Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

bliss beauty trio

on 12/31/2008 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered this just recently, and the results are extremely beneficial for my skin type. Some of us genetically produce a lot of keratin in our cells and it just refuses to surface on its own. Then there are the pore-clogging foundations, etc. And then there are hormones...on it goes. I have invested countless dollars in cleansers, scrubs, lotions, otc medications, and the dermatologist. Sure, these things have helped, but not enough.
This gadget in two uses did more for me than any scrub or cleanser I've ever owned. I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (in the pump) which is soapless and perfect for my skin type. The one I ordered from QVC came with 3 brush heads and two cleansers. The Clarisonic seems to also tone the skin to make it plumper (imo), no doubt due to increased circulation. I wash most of my makeup off the regular way first, and then use the Clarisonic; this will give you excellent cleansing action. I believe the sonic technology which vibrates at 300x per second must really rev things up in there and enhance cell turnover; it seems to also normalize oil output. My skin has cleared up immensely, and when I do get a zit, it will resolve within 24 hours. I am using more of my moisturizer, Clinique DDM-gel.
I started with the delicate (blue) brush to condition my skin to its use *used that for about a week. Then I worked my way up to the sensitive brush (white) and I am seeing an increase in positive results. (There is even a gray brush for normal or body use). The serums and moisturizers will soak into the skin after using this (it's true). If you use Differin or glycolics, you should see even more dramatic improvement - but use common sense and don't over stimulate your skin.
I invested in this product and will not be without it from now on.
>>>UPDATE: using the gray/regular brush now and seeing even better improvement in tone and clarity.
>>>FYI: almost everyone has microscopic mites in our pores and sebaceous glands, if you do some searches on Demodex folliculorum or Demodex brevis you can find info and pics online - gee thanks science! lol

on 12/31/2008 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I can't believe how wonderful this product is! I purchased it (on QVC) and began using it the night before Thanksgiving (11/26). I had oily skin most of my life and large pores (skin is drying somewhat with age). The reduction in pore size was noticeable within a week. Now, by midday when the nose starts to get shiny (and that's usually when pores look HUGE), my face looks totally smooth. I have also noticed that I need to use less moisturizers, serums, etc. because my skin is cleaner and more receptive. I LOVE this product! The only drawback is the price -- actually, if it lasts, the unit itself is not so bad; however, the brushes are $25 each and need to be replaced every 90 days.

on 12/31/2008 11:34:00 AM

I purchased this for myself about a week ago, and I'm already in love with it. I am 25 years old, with combination (oily nose, acne prone, and prone to get dry patches in the winter) skin, and as of right now, one week after starting use, I have perfect skin. No dry patches, not even one pimple, and my makeup goes on perfectly. Up close, it looks like I have no pores. I noticed that I don't get as oily, either, throughout the day. In the first 2 days of use, I did notice 2 very tiny whiteheads pop up, then were gone as quickly as they appeared. The quality of the Sonicare brush is really good, you can tell that it's well-made. I use Paula's Choice BHA Lotion 2% after I wash my face and it sinks right in, along with my moisturizer. I am so thankful that I went ahead and purchased this, at first I thought I was crazy to spend so much, then I found the code for and took the plunge. I also bought one for my mother (55), and she loves it just as much as I do. I would recommend this to anyone, at least try it. If you don't like it, you can return it.. but I don't think you will. My skin has NEVER looked (or felt) this good.

Also: I am not new to exfoliation, as one of the newer reviewers wondered. I have always properly exfoliated, and have used products from the store to ones from the derm. I have only gotten compliments on my skin since using the Clarisonic.

on 12/31/2008 1:40:00 AM

I've read the reviews and wanted to buy one, but the price is just a little much don't you think? Then I saw that QVC has it available on four easy payments, and they have the very best return policy. If you don't like an item, return it within thirty days.

So, I ordered one. I am sixty years old, and have consistantly been mistaken (to my delight) for someone in her forties. But in the past few months I've noticed little brown pigment spots and increased incidents of millia (sp?) appearing. Resistant little irritants and hard to get rid of.

In less than one week of using the Clairsonic I was able to easily extricate the hard white millia. The brown spots? Definately lighter.

My left cheekbone had developed hard little bumps that no amount of cleaning, exfoliating or firm rubbing with Philosophys Micro-Dermabrasion Scrub could eliminate. Within two days of twice daily usage, the bumps were gone. Overall pores are clean, clean, clean!

After cleansing, the skin just seems to slurp up skin treatment serums to much better effect.

My mother (southern belle type with gorgeous skin at 78) asked if I was doing something different because my skin was so "luminous". Guess what she's going to get for Valentine's Day!!

