July 31, 2014 | 1021 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kimbo411

This is my moms fav. fragrance. she has worn it since i was a baby. On her, it has a pleasing smell, well at least not so in your face as it smells from the bottle. This is supposed to be a classic, but i just dont care for it. Perhaps its because i associate it with older women.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 9:07:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

it was the first perfume i ever used and i still love it. i will always come back to this, no matter what.
when in doubt, i use chanel no.5

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2005 11:10:00 AM More reviews by prisha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How could anyone not feel fabulous with this captivating classic? What's not to love? It's still around because it very clearly does the trick, folks. The Sensual Elixer is also delightful. Classics are timeless, cheap is not. My mom had a joke about girls she'd pass on the streets of Manhatten (& pitifully naive ones elsewhere), who thought if 1 drop's good, 10 is even better. That's what a shower is for, not fine perfume. It's like jewelry or art. If you need think you need to wear or decorate with all of your nice things at once, you'll start to look like you need to for some tragic reason. It doesn't look good. The same principle is with fragrances. A little goes a long way. Less is more. Wherever I've lived, whomever I've come in close contact with, this is without exception the scent people spontaneously adore. And sexy? OMG! If you don't know why it's the best thing many of us wear to bed or en route, you might never get it. Not that it's not totally appropriate day or night anywhere else, however; it is, unlike far too many scents. Unsolicited compliments without fail...not too many, though, that would make one suspect something ;o (I'd never ask someone but my closest family members about their opinions - but, they too love my beloved 5). Works for them, & it works for me - it's a no-brainer. A literally awesome combination with some subtle, lovely floral undertones. I'm a fragrance junkie & will always be one, but this will always be my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by s4ssyfatgurl

I got this perfume as a gift and it smells TERRIBLE. i know most people are inlove with it,but it is too strong and in your face.i have three words for this YUCK YUCK and YUCK!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This fragrance starts out as a sparkling, bubbly scent (must be the aldehydes) and it made me say, "Hmmm...how interesting." But as soon as it settles, I also think it smells harsh. That's really the perfect word for it. When I first read the reviews here I couldn't understand how a perfume could be "harsh." Strong, yes. Sharp, also a yes. But harsh? What? But it is. I'll try to explain: sharp/strong scents make a beeline straight up my nasal passages, soft/subtle ones leisurely waft up. Chanel No. 5 barrels toward my face and hits the side of the nose, leaving a scrape or two, thereby making its presence known. Not the headache-inducing pierce of a sharper fragrance, but it's sort of like a "noisy" perfume that smacks into you.However, I must agree w/ MUAer ang5els (see her review below) that on the right person, this is a "beautifully elegant soft sexy skinscent..." Very accurate, as this is how No. 5 smells on my [oh-so-lucky] mother. Also, I adore the chic, simple bottle. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 6:42:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

My second favorite to my Chanel 19!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by moogiemyer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recieved my MEGA bottle of Chanel parfum yesterday from my favorite man other than my husband-the UPS guy!I have enjoyed this fragrance from some of my very early memories as my kindergarten teacher,Mrs.Monk wore this. I loved her and would kiss her on the cheek each day before I got on the bus to go home. These were some of my most fond memories as a child. I'm afraid that Chanel #5 will always be attached to that wonderful kindergarten teacher. I will say that the opening of this fragrance is full of a chemical mess also known as aldehydes. This quickly subsides to a melange of floral notes of the white variety.Is this old-fashioned?YUP. Do I think old-fashioned is beautiful in its own right?YUP. If old fashioned nostalgic perfumes are something you enjoy and all its nostalgic reputation, then this will be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by elvira88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I will never understand what all of the hoopla is about this perfume. I think because of the name Chanel, it tricks you into thinking that it smells fabulous. This is one of the worst fragrances there is. Accidently dropped a bottle on my bathroom floor and my upstairs smelled for days. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SouthDakotaPrincess

I may just be too young to get the greatness of this perfume (I'm 22), but it smells like wretchedly harsh "old lady" perfume to me. You know, that really nasty "perfume"-smelling perfume? In fact, all of the Chanel fragances seem to smell like that to one degree or another. Great clothes, horrible perfumes. I don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by clb97p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought that aldehydes were not for me, but discovered that I can wear them with Chanel no. 5 EDT. I need to stress that on me, the EDT formulation is vastly superior to the EDP and even the parfum. It is fresher, lighter, and has a bit more sparkle to it, whereas the EDP and parfum can become a bit too powdery for my taste.

No. 5 smells nostalgic, sexy, complex and comforting all at the same time. I love to spritz it on while watching a BBC drama series or right before going to bed. It's a classic, and while it may not work on everyone, every woman should at least try it and see how it makes her feel. continued >>