April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2005 10:34:00 PM More reviews by tickedoffchick

There's a reason some scents are classics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by HelenVanPattersonPatton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What can be said that hasn't already about this classic? I adore its powdery, sultry, feminine appeal. I love its history and the house from whence (yes, whence)it came. I also love the elixir...a softer version for those who don't dare...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chanel No. 5 was so wonderful on my mother's friend, a very stylish, classy, elegant lady who wore it for years as her signature fragrance. It was subtle, soft-powdery, very discreet yet always present fragrance on her. Very fine, chic, sophisticated, 'intelectual' but still sensual enough, soft and close to the skin... "A quiet elegance"... I don't know, it seems that I haven't liked it so much on anyone else, including me, or especially on me.
I have never been very fond of Chanel No.5 but I understand what is all the hype about. It is an interesting and special, well composed fragrance. But I'm not the type for it. It is somehow too serious, dark woodsy, too somber and melancholic on me, probably more formal than I like. I had 3 or 4 bottles of it in my life (mostly presents) but I stopped wearing it in late 80's... I've just never really loved it. The most interesting thing of all is that this is probably the perfume I got the most compliments on - by women!!!
I prefer EDT which is much softer - EDP is too heavy and quite harsh-sharp-spicy.
Another woman I know who has been Chanel No.5 fan for years told me last year that she suspected EDT was reformulated and that "it is not today what it used to be". Well, as I wrote in my previous review, I suspect the same for Coco. Is it a true or not, I can't say. Chanel would certanly not admit that. Maybe just our tastes are changing...who knows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 1:05:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this scent! Why? Well, when I was growing up, my Mom wore this when she went out with my Dad. I'm 45 now and she's in her early 70's and she still wears this when she goes out with my Dad! I love the way this smells on me because I think of my mom everytime I wear it. She's 700 miles away from me now, but wearing this brings me closer to her and I adore the scent -- I get compliments on it all the time, although I wonder sometimes if it's because people that smell it are reminded of their mom or an aunt or somebody. Delightful and classy!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by janicepetals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the smell of No. 5. However since wearing it I have often been told I smell mature. I'm in my 20s and would prefer to smell my age!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by holleque

This is my holy grail perfume. For years it was the only one I could tolerate using because I am sensitive to scents. i just love it - timelss!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 12:26:00 PM More reviews by AshleySmalley

Will I repurchase? Pfft! OF COURSE!!!

This is my all time favorite perfume. It's my signature scent, and I have used it for years and intend to keep doing so :-) It has a scent like no other perfume in the world-- and trust me, I have tried dozens of scents trying to find my perfect match before I discovered this one--I understand why it has stood the test of time since it was first created so long ago!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This will always be a classic scent. Light, feminine, and it doesn't strangle the people around you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by madamoisellemoi

This is quite possibly confidence in a bottle. Whenever I apply the parfum, I feel transformed, more "womanly." Perhaps that sounds corny, but a woman should apply a fragrance that reaches in and grabs the true power of womanhood and brings it out for the world to feel. It's a subtle, yet powerful scent which commands its power as the most treasured in the world. If you want to feel special, or make your S.O. feel special, buy or try this fragrance--if you're ready for it, it will be the best decision you've ever made.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2005 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lujayn

i just started wearing chanel no. 5 . i love it . i makes me smell soooooo sexy , makes me wanna kiss myself..excuse me....(kiss kiss kiss) as i was saying, it so sensual this is my scent, for sure. i only wear it to bed i think its to sexual for day time. it has an overtly sexual aroma, kinda slutty , but i like it none the less .