Yes, it's pricey, but factoring in microdermabrasion treatments at my estheticians, facials and how much better skin serums work, this will pay for itself quite quickly.

on 12/29/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've heard about it, read about it...but I didn't "get it" until Santa got it for me, and, as it turns out, I really love it! Even on my sensitive, rosacea prone, ultra dry, mature skin, the results are quite incredible! Clarisonic is really fast and easy to use, convenient to clean and store and works well with all of my (many, many) cleansers. My face feels absolutely amazing after using this (with the sensitive head)... baby soft and totally smooth with zero irritation (and I get redness and itchy bumps from just about every scrub and peel out there, including salon treatments). At age 60, trying to be "buff" is pretty far fetched, but having a "buff" face is awesome!

on 12/29/2008 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

If you're confused on the various colors/models/prices of the Clarisonic - the above link is very helpful.

on 12/28/2008 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this based on the hype and also based on the fact that the Sonicare toothbrush was absolutely the best beauty tool purchase I've ever made. I figured, why not apply the same principal to cleanse my face? Well, to put it simply, my face didn't like this AT ALL. Even after lots of experimentation w/ the brush heads, settings and frequency, using the Delicate brush head at the one-minute setting only 1-2x a week still made my skin develop rough, bumpy patches that would go away as soon as I stopped using the Clarisonic. I really could kick myself since my skincare routine was working just fine for me, but I had to go and try and make it better. To sum up this review: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Lesson learned, I'm sending it back. Anyway, I wouldn't call buying this a complete waste of money since at least I know now to stay away instead of pining for it. I'd just suggest buying it from a retailer w/ a good return policy, possibly one w/ free return shipping (I think you know who I'm talking about).

on 12/25/2008 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It took me a long time to cough up the $200 on this machine. I am so glad I finally did! I have acne-prone, oily skin, and this little brush cleared up all the congestion. Due to my problematic skin, I hardly leave the house without a full face of makeup on. I used to think I did it all - makeup remover, washing my face twice, using a scrub occasionally, toner, lotion, etc. I used this brush, and the bristles were beige after my cleansing! Obviously, I was not getting everything out of my pores. 2 weeks later, my skin has a noticeable glow to it, and is becoming smoother and more even! Breakouts are lessening, as it seems to shake everything out of those pores! Any zits that do appear are smaller, and heal faster. It is REALLY gentle to the face, and I use it usually twice a day (in the morning and at night) with Murad's AHA/BHA Cleanser or Murad's Clarifying Gel Cleanser. Brushes are somewhat expensive, but they only need to be replaced every 3 months and less than $10 a month is well worth it for the most wonderful skin you'll ever have. Trust me, you will love this!

ADVICE: If you register your brush online, they send you a new brush head for free!

on 12/25/2008 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive acne-prone skin and used this for about 9 months and never saw any difference. At 9 months it just stopped working. Could not be repaired. Not worth it imo.

I am updating. I re-purchased and have been using for a couple of months. I definitely see a difference in my skin with clearer pores and less breakouts. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have improved the quality and that it lasts this time.

on 12/25/2008 9:42:00 AM

This is the first time I've written a review on a product, but this is an investment in your skin at a hefty price of $200 or thereabouts, so I decided to add to the reviews.

I waited a long time to give in to this lemming! My skin is mature, but very prone to clogs. I have obvious pores that I've hated my whole adult life. I've spent hundreds of dollars on skincare, so I finally broke down and got myself this tool.

I have not been disappointed. NO OTHER treatment has made the difference that this has to my skin. My pores are looking so much more refined, and oddly, I'm not as oily, but more normal. Of course, it's winter so I'm getting the effects of the cold weather too.

It is a pleasure to use, really wakes up my skin. My cheeks even looks rosier! I got some sample Clarisonic cleansers, but I use my regular cleansers, and have had NO irritation or problems since I started. It has only been a few weeks, can't wait to review how I feel after six months!

I don't know what differences you would see if you have clear poreless skin, but if you have any blemishes, pores, blackheads, acne, IMO, you may want to give this little machine a try. I believe my treatments are becoming more effective, since my skin is cleaner and no build up of dead skin cells (sorry!).

There is a sensitive skin head and a lower speed for the delicate skin types. My skin is not sensitive, so I really can't speak for how it would work for you, other than I can see how much gentler the low speed is.

Unlike some, I didn't get an extra head with my purchase, so shop around, there are some deals to be had out there. The new heads are expensive too, $25, and they rec you change it every 2-3 months.

Overall, so far, I really recommend this product, even at this price. I've spent far more on products that have not touched my skin issues.

AFter Six MONths: I still LOVE this product, and the good news is I rarely use it more than twice a week. I don't need to! My instinct tells me if you are sensitive or dry skinned, this is not for you, but if you are congested and clogprone, it could be very helpful.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools