Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 9/11/2005 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Someone on the boards suggested this as a spot-treatment when I had this HUGE, scab-over-green-pus breakout (yes, GROSS!). I dabbed this full-strength on that afternoon and again before bed, and the next morning, the whole thing - pus and scab and all - had fallen off and it was already starting to heal underneath. UNBELIEVABLE! Usually it takes me at least a week for the scab to even just fall off!
Haven't tried it as a toner yet, but will report back once I do.

on 9/1/2005 8:39:00 AM

ok, I was skeptical, but I have been using this for 2 days and I already can see a difference in my skin. It stinks so bad, but it's worth it if i can have that glow back again. I diluted it with distilled water, 1 part cider to 3 parts water, as I have sensitve skin I wanted to keep it weak at first. I may add more later. I bought a small botlle for $2.70 at my local health food store. i want to try putting other stuff in like other MUA girls suggest to cover the smell and also get benefits from certain essential oils. will update. You should try this. Will also try putting on my salads with olive oil, can't be that bad, and if it cleans from the inside out, I can put up with it. So far so good.

on 8/30/2005 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: *** I'm another gal who fell off the ACV bandwagon. I just couldn't deal with the smell! I also like to spray my toners on, and you can't really do that with this (dries out the lips). Maybe I'll come back to this later, because I have a huge bottle of it left! ****

I use a slight variation of carekate's super ACV toner recipe. I was having trouble finding vitamin C crystals, but you can find 'em with the rest of the vitamin supplements in health food stores. Before I found the vitamin C crystals, I used the toner (ACV, lemon and clary sage essential oils, green tea), for about a week. The vitamin C crystals help, I think. The tone and texture of my skin seems to be improving. It's a bit weird; I still get clogged pores, but they're not getting inflamed nearly as much. The bumps are there, but they're the same colour as the rest of my skin. I just squeeze the gunk out with my fingertips (I know, bad!) and it comes out kind of like toothpaste from a tube.

Super-duper cheap, but as the rest of the reviewers said, super-duper STINKY. Try it. It's cheap, all-natural, and does more than most store-bought stuff. I like what this stuff does for my skin, but I may try the witch hazel I've been hearing so much about after my gigantic bottle of Bragg's ACV is finished. That should be in about two years!

One more thing; as mentioned in other reviews, do not get this stuff near your lips! It may not dry them about the first time, but after a few days you'll have the driest lips you've ever had in your life. I don't recommend using a spray bottle. Pat it on your skin instead. continued >>

on 8/26/2005 10:09:00 PM

wow. wow. WOW! amaazing. my blackheads are drying up, my zits are going away. my marks are fading away... real FAST! i love it! doesn't smell nice though.. a MUST TRY!!

on 8/25/2005 10:59:00 PM

I use Natural Brand Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother from GNC and I must say, my skin has dramatically improved! My old blemish scars are fading nicely, I hardly ever break out as much as I did before (now it's small zits, one or two at most) and my skin generally feels soft and plain ol'nice. It really all depends on your skin but for me I use full strength on a cotten swab for my entire face with no harsh results. Always test to make sure though. Only thing is my face smells like sweaty feet (lol!) I use every morning and night. Great natural remedy! By the way this brand is also raw-unfiltered, unheated and unpasteurized.

on 8/20/2005 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

****MUST DILUTE THIS WITH PURIFIED WATER LADIES! **** I'm hearing about too many of you using this full-strength... Anyway, this is my HG toner. I simply mix 1 part Bragg's ACV with 3 parts purified water. It's also great to add 1 part aloe vera water if you'd like. This stuff is amazing. The first time I used this, I couldn't stop touching my skin afterward - it was so soft and amazing! Also, my skin wasn't red or irritated, yet calm and rejuvinated. I remember at first I was skeptical about trying this b/c I figured it would just dry the crap out of my skin - but boy, was I wrong! And yes, the brand does matter. Bragg is UNFILTERED and UNPROCESSED, meaning that it has all of the enzymes and nutrients still in it - and that will definitely make your skin happy! Other vinegars might help with clearing up excess oil or drying otu a pimple or something - but you will certainly be robbing your skin of the wonderful nutrients present in a raw and organic brand - as well as possibly overdrying your skin. If you don't have access to Bragg's - try looking for another unfiltered and organic brand. Also, use Bragg's ACV on your salads mixed with a bit of olive oil. Your body will thank you. Bragg is an awesome brand coming from true-to-heart health crusaders! I definitely recommend using this stuff for a toner. Try it for a month and see what happens. :-)

