August 1, 2014 | 1798 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by hedgehog2484

This is a nice, smooth moisturizing lip balm with a light fruity scent. It adds a slight bit of color, as well. This is a nice addition to Burt's Bees selection of balms because it provides an option for those who do not like the original mint or the more unusual honey. I actually prefer those two, but I can see how others would prefer the pomegranate. I think this one probably has more universal appeal. I am keeping this one in rotation, and am glad to have it, but I have several balms so I might not replace this when I use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by laschifosavita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been buying this for about a year now, and I usually have at least two floating around my book bag. It's strong enough to keep my lips from chapping, but it doesn't feel heavy at all. I can't stand when treatments feel more like medicine than make-up, but this goes on really smooth. It has the same cute packaging that all Burt's Bees stuff has.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Precchan

I love this product! It`s moisturizing and the texture is not at all waxy - it just melts. An added plus is that it gives a hint of colour to my lips. Although some others complain about the smell, I actually really like it! When I go to the drugstore for a lipbalm, this is the only kind I will buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

smells so so so bad and not at all like a pomegranate.
i bought it because they were out of the honey burt's lip balm i always use and i hate the original. i can't stand the smell so i can't stand to leave it on my lips long enough to let it do it's thing. i can comment that the texture is really not the same as either of the other burts lip balms. it's much thinner. (compared to the waxy original and the creamy honey ones).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It doesn't really smell like pomegranates, however, I do like the smell. The best thing about this balm is the texture. It goes on smooth. It also seems to add a little color to my lips, which is nice. I haven't found this to be 'replenishing'. I will probably buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by favola

Unfortunately It Stops Working After Awhile,
Leaves Colour On Lips Too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by the_hostess

I was walking through the local CVS one evening and realized I "needed" a new lipbalm, and waltzed over to Burt's Bees. I do not like their original formula because of the mint smell, so I chose the Pomegranate Oil formula. I am so glad I did. It moisturizes very well and makes my lips appear plumper. The packaging is convenient and cute with the cheery, red cap. I love the smell, though at times it can be a bit strong. It's not terrible, but smells a bit like a cocktail. I will definitely be repurchasing, I love it that much.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by VeggiesRock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff today when I got to work because I left my trusty lip balm at home. This was the only cruelty free lip balm they had, so I didn't have much of a choice. I read the ingredients and didn't see any menthol, so I thought it might be okay. Boy, was I wrong!!! The smell is horrible. It smells like cherry menthol cough drops... which makes me ill. The consistancy is okay, not too waxy. I just can't get over them smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by boopboopbedoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't bad, but it's not very moisturizing for me. I do love the scent, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by goldbugkc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strange scent. Not fruity as I expected. Instead it's very herbal and spicy--not baked goods spicy, but rosemary/sage spicy.