Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 3/26/2008 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Unlike most of the reviewers, i rather like the smell. It doesn't stink or anything - smells a bit like tea tree almost. I have an OCD with lip balms. My lips haven't been chapped since I was a little kid, but I feel that I'm going to die without something on my lips, even though they're already soft (because I use so much every day).

br>
Anyway, this stuff keeps my lips soft for hours, and I can wear it under lip gloss without a line of nasty gunk accumulating toward the inside of my mouth. It's waxy in the fact that it doesn't glide super easily, but none of it comes off the stick itself. As always, the packaging is cute with the little bumblebees. Will repurchase.

EDIT: This is the WORST lip balm.. EVER. After using it for about 5 days, my lips got chapped for the first time in years! It's not cold outside people. I'm drinking water o.O I returned it and bought a Vitamin E lip balm from the Body Shop to repair my lips. Will NEVER repurchase. Geez, I already hated the Beeswax lip balm... Even cherry ChapStick does a better job than this POS

EDIT, AGAIN: I found out that this lip balm wasn't chapping my lips. I had tried on the Buxom Lips lip plumper from Bare Escentuals and it chapped my lips horribly. I only found this out recently because I tried it on again after I ceased to use the Burt's Bee's and my lips are, again, chapped. I'm changing back to four lippies and I will repurchase because it wasn't bad when I was using it. I did feel the need to reapply m ore than usual, though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Just... meh. Thought I'd try it, since the original BB peppermint flavor was too waxy and drying for me (probably b/c of the peppermint oil). This one has kind of a cool tart-pomegranate scent that I personally enjoy, and the bright carmine-tinted balm leaves a hint of natural-looking blush on the lips. But the texture is still so #%^! waxy; I just don't know what Burt is thinking with that candle-like texture. It is possible to produce a tube balm that's still soft and emollient-- I own several. I really think BB is getting too big for its corporate britches and not paying attention to product quality instead of the "we're so natural" hype.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. It glides on nicely and isn't nasty like most lip balms are. The smell isn't particularly my favorite but I can deal, and it doesn't stay around for long. It's a bit expensive for just a tube, $3.00 at Target. And I love how natural everything is. Very pure. I will repurchase while I expriement with other balms Burts Bee's has to offer.

on 3/19/2008 4:52:00 PM

I ran out to buy some more burt's honey lip balm since I ran out and I found this one with pomegranate at the store. It leaves my lips nice and soft plus it smells great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really great lip balm! I have tried sooo many (no joke, see my review on Chapstick Vanilla Moisturizer to see the list).

Anyway, I bought this yesterday and I don't have chapped lips or anything, but I am a lip balm addict and love to have soft lips.

This balm does just that too! My only gripe is that the taste is a little herbal-y for me, but it is so faint I can totally manage since this is my new holy grail of lip balms!

All in all, this moisturizes well and makes lips nice and soft. It also leaves them with sheer pinkish tint :-) I love it!

on 3/17/2008 4:45:00 AM

i was very dissapointed in this product. I have never tried Burt's Bees products nor have i tried the original lip balm. I had high hopes that this lip balm will be moisturizing and great for everyday use. However,the smell really turned my off and it didn't really condition my lips as i hoped for. maybe the original might be better. In addition, i bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart for like $5 something after tax, and it's quite pricey for a lip balm.

on 3/15/2008 5:00:00 PM

I like this lip balm. It sooths my lips and I don't mind the scent. I have tried many lip balms and this is one of my favorites!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HORRIBLE! I bought this because it's suppose to be 99% natural, which is higher than the other Burts bees lip balms that I love. It may be natural, but something in it irritates the skin on my lips. I'm relieved (sort of) that I'm not the only one who has had problems with this, I thought it was just my imagination for a while. Also, repeated application makes your lips turn a weird reddish orange colour. I would not buy this again.

on 3/10/2008 1:50:00 AM

To be honest, I was actually expecting more from this lip balm, after trying the original one (which I absolutely ADORE). Pomegranate? Sure, it has a red tint but the smell is not very appealing..there's this smell that smells like my dad's beef noodles (in a bad way) that's covering the fruity smell underneath. perhaps I just got a bad tube? who knows. Although, the good thing about this lip balm is that it's very smooth and gives a very sheer red tint and evens out 'wrinkles' on the lips. The smell really bugs me though, so I will not repurchase.

on 3/9/2008 9:59:00 AM

Gosh, I hate this even more than the original beewax balm! Plus, I seem to be allergic to something in it, the inside of my lower lip became raw and very painful, as if someone had scrubbed it with sand paper.

Popular Lip Treatments