on 8/20/2005 12:20:00 PM

Not specifially on Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, just apple cider vinegar as a toner in general. I use a 13oz. empty bottle, fill it halfway with apple cider vinegar and the other half with a strong-brew of green tea (the green tea bags with honey & leomn -- smells better and you can add a little of the humectant benefits of the honey and astringent qualities of lemon easily that way). I also add about 10 drops of tea tree oil for it's strong antibacterial and skin-healing properties and about 10 drops of lavender essential oil for the pleasant scent and for it's antiseptic and sebum-controlling properties, as well as it's ability to assist in the healing of wounds, aiding in the formation of scar tissue, and rejuvenating the skin. I really like using these natural products instead of harsh chemicals and drying alcohol. The apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil really do a good job at removing any traces of make-up, dirt, and oil on your skin. So well that, in fact, you feel all clean and tingly afterwards. I have oily, brake-out-prone, sensitive skin and it reacts well to the alcohol- and chemical-free natural apple cider vinegar toner. Plus, it's dirt cheap!

on 8/6/2005 8:08:00 PM

I read the reviews and I took the bait! Summer in Georgia does TERRIBLE things to my skin; the heat and humidity makes me breakout everywhere - my face, back, chest. Even with my PC 2% BHL, my pores are hell in the summer. When I bought my Bragg's vinegar, the entire lower left side of my face (and neck, from perspiration beneath my heavy hair) looked like I'd been attacked! All bright red blemishes that had reached their peak but would not go away. In one week of applying Bragg's straight as a toner twice a day (occasionally adding aspirin toner after the Bragg's dried) and the red marks are GONE. My skin feels like silk, and I'm very happy. I don't find that it stings me, but from what I've read on MUA there are many sensitive gals out there so perhaps some will choose to dilute this. For less than $4 you can't go wrong...TRY THIS!!!!

(Yes, it stinks! But to me, it means nice skin and I kind of like the smell now, knowing that it makes such a difference in my skin.)

on 7/30/2005 12:55:00 PM

I hate writing reviews for products that i love because i'm superstitious and always think they're gonna stop working well after i rave about them.....but, this stuff is just too good to be true! i actually learned about this toner method off the acne.org website under the scar message board. after trying many many different scar products this is the only one that seems to be healing my old acne scars. i apply it 1 to 1 or add a little more H20 if my skin feels drier, and then when its dry, i put jojoba oil on all over. i noticed that jojoba oil didn't moisturize the extra dry spots as well so i also use desert essence tea tree oil skin ointment (ingred: sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, calendula extract, lavender oil, cetyl esters, beeswax). I really recommend this ointment because it helps moisturize overnight but also hasn't broken me out. My skin definitely doesn't look perfect, but i am so amazed with the results so far! i really hope this continues to improve my skin, because right now i couldn't be happier! and ya it does stink like nobody's business, but its well worth it if you have skin problems!

on 7/26/2005 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am doing the super toner recipee found below with green tea, ylan ylang oils and Vit C Crystals. I am very impressed at how fast it's clearing the red marks left by pimples. My skin seems clearer and more radiant. No change on nose blackheads but so far I am very pleased with this. The ylan ylang oil covers the smell a bit so i use it in the AM and PM/alternating with retin-a micro.
Edit: after one week of using, I'm loving it. I put pure ACV on a pimple that was brewing and it cut it's life short. It didn't evolve into a huge zit and was gone in 2 days.

Video Reviews & Tutorials