July 30, 2014 | 1567 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a tiny tin of this as an extra in a swap, and used it up without ever thinking about it again.

More than a year later, I was looking for a new body moisturizer with parrafin in it, and this was the first thing I found. It's relatively inexpensive, incredibly moisturizing, inoffensively scented, and.. well, in short, it's my newest favorite moisturizer. I can add my own scent (any essential oil) and shimmer (MAC vanilla pigment), and it's officially perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Limeburst

I bought this on a whim at the CVS checkout counter. It was only 99 cents for a little container. I love this stuff. Its my first time trying it, and i must say, i am impressed. Its the only stuff that makes my skin smooth, and glistening. Others just make it feel more rough and greasy. bleck. I carry this tin around in my bag, and its so handy. Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Justbeinme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first fell in love with this after feeling the skin of my boyfriend after he used it. I immediately went into his bathroom and searched for his secret to super soft skin. This was it. Since then it's a winter staple! Love it. Apply it especially on wet skin after the shower and you'll fall in love with your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Hands down best all over body mositurizer.

I only wish it came in bigger tubs. I go through them soooo quickly.

My skin is super soft thanks to this, heels, elbows, and knees included. I use this EVERY day when I get out of the shower. I love the rich consistency and I also love the smell.

The smell is not only lovely on its own....but it doesnt interfere with or compete with any of the perfumes that I wear. I have even had people ask me what perfume I was wearing, when I was not wearing any- the lotion smells that nice......

Many people prefer the German version of this, and I agree- I tend to like it better and I do buy it when I come across it, but I like both...and will happily use the Mexican produced version if that is all that I can find at the time....both are great imo.

Ideally, I would like if this cream came in large tubes or pump bottles as opposed to the small tubs.

I will never be without this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is about Nivea creme Soft. No idea whether it is the German or Mexican version, don't know whether there actually are two versions of the Soft version, didn't even know there were two versions of Nivea creme before I read the reviews yesterday...
Anyway. This is fairly...unassuming item in terms of packaging and claims - dirt cheap, too. But what it does, it does quite well. It's fairly thick, I would hardly put it on during the day, or even all that often at night, since my skin is break-out prone (though I'm not sure it would cause breakouts - I just don't want to take the risk.) I had badly dried, flaking skin though these days, and was really quite helpless about it. Well, I put on Nivea Creme thickly two nights in a row, almost as a mask, just wiping the excess before I went to sleep, and wow, good bye dry skin. All in all, I really think my skin likes it. Might even help with redness.
Oh, and it doubles as a light hand cream. Aaand, actually, the first time I used it was because I had a small, superficial burn and nothing to put on it, so I slapped some on thickly and -because it was cool, maybe- it did soothe me a little.
So, versatile, dirt-cheap, got to love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by yumemiru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When my skin feels like alligator skin, this is the perfect product. Put it on after shower, go to sleep and wake up to baby smooth skin. Not expensive for the amonth of product and it last a long time. The packaging is average, nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by 10amald3

This lotion (the one in the squirt bottle, not the tin) is great it's kind of liquidy which is a good thing, because that means its really moisterizing, love the smell and it really nourishes all of your dry spots and all over your body as well. The only thing for me is that its kind of expensive for a drugstore brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by KatinkaRosenrot

Germany is Nivea-Land, so you can get it at every corner.
It is said that my grandma only used water and nivea cream and she was neary wrinkleless till her death.
Unfortunately this so not work for me. Probably it is the lanolin and paraffinum. It is very cheap and the packaging and the scent are classics, but exept from winter (sometimes I use it for my cheeks when I got outside) it is way to heavy and I'll break out after a short time.
Every now and then I use it for try areas on my body or my hands, for these purposes it is great.

So if you wanna have an "all purpose tool" for dry skin on your body, like legs, elbows, hands, go and get one. For everything else I prefer the Nivea Soft Cream in the white packaging, it is much lighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

I have this in a little travel tin and I love it for my cuticles. It is nothing really special, just a very thick moisturizing cream. I probably wouldn't be a fan of using it on my whole body, however, as it seems more like paste than lotion and would probably be too thick. For my cuticles however it is perfect, and I like how I can just drop it in my purse and not worry about it leaking since the product itself is too thick. Cheap and effective, would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ujinyoon

I really don't understand the hype on this product. I've been offered this product in the tin can several times for my hands growing up and remember never liking it. Well, two winters ago, I was on accutane so I bought a tube, which I shouldn't have. It feels tacky and doesn't sink in no matter how much I rub it. Moisturizes okay, but I really can't get past the smell. It's too strong and floral and makes me want to gag.