bottle. I have to say, I'm very glad she did!

I love the radiant shimmer this gives me. I wear it everyday on my cheekbones and on my eyes. I'm not much one for eyeshadow so this is a really nice subtle alternative.

It makes my skin look dewy and glowing, even if it's a state underneath that make up! Also, as you only need to use a tiny bit, it will last forever.

It's expensive but it really looks lovely. Plus, with it lasting such a long time, it really is worth the cost.

I will definitely buy again when I (eventually!) run out of it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by zudoral

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this in the latest Benefit kit from Sephora, it came with Hoola, Gilded, BadGal. Of all the products I like this one the best however the lighting you are under will affect it. In one bathroom i can't see it at all, in another it looks great.

I think it will really make you sparkle under natural light and on a sunny day. I like that it gives a different sheen than "oily", so you don't look oily, but you look sparkly/glowy. Even though it is expensive you don't need much and this product will last a long time

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrible consistency. It looks patchy and doesn't blend as well as I would like it to. It should apply smoothly like Stila's illuminating moisturizer and luminizer. If it did this would be an okay product, but I'm glad I got this cheap on eBay as I would have been annoyed if I had splashed out on the full one in store.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by tv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice highlighter! Every morning I have to drag myself out of bed by 6, and this really helps me look fresh. Just a few dots above the cheekbones and it brightens me up. The person at Sephora who sold this to me gave the tip of mixing it with a moisturizer and applying all over the face. I did that once and looked like a lightbulb. I'll stick with just using a bit on the cheeks.
2 things I didn't like: 1) The price. $24 is a lot to spend (though that's typical of Benefit), though I think it will last me a long time. 2) The bottle. I don't mind the applicator, and I have Benetint too and don't mind that bottle. But the top I have just doesn't screw on to the bottle very securely, and there's nothing I can do to fix that. I guess I'll just have to be careful...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

I got the small size of this in a Benefit set at sephora a while ago and i cant really figure out how to use this. i know you're supposed to dot it around your eyes and on your cheekbone but its just ehhh...when i use it you see the actually tell im trying to highlite that area..and its not cute. i try to rub it in..but i just end up rubbing it off. i would only rebuy this on ebay or something if i could find it cheap enough.